P2P going F2P(Edited after new speed system was announced see last Post)

2Next

Replies

• SfsJazz wrote: »
    Toolio wrote: »
    Enklave wrote: »
    So Poe got -1 speed nerf and you are ****? You was used to win 95% against non-Poe teams and now, when is it at least more balanced, you are whining like child.

Everybody known he is OP, that was the reason why everybody started farming him. He is still one of the fastest toon out there and still useful.

At least you now know how the non-Poe players felt when they watched Poe's first turn taunt and canons slaughtered their team.

The collateral damage is the most significant issue. My synergized droid squad I spent months farming and gearing to 7* is now pretty much worthless in my competitive shard.

The changes to speed were enough to neuter Poe's effectiveness, and they have the gall to continue with the other nerfs on him. It's a slap in the face really.

Get your ticket on the Yoda bandwagon. It'll last a month until he's nerfed and someone else becomes OP

Already in the process of booking one, lol. But Yoda I want to get because he's Yoda. Until he's released we don't really know how he'll play, himself and with others. But I want him!!!

So true, the adage that money and a fool are soon parted. Especially when the fool is also a fan :lol:
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I try to be nice in my post but it is hard to believe some of you are adults. Think about it logically for a moment. Poe as a singular character didn't get changed a lot. What changed was the game was fixed to work as intended with speed.

The people complaining the most are the ones who took the most advantage of this broken system. For the last month people kept stating to stop whining about Poe being OP and to just learn how to play. That there are many counters to him. Well, clearly now that there are many counters to him, you guys are going crazy.

If you step back and stop letting your emotions get the best of you, you will see this was a good change.
  • moongod wrote: »
    That wasn't a troll. You must have horrible luck. B)

The worst mate. I have 5& and 6* chromiums I got a total of 20 Ben shards,lol.

Even worse. I wasted 1.5K on chromiums and wasn't able to promote ANY chars to 6*. No shards were given for QGJ Aayla and ImaGunDi. Nut have nearly whole roster open at 1-4 stars without any future uses.
  • Toolio wrote: »
    Enklave wrote: »
    So Poe got -1 speed nerf and you are ****? You was used to win 95% against non-Poe teams and now, when is it at least more balanced, you are whining like child.

Everybody known he is OP, that was the reason why everybody started farming him. He is still one of the fastest toon out there and still useful.

At least you now know how the non-Poe players felt when they watched Poe's first turn taunt and canons slaughtered their team.

The collateral damage is the most significant issue. My synergized droid squad I spent months farming and gearing to 7* is now pretty much worthless in my competitive shard.

The changes to speed were enough to neuter Poe's effectiveness, and they have the gall to continue with the other nerfs on him. It's a slap in the face really.

That is my big thing too. I've been using my GW and Arena to level Poggle and the 3 droids to build a droid team, they are no useless. Their speed is too slow they will die long before they impact the game.

It is the lost resources elsewhere. I finish GW daily and am top 5 daily. I do a ton of refills daily to farm gear. I took HK from 4-5 and gear 4-7, 88 from 3*-5* gear 3-7 86 from 4*-6* gear 3-7. That is a lot of resources in under 2 weeks, do the math. They are now not a very good team as they are lower health and lower speed, with Poe now going so late they will be destroyed before they act most times.

I still like the new speed system though.
  • Enklave wrote: »

And you Poe people whined like children too. I was late jumping on the Poe bandwagon. I fought my way up into the top 10 on a Poe heavy shard without him, vs cannons and all. Just hard to hold rank without him, so I got him. called adapting mate. Just as I have to this change and am back in the top 5.

Before you toss out insults check history mate. I suggested the speed drop multiple times as a solution. Read my post, my anger was not at the nerf, but the mislead. I've been gearing and leveling Droids up for another build. I've done so fast, thus spending actual money. Had the information been accurate in the patch I'd have saved roughly $100 on crystals I spent farming and doing extra fights to maintain top 5, often top 3. I'd also have put my GW tokens and Arena token on other characters I have ideas on builds I'm building. That was the issue. Poe in the new system, used right, will still make you all cry, though not as much as QGJ led teams will, just wait for it,lol.

Anyway cheers mate and have fun with the game.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Dashboard wrote: »
    Nerfing / Buffing characters is the basic method of keeping the game fair and balanced. Look at many other games, especially in the MMO and MOBA genres; developers make changes based on feedback.

