Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Still nothing from anyone about the meta changing because Poe was nerfed.

Rey ( those who managed to swipe for her ) QGJ GS will still be staple

High speed high damage was the problem

Tell me what has changed?

I am ok with the nerf except they changed something and left it out of the patch notes.

Excessive high speed n damage is killing the game.

Any variation of rey/ gs / QGJ together will kill almost every toon in the game.

Stop repeating the lie that the meta has changed!!!

It didn't!

• Every time someone repeats the lie that the meta has changed from high speed and damage.

The force kills a youngling.

Please think of the younglings.
  • Also next up

Nerf Rey GS Dooku QGJ YODA

We can't have any toon that is too good at its role.
  • Wow?

So apparently it's too much to ask from a developer of a game to provide a full patch/update note to inform its players.

Come on guys demanding refunds is kinda lame.

But not every complaint is a whine.

They definitely could have done the update better and actually publish a full update note.
  • They said in the patch notes that they were watching him closely
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The only stat that actually makes any difference is his tenacity nerf and maybe health a little...which they posted in the original update thread.

His -1 speed doesn't effect him at all.

Speed isn't grouped into tiers any more, so Poe isn't even close to competing for first turn any more anyways.

You should NOT get refunded for Poe because he isn't the only one effected by the speed change. Literally every single hero over 143 felt it. Faster characters should go first...that's just common sense. Maybe instead of following the trend next time, you'll try to predict where the game is going instead of where it is now.

My only question is, Why did you change his gear @EA_Jesse? Why didn't you adjust is base stats tenacity if you were trying to target just that one stat?

• I like the new speed meta a lot more than the old one. But the further nerfs to poe wasn't really needed with the new meta poe was never a strong character stat wise what made him strong was his speed (his only good stat) in combination with his incredible powerfull taunt (to be precise the turnmeter reduction and the impact of that reduction on the old meta).

Now that this has gone due to the meta change poe is at best the medicaore char he ever was (apart from his super taunt) and since he got additionally nerfed in a lot of ways he is even weaker (removing health from a tank...) the 31 damage boost means nothing when faster chars do up to 8K or more damage. The only halfway change is the life steal but thats about it and I guess this won't make up for the oder losses.

• Bluemoon
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This is too funny. After pages of posts of nerfing Poe, he gets nerfed the exact way people want and now we are going to get pages of posts of how mad people are he got nerfed. And people are going to quit because of a week or two of farming Poe?

I can't think of a more toxic board that I have ever seen. I sure hope everyone who threatened to leave actually does and maybe this turn into a better board. If you don't like the game, just leave and quit complaining about it.

What would be a lot more interesting would be pages of what will work in a new meta. I for one am very interested to see what works. And I did star up and gear up a Poe, and I bet I will still use him quite a bit.
  • Stefchou wrote: »
    I am quite disappointed. Wasted more than a month of farming cantina tokens and Poe gear, to only get him even more nerfed. Some sort of compensation would be appropriate in this situation.
    I am also kind of demotivated to start farming a new toon. What if I waste another month to farm QGJ and he gets nerfed in a month or two...

QGJ has a very prevalent and natural counter already - Dooku owns QGJ. Dooku always goes first and stuns him at a very high rate. QGJ also has pretty low health - so while high damage is possible, he dies pretty quick. One more good hit on Jinn after Dooku stun and he's over. Jinn, even as leader, is a sitting duck for Dooku. That would be surprising for Jinn to get a nerf at this point as it's completely unnecessary.
  • "We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication"

... Shame on you for saying this. Your communication to your paying customers is truly all that matters, customer feedback has never influenced your decisions when it's come to your pricing policy! A bit of honesty and integrity is needed here EA/CG!

This constant supply of belated apologies you offer just shows you as snake oil salesmen, who when facing a angry mob (who are disillusioned and upset at the highly priced and flawed product they bought from you in good faith), decide to deflect blame.

So so poor...
    I am quite disappointed. Wasted more than a month of farming cantina tokens and Poe gear, to only get him even more nerfed. Some sort of compensation would be appropriate in this situation.
    I am also kind of demotivated to start farming a new toon. What if I waste another month to farm QGJ and he gets nerfed in a month or two...

