Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Been facing Chaze all these months - the Empire reworks were OK - entire 2017 waiting for DS to PWN with something...so months and months of buildup to thinking Thrawn is coming to drop the hammer and correct some of the mediocrity of the DS / Empire reworks as a whole...and boom a punch in the gut to go farm some rebels I have never seen before. I'm honestly just sad right now - which is sad in its own right :). Ah well - you just can't get passionate about the game because it's going to drop you to your knees.

Really wish Ahsoka was the one behind this wall and not Thrawn - make another rebel widely available but lock up the DS again? Just very disappointing and I don't understand the continual bias toward the Rebel faction. It's beyond a joke or sarcastic saying now - it's just an inherent proven fact of bias. So sad - very disappointed. Where's the hope? Where's the balance?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    didn't know who he was until i looked him up after seeing him thrown around the forum
  • Options
    Been facing Chaze all these months - the Empire reworks were OK - entire 2017 waiting for DS to PWN with something...so months and months of buildup to thinking Thrawn is coming to drop the hammer and correct some of the mediocrity of the DS / Empire reworks as a whole...and boom a punch in the gut to go farm some rebels I have never seen before. I'm honestly just sad right now - which is sad in its own right :). Ah well - you just can't get passionate about the game because it's going to drop you to your knees.

Really wish Ahsoka was the one behind this wall and not Thrawn - make another rebel widely available but lock up the DS again? Just very disappointing and I don't understand the continual bias toward the Rebel faction. It's beyond a joke or sarcastic saying now - it's just an inherent proven fact of bias. So sad - very disappointed. Where's the hope? Where's the balance?

Disney.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Cool. Ready for this just like every time. I've spent five bucks on the game and have a team of 76 ewoks and pheonix squad ready and waiting for thrawn. You whiners are playing this wrong. Thanks devs. Love it. If only you had better deals I'd spend monies.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    No idea who he was, but who cares? He's DS (Empire) Here's a chance to bring balance to the force. Don't drop the ball CG.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Options
    He's definitely a fan favorite, don't limit yourself to the movies! Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they included him in a movie at some point
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    He's in quite a few episodes, not just 1 scene. Supposedly he's going to be a major player in the next season as well. Not going to say anything about "a real fan blah blah blah..." those statements are rarely accurate and never fair. I will say check out the books and really give Rebels a try. You may find yourself surprised.
  • Options
    Quick question. Does CG even listen to their fan base? Like did they think this was going to be a good idea? Haha
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    He's in quite a few episodes, not just 1 scene. Supposedly he's going to be a major player in the next season as well. Not going to say anything about "a real fan blah blah blah..." those statements are rarely accurate and never fair. I will say check out the books and really give Rebels a try. You may find yourself surprised.
    Here is a post people should learn from. Well said mate.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone other than Jedi Luke was a huge disappointment for me.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    Here is a post people should learn from. Well said mate.

Thanks! Cheers!
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Quick question. Does CG even listen to their fan base? Like did they think this was going to be a good idea? Haha

I think they do.. but whoever came up with this decision didn't have a clue. They are going to lose money over this...
  • two_step
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty disappointed in this decision. I'm a big fan of thrawn, and would have been willing to pay something for him if he turned out to be useful, but I am not pleased with having to farm and gear up a set of characters I have no interest in using. This feels like a super blatant cash grab on your part, and I don't like it. I hope you are rethinking your plans after the reaction this has gotten from your devoted fanbase, it isn't too late to do the right thing.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

ExarTheKun wrote: »
    They tested the Thrawn fanboys and were left wanting. All of you "I'll throw my whole wallet at Thrawn and nothing else!" sheep. Now that your fan favorite is here, how many will actually live up to their forum rants? Haha.

I will never take any of you seriously again, and neither will EA after this reaction. They give you exactly what you want and the only people willing to pay for Thrawn are Phoenix fans. That's who they will listen to for the next few months if you fail to buy into this event. Remember that!

We wanted to buy Thrawn not 6 other characters.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Options
    two_step wrote: »
    Pretty disappointed in this decision. I'm a big fan of thrawn, and would have been willing to pay something for him if he turned out to be useful, but I am not pleased with having to farm and gear up a set of characters I have no interest in using. This feels like a super blatant cash grab on your part, and I don't like it. I hope you are rethinking your plans after the reaction this has gotten from your devoted fanbase, it isn't too late to do the right thing.

^^This
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    They tested the Thrawn fanboys and were left wanting. All of you "I'll throw my whole wallet at Thrawn and nothing else!" sheep. Now that your fan favorite is here, how many will actually live up to their forum rants? Haha.

