P2P going F2P(Edited after new speed system was announced see last Post)

Prev1
DarthMasterShawn
3064 posts Member
edited February 2016
I've spent probaly in the $1,500 range on this game so far. Bought the packs, tons of crystals, few dozen Chromiums. I am highly disasatified. The nerf on Poe without telling us is garbage. You came out @EA_Jesse stating what was being nerfed/balanced. His speed was not mentioned. You stated at this time that was all the balancing and it would be monitored. Now today, surprise he had his speed nerfed. No notice, no ability to plan to replace a guy that a couple thousand crystals and cantina tokens went into leveling. Just a here you go, of and we made QGJ be on **** and he can give every speed galore and attack you 4X before you move. Surprise.

I am done spending until this game, and the team get on the ball. This is horrible treatment of customers and terrible business practices. I am very angry right now, and do not make decisions in anger so I will wait to cool down, however I am very strongly considering contacting Apple to get a refund on my purchases and saying see you to this game if this is how it is going to go. I would not go to a restaurant that advertises a 10oz filet and what you get is a 6 instead, so why would I go to a game that says we are doing this, nothing more at this time, than makes a massive change instead?

Terrible business practices.
Post edited by DarthMasterShawn on

Replies

• I feel really sorry for you bro.
    As one of the Poe whiners I never said this needed to happen, and I thought nerfing his tenacity and expose was a terrible idea.

Either nerf his speed or remove his turn meter reduction.

Bad luck mate

:'(
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • If you spent that much on this game you should have a 7* QGJ, Old Ben, and Leia. Poe would be an afterthought.
  • Nerfing / Buffing characters is the basic method of keeping the game fair and balanced. Look at many other games, especially in the MMO and MOBA genres; developers make changes based on feedback.

To the defense of @EA_Jesse , he/she did mention that they will monitor and adjust the changes to better fit their vision (paraphrasing that statement). This change was nowhere near the Barriss debacle, which they vowed not to do again. Furthermore, Poe Dameron had the nerf coming from a million miles away.
  • The speed nerfing is due to the gear nerfing which was announced. Technically they didn't nerf without a notice, instead they just (maybe intentionally) made the notice vague.
  • moongod wrote: »
    If you spent that much on this game you should have a 7* QGJ, Old Ben, and Leia. Poe would be an afterthought.

Chromium is luck. Please troll elsewhere. I happen to have bank receipts to show it.
  • Dashboard wrote: »
    Nerfing / Buffing characters is the basic method of keeping the game fair and balanced. Look at many other games, especially in the MMO and MOBA genres; developers make changes based on feedback.

To the defense of @EA_Jesse , he/she did mention that they will monitor and adjust the changes to better fit their vision (paraphrasing that statement). This change was nowhere near the Barriss debacle, which they vowed not to do again. Furthermore, Poe Dameron had the nerf coming from a million miles away.

They monitored nothing. The change did not even go in when they did it.

Fine how about QGJ he needs a nerf. Hits hard, fast, boosts the whole team. Lets nerf him.
  • That wasn't a troll. You must have horrible luck. B)
  • I feel really sorry for you bro.
    As one of the Poe whiners I never said this needed to happen, and I thought nerfing his tenacity and expose was a terrible idea.

Either nerf his speed or remove his turn meter reduction.

Bad luck mate

:'(

I suggested the speed thing too. My beef is that they stated they were doing 1 thing and did another. That is my issue. I'd have been fine, heck I suggested they take him to 142. The fact they said they were not doing that at this time then did is my issue.
  • The speed nerfing is due to the gear nerfing which was announced. Technically they didn't nerf without a notice, instead they just (maybe intentionally) made the notice vague.

Sid uses that exact same piece of speed gear on his tier VIII gear. His speed is still 153 after the update
    If you spent that much on this game you should have a 7* QGJ, Old Ben, and Leia. Poe would be an afterthought.

