Is anyone using any of the reworked/new empire toons in a top 100 Arena team ?

124Next

Replies

• I get absolutely "Maul"ed, by Maul teams.

I am the last user of Maul in my top 10, there are 3 in total in top 20 and less than 10 in top 50. Rex and Wedge all the way, the "new" "shaken" meta like some people like to call it.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    My Tarkin lead is currently rank 58, thanks to @Olddumper , still fine tuning.
    I still expected more from empire pass, but my blood pressure has had time to go down some.

I'm sorry, but when I'm facing 3 FATs and 2 R2, the rebel toons that came with the pass, in top 10 the fact that a Tarkin lead could keep me in top 100 doesn't exactly feel me with joy.

I take 1st with Tarkin lead, he is pretty good if you have the mods.

I am eyeing either a Tarkin SA DN EP DT lead or a Zader Tarkin SA EP DN team but mostly because I really want to use empire, and not because I have high hopes. I have good speed mods in my shard. I am moving slowly because I'm developing also Savage as a fallback plan in case the empire try will blow in my face.

Running this kind of team without a tank will be hard. Get ShT or SiT if you're running Vader's lead otherwise you'll be disappointed really fast how your Tarkin or EP will get wrecked.
  • @Gaidal_Cain this thread is for you!

Answer is yes. He (gaidal Cain) does. Top 10 at that.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Zader
    Tarkin
    DT
    DN
    RG

If I need more speed I will also use:

Tarkin
    Vader
    DT
    DN
    EP

This last build doesn't hold well on defense but is great against a lot of the meta teams. I prioritized Tarkin's AOE attack over his AOE debuff when going against Jedi/R2.

He clears foresight, DT clears tenacity up, EP stuns, DN cooldown increase and Vader debuffs.

I have tried Shore in place of RG because of the synergy with DT but it doesn't work as well for me on O or on D.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes. I've been using the Veers/trooper squad for a few weeks. I actually took 1st a couple days ago but it didn't register on swgoh.gg. They work great, I can beat every meta comp out there... just not every time.

They need Kenobi to be arena viable. Without him they are much, much worse.

https://swgoh.gg/u/wu tang financial /
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Running this kind of team without a tank will be hard. Get ShT or SiT if you're running Vader's lead otherwise you'll be disappointed really fast how your Tarkin or EP will get wrecked.[/quote]

Staying low 30's overnight with zader, tarkin, dn, ep and sith assasin.. no tank required.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Me2 wrote: »
    Running this kind of team without a tank will be hard. Get ShT or SiT if you're running Vader's lead otherwise you'll be disappointed really fast how your Tarkin or EP will get wrecked.

Staying low 30's overnight with zader, tarkin, dn, ep and sith assasin.. no tank required.[/quote]

Yeah this is more like the old droid squads. The goal is to kill you before you move, thus I'm hoping I get to replace GK with Thrawn.

• BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    Full imperial troopers can hold top 50 easily

I'd agree with that and the OP's question about top 100 - but seems there's a disconnect in the OP between the subject of top 100, which is pretty broad, and then comparing it to Chaze or not.

I am not comparing Troopers , Gar or ISC with Chaze. I am highlighting the difference between what different passes/reworks/ faction buffs have brought in the past with what the empire pass has brought.

The reason why I have specified top 100 is because while there may be many empire fans who would use the troopers or the new toons without carrying about rank I wanted to know how many are using them competitively.

The bottom line is this: when new rebel (original or R1) were added/reworked the arenas became full of rebels, to full if I may say. When the sith pass happened the same thing. Even when the FO had their rework at least Kylo started appearing in many teams. Now that the empire pass almost finished the arenas have more rebel teams than before because of R2. There is no impact, people have no reason to invest in them, Empire is not stronger because of this pass.

Troopers being good in one phase in raids do not excuse their averageness in arena. Not only they aren't great like their predecessors from different passes who were better than everything when they were added, they aren't even as good as the top toons right now. Also like I said the other toons were great in raids too, so is not something special they have to compensate for their poor arena showings.

Even shorter: In the past whenever pases/reworks happened farming those toons was a PRIORITY. Who can say the same about the empire toons?

You're ignoring some evidence here. Veers and the troopers + GK can hold not only top 100 but top 10. If you want to discount that because there's one non empire character in there, that's fine. However they can be top arena viable.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

I'd agree with that and the OP's question about top 100 - but seems there's a disconnect in the OP between the subject of top 100, which is pretty broad, and then comparing it to Chaze or not.

I am not comparing Troopers , Gar or ISC with Chaze. I am highlighting the difference between what different passes/reworks/ faction buffs have brought in the past with what the empire pass has brought.

The reason why I have specified top 100 is because while there may be many empire fans who would use the troopers or the new toons without carrying about rank I wanted to know how many are using them competitively.

The bottom line is this: when new rebel (original or R1) were added/reworked the arenas became full of rebels, to full if I may say. When the sith pass happened the same thing. Even when the FO had their rework at least Kylo started appearing in many teams. Now that the empire pass almost finished the arenas have more rebel teams than before because of R2. There is no impact, people have no reason to invest in them, Empire is not stronger because of this pass.

Troopers being good in one phase in raids do not excuse their averageness in arena. Not only they aren't great like their predecessors from different passes who were better than everything when they were added, they aren't even as good as the top toons right now. Also like I said the other toons were great in raids too, so is not something special they have to compensate for their poor arena showings.

Even shorter: In the past whenever pases/reworks happened farming those toons was a PRIORITY. Who can say the same about the empire toons?

You're ignoring some evidence here. Veers and the troopers + GK can hold not only top 100 but top 10. If you want to discount that because there's one non empire character in there, that's fine. However they can be top arena viable.

But it's not just "one non empire", it's GK, who is basically "three non empire" with his kit.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

But it's not just "one non empire", it's GK, who is basically "three non empire" with his kit.

His kit is what it is. His many buffs give them 10% tm each and they fly.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Me2 wrote: »

Staying low 30's overnight with zader, tarkin, dn, ep and sith assasin.. no tank required.

Yeah this is more like the old droid squads. The goal is to kill you before you move, thus I'm hoping I get to replace GK with Thrawn.

[/quote]

Though i did say this then get dumped to 50 the next night, serves me right :(

Some people seem to be adjusting their speed to counter.. i need better speed mods..
  • Well I still don't see any troopers besides a single DT in all top 50. I think the success of this pass is clear. BTW I do see a an new empire toon in arena, Thrawn, and he is used with Chaze and the gang. Good job CG.
  • Well I still don't see any troopers besides a single DT in all top 50. I think the success of this pass is clear. BTW I do see a an new empire toon in arena, Thrawn, and he is used with Chaze and the gang. Good job CG.

He was supposed to destroy the Chaze, not join them!

I've seen that phenomena as well, and it hurts really bad.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge

He was supposed to destroy the Chaze, not join them!

I've seen that phenomena as well, and it hurts really bad.

All they had to do was insert the word darkside in front of the word ally, like they did with the word lightside for R2, and the problem would had been avoideed. Since there is a precedent, it's clearly at this poit that is WAI.