I will never take any of you seriously again, and neither will EA after this reaction. They give you exactly what you want and the only people willing to pay for Thrawn are Phoenix fans. That's who they will listen to for the next few months if you fail to buy into this event. Remember that!

Preach.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Ljaat wrote: »

I think they do.. but whoever came up with this decision didn't have a clue. They are going to lose money over this...

Ignorance is bliss. What makes you think EA will take a loss for this? When has EA ever taken a hit releasing new characters for this game? If they made money off Tarkin (A reworked F2P farmable character that was given to you at 4* for free) then they will most assuredly make money off Thrawn and Phoenix. You don't have to spend, but plenty will. People wanted this. The developers listened. Everyone wins.
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Options

Spot on.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

They are rethinking everything. I doubt it will be any time soon before they listen to the people who ranted in the forums over a Thrawn that they were willing to pay for, but didn't when the time came.

Phoenix and Rebel fans who buy into this, will be rewarded next time a fan favorite is released. They defintely won't be looking for your opinion next time around. They will cater to people who pay.
  • Options

I could see that conversation in headquarters.

"You know how bad the backlash is going to be from this, they are not gonna be having anything to do with it"

Who cares, everyone loves thrawn right? LOL I think we'll make enough to pay the mortgage. Besides, corporate is breathing down our necks for more revenue, need 20 billion this quarter.

"What if the players decide not to buy?"

It's okay, in August we will make the Luke event a pay event too then, THEY CAN'T PLAY HARDBALL WITH THE CREATORS!

"But that's kind of low, don't you think?"

It's okay, if none of these things make enough, six dot speed pwn mods will be our greatest backup plan!

Crickets. . . . .

Whales will pay always, dolphins will pay sometimes, ftp will never pay unless you turn them into dolphins, ftp will never dolphin up for events like this.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ignorance is bliss. What makes you think EA will take a loss for this? When has EA ever taken a hit releasing new characters for this game? If they made money off Tarkin (A reworked F2P farmable character that was given to you at 4* for free) then they will most assuredly make money off Thrawn and Phoenix. You don't have to spend, but plenty will. People wanted this. The developers listened. Everyone wins.

Mistakes in the game have occurred before before and adjustments made based on player feedback - tournaments, early mods, normal AAT just to name a few ... this is 100% one of those times and not a a situation where everyone wins. This is a major major disappointment for many players.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

You are buying Thrawn. He is just pricey. And he comes with 5 extra toons. You are looking at this all wrong. It isn't Pjoenix with Thrawn thrown in. It's Thrawn with freebie Phoenix tossed in.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I can only speak from my perspective.. I'm a whale and spend more money than I should on this game b/c I have the extra income. After this.. I'm now f2p.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

You are buying Thrawn. He is just pricey. And he comes with 5 extra toons. You are looking at this all wrong. It isn't Pjoenix with Thrawn thrown in. It's Thrawn with freebie Phoenix tossed in.

Well technically you're not wrong lol.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Mistakes in the game have occurred before before and adjustments made based on player feedback - tournaments, early mods, normal AAT just to name a few ... this is 100% one of those times and not a a situation where everyone wins. This is a major major disappointment for many players.

A few F2P players who didn't buy Phoenix and aren't willing to buy gear to get them to G7 or G8 and farm a fan favorite. I'm sure their losses will be insurmountable.

Everyone who Paid for Phoenix is everyone who is willing to pay a little more to get this toon. The same people who never spend cash will continue not spending cash. Everyone wins.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

I can only speak from my perspective.. I'm a whale and spend more money than I should on this game b/c I have the extra income. After this.. I'm now f2p. It only takes a few ppl like me for them to feel it. I'm not saying for this event they will take a loss.. just the lost income in the future.. for ppl like me who are fed up with this ****.

No. Not unless you are spending tens of thousands of dollars, and there are hundreds of you who will stop spending that amount over this release. EA makes plenty on this game every day without you and your crew my friend. Micro transactions will win in the end.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Can we at least see his kit before we start mindlessly farming these scrubs? IMO he needs to beat out GK for a spot on my team. That's a tall order.
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    He is a very popular character. You don't have to buy him of you don't want to.

Please don't bring that **** in here again. He's a popular character in relation to Hera, that much is true. The anger over this is a possible meta toon being put behind a giant pay wall of 4 crappy characters no one wants and 1 decent 1. When CG understands we are in a massive gear crunch for Raids and Arena plus Yoda event coming. Ugh this is just poor form all around.

What they need to do is show us Thrawns skills if he's in line with ATF and Phoenix, and the other Emp reworks this won't matter.
  • Options
    Why they did not release Wicket instead of Thrawn ? They promised wicket last august with r2d2...