Fulcrum Ahsoka is not OP

Replies

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    I am waiting for the flurry of threads saying how awesome she is when she is farmable ;)

I don't think she's garbage and she fits oddly well in my ZDN team, but she is definitely not an omnipotent replacement for DN.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    She's not OP, not bad - sounds like balance to me. Isn't that good? She's not a DN replacer but she's good. We need more characters that are just 'good', spoiled too much with broken nonsense that has ruined what balance should even appear to be.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    She's not OP, not bad - sounds like balance to me. Isn't that good? She's not a DN replacer but she's good. We need more characters that are just 'good', spoiled too much with broken nonsense that has ruined what balance should even appear to be.

From a gameplay point of view you are right. But from a commercial one, we have no incentives to spend in her unless someone find an insane combo on defense with Fulcrum.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    i was amuzed when i opened the forum today and saw posts about ahsoka being garbage simply because she ins't OP in every squad ;)

Exactly.

• I would much rather see toons released balanced going forward then as op as a few of them have been before. Yes chaze looking at you. I don't thing something like that should ever be released again. With that said, adding good not op toons especially that people are dumping a ton of money on, can we really take a serious look at "balancing" the few who really need it?

Not a nerf chaze post I promise :smile:

But

Nerf chaze
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    i was amuzed when i opened the forum today and saw posts about ahsoka being garbage simply because she ins't OP in every squad ;)

She's probably fun on offence, but I think people thought A) she'd be the Chaze cure or b) she'd help them hold arena rank. Neither of which appear to be the case

I've been fighting GK / DN leads with Chaze / R2 for weeks now as the most recent best comp (old Rex 3x cleanse users dropped Rex). The guys that have replaced DN with Ahsoka, when I'm using a full DS team, are moderately more difficult to defeat - but so far it's a modest bump that's RNG based when she gets off a big hit on the right character. To users with Chaze and GK already - the elite meta - I think she's hardly going to be noticed. If you want to go full LS, she can replace DN, but it's only a moderate upgrade depending on what team she is in. Those teams already win at such a high rate on offense she can't really help there - and Chaze / GK are so good on O she won't help defend better vs. those players either.

She's a good character however. There's just a really high hurdle for massively moving the needle in arena with the core group of 5/6 toons that are in the game now. She improves these teams, but it's not by a margin enough to justify the cost to acquire and build.
  • Well tell all the chirruts that I'm one shotting from full health/protection that she hits like a wet noodle :D
  • Reyalp wrote: »

She's probably fun on offence, but I think people thought A) she'd be the Chaze cure or b) she'd help them hold arena rank. Neither of which appear to be the case

I've been fighting GK / DN leads with Chaze / R2 for weeks now as the most recent best comp (old Rex 3x cleanse users dropped Rex). The guys that have replaced DN with Ahsoka, when I'm using a full DS team, are moderately more difficult to defeat - but so far it's a modest bump that's RNG based when she gets off a big hit on the right character. To users with Chaze and GK already - the elite meta - I think she's hardly going to be noticed. If you want to go full LS, she can replace DN, but it's only a moderate upgrade depending on what team she is in. Those teams already win at such a high rate on offense she can't really help there - and Chaze / GK are so good on O she won't help defend better vs. those players either.

She's a good character however. There's just a really high hurdle for massively moving the needle in arena with the core group of 5/6 toons that are in the game now. She improves these teams, but it's not by a margin enough to justify the cost to acquire and build.

This guy gets it 100%
  • people are complaining about how she does on defense. DEFENSE where its the AI. defense ai is not a way to judge how strong a character is. and definitely doesnt judge how good they are for raid.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    people are complaining about how she does on defense. DEFENSE where its the AI. defense ai is not a way to judge how strong a character is. and definitely doesnt judge how good they are for raid.

Because that's what everyone wants to improve on. All the elite teams can beat each other all the time on offense already. We just want to not drop as far everyday.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

From a gameplay point of view you are right. But from a commercial one, we have no incentives to spend in her unless someone find an insane combo on defense with Fulcrum.
    Unlikely. Her defense, like many others, is mediocre. You will, however, find her great on offense.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    You people make me sick. You get mad when broken characters come out. (Chaze) and then when a non-OP toon comes out you get mad. What do you want????
  • Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    You people make me sick. You get mad when broken characters come out. (Chaze) and then when a non-OP toon comes out you get mad. What do you want????

Buyers remorse man. Anyone getting upset is frustrated that the monies they threw at her didn't get them any sort of real advantage over those who didn't.

I've seen her a few times in the 20-50 bracket of my shard, and it actually makes those teams easier to beat. She's not plug and play like people had hoped.
  • Jonsolo32 wrote: »

I agree with you - I think the OP though is implying that the promotional videos pumped her up more than what has been seen in terms of results. Buyer's remorse.

I disagree with the OP that she's hot garbage - this is a very good character. When Chaze and GK lock down 3/5 spots in the elite teams however there's just a very very very small window to put her in. At that point you are looking at removing R2, Rex, or DN - they are all phenomenal characters...or a good leader in Wedge. Even an improvement on any of those 3 is going to be incremental because the skill level is already so high.

