Empire / tarkin update

SwiftMooky
347 posts Member
edited June 2017
I understand you wanted us to be hyped about the Tarkin/Empire pass, but when the pass just makes obsolete toons slightly less obsolete, it's tough. If you really want to create a pass that we can get excited about and feel good about spending money on, then you need to release/re-release toons that are good against the current meta. This DOES NOT necessarily imply power creep, but it's clear that the Empire pass does not counter Rex+Triple cleanse.

This is not a complaint post against the current meta, it is what it is. What I'm saying is, if you want to release toons that we get excited about, they actually should impact the game because of their competitive value. And really, to counter the current meta, a step forward at least is to release a character with a leader ability that grants allies TM for each debuff dispelled from enemies. Like Allies receive 7.5% TM per debuff enemy has cleansed. Boom. That's better than the slightly worse versions of Tarkin, Veers, and Troopers that we got. Devs, you have to actually think about what the meta is and how you can make new or re-released toons RELEVANT, not just new.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Almost like if they had released Thrawn instead of Gar Saxxon or something along those lines
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    My Tarkin lead does well but empire comps are few and far between. Base resist and the general slowness of empire toons just make this whole game much worse off
  • The Tarkin update was great - he's money vs. current meta (Chaze / GK / R2) - he's a monster in raids too. I get the overall tone though when compared to current meta and the R2 / Ahsoka releases for that build, but Tarkin really was a darned good rework - his zetas are not good - but he still have a very deadly kit.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    With the onslaught of op rebel toons you keep releasing, it's time for the release of a dark side character who's basic ohko any rebel. This is going to be the worst meta ever, chaze, r2, atf, insert random leader for the win. Good job way to diversify the game! Cheers!
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Nah, they will also be able to auto any team with wedge or jyn
  • Omeah wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    With the onslaught of op rebel toons you keep releasing, it's time for the release of a dark side character who's basic ohko any rebel. This is going to be the worst meta ever, chaze, r2, atf, insert random leader for the win. Good job way to diversify the game! Cheers!

No random leader, only leader that matters is Rex

I would have thought zJyn would be just as useful here
  • Drax_77 wrote: »

You want all the rebel users in the game to quit? Yeah sure... totally
  • after close to 6 months of utter dominance from sith, and with 5 of the top 10 characters being dark side, and with nihilus being the most played in top 10 arena teams by a landslide...

what the hell are you talking about?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    So all the dark side users should quit because they keep releasing op rebels that will ruin the game with no balance?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

No random leader, only leader that matters is Rex

I would have thought zJyn would be just as useful here

That's where my next zeta is aimed
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    nwrobinson wrote: »
    after close to 6 months of utter dominance from sith, and with 5 of the top 10 characters being dark side, and with nihilus being the most played in top 10 arena teams by a landslide...

Watch, within 2 months 90% of the top 10 will be chaze, r2, atf with whichever leader.
  • nwrobinson wrote: »
    after close to 6 months of utter dominance from sith, and with 5 of the top 10 characters being dark side, and with nihilus being the most played in top 10 arena teams by a landslide...

What game have you played until now dude? Sure isn't SWGOH.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    10 of the teams in the top 20 of my shard have Chaze in them. That includes a Zaul using them and the rest are either Rex or Wedge. Yeah, arena is pretty diverse ::insert eye roll:: and no I don't run Zaul nor do I want to run Zaul.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    money vs. current meta?
    GK takes his debuffs and swaps them for buffs. - void
    to gain any traction with his AoE he has to get at least 5 basics in AND crit, GK already handed out crit immunity. - void
    Gain defense equal to his potency, admit kinda sexy.
    Defense down and expose ONCE PER ENCOUNTER when enemies gets less than 100% health, completely worthless. - void
  • DN needs to be protected.... by Chaze... so he can be used to kill other chaze's. Pretty sure he'll be readily replaced by Ahsoka. Though, his full buff removal on basic is going to find him a place on teams for a long time.

Also, zMaul as Meta lasted like 90 days. And it was a gimmick. It's a good team, and if you have Zavage you can probably continue to stand firm, but it's no meta.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Yes, there are 5 of top 10 characters being dark side, and all of them are just supplements to Chaze teams.
    they have very little synergy together, absolutely nothing near Chaze/Wedge.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

What?!
    It's been 8 months of solid Chaze. The Sith were never meta, just a hype.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Zmaul is becoming extinct with the addition of, what that? Another rebel? Yep r2 pretty well put a stop to Zmaul teams.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

:D 6 months? You're joking right? First off, Zaul didn't take prominence until after mid-February (go read the Developer Notes section - the Sith Faction pass didn't drop until after February 14th). At most, that would be just over 4 months....except that "Sith dominance" was already ending when R2 was released on May 4th. So about 2 and half months....tops. And only if you ran Sith from day 1 of the pass (and many didn't get Zaul up and running for a couple weeks, as many had already used Zetas on Vader).

And no, I do not consider one darkside character still featured in arena teams to be "Sith dominance".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    Zmaul is becoming extinct with the addition of, what that? Another rebel? Yep r2 pretty well put a stop to Zmaul teams.

Fer real. Even though Rex was around the entire time... I guess they needed a holistic rebel toon for the rebel wallet warriors.

Then you have the posts about Rex (even Yoda) potency up/DN not working right blah blah blah. Nerf/fix the mechanic. Meanwhile, that would just nerf, sorry, 'fix' Rex and Nihilus -- and still wouldn't affect rebel teams.

And the chances of ST/Bespin/rotj (or whatever) Luke also getting a rebel tag come august?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • money vs. current meta?
    to gain any traction with his AoE he has to get at least 5 basics in AND crit, GK already handed out crit immunity. - void
    Defense down and expose ONCE PER ENCOUNTER when enemies gets less than 100% health, completely worthless. - void

He's money...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1102777/#Comment_1102777

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1103548/#Comment_1103548

I don't make up garbage - it's tested and validated by others.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member

It's not once per encounter, it's every time an enemy drops below 100% health during an empire ally's turn. Which can be quite often considering all the HoTs that Chirrut passes out.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    money vs. current meta?
    You are missing everything. He is very fast and gains TM very quickly. He eventually has an 2 turn cooldown AOE with 50 percent TMR that does non crits for 9k. He lets you lead with DT and between him DT Krennic and Dn you can freeze your opponents in cd increase.
  • money vs. current meta?

He's money...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1102777/#Comment_1102777

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1103548/#Comment_1103548

So you're saying that Zader teams with DN and Tarkin can beat the current meta?
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Olddumper wrote: »
    money vs. current meta?
    You are missing everything. He is very fast and gains TM very quickly. He eventually has an 2 turn cooldown AOE with 50 percent TMR that does non crits for 9k. He lets you lead with DT and between him DT Krennic and Dn you can freeze your opponents in cd increase.

I'll give that team a shot.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    money vs. current meta?

He's money...

Thats just a sith team by any name. SA boost Sith, sith do all the work.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Noktarn wrote: »
    money vs. current meta?

He's money...

Thats just a sith team by any name. SA boost Sith, sith do all the work.
    But Tarkin is still being used, so he does have viability.