Simple Update Idea to Assaj Ventress

Gaidal_Cain
1640 posts Member
edited June 2017
Make her a Sith.

Just kidding!

The real idea is to add the Separatist tag to her lead ability. So Separatists and Nightisters gain speed and remove turn meter. They also gain turn meter when falling below 100% health.

One OTHER idea I had would be to flip flop her unique ability.

Instead of gaining 15 speed for every unbuffed enemy, she should gain 15 speed for every BUFFED enemy.

She's so incredibly squishy even at max gear she still wouldn't likely become meta, but these would be a couple of steps in the right direction.

Last, but not least, give Savage Oppress the Separatist tag.

I'm done!

Edit: @CG_NotReallyAJedi has the dev team looked into doing anything like this?
I realize the Separatist tag it really more for ships but it could open up some interesting possibilities with Nightsisters and Dooku and Geonosians.
Post edited by Gaidal_Cain on

Replies

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    lol..
    Still just give her that F tag :D
  • I like Ventress as a character and agree she needs a rework. Good idea.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    +1
  • I didn't have her unlocked when she was bugged but I heard her stike fear gave health to all allies.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    It is time for them to be relevant in some way.
  • The +15 speed for unbuffed enemies virtually insured she went first when that ability update first came out.
  • While we're on Asajj, does her +15 speed for unbuffed enemies counts for dead enemies?
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    The +15 speed for unbuffed enemies virtually insured she went first when that ability update first came out.

Yes and I used her in arena back then to deal with pretaunt. It worked great for about two weeks.

However, even then (when she was useful), the fact of the matter is that as enemies gains buffs she loses speed. One AOE buff and she slows down to turtle speeds right at the time when you need her most (to dispel buffs).

@SkyeLeonne I am almost positive the toons have to be active for her to gain speed from them.

The mechanic should be similar to toons that gain damage/crit damage for debuffed toons. The toons have to be present and debuffed to get the full benefit. IG-88 and TFP both begin to do less damage as enemies become defeated.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    She was good for a moment... the resistance team with Asajj was really strong for a short time...

Then she dropped back into obscurity...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    all of those changes sound awesome
  • Why can't you just let the night sisters rot?
  • Because we want mother talzen to appear and save them ;)
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »
    She was good for a moment... the resistance team with Asajj was really strong for a short time...

Then she dropped back into obscurity...

Indeed @Smapty . They released Zeta's at the same time they updated her kit. Unfortunately, once people started using those Zeta teams (QGJ and Maul in particular) she had to go back on the shelf.

I've tried using her since they made her dispel ignore foresight but she's still too much of a liability as she has zero synergy with any other usable arena toon.

Why can't you just let the night sisters rot?

The nightsisters in general I really don't care about. Ventress however is a cool character with a large fan base and she's just not usable right now in any area aside from the odd GW node.

I invested in her early game, and have used her on and off. She has the potential to be truly good but she's just not.

No ship, not much good in raids, and a liability in arena.

Old Daka also has a fun kit but she is also severely lacking due to the current triple cleanse/zMaul teams.

The others stink and aren't even fun to use IMO. They can rot for all I care.