Poe is replacable. I have plenty to put in his place. I spent my money collecting and gearing. I have most all my toons at gear 7 or 8 and leveled. I gave up on the chromium lotto after too many ewoks and RG and TR popped out,lol.
    That wasn't a troll. You must have horrible luck. B)

The worst mate. I have 5& and 6* chromiums I got a total of 20 Ben shards,lol.
  • They said the speed nerf for gear would be for "lower levels".

I agree and am also going F2P unless they compensate the cantina shards in full.
    Nerfing / Buffing characters is the basic method of keeping the game fair and balanced. Look at many other games, especially in the MMO and MOBA genres; developers make changes based on feedback.

They laid out how the character will be changed very clearly. The nerf was a small one that many people predicted would not amount to much. Cool great communication that allows players to plan ahead for the next patch.

Then suddenly on patchday a undocumented change popped up that significantly weakens Poe. Suddenly all that foreknowledge and planning is thrown out the window.

How can you say that this was coming from a million miles away? They claimed to have given us the details of Poe's changes.
  • I am done spending until this game, and the team get on the ball.

Or better yet,the team gets off the ball and a new team takes over. You may consider that EA is a publicly traded company, and that the majority stock holders are the ones who get together and decide what goes into the game.

That is my conclusion currently. Id quit the development team honestly. Id join up with a company which maximized their profit by creating the best possible experience, not scheme upon scheme to take peoples money. And, i dont at all meanto minimize what the OP feeps, but as a low spending player my main disappointment is that a potentially increadible mobile game is destined for more of the same. Id have played SWGOH for as long as it lasted, avidly, but not when its an hr play time,and now this clear trend of profiteering.

:)
  • HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Dashboard wrote: »

While I understand your examples, the cost of this game vs. others makes the nerfs much much harder. If we look at MOBA's what is it like $20 bucks for a hero? The FULL hero, maxed ready to go swap it in and out. In this game it's $60 bucks for a bundle that grants you 1/2 of one hero (anakin), 1/4 of another (QGJ). Or in the case of chromium, you could get 1 of a 1/2 character and 7 1/10. The pricing for this game is way out of whack, nerfs and buffs should be HEAVILY calculated...

It costs a LOT of money to get a decent squad of heroes in this game, believe me I know...then just changing one (which may have cost someone 500-1000 dollars to receive ONE hero, out of ~70) needs to be absolutely calculated BEFORE release of said character. Honestly in a perfect world it would be like $30 for a full 7* hero...I know I would be spending WAY more than I am now that I've learned what a horrible gamble this game is. That is still $2100 to own them all, but I'd get to CHOOSE. And a nerf to ANY hero wouldn't be such a "oh my god I just spent so much on him, now he's worthless".

If you think it's any surprise QGJ is in this bundle, then there is a leader skill buff....it's terrible for the community to **** us around like that. How long until he gets nerfed then something else is offered?

• HanSlowMo wrote: »
    Dashboard wrote: »

While I understand your examples, the cost of this game vs. others makes the nerfs much much harder. If we look at MOBA's what is it like $20 bucks for a hero? The FULL hero, maxed ready to go swap it in and out. In this game it's $60 bucks for a bundle that grants you 1/2 of one hero (anakin), 1/4 of another (QGJ). Or in the case of chromium, you could get 1 of a 1/2 character and 7 1/10. The pricing for this game is way out of whack, nerfs and buffs should be HEAVILY calculated...

It costs a LOT of money to get a decent squad of heroes in this game, believe me I know...then just changing one (which may have cost someone 500-1000 dollars to receive ONE hero, out of ~70) needs to be absolutely calculated BEFORE release of said character.

If you think it's any surprise QGJ is in this bundle, then their is a leader skill buff....it's terrible for the community to **** us around like that. How long until he gets nerfed then something else is offered?

That is part of my point. Barriss sold in a pack, nerfed, Poe and Phasma were sold and given out, Nerfed. Each time coinciding with a pack release.

Jesse responded to another thread stating it was unintentional. I will trust Jesse's word on this and await official response before I feed into any more fire on this.

