Zaul / Sith in love. ATF is a Sith's Friend

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    You forget Chaze has everything, Baze gains 5% TM for each buff and will dispel all those pretty buffs she collected.

SA - 3 buffs
    SiT - 3 buffs
    Ashoka - Meditate, foresight + 6 buffs

Baze - +65% TM gain --> Unload. Ashoka buffs: 0
    How can Baze dispel if (using DN) uses Drain Force beforehand?

6 buffs means Baze got 30% TM. A build around getting as much buffs as possible in the first round is totally screwed by any Baze.

That's why a Chaze is a nice counter to any Chaze. ^ ^
    Zaul gives the advantage for your sith to go ahead, giving the buffs and assuming your ATF is fast, she can follow up before Baze unloads. I'd really not like to devolve into 'Nerf Chaze', trying here mate, trying.

How many stars is your FAT
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    You forget Chaze has everything, Baze gains 5% TM for each buff and will dispel all those pretty buffs she collected.

SA - 3 buffs
    SiT - 3 buffs

6 buffs means Baze got 30% TM. A build around getting as much buffs as possible in the first round is totally screwed by any Baze.

That's why a Chaze is a nice counter to any Chaze. ^ ^
    Zaul gives the advantage for your sith to go ahead, giving the buffs and assuming your ATF is fast, she can follow up before Baze unloads. I'd really not like to devolve into 'Nerf Chaze', trying here mate, trying.

How many stars is your FAT
    The Fulcrum I tested with is 5*, but I dare say it's doable with 4* due to the nature of how many buffs.
  • indyflip
    30 posts Member
    No offensive dispel hurts
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    indyflip wrote: »
    No offensive dispel hurts
    Swap Zavage for DN.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I used her on my fast ZDN arena team with SA, ST and Zavage. Omg, absolute beast. The amount of buffs from her meditate plus whatever she copies from SA and Zavage .. very nice. The steath also helps keep her alive longer

(I have her maxed out except for the zeta, need a couple more days for that)

• You forget Chaze has everything, Baze gains 5% TM for each buff and will dispel all those pretty buffs she collected.

SA - 3 buffs
    SiT - 3 buffs

What exactly happens when DN uses force drain against a triple cleanse? (my payout nemisis runs the triple along with 60% of the top 20).

I can think of a perfect scenario path where it could work but 19 out of 20 I see her getting debuffed before her 2nd turn against the triple cleanse.

Most common scenario is zaul goes first and only dazes 3 out of 5, giving the remaining two full TM, DN going first and force draining 2 or 3 while giving every member full TM, or SiT going first and giving everyone full TM without force draining.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

SA - 3 buffs
    SiT - 3 buffs

Ahsoka fulcrum fs gain from mediate will prevent Baze from from dispelling the other 5 buffs if he goes right after her.
  • Saladius wrote: »
    I disagree.

Playing 1st in a Zaul vs Zaul fight doesnt mean anything. It could also be worse depending on turn order of your sith.

Especially if Nihilus plays first after AS TM boost. Only one character will have a debuff.
    If you play all of your siths, they will all have the health debuff from opponent nihilus, that will be juicy on his first special.

And not to forget playing an AOE first could also result in mass dodges -> Lots of TM given to opponent team.

Sith vs Sith, the only advantage you have is you're a human and you're fighting an AI that rarely makes the clever choice.
    Those are some good points, particularly setting up the right order, though for the most part - going first can naturally be an advantage. Then again, there are ways to counter that as you pointed out. ATF in Sith vs Sith might be about who can kill the other ATF first tbh.

Zaul vs zaul it's still so RNG dependent it doesn't matter much who goes first. As Saladius pointed out, any advantage pales in comparison to the bad AI play.
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    The new meta team in August will be JKL, ATF, R2, Yoda & GK
  • scuba wrote: »

SA - 3 buffs
    SiT - 3 buffs

Ahsoka fulcrum fs gain from mediate will prevent Baze from from dispelling the other 5 buffs if he goes right after her.

