IN Final Boss node 12

Replies

• sying wrote: »
    The way to break nodes in GW is to increase your arena power. I can't remember the specific numbers so I apologize if these are off. 50-52k will break node 12, above 52k will break 11 and 12, and I can't remember after that. It's the reason why node 12 teams are so tanky. Those players threw all their protection mods on their tanks to increase their power and won one arena match so that they could break more nodes and make your life difficult.

This is false. It's the combined power level of your 5 highest toons that determines your node strength. Your nodes are a percentage of their power level.
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    sying wrote: »
    The way to break nodes in GW is to increase your arena power. I can't remember the specific numbers so I apologize if these are off. 50-52k will break node 12, above 52k will break 11 and 12, and I can't remember after that. It's the reason why node 12 teams are so tanky. Those players threw all their protection mods on their tanks to increase their power and won one arena match so that they could break more nodes and make your life difficult.

This is false. It's the combined power level of your 5 highest toons that determines your node strength. Your nodes are a percentage of their power level.

As one of the few people in the game with 4 broken gw nodes .. I can tell you one of the above is correct ;)
  • KEaNe wrote: »
    lordteri wrote: »
    just do ur first fight with max power chars and he will be gone...

Is this proven?

No, this is not proven. Quite the opposite, in fact. It simply does not work.

Changing nothing else - on advise of my guild-mate with support from an online post - it did work for me. I was getting iN Final Boss for like 2 weeks straight, used the node 1 technique on that advice and haven't got him since. I changed no mods, or gears, on any of my teams. Worked for others in the guild as well.
  • KEaNe wrote: »

Is this proven?

No, this is not proven. Quite the opposite, in fact. It simply does not work.

Changing nothing else - on advise of my guild-mate with support from an online post - it did work for me. I was getting iN Final Boss for like 2 weeks straight, used the node 1 technique on that advice and haven't got him since. I changed no mods, or gears, on any of my teams. Worked for others in the guild as well.

This has worked for me as well.
  • sying
    982 posts Member

It is not false. How did I know someone was going to say this? Don't you ever wonder why you hear about mostly tanky toons in node 12? It's because people like Final Boss put as much protection on their tanks and use them to win an arena match to increase their arena power. That team that everyone faces is the team Final Boss put in to win.

The sad thing is, this information is out there but there are people that not only refuse to believe it but they also spread false information. And then they wonder why Final Boss is constantly ruining their GW.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member

It is not false. How did I know someone was going to say this? Don't you ever wonder why you hear about mostly tanky toons in node 12? It's because people like Final Boss put as much protection on their tanks and use them to win an arena match to increase their arena power. That team that everyone faces is the team Final Boss put in to win.

The sad thing is, this information is out there but there are people that not only refuse to believe it but they also spread false information. And then they wonder why Final Boss is constantly ruining their GW.

I tried that sometime back, didn't work. I even left that team stay overnight the next day. Nope. There are other guys on the forum who'll know what I'm talking about as I had discussed it in chats with them. Recently though, I started getting easy node 12 again. No idea what /how/why etc.

A guildie had been getting both node 11 and 12 easy since a long time and I know for sure he didn't try any gimmicks. He started playing almost a year after me. But, he's got more toons higher geared than me. Dunno if that counts.

No need to look at things sadly. Cheer up.

Sigh ... There is arguably no one else in the community that has put more actual effort into tracking what influences GW nodes than @EventineElessedil. I respectfully suggest you read through his posts on the subject thoroughly before claiming such things. Without much more than conformation bias and personal observations to back it up it's the definition of false information. If you can point me towards hard evidence to the contrary I'll be happy to change my stance and offer an apology as well.

Besides, a full team of tanks is no threat at all on any node or in arena so that really doesn't make sense.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member

Sigh ... There is arguably no one else in the community that has put more actual effort into tracking what influences GW nodes than @EventineElessedil. I respectfully suggest you read through his posts on the subject thoroughly before claiming such things.

