Is anyone using any of the reworked/new empire toons in a top 100 Arena team ?

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    I used EP Vader and TFP and Im in top 100.
  • smninja73
    136 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm thinking if Empire gets a cleanser they could be pretty good(would replace Magma or Storm) and then the team could be arena viable(Hopefully they give that to Gmoff with who knows a passive cleanse but thats just an idea)

edit-I know its no triple cleanse but its gotta count for something
  • Revi wrote: »

And which of them was reworked in the pass or is new? :)
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Ep lead, vader, tfp, shore, boba

Don't have that reworked stuff :(

Edit: I do believe i have, it's shore.. right? I believe they reworked shore tag or something.
  • Revi wrote: »

Vader got a "rework" with his zeta, and they made some tweaks to his abilities.
  • Vader got a bug fixed and thus became weaker, he wasn't reworked like the other toons to increase, or try to, increase his availability and apeal in the game.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »

Vader got a "rework" with his zeta, and they made some tweaks to his abilities.

It's more like "light nerf". For the sake of appropriate language.. rework is acceptable, although it's not the reality. :lol:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Vader got a bug fixed and thus became weaker, he wasn't reworked like the other toons to increase, or try to, increase his availability and apeal in the game.

his basic got buffed not too long ago, can't remember if it was before or after his lead became zeta-able. The last bug fix also made him better for arena use (in combination with palp).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vader got a bug fixed and thus became weaker, he wasn't reworked like the other toons to increase, or try to, increase his availability and apeal in the game.

Vader didn't become weaker. This is the most absurd statement ever. First, they fixed a bug that was allowing Vader TM removal to stack through the phases of a raid. Obviously that was completely broken. Them fixing that bug in the Pit raid changed abosolutely NOTHING about how Vader works everywhere else. He is exactly the same.. Weaker? Ridiculous.

Second, Like others said, Vader was buffed and given his Zeta in the first round after ships. Vader has since been a beast in Raid and Arena.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Darth Vader

Basic: Terrifying Swing
    Omega: +15% Damage in addition to +15% Ability Block Chance
    Damage increased.

Special: Force Crush
    Damage increased.

That was during the February update.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ^ Vader was reworked during the sith pass and not the empire one. About the fix, true it doesn't affect him outside raids but it does affect him in raids making him overall slightly weaker, nevertheless the point was that this was a not a rework, and not something that would make somebody want him more.

While the poll is still young and the voting base to small for statistical relevance, still I think that at least it should raise some questions when only 41% of the forum members that showed enough interest for the troopers to actually open the poll answered that they are farming them, and less than a third for PvP. Compare that with all the other major releases/passes besides the Phoenix one. Unfortunately if Tarkin won't be something significant better this pass is closer to the Phoenix release than to the older reworks.

Until now the Reward is not enough to warrant all the Work and Resources needed. Terrible availability for key troopers, especially Shore but also for Veers and Snow, high cost in gear, lack of multi purpose, like Lando or STHan, dealing with all of this would have been made worthwhile only if the Troopers would have been great in arena, at least equals to the current metas, at least in my opinion.

• Funny they wasted their time reworking empire, still leaving empire utterly useless.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just bcuz they aren't the new OP meta immediately, doesn't mean they aren't viable. I am doing just fine w/ my Troopers on a Nov. 2015 shard tyvm. Brings me great satisfaction to use Veers special and watch Baze eat 50k and explode...followed by everyone getting 75% tm, except for Snow who gets 90%.
  • So I decided to do some SWGOH.GG traking, to paint a more accurate picture of the new toons usage in top 100. So this is the situation right now. From about 32k users that ranked in the first 100 places the following number of them is using this toons:

-Veers is used by 26 players for app. 0% percentage. This number will probably go down if Tarkin rework is actually good for a change, or at least his usage as a leader.

-Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper, aka the only toons that were good before the rework, are siting as 3631 uses for 11%, respectively 432 uses for 1%, in line with their usage before the rework. BTW DT number of 1% is better than any non Shoretrooper imperial numbers.