Good point but thinking about it more, there's just so many variables to line up and zaul is so random.

It feels like OSOK w SA, yeah it's possible on offense once in a while when everything lines up but nothing to bank on for defense.

I hope she works actually, I spent a lot on Sith only to have them invalidated by R2 (added to the meta).
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    @sneeekypants
    vs triple cleanse - you'll be dealing with RNG using Zaul just as you would with Zaul vs Zaul. Swap lead to ZDN and you'll pretty much ace it. Ahsoka will be the hard carry.

I used her on my fast ZDN arena team with SA, ST and Zavage. Omg, absolute beast. The amount of buffs from her meditate plus whatever she copies from SA and Zavage .. very nice. The steath also helps keep her alive longer

This is what I REALLY want to run. Fast mods required but this comp looks absolutely sick nasty.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Anyone please record a vid for those combos :smile:
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    @sneeekypants
    vs triple cleanse - you'll be dealing with RNG using Zaul just as you would with Zaul vs Zaul. Swap lead to ZDN and you'll pretty much ace it. Ahsoka will be the hard carry.

This is what I REALLY want to run. Fast mods required but this comp looks absolutely sick nasty.

It's very good dude. It was a great upgrade from my Dooku under double Zeta Nihilus and Zavage. She takes all of Zavage and SA and ST's buffs .. plus meditate ... plus TM gain = whilrwind = instant death

Plus she stealths on turn 1 because of my fast SA. It's sick man. Really sick.
  • @sneeekypants

It's very good dude. It was a great upgrade from my Dooku under double Zeta Nihilus and Zavage. She takes all of Zavage and SA and ST's buffs .. plus meditate ... plus TM gain = whilrwind = instant death

Will be using this more predominantly in the future. Good to see the theorycrafting proved right.
  • @sneeekypants

Will be using this more predominantly in the future. Good to see the theorycrafting proved right.

Finishe top at payout, which has been the case for some time. Replacing Dooku with ATF has been a nice upgrade
  • If ATF just reneforces the zaul meta then I think after 18 months of playing this game I'll be done. It's killing diversity. I have the sith toons myself but don't run them, so I could run this meta team but meh...

For those you want to put a negative reply to this, I'm already crying a river lol
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    If ATF just reneforces the zaul meta then I think after 18 months of playing this game I'll be done. It's killing diversity. I have the sith toons myself but don't run them, so I could run this meta team but meh...

For those you want to put a negative reply to this, I'm already crying a river lol

Good go quit because the "sith meta" barley lasted 2 months and your complaining when rebels were meta for almost 9 and now we are right back into the same stuff.
  • Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    If ATF just reneforces the zaul meta then I think after 18 months of playing this game I'll be done. It's killing diversity. I have the sith toons myself but don't run them, so I could run this meta team but meh...

Good go quit because the "sith meta" barley lasted 2 months and your complaining when rebels were meta for almost 9 and now we are right back into the same stuff.

Dodge meta. Sith character and dark side are cool, but 2 months of any meta is enough. Rebels were boring too, but at least we got a mix of rebels not just one leader like zaul.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

Dodge meta. Sith character and dark side are cool, but 2 months of any meta is enough. Rebels were boring too, but at least we got a mix of rebels not just one leader like zaul.

Bye Felecia
  • If ATF just reneforces the zaul meta then I think after 18 months of playing this game I'll be done. It's killing diversity. I have the sith toons myself but don't run them, so I could run this meta team but meh...

???

Are we playing the same game? Zaul was the "fake meta" that lasted some 2 months, only to be reverted to the same, boring rebel trash since day one. You really want to talk about a comp killing diversity (even up to this day) then it begins with C and ends in e.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Did you use her at low stars, or did you beef her up to 7* right away?
    Testing her w/ 5*

thanks.
    still too pricey for my liking, but it gives a bit of hope ;)

Oh go on do it. You only live once.