Nope, nothing changed in my top 5 (by power) toons. Had easy, than hard, back to easy node 12. Didn't touch the top 5 at all. GK, RG, SF, Savage and Baze. I only use GK and Baze. Only change in my toons was I geared up Mace to G11 for fleet. Not sure if that was around the time node 12 became easy though. I'm sure there were no other changes because I've been farming gear for a long time now, hoarding. I did change arena team from DN lead to Rex triple cleanse but their gear levels are unchanged. In fact Savage from top 5 lost some mods.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member

A few months ago, when I changed arena team to a high powered team , my 12th GW node became broken.
    This continued for a few months until the 12th node became a regular elite team again.
    This time, I used an alternate method. I used my top 5 power toons on the first node. My 12th node became broken again. Both techniques (top 5 power toon in arena or in GW) worked for me.
  • Confirmation: I was able to "break" Node12 again (and also Node9 and 11, which were previously quasi-unbeatable, too) by following the advice of....

Sending the Top5 into Node1.

• Sigh ... There is arguably no one else in the community that has put more actual effort into tracking what influences GW nodes than @EventineElessedil. I respectfully suggest you read through his posts on the subject thoroughly before claiming such things.

Nope, nothing changed in my top 5 (by power) toons. Had easy, than hard, back to easy node 12. Didn't touch the top 5 at all. GK, RG, SF, Savage and Baze. I only use GK and Baze. Only change in my toons was I geared up Mace to G11 for fleet. Not sure if that was around the time node 12 became easy though. I'm sure there were no other changes because I've been farming gear for a long time now, hoarding. I did change arena team from DN lead to Rex triple cleanse but their gear levels are unchanged. In fact Savage from top 5 lost some mods.

Seems to work for some. It worked for my alt. By sending in my top 5 into node 1, it breaks node 12, sometimes 11 and or 9 if you have high power guys like Vader, rg, initiate,gk. I think it works by sending in the same team to cantina. The algorithm uses your most powerful"winning" team in any battle, be it arena, cantina, or gw nodes.
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    This has been a re-occuring and widespread issue for nearly a year. For the longest time my 12 node was a well known tournament winner name rhymes with crysack.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member

Sigh ... There is arguably no one else in the community that has put more actual effort into tracking what influences GW nodes than @EventineElessedil. I respectfully suggest you read through his posts on the subject thoroughly before claiming such things.

Seems to work for some. It worked for my alt. By sending in my top 5 into node 1, it breaks node 12, sometimes 11 and or 9 if you have high power guys like Vader, rg, initiate,gk. I think it works by sending in the same team to cantina. The algorithm uses your most powerful"winning" team in any battle, be it arena, cantina, or gw nodes.

My hypothesis is that it uses the most powerful team registered winning in any battle whether it is Squad Arena or GW nodes. I did not change my Arena team for weeks and GW always had a hard node 12. The moment I sent my top 5 highest power characters into GW node 1, it broke my 12th node.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I'm am pretty certain that "broken nodes" are a result of your arena power (which can be seen in the guild "arena power" sorter)

basically the higest power team that you have won an arena battle with sets your power at that number...

If there is no team that can meet your teams power plus whatever percentage the last GW nodes add to find a team then it creates some garbage team instead...

I get cupcake teams in node 11 and 12 every time... doesn't matter what team I start with... or anything else really... only that my "arena power" is above a certain number

I'm pretty certain this is how it works...
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    As I mentioned earlier, a friend gets easy nodes 11 and 12. I have another friend who's arena power is higher by 2k plus. I've asked him if he gets easy nodes 11 and 12 too. Will update once I get the answer (different time zones), should clear up things a bit.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    I'm am pretty certain that "broken nodes" are a result of your arena power (which can be seen in the guild "arena power" sorter)

basically the higest power team that you have won an arena battle with sets your power at that number...

If there is no team that can meet your teams power plus whatever percentage the last GW nodes add to find a team then it creates some garbage team instead...

