Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• Wow just wow!! You mislead everyone you said minor nerf and stated what you nerfed!! I am calling my credit card company today and getting all my money back.

I am done with this Game and EA games. Worst gaming company
  • Starwars96 wrote: »
    Yeah I was starting to star up poe because he was still going to be op even with the new patch but now it seems like a waste lol oh well time to go for qgj.

Everyone is going to go with qgj and then the whiners are going to complain about that too. Watch them cave and nerf him, pretty unexpectedly, next now. What a way to bend to the whiners. Being that there's no use for him in arena, which is a huge reason we all play this game, could some type of refund be had for those who spent so much some time/resources on Poe?
  • That's because people whined and whined about him. Now that they nerfed poe, people will find another toon to complain about and the cycle starts again.

I agree
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    In specifically talking about those who make a lot of noise about changes that benefit them, strictly due to wanting a free game.
    You keep repeating that, but it doesn't become true no matter how much you repeat it. Many of the most vocal dudes against the Poe-coin-toss-meta are players who pay to play the game.

Don't selectively quote me. Again how can I know who does or does not pay. I know that many didn't pay cause they have posted in polls etc

Perhaps they were not being truthful. Those polls and lost posts are still available. Do the research. I don't intend to call people out by name but again... Ignorance is bliss and apparently a defense.

"Those who make a lot of noise" is pretty well defined, by the number of posts in the matter. And the most vocals about it, are paying customers.
  • Gurley30 wrote: »
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    I am enjoying the arena a lot more since the poe speed change, BUT it's still not good towards people who researched Poe and the (potential) effect he would have on meta. It's not like heroes are easily farmed regarding cantina tokens /energy or credits for levelling + star + skill /item acquisition.

With all the "bad morale" regarding players of your game, which a good number fund your paybacks via IAPs, you guys aren't too good with giving goodwill to "us".

Exactly. The game is actually BETTER this way - but the way it was done is TOTALLY messed up! You can't just lie to people like this when they are spending real time and money toward specific goals based off of information DIRECTLY from the Devs

They seriously need to refund Cantina shipments spent on Poe over the last week.

Hell yeah!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Also, QGJ vs QGJ is a **** toss, and so Rey vs Reu, and Ework Scout vs Ework Scout. Apparently, I am missing tour point because now Poe protects nothing, essy to one shot and the turn meter does very very little except skip Luminara if you have Droids and a few niche alt setups.

The difference is if your QGJ win the coin toss, your QGJ go first. With old Poe if your Poe win the coin toss, all your team go first. The first thing is pretty much unavoidable in any game that rolls to break even results. The second one is s consequence of bad game design
  • @EA_Jesse

I'm excited for the new meta. However, it would be very easy to please both parties. Simply offer each player 400 cantina credits per 5 Poe shards in their inbox if they wish to remove the character after the nerf. If such a feature is not in place, it should be pretty high up on the product roadmap.

Players become happy that the game is balanced. Players who paid money for the character will be happy to try out a new toon. The Bariss and Poe backlash could have been avoided with something like this in place, and it keeps spenders happy and spending more, as well as the OP complaints down. Hearthstone is one game that I know does this well.

As far as I'm concerned, I will no longer spend $ to work on a character until this change is met. With that said, I like the update, am excited for yoda, and will continue to enjoy SWGOH as a F2P player for the time being
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    The Poe nerf was not in the patch notes?????????

The WHOLE point of releasing patch notes is that this game requires an immense amount of time and planning!

So when you release the patch notes you are signaling to people HOW they can plan!

I dumped ALL my Cantina Resources into Poe based off of information YOU gave us! This is unbelievable - I spent MONEY on this and now it gets pulled out from under us without notice! Worse yet- it was pulled out from under us with a FALSE PRETENSE

I am done with this game if I don't get my cantina shipments back that I spent over the last 7 days on this character. This is unbelievable

You will never get any refunds for anything. For over a month they only paid me out 400 green gems for the entire galactic war, and it should have been 1200! So conservativly they owed me at least 40,000 (it also shorted me $ & shards but I couldn't prove it with screen shots) & it was a huge set back after I'd invested hard earned money. The real kind. They never reimbursed me a dime even after I proved the scenario with screen shots. They're straight up bandits. Unfortunately you can't invest trust in these people & since I've just stopped investing hard cash like I was before. They should be reported to consumer affairs; electronic property is still property.