Hopefully more people can look at characters honestly - the fact that she doesn't instantly dominate doesn't make her garbage by default. She can absolutely hold her own at the top of elite arena meta. She's a meta-viable character, but not a gamechanger.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »

I agree with you - I think the OP though is implying that the promotional videos pumped her up more than what has been seen in terms of results. Buyer's remorse.

I disagree with the OP that she's hot garbage - this is a very good character. When Chaze and GK lock down 3/5 spots in the elite teams however there's just a very very very small window to put her in. At that point you are looking at removing R2, Rex, or DN - they are all phenomenal characters...or a good leader in Wedge. Even an improvement on any of those 3 is going to be incremental because the skill level is already so high.

Hopefully more people can look at characters honestly - the fact that she doesn't instantly dominate doesn't make her garbage by default. She can absolutely hold her own at the top of elite arena meta. She's a meta-viable character, but not a gamechanger.
    Yes.
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    Spoiled by broken nonsense that destroys perception of balance. Props to CG for not continuing the trend, at least for now anyway.
  • I agree she is not OP. I thought she was FAT?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Please keep this thread on topic. Keep the 'FAT' jokes to yourself as they are not welcome in these forums.
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    I agree she is not OP. I thought she was FAT?
    "Over Plump"

• jedi luke will help, wait 8 days jesus
  • When going up against a decent mixed faction team that has Zarriss, Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano is absolutely useless.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    When going up against a decent mixed faction team that has Zarriss, Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano is absolutely useless.

Useless? Really? I fight BarrissZ teams every day in arena. I use Ahsoka. I win. Why? Anakin. Heal block and Ahsoka whirlwind. Definitely not useless. Arena is not about static teams. It's about using the right people vs your opponent. Lots of dps are useless vs BarrissZ teams. But lots of people use Anakin or EP to counter them.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    There are plenty of very small changes that could make her much more dangerous. Most of this should come with the Jedi faction pass.

She's not a Jedi so why are you saying this?
  • Lithalan wrote: »
    When going up against a decent mixed faction team that has Zarriss, Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano is absolutely useless.

Useless? Really? I fight BarrissZ teams every day in arena. I use Ahsoka. I win. Why? Anakin. Heal block and Ahsoka whirlwind. Definitely not useless. Arena is not about static teams. It's about using the right people vs your opponent. Lots of dps are useless vs BarrissZ teams. But lots of people use Anakin or EP to counter them.

I guess you have not seen the 9 second video clip where Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum has 10 Buffs, does her attack against General Kenobi that has 2/3 Health remaining...and after the attack General Kenobi is standing with 75% Health....BETTER than before the attack! Zarriss is on that team and yes, Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano is nearly useless. In this case she is worse than useless because she caused the opponent's GK to have MORE health.

I have the video but no way to share it. Maybe someone here has it?
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Lithalan wrote: »

I guess you have not seen the 9 second video clip where Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum has 10 Buffs, does her attack against General Kenobi that has 2/3 Health remaining...and after the attack General Kenobi is standing with 75% Health....BETTER than before the attack! Zarriss is on that team and yes, Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano is nearly useless. In this case she is worse than useless because she caused the opponent's GK to have MORE health.

I have the video but no way to share it. Maybe someone here has it?

I don't need a video to determine if I think a character is useful. I use her every day now in arena. Anyone that uses her special attack on a GK that Anakin hasn't heal blocked deserved to watch his Ahsoka fail. You have to approach a BarrissZ team using strategy, not trying to crit it to death. All that video deserves is a facepalm.
  • You mean FAT is not OP?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I use Rex/GK/DN/Chaze in the arena. I maxed out R2, but he didn't end up replacing any of those five. I don't see AT(F) replacing any of them, either.
  • The whales with Ashoka in my shard have slotted her into already overpowered teams, such as GK/Chaze/R2. Then they can keep telling themselves that she's great, since they are winning. I bet even CUP would look decent in that setup. But why would anyone ever use her over Nihilus? Requiring setup instead of autokill, lacking disruption etc. I mean, I'm happy...she's infinitely easier to counter than the overpowered stupidity in black robes.
  • Fulcrum has insane burst damage, is really durable for an attacker and basically immune to debuffs. 148 base speed isnt weak either.
    Plus synergies with rebels and everyone who uses buffs.
    She's a great character. I'd say, same tier as Chaze, GK, Nihilus, Rex, R2..

So far the proper arena team around her seems to be Wiggs+GK+R2+FAT with whirlwind zeta and both the r2 zetas.
    This seems high-end arena viable. And it does not even need the Chaze duo. Crushes those Rex+Chaze teams with DN/R2/GK.
    The comps with ATF on a Chaze team feel much less scary.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Fulcrum has insane burst damage, is really durable for an attacker and basically immune to debuffs. 148 base speed isnt weak either.
    Plus synergies with rebels and everyone who uses buffs.
    She's a great character. I'd say, same tier as Chaze, GK, Nihilus, Rex, R2..

So far the proper arena team around her seems to be Wiggs+GK+R2+FAT with whirlwind zeta and both the r2 zetas.
    This seems high-end arena viable. And it does not even need the Chaze duo. Crushes those Rex+Chaze teams with DN/R2/GK.
    The comps with ATF on a Chaze team feel much less scary.

Dude. Chaze has their own tier. And then a gap. Then the "Elite" tier. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • She's okay, but her damage is underwhelming, I agree. But I expected that.