I get cupcake teams in node 11 and 12 every time... doesn't matter what team I start with... or anything else really... only that my "arena power" is above a certain number

You only have to win once with a high powered team is what people are saying. You don't have to use your top 5 every time on node 1. Once you've done it, It sets it and you can use whatever teams you want in gw. If node 12 goes back to "normal" you can rebug it again by upping your top 5 and putting them in node 1 again. I've tested this with my alt account and it does work.

Sigh ... There is arguably no one else in the community that has put more actual effort into tracking what influences GW nodes than @EventineElessedil. I respectfully suggest you read through his posts on the subject thoroughly before claiming such things. Without much more than conformation bias and personal observations to back it up it's the definition of false information. If you can point me towards hard evidence to the contrary I'll be happy to change my stance and offer an apology as well.

Besides, a full team of tanks is no threat at all on any node or in arena so that really doesn't make sense.

Hey, thanks for the shout-out @Shade_Thanewulf ! I'm glad somebody appreciates the time and effort I put into deciphering GW last year. Here is the last post I made about it
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/66883/galactic-war-power-by-node-where-are-we-now

Follow the links, you will see all the data, if you are into that sort of thing. And there is a lot of data. I think it shows rather conclusively that Top5 power does indeed effect GW node power scaling, and appears to have a greater influence than Arena Power

What it does NOT prove is whether or not Arena Power also influences GW node scaling.

I would love it if somebody would actually post hard data to prove all these theories running around, but without a well-controlled experiment, all we are going to end up with is anecdotes about the technique that people think worked for them.

For instance, I have tried putting my 49.3k Top5 into GW N1, because some theorists ( @JohnnySteelAlpha for one, who seems extremely rational about such things ) maintain that doing so will give me an easy N11. This has not worked for me.

I already have an easy N12, which occurred weeks, nay months, before I put my Top5 in N1. N12 broke when my Top5 surpassed 48k, yet my top Arena win was only 46.9k and did not reflect the squad I was running in Arena at the time. I made a post about it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/101503/about-that-easy-n12-and-power-levels-48k-is-about-right

Unfortunately, that post does not have conclusive data behind it, because I have grown tired of making tables of such things. So it just becomes another anecdote, although it is a pretty convincing anecdote, to me.

Funny thing about anecdotes: you put enough of them together, you can build a hypothesis with them. But ultimately they are just stories until they have solid data to back them.

Hey, thanks for the shout-out @Shade_Thanewulf ! I'm glad somebody appreciates the time and effort I put into deciphering GW last year. Here is the last post I made about it
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/66883/galactic-war-power-by-node-where-are-we-now

Follow the links, you will see all the data, if you are into that sort of thing. And there is a lot of data. I think it shows rather conclusively that Top5 power does indeed effect GW node power scaling, and appears to have a greater influence than Arena Power

What it does NOT prove is whether or not Arena Power also influences GW node scaling.

I would love it if somebody would actually post hard data to prove all these theories running around, but without a well-controlled experiment, all we are going to end up with is anecdotes about the technique that people think worked for them.

For instance, I have tried putting my 49.3k Top5 into GW N1, because some theorists ( @JohnnySteelAlpha for one, who seems extremely rational about such things ) maintain that doing so will give me an easy N11. This has not worked for me.

I already have an easy N12, which occurred weeks, nay months, before I put my Top5 in N1. N12 broke when my Top5 surpassed 48k, yet my top Arena win was only 46.9k and did not reflect the squad I was running in Arena at the time. I made a post about it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/101503/about-that-easy-n12-and-power-levels-48k-is-about-right

Unfortunately, that post does not have conclusive data behind it, because I have grown tired of making tables of such things. So it just becomes another anecdote, although it is a pretty convincing anecdote, to me.

Funny thing about anecdotes: you put enough of them together, you can build a hypothesis with them. But ultimately they are just stories until they have solid data to back them.

