Jyn revive?

Sporto
26 posts Member
What would be the reason my maxed out Jyn would not revive a random ally on a critical hit? I have a full arena team of 5 rebels, and anytime I go against a Sith team, my Jyn lead will NOT revive any character on critical hits of her special.

Is there a Sith ability I don't know about that blocks this?

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Hmmm... my maxed & moded jyn has no issues with revives... the only thing I'd ask is this... are your characters dying via Nihlus's annhilate with no chance of revival? Or via boba's execute with no chance of revival?
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Nihilus annihilate prevents revive.

Another reason why he is, by far, the most OP toon in the game.
  • If your toons die by special abilities like Boba execute, Nihilus, etc, they won't comeback .

Jyn dies on Scarif. She won't be back .
  • Sporto
    26 posts Member
    Yep, that's it then. It's Nihilus's special. I haven't bothered with Sith much so I don't know their abilities. I knew it had to be something.

Thanks guys!
  • Though it only Annialate, if you're losing multiple people to it, you may need to upgrade some more.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    gorjdesign wrote: »

K2SO knew the odds ... he should have downloaded his memory into that other Imperial Droid model that was laying around so that he could have rescued his buddies on the beach.

• Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Hmmm... my maxed & moded jyn has no issues with revives... the only thing I'd ask is this... are your characters dying via Nihlus's annhilate with no chance of revival? Or via boba's execute with no chance of revival?

Does zavages zeta do that as well?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

No. Savage's overpower does not prevent revives. And his Zeta has no effect on that ability.
  • Zolaz wrote: »

K2SO knew the odds ... he should have downloaded his memory into that other Imperial Droid model that was laying around so that he could have rescued his buddies on the beach.

Lol sounds like someone watched the "How it should have ended" video on YouTube :)
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

No. Savage's overpower does not prevent revives. And his Zeta has no effect on that ability.

Exactly... zavages overpower does NOT prevent revives...
  • The one way to help shift the meta is to make Jyn's revive guaranteed. "Revives from this special cannot be prevented".
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Dwinkelm
    766 posts Member
    The one way to help shift the meta is to make Jyn's revive guaranteed. "Revives from this special cannot be prevented".

So when comparing this new re-worded special ability to DN annihilate, which one supercedes the other? I see way too much bickering over this change

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    The one way to help shift the meta is to make Jyn's revive guaranteed. "Revives from this special cannot be prevented".

So when comparing this new re-worded special ability to DN annihilate, which one supercedes the other? I see way too much bickering over this change

Usually the defensive buff wins. Crit Immunity vs Advantage, Crit Immunity wins. Or like how Tenacity Up is better than Tenacity down. Or like how the defense seems to dodge more than your team. Nerf Chaze.

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member

Solid gold input... @SnakesOnAPlane jyn is perfect for this since the target revive IS random, only rebel, and the abilty has a lengthy cooldown despite jyns tm steal. This will definitely shake general kenobi off a few teams, re-introduce cassian/k2 into arena and even encourage both of there zetas. On the other hand... chaze.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Solid gold input... @SnakesOnAPlane jyn is perfect for this since the target revive IS random, only rebel, and the abilty has a lengthy cooldown despite jyns tm steal. This will definitely shake general kenobi off a few teams, re-introduce cassian/k2 into arena and even encourage both of there zetas. On the other hand... chaze.

Jyn (L), Chaze, GK, Nihilus. "Oh you killed my Baze with your Nihilus? Lemme just bring him back....."
    Making Jyn's revive guaranteed might be a little too much now... Maybe later
  • The problem is the triple cleanse. Cassian can't do much against that. Kenobi also takes care of criticals from Jyn and if you use Rex lead you just end up feeding turn meter.
    As much as I love Rogue One, being the reason I started playing the game and went for this team, not even knowing at the time Chaze would end up being meta defining, it is hard to see anything that can beat the current meta unless a major shift/content update .
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    The problem is the triple cleanse. Cassian can't do much against that. Kenobi also takes care of criticals from Jyn and if you use Rex lead you just end up feeding turn meter.
    As much as I love Rogue One, being the reason I started playing the game and went for this team, not even knowing at the time Chaze would end up being meta defining, it is hard to see anything that can beat the current meta unless a major shift/content update .

It is not that there isn't anything that can't beat the current meta because there are lots that can. It is the current meta is easy to obtain.
    No zeta needed, no 7* needed, no good mods needed. Under player control the Rex L, gk, Chirrut, Baze, dn team can win on offense with lower investment than pretty much any other team.