When Apple sees a flood of requests for the same reason it will be noticed. How many hundreds of refunds have been requested in the past hour?

Nah... Nobody complaining has a leg to stand on since they agree to game changes in the TOS. You live you learn. This game is a dangerous combination. They use your love for Star Wars; your ego, & boredom against you & suddenly your addicted. You just gotta lay off the pipe a bit & things come back into perspective.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Also, QGJ vs QGJ is a **** toss, and so Rey vs Reu, and Ework Scout vs Ework Scout. Apparently, I am missing tour point because now Poe protects nothing, essy to one shot and the turn meter does very very little except skip Luminara if you have Droids and a few niche alt setups.

The difference is if your QGJ win the coin toss, your QGJ go first. With old Poe if your Poe win the coin toss, all your team go first. The first thing is pretty much unavoidable in any game that rolls to break even results. The second one is s consequence of bad game design

Let's assume no nerf to Poe, thebupdate rolls and speed buff aplies at first turn. Now, you see my squad and have 10 chars faster than Poe. Tou pock the best combo. Here are options

1 Kil anything Poe wante to protect like 88
    2 kill poe before taunt
    3 abikity block poe
    4 Stun poe and deliver 4 blows to squishy char intru to protect

All these options have no RNG. You auto win. The new speed idea will br the demise of the game.

A slow team is a lower team. And Poe ask a tank is dead. The nerf is just icing on the cake to finish the man bad. also, note in a team generally faster than Poe, the Poe turn meter is usells. Those faster than Poe sitll ALL go before Poe's turn 2 regardless of time meter effect.

• Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @EA_Jesse

I don't envy your status here on the forums. You guys at EA try and do your best I'm sure. It's not like you come to work thinking how hilarious it would be to rob the people of their personal enjoyment and their own financial savings.

That being said, the word "sorry" does go along way. Even Steve Harvey showed the proper respect for the contestants when he ****** up announcing Miss Universe.

Now, you are atleast in a possition with your stature that you could correct any errors that may have been made.

For those that did invest in POE over the last weeks aware of a possible Nerf and are fairly agitated. This blows for obvoius reasons but they did say that they will be watching Poe's performance in game and will make adjustments accordingly. Hopefully soon that later. If they feel the Nerf was too much they have the power make changes to correct the issue.

• Simsurf
    71 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm just trying to imagine the conversation with a credit card call centre. Hey they nerfed a star wars toon on a mobile app I'm playing and I want a refund. Yes sir I can see the thousands of dollars you've spent on a phone game, but please start by explaining Nerf to me. They must be rolling on the floor by then :D
  • Triqui wrote: »

Rebels are faster than QGJ, Dooku is faster than QGJ. Of course this game is going to be RNG, but its not as bad as the POE roll was. I had more fun in PVP today than I did all last month.
  • The nerf in itself would be ok if:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    As you saw in the update notes, we are making some balance changes to Poe Dameron as a first step. We will continue to monitor how Poe performs in squads after the update, and if needed we will make additional changes. We’re taking an approach of slowly adjusting characters if we feel they are too powerful instead of making changes that may be too drastic.

This wouldn´t have been written 6 days earlier. As it is now the changes are drastic. The problem for me is that I can no longer trust the informations given in the forum, by a Representative of the Game.

I can understand everyone that wants a reimbursement for this, me personally I´ll switch from spending 300-500€ a month to maybe 20-40€ for refills cause I´m still enjoying the game but will not buy packs anymore.
  • He can now be stun, debuffed, or one shot by a QGJ assist. It's easier to move a FOTP through an assist from GS, QGJ and the ither assisters now faster than Poe, that using a tank to defend a squishy char.

1. So you want that old Poe back who laughed at any negative effect thrown at him (and healing himself during the process as he resisted them almost every time) and allowed your team to go first. I get it
    2. I thought I told you he is still faster than any taunter, still has the highest tenacity and has higher health than Han who is even more prone to stuns and one shot kills
    Nerfed:
    - Speed
    - HP
    - Time meter (due to speed mechanic, huge effect)
    - Expose
    - Tenacity
    - Strength
    - Special Damage
    - Intelligence

Yet you choose to ignore (no matter how insignificant),

•+15 Agility
    •+5% Health Steal
    •+31 Physical Damage
    •+9 Armor
    •+6 Physical Critical Rating
    The time meter removal is now useless except versus Ventress and the Uber slow tanks and even the questionable as those chars go last anyway.