-Snow, aka the new Lando, half a month after people stopped using Lando in arena, also without his multiple uses and availability, is used by 20 players for a 0% procentage. Fitting.

-Stormtrooper, the most improved imperial toon, still only the 3rd best empire tank, as proven by him being used by only 23 players, good for 0%, compared with RG (8%) or ShT (11%).

-Magma, probably the weakest standalone toon with aspirations of high arena. Really, try and compare him with Sith assasin, Chirrut, Ayala, DN etc. Well we do have 35 of those visionaries. Sadly not one of them is in top 10, maybe because they tried to pit Magma against the toons mentioned above.

-Gar Saxon and ISC are used by 8 and 2 players. No other commentaries needed.

While I appreciate your efforts, it's still too early to tell for so many reasons - not the least of which that many L85 players likely didn't even have the Veers characters (or at least not leveled/geared) as he was so weak pre-re-work.

And if they already had a viable arena/raid/gw team(s) why go through the expense and/or grind of getting, gearing and testing out an entire faction team? Sure some players just toss money at every pack they see but I'd bet that most players won't bother *unless* it was clear the re-work made this team a serious challenger for the arena crown.

While I absolutely agree that no combination of the ITs is currently viable without outside help (e.g. GK, Vader, etc.), in time someone will come up with an IT-based group that exploits weaknesses in others. Or not, in which case your stats will probably look very similar a few months from now. But until then, lets not *definitively* dismiss this faction as complete fodder?
  • TukkuRask wrote: »
    So I decided to do some SWGOH.GG traking, to paint a more accurate picture of the new toons usage in top 100. So this is the situation right now. From about 32k users that ranked in the first 100 places the following number of them is using this toons:

-Veers is used by 26 players for app. 0% percentage. This number will probably go down if Tarkin rework is actually good for a change, or at least his usage as a leader.

-Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper, aka the only toons that were good before the rework, are siting as 3631 uses for 11%, respectively 432 uses for 1%, in line with their usage before the rework. BTW DT number of 1% is better than any non Shoretrooper imperial numbers.

-Snow, aka the new Lando, half a month after people stopped using Lando in arena, also without his multiple uses and availability, is used by 20 players for a 0% procentage. Fitting.

-Stormtrooper, the most improved imperial toon, still only the 3rd best empire tank, as proven by him being used by only 23 players, good for 0%, compared with RG (8%) or ShT (11%).

-Magma, probably the weakest standalone toon with aspirations of high arena. Really, try and compare him with Sith assasin, Chirrut, Ayala, DN etc. Well we do have 35 of those visionaries. Sadly not one of them is in top 10, maybe because they tried to pit Magma against the toons mentioned above.

-Gar Saxon and ISC are used by 8 and 2 players. No other commentaries needed.

While I appreciate your efforts, it's still too early to tell for so many reasons - not the least of which that many L85 players likely didn't even have the Veers characters (or at least not leveled/geared) as he was so weak pre-re-work.

And if they already had a viable arena/raid/gw team(s) why go through the expense and/or grind of getting, gearing and testing out an entire faction team? Sure some players just toss money at every pack they see but I'd bet that most players won't bother *unless* it was clear the re-work made this team a serious challenger for the arena crown.

While I absolutely agree that no combination of the ITs is currently viable without outside help (e.g. GK, Vader, etc.), in time someone will come up with an IT-based group that exploits weaknesses in others. Or not, in which case your stats will probably look very similar a few months from now. But until then, lets not *definitively* dismiss this faction as complete fodder?

While is true that is early, since most people aren't actually farming them the situation ain't very likely to change to much in the future. Actually this is one of my point, until they are convinced that they are worth it people will not take them in consideration. And until now the pass didn't do enough to convince enough people.