To the defense of @EA_Jesse , he/she did mention that they will monitor and adjust the changes to better fit their vision (paraphrasing that statement). This change was nowhere near the Barriss debacle, which they vowed not to do again. Furthermore, Poe Dameron had the nerf coming from a million miles away.

They monitored nothing. The change did not even go in when they did it.

Fine how about QGJ he needs a nerf. Hits hard, fast, boosts the whole team. Lets nerf him.

+1

If the counter opinion holds true then everyone should see a QGJ nerf coming.

Spend two months maxing him and then it's nerf time.

I will use him until they nerf him. And once they nerf him, i will move on to another character like we all should. Holding on to things is not the jedi way.

People need to learn to adapt to change and stop holding on to things. I too hust recently farmed a poe especially after they announce only his tenacity and expose was being nerfed; now do you see me cryingon forums for refund? No. I understand its part games in general and part of life. If you choose to go to f2p thats your choice, i have been doing it and its kind of fun and more challenging
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I've spent probaly in the $1,500 range on this game so far.

If you spent that much on this game, then you are a prime example of why the gaming industry is in the toilet. You are why gaming companies are nickel and diming their customers and pushing out mediocre pay to win/wait to play games by the dozens.

A good game should be complete and cost no more than $60. Heck the first multi player games I ever played were FREE Muds. The second were the Half life content that included day of defeat, counter strike, team fortress etc. For $20 you had wonderful mods supported for years and years for free.

Bleh. Imagine if KOTR was made today. It would be 1/3 as long at release and we would have to pay extra money to unlock each successive chapter. After 20 minutes of play, we would have to pay to continue. In order to grow our questing party we would have to buy each additional party member. Want a dual sided light saber? Yours for $5.50!!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • I will spend €1500 to not listen to OP. This to counterbalance OP being sad about the update. Do people really need to create topics each time they don't like something giving an @ to the devs boasting about the money they spend to create some extra leverage? Faith in humanity lost.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Suppose you trollers missed the edit. My issue is with the mislead not the nerf. Though sadly you all like to just attack people without reading. You also mised the props I gave changes in posts.

Funny you come to this older post to attack me, but do not comment on this mornings post giving the update a 10/10

To quote the above. Faith in humanity lost.

For the guy telling me go die. It is so easy for one to be a tough guy and rude hidden behind a computer. I would wager if you were in the same room as me you would have far better manners. Grow up.

I will be closing the post since the point of it was missed and people are using it to attack. Go read my review and decide on attacking.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/12071/update-thoughts?new=1

• For the guy telling me go die. It is so easy for one to be a tough guy and rude hidden behind a computer. I would wager if you were in the same room as me you would have far better manners. Grow up.

I'd be happy to tell you are contributing to the problem of gaming industry right to your face. I don't feel that I was being rude at all, but merely stating a fact.
  • You could have bought the craziest gaming pc and an amazing finished game for 1500 i dont get it
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Go die is a bit extreme for my taste. I just dislike the way some people write things down. Also you feeling misled is something for yourself and isn't constructive in any way. Actually the whole initial post is nothing but a rant if you read it again yourself. You even write being angry and you use words as: terrible business & threatening with refunds multiple times. You know this is a game where balance issues are being fixed, you didn't start playing today. You also knew that Poe was being monitored for additional future changes.
    So calling out that the change wasn't announced is a blatant lie.

Summary: 0 facts, emotional state and threats. Clearly you do not know how customer service works. Nothing personal but a bit of self reflection doesn't hurt. Something with achieving more with honey or whatever the saying is. Things like this backfire where you could have written it down in a totally different way getting more support than at this point.
    Also if you spend 1500,- you have options. This game is in constant change.
    Example: clash of clans nerfed archer queen, hog riders, golems, heck they just boosted a defensive structure because attacking was overpowered. Being impulsive, is punishing from time to time, I know the feels.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Devs really need to consider a refund system similar to hearthstone. In that game if ya spend a month saving dust for a legendary card that gets nerfed ya have a limited time to get refund.

Really helps player confidence imo. Right now anyone who invested in poe feels bad like they are a month behind people that worked daka or jinn..
  • Lmao..when they say a character is being looked at and monitered because they might be too strong..maybe stop investing in it until a week after the patch hits maybe?
  • Closed on OP's request

FashionFett
This discussion has been closed.