QGJ has a very prevalent and natural counter already - Dooku owns QGJ. Dooku always goes first and stuns him at a very high rate. QGJ also has pretty low health - so while high damage is possible, he dies pretty quick. One more good hit on Jinn after Dooku stun and he's over. Jinn, even as leader, is a sitting duck for Dooku. That would be surprising for Jinn to get a nerf at this point as it's completely unnecessary.

The nerf to poe was unnecessary too with the update

And we all see what happened ;)

QGJ was a counter to poe.

So dooku being a counter to QGJ is irrelevant
  • "We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication"

... Shame on you for saying this. Your communication to your paying customers is truly all that matters, customer feedback has never influenced your decisions when it's come to your pricing policy! A bit of honesty and integrity is needed here EA/CG!

This constant supply of belated apologies you offer just shows you as snake oil salesmen, who when facing a angry mob (who are disillusioned and upset at the highly priced and flawed product they bought from you in good faith), decide to deflect blame.

So so poor...

OK the name calling is starting to get out of hand.

People have a right to complain yes.

Calling them names no.

As for the people on the other side of the spectrum.

Calling people whiners is lame and does not mean they do not have a valid complaint.

No refunds though
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Corvus wrote: »
    I like the new speed meta a lot more than the old one. But the further nerfs to poe wasn't really needed with the new meta poe was never a strong character stat wise what made him strong was his speed (his only good stat) in combination with his incredible powerfull taunt (to be precise the turnmeter reduction and the impact of that reduction on the old meta).

Now that this has gone due to the meta change poe is at best the medicaore char he ever was (apart from his super taunt) and since he got additionally nerfed in a lot of ways he is even weaker (removing health from a tank...) the 31 damage boost means nothing when faster chars do up to 8K or more damage. The only halfway change is the life steal but thats about it and I guess this won't make up for the oder losses.

Eh, no. I keep saying this, but

1. He is still the fastest tank. Poe 142 vs. Han 121 vs. Chewie 100
    2. He still has the highest tenacity in the game and can self-heal whenever he resists negative effects. Note he got +5% health steal as part of the nerfing process
    3. He still can deliver a non-resistible 25% TM reduction AOE which is peerless
    4. He still can cripple an output of a high-dps hero with his normal attack. Rey who easily hits for 10k+ damage only delivers 5k+ after she is slapped with an offense down. That is very powerful in the high dps meta that we currently live in
    5. He still has more hp than Han who is even more prone to one shot kills (not to mention stuns and ability blocks)

He was godly before. He is now very good. People are throwing toys out of their pram because their auto-win button was taken away from them.
  • They said in the patch notes that they were watching him closely

Him. Not speed. The whole gsme change, not just Poe
  • Paying customers now know what they are getting. This is the worst case for payers, they are not getting what they are payed for.
    It's not about me, but i feel with payers.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Every time someone repeats the lie that the meta has changed from high speed and damage.

If you move up in speed, so go past Poe, that team doesn't have the one hit knock out ability to take down tanks that have >14k health. That build needed a heavy hitting FOTP and a Poe with high expose to get the 20% inst-drop in health. The health steal implemented also completely helps slower toons more than fast, because fast toons are stealing health in their first turns when they are full; they get no benefit as a result. The slow toons actually get to refill their health bar with their response attacks. DoT killing now also impacts the fast / lower health toons to a greater extent as the DoT has a greater relative impact on their total health. I've had multiple Jinn / GS, etc. die at the start of round 2 as they start to take their action.

Leía will one shot him too.
    That's the difference with Poe problem. With Poe, once he won the coin toss damage was done, and no body could go before him unless they wonvyhe coin toss
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Stefchou wrote: »

The Jinn / Dooku comment was unrelated to Poe, but on topic as it was nerf-related. Poe really didn't have a legit hard counter in the game, Jinn does. There was speculation that Jinn could be nerfed, I was just noting that it would be surprising as he has a very widely-owned and hard counter in Dooku. I'm not making any comment on the Poe change specifically.