Another thing to keep in mind is that since this is a very long farm, 1 hard node for Shore for those strong enough to 3* it, 3 for Veers. By the time you finish there won't be any guarantee that IT will still be viable since even now they aren't on their own
  • Since the last meta report Tarkin was reworked and FAT was added. Tarkin is a toon that most owned, and many of those already had him at 7*, so the excuse that people didn't had time to gfarm him doesn't apply. FAT could benefit from this excuse but she doesn't need to. So let's see how did things evolve in the last 3 weeks.

For about 32 K users that ranked in top 100:

Veers is now used by 78 players, up from 26 but still way less than 1%, so he is still irrelevant in the game, besides leading a pretty good HAAT team but still worse than many teams like Resistance, clones etc.

Shore and DT are still doing good, 4253 and 726 users for about 12% and 2%, they are the big empire performers and were good before the rework

Snow and Storm had big increases to 41 and 50 users so about 0,1% usage. YAY

Magma also improved his usage managing to almost catch Veers, at 75 players using him.

The added toons Gar and ISC are used by 31 and 12 players. Still don't warrant any additional commentaries.

Now for the newcomers, Tarkin was the chosen one that was supposed to bring a new life to the no longer viable empire teams in arena, the rebel destroyer how some devs called him, for some reason. Well he is used by 425 players, even though most people already had him at 7*. Yeah, a whopping 1 percent. Really good job CG!

Like we all know during this laughable empire pass there were also added 2 rebel toons, true one has multiple tags but still.

R2D2, received at 7* like Tarkin, is used by 5968 players , better than any reworked toon, and about 15 times more used than Tarkin.

FAT, RAT or ATF at 463 is also used by more people than Tarkin even though she isn't even farmable and we just received her 2 days ago.

I think the conclusions are obvious, it was a **** pass that didn't improve anything for empire or DS users in general. It resulted in only an average to good HAAT team that you can use if you hate all the other teams that are better in both HAAT and arenas. If this pass wouldn't existed at all, the situation would be exactly the same, if not better since people wouldn't had wasted resources or real money on crappy toons. Also this is definitive proof how full of crap were all posters that lauded this pass even though they don't use and wouldn't use this reworked toons.
    518 posts Member
    I'm planning to go with my Imperial troopers when they get ready but as far as I can tell, Stormtrooper is one of the best rework. High damage and high defense when he was bad before. Plus, having him as a tank is great in a zVader team since he remove TM when he's hit while taunting.

Deathtrooper didn't get a rework but we can say that he didn't need it. Clearly one of the best Empire chars. Veers is great, I'm 85 in a younger shard and I'm actually rank 65 (without my dailies) with a Vader, TFP, Shore, DT and Veers.

Shore is Shore.
  • The good thing about imperial troopers is they share buffs like Phoenix but it doesn't need leader. Looks like they would work best when clearing turn meter and gaining turn meter on kills. Veer ability gives +50% on a kill. Snow trooper gains 30% on kill. Veers buffs when killing and gives 10% when any trooper gains buff. So if you can get your first kill, they might do very well. Would want to see how the burst damage of having all assist on the attack from... I forget but one of them calls all troopers to assist.
    On some GW nodes even my low leveled, low starred, trooper team has impressed me.
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Only using Shoretrooper in GW when get I rebel triple shots teams to take a hit. Only for that.
  • Since the last meta report Tarkin was reworked and FAT was added. Tarkin is a toon that most owned, and many of those already had him at 7*, so the excuse that people didn't had time to gfarm him doesn't apply. FAT could benefit from this excuse but she doesn't need to. So let's see how did things evolve in the last 3 weeks.

For about 32 K users that ranked in top 100:

Veers is now used by 78 players, up from 26 but still way less than 1%, so he is still irrelevant in the game, besides leading a pretty good HAAT team but still worse than many teams like Resistance, clones etc.

Shore and DT are still doing good, 4253 and 726 users for about 12% and 2%, they are the big empire performers and were good before the rework

Snow and Storm had big increases to 41 and 50 users so about 0,1% usage. YAY

Magma also improved his usage managing to almost catch Veers, at 75 players using him.