And if my wife finds out, it would be very short.
    What wifey doesn't know, doesn't hurt her... right? :lol:

Now that's a veeery risky attitude thinking in reversed terms..
    Res non verba
  • Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited June 2017

???

Are we playing the same game? Zaul was the "fake meta" that lasted some 2 months, only to be reverted to the same, boring rebel trash since day one. You really want to talk about a comp killing diversity (even up to this day) then it begins with C and ends in e.

Yes and I like sith! Id be happy if sith remained meta, it's the boring dull frustrating zaul dodge lead thing that's frustrating. There are no 'flavours' to sith teams right now, no option really apart from zaul as leader.

I agree chaze is much not fun either, the choice of sith dodge meta or triple cleanse isn't exciting either way I think. Just my opinion.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017

???

Yes and I like sith! Id be happy if sith remained meta, it's the boring dull frustrating zaul dodge lead thing that's frustrating. There are no 'flavours' to sith teams right now, no option really apart from zaul as leader.

I agree chaze is much fun either, the choice of sith dodge meta or triple cleanse isn't exciting either way I think. Just my opinion.
    Trust me when I say I am all for more flavors but Zaul was never the component of this game's arena collapsing (and it is still collapsing as long as the duo remains the way it is) state. If we removed Zaul from the game entirely, Chaze would still run rampart. If we removed Rex, Chaze would still run rampart. If we removed Chaze, Zaul would still find itself fighting R2 / GK / Rex. Rex would still be countered by non-crit leads.

What does Chaze 'have a problem' with like Rex and Zaul?

See where this is going? :/
    Bora wrote: »
    Testing her w/ 5*

thanks.

Shhh... it'll be okay, she's asleep. Go on, put that card number in...
  • Played with her on Resistance. She did really nice. Didn't realize how many buffs go on Res toons till I played her with them. lol

???

I agree chaze is much fun either, the choice of sith dodge meta or triple cleanse isn't exciting either way I think. Just my opinion.
    Trust me when I say I am all for more flavors but Zaul was never the component of this game's arena collapsing (and it is still collapsing as long as the duo remains the way it is) state. If we removed Zaul from the game entirely, Chaze would still run rampart. If we removed Rex, Chaze would still run rampart. If we removed Chaze, Zaul would still find itself fighting R2 / GK / Rex. Rex would still be countered by non-crit leads.

Yeah your right. I think it's the mechanics of zauls lead that just isn't fun. I wouldn't have minded at all if ATF came out with a superb leadership which enhanced any 4 sith in her team!

I didn't blame zaul for the arena collapsing, I was just blaming him for my frustrations lol. I thought the arena was the last bastion of fun and competition within the game, and as you say it's collapsing.

Testing her w/ 5*

thanks.

???

Yeah your right. I think it's the mechanics of zauls lead that just isn't fun. I wouldn't have minded at all if ATF came out with a superb leadership which enhanced any 4 sith in her team!

I didn't blame zaul for the arena collapsing, I was just blaming him for my frustrations lol. I thought the arena was the last bastion of fun and competition within the game, and as you say it's collapsing.

Testing her w/ 5*

thanks.

How many Zaul teams do you have in top 20? I only have 3 at the moment, all outside top 10. Going by SWGOH.gg he is only used by 22% percent of all players that finish first, and 25% of all players that finish top 10. So once again, what is this sith meta you are talking about? And since the "dodge meta" is so boring, wth is so exciting about the multiple cleanse?
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You really want to talk about a comp killing diversity (even up to this day) then it begins with C and ends in e.

Cad Bane?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    You really want to talk about a comp killing diversity (even up to this day) then it begins with C and ends in e.

Cad Bane?

Clone Sergeant - Phase One?
  • Was there talk above about ATF utility with a DN Lead? What happens with her basic protection up under a DN Lead?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Sophos1138 wrote: »
    Was there talk above about ATF utility with a DN Lead? What happens with her basic protection up under a DN Lead?

It'll work, just like Sith Trooper's...