Jinn wasn't a hard counter to Poe at all - it was still very RNG related. Poe would often take first action, then meter yank, expose Jinn, and then Jinn would be OHKO. That was no hard counter - that was RNG. Dooku is a stone-cold lead pipe hard counter to Jinn.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    I like the new speed meta a lot more than the old one. But the further nerfs to poe wasn't really needed with the new meta poe was never a strong character stat wise what made him strong was his speed (his only good stat) in combination with his incredible powerfull taunt (to be precise the turnmeter reduction and the impact of that reduction on the old meta).

Eh, no. I keep saying this, but

1. He is still the fastest tank. Poe 142 vs. Han 121 vs. Chewie 100
    2. He still has the highest tenacity in the game and can self-heal whenever he resists negative effects. Note he got +5% health steal as part of the nerfing process
    3. He still can deliver a non-resistible 25% TM reduction
    4. He still can cripple an output of a high-dps hero with his normal attack. Rey who easily hits for 10k+ damage only delivers 5k+ after she is slapped with an offense down. That is very powerful in the high dps meta that we currently live in
    5. He still has more hp than Han who is even more prone to one shot kills (not to mention stuns and ability blocks)

He was godly before. He is now very good. People are throwing toys out of their pram because their auto-win button was taken away from them.

So tell me why almost all other tanks were not viable?

With poe nerf n game change. I would say non are.

Ya cripple rey when rey n other high damage toons have already killed a toon on your side.

The speed change meant poe would not be as overpowered anymore.

There was no need to nerf him at all with the new speed changes

Whopees more hp more speed than chewie and han

Both who don't see play. Ever wondered why?

A tank that can't taunt early is useless. That's why.

Han has more turn meter manipulation. Oh noes. Nerf han too.

Feel free to show me you hitting rank 1 arena with a team of slow pokes and tanks.

U can't because everyone who wants to compete has to use high speed high damage output.

Which toon can survive a gqj+ gs assist salvo

Its over before the fat lady sings

• SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Every time someone repeats the lie that the meta has changed from high speed and damage.

If you move up in speed, so go past Poe, that team doesn't have the one hit knock out ability to take down tanks that have >14k health. That build needed a heavy hitting FOTP and a Poe with high expose to get the 20% inst-drop in health. The health steal implemented also completely helps slower toons more than fast, because fast toons are stealing health in their first turns when they are full; they get no benefit as a result. The slow toons actually get to refill their health bar with their response attacks. DoT killing now also impacts the fast / lower health toons to a greater extent as the DoT has a greater relative impact on their total health. I've had multiple Jinn / GS, etc. die at the start of round 2 as they start to take their action.

I will believe it when I see it.

DOTs being able to kill now is nice

How many of your toons are dead when its turn 2?

I like diversity but let's be realistic here.

Timed damage unless buffed up further will hardly be relevant when high speed goons now do so much damage.

I been wanting to play a resistance team.

Your toon can't life steal when they are dead
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Stefchou wrote: »

The Jinn / Dooku comment was unrelated to Poe, but on topic as it was nerf-related. Poe really didn't have a legit hard counter in the game, Jinn does. There was speculation that Jinn could be nerfed, I was just noting that it would be surprising as he has a very widely-owned and hard counter in Dooku. I'm not making any comment on the Poe change specifically.

Jinn wasn't a hard counter to Poe at all - it was still very RNG related. Poe would often take first action, then meter yank, expose Jinn, and then Jinn would be OHKO. That was no hard counter - that was RNG. Dooku is a stone-cold lead pipe hard counter to Jinn.

I met poe teams still managed to win when they taunted first.

I have also lost when i taunted first

The problem with the game now is damage n speed is everything.

Lower tenacity for poe made sense.

But reality is in this meta. Non of the tanks are viable at all.

Poe was the exception.

The meta became even narrower now.

High speed damage maybe a buffer or debuffer

Screw tanks.

Congrats the meta has widened.

Not.

My contention here is the meta did not become wider because of poe nerf

Along with the nerf n speed change.