My point was on node 12 - I don't have a broken N11, just 12 - I may have misunderstood what we were discussing than.
  • Smapty wrote: »

I'm not sure why everyone else seems to control their outcomes by placing their top team in Node 1 battle, but I never use my best team at first and still have broken nodes on 11 & 12... and have for several months now. Maybe it's just a coincidence that theirs works with their top team setup, but I know it has never been the case for my final nodes.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    What are people talking about when you are saying "broken nodes"?
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    KEaNe wrote: »

Is this proven?

think it may apply to arena, and you have to win, and they have to be over a certain power threshold. you may also have to restart GW right after winning it, and sacrifice a goat.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    What are people talking about when you are saying "broken nodes"?

Super easy nodes... usually 3* G2 or G3 toons
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    I had this In Final Boss thing for about a week. I had to swap mods and characters to fight though GW. It was terrible, but I could get through it. It took about an hour of time. It was not fun and swapping mods just to do it was terrible.

I then took my 5 MOST POWERFUL characters, (52.5K) beat Node 1 with it. Then just used my normal arena team and went through the entire GW. I now have broken node 11 and broken node 12! GW is back to being enjoyable and I can get through it with one team once again. This is how you "BREAK" the mess.
  • Why are you guys still debating this?

We have through testing determined that GW is derived solely from the highest power team you have defeated a GW node with.

Thus the Node 1 strategy, defeat it with your 5 highest power toons.

Arena power has nothing to do with it. It was once speculated that it was, because people were making theories. Now we know what makes it work, and it has nothign to do with arena. NOTE: Your arena power is likely NOT your 5 highest toons. But the fact that you can break your node 12 without making a single change to gear, level, etc shows that it's not about increasing your arena power. It's about increasing your top 5 power, then beating a node.

Thanks for all your testing and data. Have you tried putting your best offense, health and protection mods on your top 5, using tejm in node 1 and seeing if you can get a bugged node 11. There has to be a threshold, maybe try to get above 52k power, that seems to work for some. Strong powerful guys like nightsister initiate and general Kenobi might help.
  • We have through testing determined that GW is derived solely from the highest power team you have defeated a GW node with.

We have? That's odd. I don't agree with this statement at all.
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    We have through testing determined that GW is derived solely from the highest power team you have defeated a GW node with.

Lol, u know the funniest thing ... seeing that I'm Final Boss, I'm pretty sure I know exactly how gw scaling works, seeing that I have 4 broken nodes, and I specifically set up the team that most on this thread is running into.

Something most don't realize, your 'testing' isn't in a vacumn, other factors will affect your methods of testing as well.

I had a case of my 'team' resetting about a week ago, ie I lost 2 broken nodes as a result, took a few days before I redid, and put up the same team again (this time with some slight differences) - which is why some might see this changes in their nodes as well
  • Akiraine wrote: »

Lol, u know the funniest thing ... seeing that I'm Final Boss, I'm pretty sure I know exactly how gw scaling works, seeing that I have 4 broken nodes, and I specifically set up the team that most on this thread is running into.

Something most don't realize, your 'testing' isn't in a vacumn, other factors will affect your methods of testing as well.

I had a case of my 'team' resetting about a week ago, ie I lost 2 broken nodes as a result, took a few days before I redid, and put up the same team again (this time with some slight differences) - which is why some might see this changes in their nodes as well

Do you mind telling us the max power of your top 5. I'm guessing over 55k
  • Akiraine wrote: »

What is your method and where is your proof? Would love to peer review it.
  • You guys have to reset your arena power, that's the only way to change GW. Thought this was known by now. You can view your arena power in your guild section, where you view tickets, just select arena power from the list. Put in your top 5 guys to arena and win one match to reset your arena power to a higher level, this will change your GW. It's been tried and tested several times and works. So if you don't like your node 12, gain a higher arena power by winning a match with your top toons, can switch back to your regular arena team after and higher power will still stay saved.