Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Number one, they updated the gear challenge sprites! They actually look really cool now, good job devs! And number two, it appears i wont be able to get Thrawn since im F2P and cannot drop everything to gear up some useless toons. Its a shame, he probably wouldve been really cool in my Zader team...
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Yup, we have one guy in our guild with full 7 star phoenix team. I don't think I'll get Thrawn to 7 star first time around assuming it's an Yoda/EP/R2 style event
  • Not thrilled it's Phoenix squad. They're practically giving us these characters and I still could care less about them. And I think it's **** they're pushing us to use them in order to get thrawn. They just released them for crying out loud. There's going to be a lot of people who won't be getting thrawn
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    First in order to unlock Vader we need to go through scores of achievements (helped a bit with fleet shop shards), then to unlock Palp we need to star, level and gear up a rebel squad. Now to unlock Thrawn it seems we'll need to gear, star and level up a different rebel squad? Talk about a kick in the face to anyone who's focused on building up an Imperial squad...

Ever so subtle to show the intentions behind this with a marvelous new Pheonix pack at $160 (AUS$)...
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    This... is.. bad; real bad.
  • Just when you think they've actually started to take the "players first" thing to heart, they regress to their traditional nonsense.
  • Won't be getting Thrawn in this case. So much other stuff to do and I have no interest in the Phoenix squad. What a very nasty surprise for an event I was excited about. Not very well played.
  • Yeah im not thrilled id love to spend $ on thrawn but i dont want spend $ on 5 toons ill never use
  • Grats?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    no matter how good Thrawn is, he is not worth hearing 5 useless toons.
  • Do we only need 5 or still all 6?
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    I was hoping they weren't going to tie him to Phoenix.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    no matter how good Thrawn is, he is not worth hearing 5 useless toons.

This. And i was looking forward to having Thrawn under my Zader lead
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    This is simply disgusting that these rebels are needed to get Thrawn. This game continues to go in the wrong direction. Phoenix did not prove to be very enticing, so now they need to add a great Empire character (though we don't know how good he is yet) as an excuse for people to spend more money on a WHOLE team of Phoenix.

Way to go...
  • Lol, have to say it was a clever troll move
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I'm just going to gear Wiggs Chaze r-2 and Ahsoka instead of Thrawn and 5 turds. There is no way Thrawn is worth gearing 6 toons.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    This is simply disgusting that these rebels are needed to get Thrawn. This game continues to go in the wrong direction. Phoenix did not prove to be very enticing, so now they need to add a great Empire character (though we don't know how good he is yet) as an excuse for people to spend more money on a WHOLE team of Phoenix.

Way to go...

They did however make Pheonix easily farmable
  • Membrane
    87 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    **** NEED TO LEVEL a whole meta that no one wants to level to get a character we want ... **** , I am actually thinking of quiting
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Part of me hopes his kit is awful so I don't feel so angry about not being able to unlock him.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    yeah but when is the thrawn event? mainly if it's mid June then i won't even bother. 3 days of double drops won't get any phoenix to high enough stars
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Disapointed
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    I've been saving and waiting to farm Phoenix, so to the naysayers, I say...

*pbbbffffft*
  • Phoenix squad currently has no zetas and is a zeta away from being an amazing squad. Not to mention they have the final season of rebels to draw from and add more toons. As is they are excellent for GW, and LS missions and their ships are pretty **** good. No reason to ignore all the free phoenix toons especially if Thrawn is as good as rumored
  • Yeah I could care less about Phoenix squad. I really want thrawn but I'm not wasting time, resources and most importantly money on 5 worthless toons. Going to be a long time before I get thrawn I guess
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    It also would have been nice if we got ANYTHING more on thrawn to see IF it would be worth it.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Sabine is great in raids. Just saying
  • Membrane wrote: »
    **** NEED TO LEVEL a whole meta that no one wants to level to get a character we want ... **** , I am actually thinking of quiting

Quote away!
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    It also would have been nice if we got ANYTHING more on thrawn to see IF it would be worth it.

You will on the 10th
  • ******* these means curses ... wow a whole meta .... just no .... just no