The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• I meant the first three tables, because clearing those unlocks the challenges.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Thanks for that @Billcarson66. I managed to get 4 dot mods at level 50. Check this out, two more super whales showed up in this shard. Each of them got over 90 toons unlocked, and nearly half of them are 7* fully geared and leveled! Even rare toons like GG, JE, Phoenix and more. I decided to give up, can't deal with that ****!
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Izza wrote: »
    Thanks for that @Billcarson66. I managed to get 4 dot mods at level 50. Check this out, two more super whales showed up in this shard. Each of them got over 90 toons unlocked, and nearly half of them are 7* fully geared and leveled! Even rare toons like GG, JE, Phoenix and more. I decided to give up, can't deal with that ****!

Dont give up bro. Im right alongside there with you on that ridiculous server, lol. You;'re way ahead of me, though, but still. We can do it. Whales lose their advantage over time, but they will always have it early on. Just how it is.

Never give up, never surrender!
  • I'm with you both as well. Surviving in the top 20. Wading my way through the **** nihilis groups (name is Gkeeperz)
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Rifter and @Keepkiller1 Are you guys Barabas and Tyrant in game?

I also figured they will lose advantage with time, and some may even drop out entirely. But it demands too much time to run accounts competitively, and my main is in top 10 these days. That's the main reason I decided to give up. I had this alt in the same guild as my main, so already had some GK shards there as well. Sad to see it go to waste but still, can't find the time. Good luck to you guys! I will keep following this thread to see how others do. :)
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Izza wrote: »
    @Rifter and @Keepkiller1 Are you guys Barabas and Tyrant in game?

I also figured they will lose advantage with time, and some may even drop out entirely. But it demands too much time to run accounts competitively, and my main is in top 10 these days. That's the main reason I decided to give up. I had this alt in the same guild as my main, so already had some GK shards there as well. Sad to see it go to waste but still, can't find the time. Good luck to you guys! I will keep following this thread to see how others do. :)

Rifterr in game. Well you made a good go of it, kudos to you! We'll keep the f2p hopes alive.
  • Gkeeperz in game here. Hanging onto top 20. Phew it's tough.
  • @Izza There is already a 7* Asohka in my shard. Imagine that! Wouldn't want The 7* sith trio getting lonely.
  • yup plenty of 7* fulcrums showing up in ours
    Rifter is on my shard too
    we'll see how she holds up on defense...
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Lekrom1982 you are in the same shard as I was? With Rifterr and GKeeperz?

@Billcarson66 wow! Only one ATF in my main shard so far. Geez these new whales are crazy!
  • @Izza not seen GKeeperz but we have Rifter with one "r" at the end.
    finished #6 tonight, highest yet! could have probably gotten #3 but I was greedy and hit the #2 and got schooled with a minute or 2 to spare :)
  • I'm normally top 20. But I've seen rifter and izza
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow, seems like it got even worse lol. @Izza Would you mind if I added you as an ally? Your main account to be clear. Send your code in a pm.
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    My alt is on the same server as Keepkiller, my main is w/Lekrom on that server.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @MistSaint yeah it's gotten worse in new shards. My main's shard is a thousand time better. Most whales have dropped out long a go, so that helped too. I'll Pm my all code.

Also it is possible some cheating is going on to change PvP ranks as well, so keep an eye out. I've seen impossibly low level players spawning at high ranks.

I played the alt casually yesterday and managed to get #3 beating some whales :blush: Not gonna bother sniping at payout though.
  • @Izza Suspect funny business too. I have a guy running Jawa(plain) as lead with other toons creeping to 9. I like it tho as I easily beat him to get the extra 50 crystals.

