Droid team viability post Poe nerf?

I have been 100% focused on upgrading Poggle, 88, 86, and lastly Poe.

Despite spending literally weeks / months upgrading, I have never really had the chance to use the team because only Poggle and 88 are currently started / geared.

Now that Poe has been nerfed, are droids still viable? The part that really sucks about this game is it takes so long to unlock anything good, but by the time you are ready to play, toons get nerfed.

Should I continue upgrading Poe or should I just go In a different direction entirely? Poe is only 4 stars atm.

Replies

• I am in the same boat. Just geared poe to 143 or rather 142 this morning.
  • I run a team with Sid lead, Poe, Poggle, 86, 88. Think I just got screwed because my droids simply won't be fast enough, and Poe can't protect them any more
  • Jedi is the new flavor of the month. Hop aboard the bandwagon
  • Yea I know. I just feel so unmotivated given how much time and $ I spent to gear up a droid team I literally have never had an opportunity to play with.

I have two 7 star Jedi but even if I purchased the pack I wouldn't be able to participate in the event because I would be geared too low. And by the time I leveled them up the Meta will be ewoks or something!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I created a 6* droid bteam and I'm pretty confident they will eventually release a character that will change everything again. Don't expect Jedi to stay too strong for very long. My advise, diversity your investments. They have proven everything can change rather quickly
  • Basically I went from spending $200 on this game with the intention of spending a ton more, to basically quitting overnight due to the nerf. Really need a heads up for this kind of thing. All that time and $ is wasted. Maybe I just become a ftp
  • You will still be able to beat scrub teams in the 100+ ranks, but forget about top 10-20. Many hard hitters can go before Poe now so IG-88 doesn't have a chance, and without him you are screwed.

• J7000 wrote: »
    I created a 6* droid bteam and I'm pretty confident they will eventually release a character that will change everything again. Don't expect Jedi to stay too strong for very long. My advise, diversity your investments. They have proven everything can change rather quickly

Someone posted on reddit about a datamined jawa engineer with droid synergies... I am confident that he will help to keep droids viable if this char is introduced at some point.
  • Billd wrote: »
    I have been 100% focused on upgrading Poggle, 88, 86, and lastly Poe.

Despite spending literally weeks / months upgrading, I have never really had the chance to use the team because only Poggle and 88 are currently started / geared.

Now that Poe has been nerfed, are droids still viable? The part that really sucks about this game is it takes so long to unlock anything good, but by the time you are ready to play, toons get nerfed.

Should I continue upgrading Poe or should I just go In a different direction entirely? Poe is only 4 stars atm.

I feel you. don't chase the meta in an immature game. basically poe wasn't nerfed that hard. the whole combat and spees system changed.
  • droid team still hit hard, but really dont follow meta. do what you think it's fun and get char that you want. there are more char to be team up
  • Today was supposed to be a good day. My IG 88 gets the final shards to 7*. My arena team with Poe 6*, IG86 7*, GS 7* and Sid lead 7* seemed competitive yesterday ...
    Now they destroyed Poe since 18 + 2 rng characters are faster than him. :/
    Aditionally, they nerfed HP, tenacity, expose
    He makes no sense anymore, a wasted spot!
    This nerf is even harder than the emBARRISSment, cause she is still valuable for GW
    This game is a rat race. Now i skip my plans, go for Rey and develop Dooku ...
    RIP droids
  • Merilon wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

Someone posted on reddit about a datamined jawa engineer with droid synergies... I am confident that he will help to keep droids viable if this char is introduced at some point.

Droid teams don't need heals in Arena. But that engineer will be great in GW.
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Merilon wrote: »

Jawa Engineer Will get +12 speed boost for each living droid and jawa ally.Also he will give 30% turn meter to Droid and Jawa allies.Thus He will go first and make his entire droid team go first before you move.Its gonna be like poe all over again.
  • BigBoss13
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just faced the 10th rank in my server. His Poggle won the toss and cast Offense up before my poe, this his poe went before my poe again, then his geo and IG 88,86 went and basically destroyed half my team in one so it is still viable. Only issue would be an ackbar team I would think. Dont be discouraged, as the people above said, more chars will come!
  • @Bigboss
    The point is that droid Teams are easily beatable now. Put GS and Rey in and Poe is dust. Without protection, same happens to the slow droids
    On the opposite, it is quite hard to beat QGJ lead teams. You will see: in a month, Poe is gone and only fast (Dokuu,Sid) and fast and hard beating toons (Leia, Rey, GS) are on top of Arena.
    Didnt even mention the expected impact of Yoda ... :/
  • I challenged the number 2 spot on my server this morning and got wrecked. Poggle (L), 86, 88, Poe, HK. Still viable for now, I'd say.
  • Bostonmess wrote: »
    Today was supposed to be a good day. My IG 88 gets the final shards to 7*. My arena team with Poe 6*, IG86 7*, GS 7* and Sid lead 7* seemed competitive yesterday ...
    Now they destroyed Poe since 18 + 2 rng characters are faster than him. :/
    Aditionally, they nerfed HP, tenacity, expose
    He makes no sense anymore, a wasted spot!
    This nerf is even harder than the emBARRISSment, cause she is still valuable for GW
    This game is a rat race. Now i skip my plans, go for Rey and develop Dooku ...
    RIP droids

Only 7 characters go before Poe and one tie. There is not any more tiers.
  • What about gearing up and putting lobot at leader??
  • Shanks wrote: »
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Merilon wrote: »

Jawa Engineer Will get +12 speed boost for each living droid and jawa ally.Also he will give 30% turn meter to Droid and Jawa allies.Thus He will go first and make his entire droid team go first before you move.Its gonna be like poe all over again.

Woot, that sounds nerf ready! Data mined?
  • It is not true if you count in all toons which benefit from speed leadership skill. There is a list in another thread. 18 toons are faster than Poe. :/
  • I challenged the number 2 spot on my server this morning and got wrecked. Poggle (L), 86, 88, Poe, HK. Still viable for now, I'd say.

Why HK if he's not lead? Care to share any insights, anyone? I don't have a droid team, so don't really understand how it works.
  • What do you guys think will happen with QGJ popping up in every team?
    Its all about more speed, hitting harder and faster.
  • forcedino
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    All the new datamined characters like Magmatrooper, Han Solo, Sun Fac, Palpatine all have abilities with turn meter manipulation.
  • I think if people switch 88 to GS, they'll still have success.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My server is not the most mature server, but plenty of people asking advice aren't in a softlaunch server either.

Right now

o5oy02.png
    Post edited by Triqui on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I challenged the number 2 spot on my server this morning and got wrecked. Poggle (L), 86, 88, Poe, HK. Still viable for now, I'd say.

Why HK if he's not lead? Care to share any insights, anyone? I don't have a droid team, so don't really understand how it works.
    With Poggle you hit faster, HK allows to hit more. But normally when Poggle leads people substituto HK by Geo
  • Got first with my droids as well today. Not really competitive around my reward time, the only other competitor is another droid user :)
    But it's too soon after the update the rest havent adapted yet.
  • Too early to tell but this is my server right now:

d8tbDpo.jpg

And this is my team:

OERFErz.jpg
  • Looks good and similar to mine. Enjoy the Party as long as it lasts ... :)
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Droids might still be viable on offense but not on defense I don't think. Blow up 88 and its gg