They monitored nothing. The change did not even go in when they did it.

Fine how about QGJ he needs a nerf. Hits hard, fast, boosts the whole team. Lets nerf him.

+1

If the counter opinion holds true then everyone should see a QGJ nerf coming.

Spend two months maxing him and then it's nerf time.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I suggested the speed thing too. My beef is that they stated they were doing 1 thing and did another. That is my issue. I'd have been fine, heck I suggested they take him to 142. The fact they said they were not doing that at this time then did is my issue.

I hate to see you feel burned like this man, you're a good friend of mine. EA/CG needs to give complete update notes when releases are issued. There is no sense on promptly giving us partial release notes, especially when you fail to list the most important game changes.

It's one thing when you surprised us with the new CT character but changes to existing content needs to be mentioned. One thing I learned long ago watching them "fix" Bariss is that following the meta can get you burned, so I farm characters that enhance synergy and hope I can have a competitive team.

Being a Guild Leader, I get to listen to the chatter between the Guilds and the players that are well known here in the forum. I can tell you that there are people stepping away from the game and things like this undo all the good you're trying to accomplish.

It's great to see new content, but CG needs to be better at communication with its players. They should be doing polls and using the forum to speak openly with us, not give us half the story and have situations where players have to bring information from Reddit to the forum just to figure out that the Leader speed ability was now working Turn 1.

In the end, do it as you will but in my opinion, there needs to be much better organization with such a potentially huge game like SWGOH. The day is yours to win or lose...
  • I've spent probaly in the $1,500 range on this game so far. Bought the packs, tons of crystals, few dozen Chromiums. I am highly disasatified. The nerf on Poe without telling us is garbage. You came out @EA_Jesse stating what was being nerfed/balanced. His speed was not mentioned. You stated at this time that was all the balancing and it would be monitored. Now today, surprise he had his speed nerfed. No notice, no ability to plan to replace a guy that a couple thousand crystals and cantina tokens went into leveling. Just a here you go, of and we made QGJ be on **** and he can give every speed galore and attack you 4X before you move. Surprise.

I am done spending until this game, and the team get on the ball. This is horrible treatment of customers and terrible business practices. I am very angry right now, and do not make decisions in anger so I will wait to cool down, however I am very strongly considering contacting Apple to get a refund on my purchases and saying see you to this game if this is how it is going to go. I would not go to a restaurant that advertises a 10oz filet and what you get is a 6 instead, so why would I go to a game that says we are doing this, nothing more at this time, than makes a massive change instead?

I think a better analogy was that you had a 10 oz steak, and they "nerfed" the steak by making it 9.9 oz instead of 10. Poe is a small part of the game and it isnt their fault that you put a bunch of money in poe. I am f2p and have had poe 5* for awhile and i just reached rank 1 today for the first time. Also, since most people use poe, it really wont affect you that much. Plus there are tons of characters in this game that you probably have that need to be explored. You should have understood what you were buying when you spent that massive amount of doe. This type of game gives you a head start by paying, not a free win forever.
  • I also wanted to add that you should have seen this coming.

Sorry, but not sorry at the same time.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I also wanted to add that you should have seen this coming.

THen you and everyone else better see a QGJ nerf coming
    I've spent probaly in the $1,500 range on this game so far. Bought the packs, tons of crystals, few dozen Chromiums. I am highly disasatified. The nerf on Poe without telling us is garbage. You came out @EA_Jesse stating what was being nerfed/balanced. His speed was not mentioned. You stated at this time that was all the balancing and it would be monitored. Now today, surprise he had his speed nerfed. No notice, no ability to plan to replace a guy that a couple thousand crystals and cantina tokens went into leveling. Just a here you go, of and we made QGJ be on **** and he can give every speed galore and attack you 4X before you move. Surprise.