Top ten will be a distant memory for me soon as the rest are starting to really pull away from me in levels. They will hit those gears higher and it will be impossible to catch up. I know I can remain top 50, 3 more levels til ships and then I'll decide if I want to continue.
  • Followed the instructions and did a few times. I guess I got lucky and got lando on the 3rd try but the time zone was all messed up. It had my refreshes starting at 12am. So I re-rolled again and got baze on the next try with a better time zone that will work for me. My question is should I keep re-rolling till I get lando again or keep baze? Will baze help with events and such?
  • Keep Baze, probably best drop you could get. Lando farms easy
  • Hey Bill, been following for a while now, but just made an account so I can comment. You're in my shard so I've been keeping a keen eye. I'm lev 50 but I'm new (2.5 weeks) and my current account is a throwaway (n00b choices) but have a new alt at lev 26. Landed Baze, Ayla and Savage so pretty set. Just doing daily lando farms until I get towards upper side of 27 then will start hoarding energy. Might have 20 shards or so at that point. Also hoarding sims with my crystals which I think will be useful to level fast when I decide to make a move. Sounds like even 4-5 months of hoarding may not even get you over whales tho :'( bah!
  • @Adamantium Nope. It wasn't. I only started with Barriss, so you will have a better starting team, but I couldn't even break top 20 yesterday. This was after getting top ten 5 days in a row.

I was doing 50-50-50-100-100, have decent mods/toons, and know what I'm doing. All that isn't enough to overcome Chaze or full synergized teams. I said I'd stick it out til ships and crystals gone. I have 2400 crystals left and will hit ships by the weekend. We will see.

You will need a ton of sim tickets. But, more than that, you are gonna need a ton of time to burn through the energy.
  • @Billcarson66 Yeh I reckon if I hoard sims I might be in with a shot. You get 300 free crystals a month from logging in which means 200 sims a month (10 sets of 20). So a 5 month hoard means you'll have in the order of 1000 by the time you dive in. This means you can burn 12000 energy in no time if I hit higher level battles that use 12 energy (and more XP). So technically I could burn through everything pretty quickly. In theory it seems like a sound approach......

Did you hoard sims when you were doing this current account?
  • Adamantium
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow that sounds insane.....5 month hoard....eek

Also, reading back over your posts, my approach means you won't have the crysral bank account to max bobba so I guess either way you're at a disadvantage......
  • Keep Baze, probably best drop you could get. Lando farms easy

Thanks Bill. Did it again a few times and got K-2SO. Grrr which account to use....Baze or K-2SO?
  • Freedud1
    40 posts Member
    Baze
  • @Adamantium I tried, but ran out quick. I bought 10 batches of them over the three days. I started with a lot of crystals because my hoard was during the three 500 crystal apologies. Plus I completed two tiers of yoda an EP. I think if I stick with it I could stay top 50 without soending(Did buy the DS starter pack), but I probably won't. My main is gonna start heroic pit in July. I need to focus on that account.

Two GW's a day is rough, plus if I stick with this alt, I'll eventually have to raid and that takes time. On my main, I spend average almost an hour a day raids. I'm still learning tank strategy, and Zader is a long slow battle with the Rancor. Who knows tho, I'm 30/50 on Baze. If I can unlock him in another week to put in my arena team, I may be able to stay top 20
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    My first chromium pack was 10 shards of Gamorrean Guard. Waste of 350 crystals. :confused:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Gkeeperz in game here. Hanging onto top 20. Phew it's tough.

when is your payout?
  • @Billcarson66 if you do have the time perhaps hang in there - I was almost at the point of giving up on this acc but now am really pushing for it...mods gained during the double mod drop have pushed me into top10 and I finished 3rd yesterday before being sniped by a one-shot-hack-cheater 30s out (he's now been banned). So it's possible to claw back IMHO if you stick to a sound strategy and have some luck with good mod drops.

• Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    sniped by a one-shot-hack-cheater 30s out (he's now been banned). So it's possible to claw back IMHO if you stick to a sound strategy and have some luck with good mod drops.

How can you tell if he hacked?
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    sniped by a one-shot-hack-cheater 30s out (he's now been banned). So it's possible to claw back IMHO if you stick to a sound strategy and have some luck with good mod drops.

How can you tell if he hacked?

He was attacked and beaten by a fellow player/discord user. Before we could even refresh, the hacker had attacked and beaten someone else. Less than 10s from the moment our fellow player beat him.

Nobody can win that fast. The load times and animations alone would put you over 10s, easily.