If his TM removal is useless, then I guess Phasma's slow down AOE is even more useless since she is slower and it is resistible.

1. Yes, there is no denying that Poe was nerfed, but he will remain competitive as he will still be the fastest tank, still reduce 25% TM (which is non-resistible. No other hero has a non-resistible TM/speed reduction that I can think of), still resist a ton (just not as much as in the past), still can inflict offense down with normal attacks and still has a better chance to survive an one shot kill than Han who has 2k less health than Poe. But the good old days of "I win the Poe coin toss and I win" is now over. Thankfully
    2. This is exactly what I had feared; taking a step-by-step nerf approach leaves a bad taste to people. It is better to make one swift stroke than doing incremental nerfs as most people will react negatively to multiple nerfs (i.e. "you nerfed him once and yet you nerf him again?")
    3. But yes, omitting this change in the update note is a head scratcher. I would imagine CG is aware of the fact that one balance change is a lot more significant than a page worth of cosmetic changes
  • The speed changes haven't been in the patch notes, but the changes to Poe Dameron were. They were only hidden in the information section about his nerf.

It stated clearly that they would change his gear at lvl 2 and 3 for a tenactiy reduction. This also implies that other stats would also change, because he would need to equip different items. Hence the -1 speed, the -444 health, the +damage.

Yes, the nerf is harder than expected, but it is not that they didn't put it in the patch notes. They just didn't put it clearly enough. Maybe they were still discussing a little, maybe they forgot to put down the exact changes to the mighty Poe.

Yes this is a lesson for EA on how to write patch notes. They already stated that they are improving on it so in the future we can expect better communication. Which is a great thing.

And in the end Poe is still viable, he just isn't a must have anymore and it is more difficult to make the right team around him. So we have a new challenge and we should be happy to tackle it. Same for the speed changes. Now we can predict more what will happen and adjust to it.

Nerf Dooku
  • I am quite disappointed. Wasted more than a month of farming cantina tokens and Poe gear, to only get him even more nerfed. Some sort of compensation would be appropriate in this situation.
    I am also kind of demotivated to start farming a new toon. What if I waste another month to farm QGJ and he gets nerfed in a month or two...
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Enrico wrote: »
    The speed changes haven't been in the patch notes, but the changes to Poe Dameron were. They were only hidden in the information section about his nerf.

It stated clearly that they would change his gear at lvl 2 and 3 for a tenactiy reduction. This also implies that other stats would also change, because he would need to equip different items. Hence the -1 speed, the -444 health, the +damage.

Yes, the nerf is harder than expected, but it is not that they didn't put it in the patch notes. They just didn't put it clearly enough. Maybe they were still discussing a little, maybe they forgot to put down the exact changes to the mighty Poe.

Yes this is a lesson for EA on how to write patch notes. They already stated that they are improving on it so in the future we can expect better communication. Which is a great thing.

And in the end Poe is still viable, he just isn't a must have anymore and it is more difficult to make the right team around him. So we have a new challenge and we should be happy to tackle it. Same for the speed changes. Now we can predict more what will happen and adjust to it.

Nerf Dooku

He's viable lower in the ladder, but top teams will just be the speediest heavy hitters now. QGJ, Dooku, GS, Rey, Hoth Scout, Sid and maybe Daka or Yoda. Pretty sure most top 10 teams will be some combination of these characters. Akbar + Han and Rebel Scout might see a place as well.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Stefchou wrote: »
    What if I waste another month to farm QGJ and he gets nerfed in a month or two...

A very likely scenario. Hence, it is always smart to be the first to jump onto the bandwagon to reap the benefits and then jump off and hop onto the next one before it is too late.

No bandwagon lasts forever. If there is a beginning, there is an end. The Poe ride was "fun" till it lasted, but move on.
  • His actual nerfs didnt do diddly squat in the end. What brings him down from godliness is the fix to speed and leader abilities. People dont seem to understand that, but its funny because CG/EA could have avoided the nerf backlash as these nerfs are no longer needed.
  • What an utter joke. CG have lost all of my faith and custom. Not because the change was made, but because it was done so with it warning and under a false guise. Had you warned is about this in the latest patch notes, I'd have not invested so heavily in Poe to keep up with the current meta.