I think a better analogy was that you had a 10 oz steak, and they "nerfed" the steak by making it 9.9 oz instead of 10. Poe is a small part of the game and it isnt their fault that you put a bunch of money in poe. I am f2p and have had poe 5* for awhile and i just reached rank 1 today for the first time. Also, since most people use poe, it really wont affect you that much. Plus there are tons of characters in this game that you probably have that need to be explored. You should have understood what you were buying when you spent that massive amount of doe. This type of game gives you a head start by paying, not a free win forever.

Not looking for a free win, looking for communication and not misleading. Go read my replies to Poe nerf polls pal. I suggested the speed change countless times. They stated what they were doing, and that was all they would be doing for now, and would monitor after. That is what my beef is. Free win my......
    I also wanted to add that you should have seen this coming.

Then expect your precious QGJ to be nerfed bud, sorry but not sorry.

Sid uses that exact same piece of speed gear on his tier VIII gear. His speed is still 153 after the update

I believe they also mentioned Poe gets a tier II and III gear nerf, not VII.
  • This biggest change wasn't the -1 speed on Poe, it was the way speed is now handled. Turns now by order of speed. It finally makes sense. Given this change, there is now a work around "speed tiers", now allowing a larger number of viable builds. Personally, I don't think the stat/skill nerf on Poe was really necessary.

The difference between 10 oz and 9.9 oz is not even comparable to the difference between speed 143 and 142. It's more like they changed your powerball numbers by one digit lol.
  • I used 50 crystals to do 5 arena fights to test the new speed change out. While I will say Poe is far less useful than he was, he is ok still. The one team though I faced was QGJ lead with GS, Leia, Dooku, Lumi. All 5 went before Poe did. Had they focus fired dead meat. Had it been human controlled, dead meat. As it was I was hurting, but my GS and Sid got to pack on some pain until he taunted reducing their TM and I went to work.

The structured order of the turns now is quite nice. Really lets you plan out your fight, adds strategy and planning.

The Fix on the DOT is also very nice that it can finish someone off, also allows some strategy.

The new viewing and ability to see info on collected, who uses is awesome, very awesome.

The A/V updates are just sweet.

The event is looking very cool.

Red Card awesome

Bonus energy is sweet

All in all I think this update was just plain awesome. My anger in my post is not because of the -1 speed, heck I suggested that fix many times. It was the misleading in the patch notes.

In the end with how they fixed the speed to not be tiered but to be actually off the rating I'm cool with it. Had it remained the tier system that would be different. Poe lost a lot of value, but unlike Barriss he is still arena viable, for now.
  • So Poe got -1 speed nerf and you are ****? You was used to win 95% against non-Poe teams and now, when is it at least more balanced, you are whining like child.

Everybody known he is OP, that was the reason why everybody started farming him. He is still one of the fastest toon out there and still useful.

At least you now know how the non-Poe players felt when they watched Poe's first turn taunt and canons slaughtered their team.
  • Enklave wrote: »
    So Poe got -1 speed nerf and you are ****? You was used to win 95% against non-Poe teams and now, when is it at least more balanced, you are whining like child.

Everybody known he is OP, that was the reason why everybody started farming him. He is still one of the fastest toon out there and still useful.

At least you now know how the non-Poe players felt when they watched Poe's first turn taunt and canons slaughtered their team.

The collateral damage is the most significant issue. My synergized droid squad I spent months farming and gearing to 7* is now pretty much worthless in my competitive shard.

The changes to speed were enough to neuter Poe's effectiveness, and they have the gall to continue with the other nerfs on him. It's a slap in the face really.
  • Toolio wrote: »
    Enklave wrote: »
    So Poe got -1 speed nerf and you are ****? You was used to win 95% against non-Poe teams and now, when is it at least more balanced, you are whining like child.

The collateral damage is the most significant issue. My synergized droid squad I spent months farming and gearing to 7* is now pretty much worthless in my competitive shard.

The changes to speed were enough to neuter Poe's effectiveness, and they have the gall to continue with the other nerfs on him. It's a slap in the face really.

Get your ticket on the Yoda bandwagon. It'll last a month until he's nerfed and someone else becomes OP
This discussion has been closed.