Qi gon Jin 7* A JOKE?

I see the top player in arena has this completely unfarmable character at 7 starts. I had pulled this Char with a Chromium and it is granted at level 2. So hiw did this player level it to 7 stars if Chromium is the ONLY way to get shards? It was 6 starts before shipment if shards. Even if he got 15 shards from shipments, hiw did it get 6 stars?

The likelyhood to get a particular char is very small. To 7 star a char with achromium would require like $5000 in pulls.

Can any dev explain how it can be done? Nobody else in the gane has even a 5 star of that char that I have even sern. And maybe nobody even has it 5 stars.

Replies

• I have one 6 star and with 65/100 to 7*. I have spent $600. But what is weird....I have 7* maul and tarkin. Missing hella other heroes. I feel the game gives you a higher chance at certain Heros Pet account
  • Uh, its called money?
  • Daykos wrote: »
    Uh, its called money?

WhipiT was speaking off these players and it will be tough competing against these guys down the road.
  • I 7*'d my Qui Gon pretty quickly opening packs, his shards are in them a vast majority of the time. The only character in the game I've opened more shards for was Leia.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    I 7*'d my Qui Gon pretty quickly opening packs, his shards are in them a vast majority of the time. The only character in the game I've opened more shards for was Leia.

To make this stringer... The only bundle I opened was a 4 cards one with free gems from first achievements and I got 10 Leia and 10 Qui Gon shards
  • Wouldn't surprise me if the top player in the world spent $7000 on the game. You're not gonna hit that spot without spending anything, I can tell you that
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Smh why are ppl so worried about what ithers have an what they have spent???

1) its not your concern
    2) its not your business
    3) its not anyones business

What ppl spend on games is for them to worry about, for them to decide, for them to either share or not. Its none of our business what ppl do with their money an some ppl have plenty an spemd plenty.

Sorry for the rant but this burns me up when someone has something good an the ones who dont have it question how they got it or question their $ spent.

Worry about yourselves plz
  • Exactly people spend if they want. I spent a little getting crystals, bought the Jedi Starter I think it was and the Barriss pack
  • He seems to be one of the cheaper investments for us, as you get duplicate shards in packs. I see lots of him @ *7.

For those that don't know his rank 6 humbling blow adds a team offensive up for 2 turns.
  • Mod please close thread.
  • Every time I get duplicates in a pack I only get the first bunch of shards, is this not true for everyone, I've got a ticket in about it, but it's significantly slowing down progression and generally irritating me.
  • Stop the whining kids.....earn big money and use it like water in the game like this....
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Wouldn't surprise me if the top player in the world spent $7000 on the game. You're not gonna hit that spot without spending anything, I can tell you that

That is entirely wrong. Looking at farmable heroes you can easily get 7* characters within a couple months. Talia could be 7* in a month from the amount of places her farms are farmable and if the player got lucky with drop rates.

With chronium packs the drop rate for chromium exclusive shards is much much much higher than any of the farmable characters. From what ive seem Qui has the highest drop rate out of them all but thats just anecdotal.

With the 'obviously the top player in world has spent x amount of money' is a bit of a stretch, the soft launch servers have been open for a few months and free players will also have 7* characters.
  • Zarithi wrote: »
    Every time I get duplicates in a pack I only get the first bunch of shards, is this not true for everyone, I've got a ticket in about it, but it's significantly slowing down progression and generally irritating me.

Do you mean if you have already unlocked the full character, and you pull the same full character forma pack, you only get a fraction of that characters worth of shards? Because that is intentional.
  • Just report cheaters, players using memory editors to get crystals must be banned.
  • Zarithi wrote: »
    Every time I get duplicates in a pack I only get the first bunch of shards, is this not true for everyone, I've got a ticket in about it, but it's significantly slowing down progression and generally irritating me.

You're getting all of the shards, but the game automatically adds all of the shards in the pack to the character before they're revealed. So if you were at 50 and your pack had two 12 shard Qui Gon packs, both the first and second pack will show 74. So while it doesn't "seem" like the second pack added any (because the first pack showed 74 as well), it did. Both packs were added and they just show the same amount. It's weird and I've noticed it too and at first I thought it was as like you said, but it's not - you get credit for both, just in a weird way.

• Speaking of 7 star chars and shards....does anyone know what happens after you have a character at 7 stars and you buy more chromium packs??? Do you still get shards for that character and they just go to waste???
  • BUGABOO wrote: »
    Speaking of 7 star chars and shards....does anyone know what happens after you have a character at 7 stars and you buy more chromium packs??? Do you still get shards for that character and they just go to waste???

Just banks it, but says 100/0. I would guess they will go past 7* at some point
  • Uhh... Yeah I think I'll just be happy trying to pop into the top 500 every day. I thought I was doing good with a full 4 star team.
  • Cythis wrote: »
    BUGABOO wrote: »
    Speaking of 7 star chars and shards....does anyone know what happens after you have a character at 7 stars and you buy more chromium packs??? Do you still get shards for that character and they just go to waste???

Hmm, seems like it could be a waste to buy chromium packs if you have many 7 star characters at one point. Would have been nice to just get universal shards that you could trade in for some that you could actually use. In any case, thanks for the info bud.

• BUGABOO wrote: »
    Cythis wrote: »
    BUGABOO wrote: »

Hmm, seems like it could be a waste to buy chromium packs if you have many 7 star characters at one point. Would have been nice to just get universal shards that you could trade in for some that you could actually use. In any case, thanks for the info bud.

I like that idea of universal shards. I have a few that are just a few shards off because of RNG
  • First of all, thanks tobRavage and others that commented on the drop rate. It's good to know for anyone interest you may get 7* for 3 chars for around $600.

For two that commented on who's business is what and what people should ask, why not read another thread? What do you care? I disn't ask anyone to share hiw much they spent, and was curious if you could get that char with $5000 or hiw much. I was guessing $5000 out of my 4 Chromium 8x packs, that only once had Qi Gon. Knowing you can get a great starter team $600 is great to people so inclined.

Lastly, I have stated that I am proud of the big spenders and the wallet warriors. They add to the game.

Was I suprised by that Qi Gon? Yes. Based on how unlucky I eas with 8X I was and order of magnitude wrong on how much it takes.

Thanks to all posters commenting postively.

• You're getting all of the shards, but the game automatically adds all of the shards in the pack to the character before they're revealed. So if you were at 50 and your pack had two 12 shard Qui Gon packs, both the first and second pack will show 74. So while it doesn't "seem" like the second pack added any (because the first pack showed 74 as well), it did. Both packs were added and they just show the same amount. It's weird and I've noticed it too and at first I thought it was as like you said, but it's not - you get credit for both, just in a weird way.
    I often see "you already have this character, it was converted into 7 (or some other ridiculously low amount) character shards".
    It really sucks but I agree it is intentional. I think it should be 30 for 4* character etc.

--Nud Stark--
  • the most shards that dropped for me were

1. Princess Leia
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Qiu Gong Jinn

FML. lol
  • I have spent around $400 and have only gotten 1x 5* which is Leia. But i feel like I have most characters in the game at 4* which is annoying… best 8 pack had 4 characters :) Im also about 10 shards short for Lando, Kit Fisto, Nute Gunray and Lobot to be at 5*. I feel like I won't ever really get a 7* from buying packs so I won't be spending too much more.