I'll be petitioting Google for every penny I've spent on this game later today.
  • Well, after reading official post I gotten Poe from 6 to 7 stars, thinking he's safe. I also spent few hundred bucks to enhance Poe team. Now, it turns out, it would have been better if I have read NOTHING here. Nice
  • I'm disappointed too. Just finish gearing poe, and now it's almost rubbish. We spend time and money and you're trolling us.
    It's ok to balance characters, but not destroying them.
    I began Poe to use him in a resistance team.
    Ok the -1 speed, but with the old meta. Now everyone goes before him, and you removed also tenacity and expose chance.
    How can I use him with a resistance team without the expose, the tenacity and an effective taunt?
    Well made, EA.
  • This is EA for you.... Same as other games they make just about the money money money...

I have a 7* Poe with max gear, I don't care he has -1 speed less health. It's the fact the CG & Jesse lied to us all. We continued to farm our last shards or speed farm Poe to move to QGJ where if we were told the truth we had to choice to abandon Poe.

Jesse you lied to all the players!! How can anything you say be taken seriously in the future.

I will be calling EA today and getting compensation like I did on Fifa Ultimate team
  • Smithie wrote: »
    This is EA for you.... Same as other games they make just about the money money money...

I have a 7* Poe with max gear, I don't care he has -1 speed less health. It's the fact the CG & Jesse lied to us all. We continued to farm our last shards or speed farm Poe to move to QGJ where if we were told the truth we had to choice to abandon Poe.

Jesse you lied to all the players!! How can anything you say be taken seriously in the future.

I will be calling EA today and getting compensation like I did on Fifa Ultimate team

In the same paragraph you say you don't care about the speed reduction, then you say you have to abandon poe? So which is it? He is a perfectly viable tank.
  • Cg are so backwards. Crazy decisions everyday
  • Welcome changes @EA_Jesse , and yes I do believe Poe is still a viable toon.

But stating the only change was a little nerf to his Tenacity was just not right.
    Many players chose to upgrade Poe spending a lot of resources based on your first announcement.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Triqui wrote: »

Let's assume no nerf to Poe, thebupdate rolls and speed buff aplies at first turn. Now, you see my squad and have 10 chars faster than Poe. Tou pock the best combo. Here are options

1 Kil anything Poe wante to protect like 88
    2 kill poe before taunt
    3 abikity block poe
    4 Stun poe and deliver 4 blows to squishy char intru to protect

All these options have no RNG. You auto win.
    3 and 4 are covered, because Poe still has the highest tenacity in the game. There are chabces he get blocked or stuns, but those rely on RNG, and it SHOULD be so. Being uncoutereable is bad design.

Number 1 is s problem, yes, because you (assuming droids because of the 88 reference) still have a 1.0 meta team into 2.0 meta. You can't play anymore with just 2 threats (the assasin droids) and the rest of the team built to buff them (HK, Poggle) under the assumtion that you play alone for a couple of actions (Poe). Bring more threats. I use IG86, 88 and Geo Soldier, and have just won a game that I had lost 88 right off the bat.

Number 2 poe is still drawing fire, as if he had taunted. The thing is he dont create the time bubble. But that is a good thing. Because the time bubble is horrible
  • Simsurf wrote: »
    Smithie wrote: »
    This is EA for you.... Same as other games they make just about the money money money...

In the same paragraph you say you don't care about the speed reduction, then you say you have to abandon poe? So which is it? He is a perfectly viable tank.

Yes I have a 7* Poe now 6 days ago I didn't. If I knew today what happend today I would of farmed QGJ and came back to Poe later
  • AKK889 wrote: »
    Welcome changes @EA_Jesse , and yes I do believe Poe is still a viable toon.

But stating the only change was a little nerf to his Tenacity was just not right.
    Many players chose to upgrade Poe spending a lot of resources based on your first announcement.

Exactly I continued to farm and spend crystals to finish him as states it was a minor nerf. If they told the truth I would of I would have the option to spend them energy crystals on QGJ.

That is called false information and in this day and age that is compensation or at best a refund of crystals spent on squad arena for the last 6 days
  • moongod wrote: »
    Be thankful you get any update notes prior to a release at all.

Yeah, they won't make that mistake again. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
This discussion has been closed.