The added toons Gar and ISC are used by 31 and 12 players. Still don't warrant any additional commentaries.

Now for the newcomers, Tarkin was the chosen one that was supposed to bring a new life to the no longer viable empire teams in arena, the rebel destroyer how some devs called him, for some reason. Well he is used by 425 players, even though most people already had him at 7*. Yeah, a whopping 1 percent. Really good job CG!

Like we all know during this laughable empire pass there were also added 2 rebel toons, true one has multiple tags but still.

R2D2, received at 7* like Tarkin, is used by 5968 players , better than any reworked toon, and about 15 times more used than Tarkin.

FAT, RAT or ATF at 463 is also used by more people than Tarkin even though she isn't even farmable and we just received her 2 days ago.

I think the conclusions are obvious, it was a **** pass that didn't improve anything for empire or DS users in general. It resulted in only an average to good HAAT team that you can use if you hate all the other teams that are better in both HAAT and arenas. If this pass wouldn't existed at all, the situation would be exactly the same, if not better since people wouldn't had wasted resources or real money on **** toons. Also this is definitive proof how full of **** were all posters that lauded this pass even though they don't use and wouldn't use this reworked toons.

best summary of the empire pass ever
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    My Tarkin lead is currently rank 58, thanks to @Olddumper , still fine tuning.
    I still expected more from empire pass, but my blood pressure has had time to go down some.
  • My Tarkin lead is currently rank 58, thanks to @Olddumper , still fine tuning.
    I still expected more from empire pass, but my blood pressure has had time to go down some.

I'm sorry, but when I'm facing 3 FATs and 2 R2, the rebel toons that came with the pass, in top 10 the fact that a Tarkin lead could keep me in top 100 doesn't exactly feel me with joy.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

I'm sorry, but when I'm facing 3 FATs and 2 R2, the rebel toons that came with the pass, in top 10 the fact that a Tarkin lead could keep me in top 100 doesn't exactly feel me with joy.

I take 1st with Tarkin lead, he is pretty good if you have the mods.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member

Maybe I'm confused. Thread title is "anyone using reworked empire in top 100". And I said yes, I have been able to hold in top 100. Then you complain about I'm not even sure what.
    I'm pretty **** about R2 and Ahskrotum getting the lime light during the empire pass too, probably one of the more vocal ones about it. I have been able to hold in top 100 with reworked empire.
  • I can hold top 100, but not anywhere near top 10 on my server. The only way I get into top 10 is using my First Order with 4 zetas.

Ive tried many versions of the Empire, and none of them can really scrath the top teams on my shard.
  • My Tarkin lead is currently rank 58, thanks to @Olddumper , still fine tuning.

Maybe I'm confused. Thread title is "anyone using reworked empire in top 100". And I said yes, I have been able to hold in top 100. Then you complain about I'm not even sure what.
    I'm pretty **** about R2 and Ahskrotum getting the lime light during the empire pass too, probably one of the more vocal ones about it. I have been able to hold in top 100 with reworked empire.

Yeah, I know that was the question, I'm sorry if it came out wrong, my commentary was one out frustration, off topic.

Anyway when I was using empire, before the pass, I was finishing top 20 but I rarely cracked top 10, the highest place being 6. I don't think that, after the pass, if I reverted back to empire, there would be any improvement, maybe I wouldn't even get top 20 since R2 and Ahsoka were introduced in my shard.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    I get absolutely "Maul"ed, by Maul teams.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

I take 1st with Tarkin lead, he is pretty good if you have the mods.

I am eyeing either a Tarkin SA DN EP DT lead or a Zader Tarkin SA EP DN team but mostly because I really want to use empire, and not because I have high hopes. I have good speed mods in my shard. I am moving slowly because I'm developing also Savage as a fallback plan in case the empire try will blow in my face.