The Policy on Cheaters

Replies

• That's like guys who break the speed limit and then get lost and do not arrive earlier. It doesn't matter, they broke the limit regardless
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", as the saying goes. I understand GC didn't want to ban ppl but rather keep the cheaters and exploiters out of everyone else's hair. That's noble. Banning is never fun, as this thread goes a long way to show.

I get a feeling that the dev team has many good intentions and sometimes over extends, meaning they have to back down, like in this case. I still think the priority is sound. Spend the hours on making the game better for all.

Developing a big title and building a community involves a lot of trial and error. Overall, I think you devs and community managers are doing a good job. But this over reaching is becoming a trend. :)
  • Werebear wrote: »
    I can give you the opposite comparison. I paid the money and should get the service , regardless of the views and wishes of the developers .

And where in the world would you get your money back if you exploit and break the rules?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Werebear wrote: »
    I can give you the opposite comparison. I paid the money and should get the service , regardless of the views and wishes of the developers .

That thing you signed when you agreed the terms of service says otherwise
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

In Russia, any agreement that is contrary to law shall be void. These items are directly violate multiple criminal and civil laws.

Good thing for EA that you agreed to use US courts too.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    And where in the world would you get your money back if you exploit and break the rules?
    Lol We did not break any rules. We add and remove friends. Your interpretation of these actions as the infringements is ungrounded and just plain stupid.
    Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.
  • You need to rename yourself Dunning Kruger...

I. E https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Lol We did not break any rules. We add and remove friends. Your interpretation of these actions as the infringements is ungrounded and just plain stupid.
    Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.
    Your interpretation of these actions as the infringements is ungrounded

It is not mine, it is EA's. I happen to agree with them that you clearly abused or exploited an undocumented design error. Because that's exactly what the Vader thing was.

But you can givto California's court and defend your point if view if you want

Read following quotes;
    If you still don't understand, use google translate.
    OFFICIAL MESSAGE REGARDING RECENT ACTIONS TAKEN:

Greetings Heroes of the Galaxy!

We’ve recently taken action regarding players who repeatedly used an exploit to gain premium Crystals, Ally Points, and shards of Darth Vader. As noted in our Terms of Service (Sections 9 and 11), usage of cheats, hacks, or exploits can lead to your account being banned.

We understand that some players might be saying “I spent money. How can I be banned?” For us the answer is simple. The moment you decided to cheat or exploit the game, you accepted the risk of being banned. [Again this is in our terms of service: Sections 9 & 11]

LD
    Among the things in the TOS that people agreed when signing for the game, it says:

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member

In Russia, any agreement that is contrary to law shall be void. These items are directly violate multiple criminal and civil laws.

Good thing for EA that you agreed to use US courts too.

Are you out of your mind ? Ukraine and Europe it has agreed to comply with US law , not Russian . We are the sovereign rights and laws . All legal entities acting on the territory of our country are subject exclusively to the laws of Russia .

Somebody didn't read the Terms of Service ^^
  • Was the Vader ally exploit spread on russian forums? Seems to be quite a few angry russians that got banned. Lol
    All legal entities acting on the territory of our country are subject exclusively to the laws of Russia .
    Nobody cares about Russia. EA/CG is an american company and it's not in your country or subject to your laws. Feel free to delete the game and your EA account and never come back.

• Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    When the Russian evil , they go a march to Berlin , Paris or Constantinople . In this case, you have just annoying , like mosquitoes .

Dude, you are not making any sense. Sounds like you are saying that Russia is evil >:)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    California's court
    You there all on TV head washed ? The US is not the only country in the world and not only its laws exist

Did you read the TOS?
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Did you read the TOS?
    Don't bother, he does not recognize the legal power of TOS. He forgot that in Russia, the game plays you! :smiley:

• Zetto wrote: »
    When the Russian evil , they go a march to Berlin , Paris or Constantinople . In this case, you have just annoying , like mosquitoes .

Dude, you are not making any sense. Sounds like you are saying that Russia is evil >:)

Give the guy a break, it's 4 o'clock in russia. He probably finished 3 bottles of vodka already
  • Zetto wrote: »

Give the guy a break, it's 4 o'clock in russia. He probably finished 3 bottles of vodka already

American joke schoolboy level
  • Give the guy a break, it's 4 o'clock in russia. He probably finished 3 bottles of vodka already
    Can't argue with that! although it's 4am in Hawai'i or something right now, not Russia (well, exceot for far east russia maybe)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Somebody didn't read the Terms of Service ^^
    And again - In Russia, any agreement that is contrary to law shall be void. These items are directly violate multiple criminal and civil laws.

So you think you can just agree to a TOS without it being binding on your end, because you're in Russia? If it worked like that, no company would even offer apps to the Russian market.

This is kinda funny. Please tell me more about how you are going to take legal action against GC/EA now.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Yes. You're absolutely right. Please go on.
  • I suggest both sides drop nationalist stuff as I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules (which nobody reads as well)
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I suggest both sides drop nationalist stuff as I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules (which nobody reads as well)

He doesn't follow those rules, because he is in Russia :)
  • Triqui wrote: »
    I suggest both sides drop nationalist stuff as I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules (which nobody reads as well)

He doesn't follow those rules, because he is in Russia :)

We Russians can do anything we want if you haven't noticed
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Catching up with this thread this morning...

As stated above... STOP THE NAME CALLING and NATIONALISTIC SLAMS... this will get you banned from here.

I will be closing this thread shortly, and if you have a concern or need to discuss this further then send me a private message... I may not tell you what you want to hear, but I will do my best to help you understand what is happening.

LD
  • Catching up with this thread this morning...

As stated above... STOP THE NAME CALLING and NATIONALISTIC SLAMS... this will get you banned from here.

I will be closing this thread shortly, and if you have a concern or need to discuss this further then send me a private message... I may not tell you what you want to hear, but I will do my best to help you understand what is happening.

LD

I wrote you a letter, but you do not hear me
  • OptikRUS wrote: »
    Catching up with this thread this morning...

LD

I wrote you a letter, but you do not hear me

I will get to you.. I will get to all... I've been flooded with requests that require my attention... But all will be addressed before the weekend.

LD
  • Kochegara_Ru
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I ought to apologise for some russian players' behavior in this topic.

p.s.: мужики, хватит ругаться на форуме! Во-первых, вы ничего не докажете, во-вторых если вы действительно хотите добиться разбана, обратитесь в тех. поддержку напрямую. Вы ведь позорите русскоязычное сообщество. К слову, я тоже забанен. Но то, что вы делаете, приведет лишь к негативному имиджу всех представителей нашей необъятной. (In english: Guys, stop arguing on forum!. At first, it's not rational, cause if you really want to be unbanned, write to tech. support. Now here you just ashame russian community. And yes, I am in ban too. All, that you're trying to do here is just creating negative image of our country).
    Russian SW:GoH Community| 4PDA
  • @Kochegara_Ru Hopefully you get your account reinstated after a period in time out minus extra Vader shards or even minus Vader completely.
    Roger roger
  • Здравствуйте. Во Вы говорите, что бан сработал автоматически привысив порог допустимого переаода лишних осколков "Дарта Вейдера" в валюту обмена. А если у меня небыло лишних осколков? Можете проверить: 141-557-765. Проношу извинения, что не на английском.
This discussion has been closed.