Who in the right mind will use a tank in arena?

I am talking about rank 20 up.

Not rank 1000 or rank 100
  • Sertorius
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I can't believe I created an account just to say this... But you guys are a little unhinged on this issue. Poe lost ONE speed point (meaning he still goes before 90% of all characters and all characters that could realistically counter him. He is still ridiculously powerful and his owners can continue to get nearly full turns before opponents can even go. Just Poe might be sitting there with a heal block. Oh no! He'll still make it so the other 4 characters on the other team don't go until they are redlined if at all.

But really, get some perspective. EA has been INCREDIBLY communicative here and on other forums. INCREDIBLY. We get real patch notes. Not just at all, but FAR IN ADVANCE. We get warnings of upcoming content introductions so we don't feel cheated. Other SW games (Uprising I'm looking at you) intentionally mislead and cheat players to get them to spend crystals on stuff they devalue 2 days later. Other SW games leave sucking chest wound bugs festering for weeks and do not reply in the forums, and when they do the patch notes are marketing nonsense that don't tell you anything about what happened.

These guys are doing a GREAT job on the communication and trust front compared to all their competitors. If you want to see carnage, head over to the SWC forums. The contrast could not be more stark. Try to have some perspective. :)
  • GS now is a must have. He outplays Rey...

Dooku outplays QGJ...

Leia is shining as always...

Yoda outplays all !!!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Every time someone talks about refunds

The force kills a youngling

Please think of the younglings

Threats to reverse your cc charges/insults are not cool. And they will just be ignored by the developers.

Don't log in don't play. EA and CG will notice.
    Just look at WOW or Diablo 3. Blizzard took notice not when people complained in forums.

They took notice when less subscriptions and less players logged in.

I wish they would lower damage output so every toon/attacker/supporter would be viable.

Let's face it.

Even the people who unlocked every toon. Barely touch 20% of all their characters.

Why? Because they are useless in arena.

An open meta would mean every theme would be viable.

But for that to happen damage needs to go down or damage reduction needs to go up.
  • So lets play

Who wants to nerf yoda dooku rey gs QGJ?
  • People are upset because they cant mindlessly use one character to dominate the game anymore. Wah wah wah. Stop crying and noone should get refunded anything. EA should put a major disclaimer on their packs that characters stats are subject to change. Anyone that wasted money on a character you can get for free is crazy. And Poe is still good he just doesnt dominate the game anymore. And if they do give anyone a refund they should ban you from using Poe.
  • People are upset because they cant mindlessly use one character to dominate the game anymore. Wah wah wah. Stop crying and noone should get refunded anything. EA should put a major disclaimer on their packs that characters stats are subject to change. Anyone that wasted money on a character you can get for free is crazy. And Poe is still good he just doesnt dominate the game anymore. And if they do give anyone a refund they should ban you from using Poe.

The complaint isn't that they nerfed him, even as someone who uses him I wanted him nerfing. The complaint is that they did not mention this major nerf or the change to speed in their patch notes. Had they done so I would have kept him at 3* and used him sparingly, instead I got him to 5*, level 70 and full gear. If I'm payingfor content, I want full disclosure.

The complaint isn't that they nerfed him, even as someone who uses him I wanted him nerfing. The complaint is that they did not mention this major nerf or the change to speed in their patch notes. Had they done so I would have kept him at 3* and used him sparingly, instead I got him to 5*, level 70 and full gear. If I'm payingfor content, I want full disclosure.

They said in the notes they were changing his equipment and it would effect some of his stats. Just because they didnt give you line by line detail you are all crying. Because you raised him 2* give me a break he is still the best tank.
  • @SpeedWeed Mine isn't a threat, the refund has been authorised by Google Play.

Good for u. You got your money back.

I apologize if I sound rude.

I juat find it annoying when i see people keep talking about refunds.

They said in the notes they were changing his equipment and it would effect some of his stats. Just because they didnt give you line by line detail you are all crying. Because you raised him 2* give me a break he is still the best tank.

*Yawn*
This discussion has been closed.