Mace STILL NOT A TANK Wimpdoo

Like the new changes but he's still not a tank class. Tanks TAUNT end of line period! But that's just my 20+ years of RPG gaming and playing a tank class experience talking.

Replies

• Quite a few tanks in this game don't taunt
  • Then there not tanks lol
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Whether the tag says tank or not, my question is... Is he viable? did the changes do enough and most importantly, is it worth it to use my Lvl III ability mats to level his ablitities past 3/4?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Bill wrote: »
    Then there not tanks lol

Point made and noted, good sir.
  • Is Royal guard viable? He has a taunt, but is seldom seen.
  • So what would u Class fives? I wouldnt call them non tanks a tank should just be able to soak dmg they dont require to taunt to be a tank
  • Tanks taunt... That's what they do. There sole purpose is to take damage off other players and putting the focus on them. If there was no tanks raid bosses would never die because all the dps classes would be getting 1-2 shot. Just saying a class is a tank doesn't make them a tank. If your able to kill everyone else around him and there just sitting and watching then that's not a tank class.
    Tanks taunt... That's what they do. There sole purpose is to take damage off other players and putting the focus on them. If there was no tanks raid bosses would never die because all the dps classes would be getting 1-2 shot. Just saying a class is a tank doesn't make them a tank. If your able to kill everyone else around him and there just sitting and watching then that's not a tank class.

You have a very narrow self imposed perception of what a "Tank" is. That is o.k., that is your right. Not everybody feels the same.

Tanks taunt... That's what they do. There sole purpose is to take damage off other players and putting the focus on them. If there was no tanks raid bosses would never die because all the dps classes would be getting 1-2 shot. Just saying a class is a tank doesn't make them a tank. If your able to kill everyone else around him and there just sitting and watching then that's not a tank class.

This is EXACTLY what a tank is.
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Bill wrote: »

You have a very narrow self imposed perception of what a "Tank" is. That is o.k., that is your right. Not everybody feels the same.

What is your idea of a tank?
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I generally agree with the OP, in that calling a character a tank implies he/she can pull aggro. However, that is not the case in this game. To my knowledge, there are only three toons that can taunt (Poe, Chewy, RG), but many more are listed as tanks.

Regardless of your feelings on the subject, the fact is that it is CG's definition that matters here, and not ours.
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Not sure how you can say a character has to taunt to be a tank. A lot of games don't even have that type of ability yet they still have tank classes.

A tank simply can take a lot damage. Not sure why that is even debatable.
  • 20 years of WoW doesn't make you an expert on every game.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I generally agree with the OP, in that calling a character a tank implies he/she can pull aggro. However, that is not the case in this game. To my knowledge, there are only three toons that can taunt (Poe, Chewy, RG), but many more are listed as tanks.

Regardless of your feelings on the subject, the fact is that it is CG's definition that matters here, and not ours.

STHan and the Stormtrooper taunt as well...

If you read Mace Windu's new intro on his character screen... It his describes his lack of "taunt"... Says he's an aggressive tank that will whoop thy candy **** if left unchecked. Which means. He doesn't need a taunt. It means... If you don't attack Mace...he's gonna put a whooping on you.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    20 years of WoW doesn't make you an expert on every game.

Thanks, that made me laugh. I now have coffee to clean up.

• I think a better way to word this would be..........The players would like to see non-taunting tanks like Mace, Jedi Knight Guardian and Savage Opress become more useful.
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think a better way to word this would be..........The players would like to see non-taunting tanks like Mace, Jedi Knight Guardian and Savage Opress become more useful.

Savage Opress isn't classified as a tank... And post update... Oppress has become a Savage. Mace is viable now.
  • I think a better way to word this would be..........The players would like to see non-taunting tanks like Mace, Jedi Knight Guardian and Savage Opress become more useful.

More like give opponent a compelling reason to get rid of the tank quickly.

Atm without taunt, who really attacks the tank first?

The expose mace has is a nice touch

But unless they create a reason to kill the tank first.

Tanks are useless

Would u play any tank over Rey QGJ GS or SID?
  • DarthBalls wrote: »

If you read Mace Windu's new intro on his character screen... It his describes his lack of "taunt"... Says he's an aggressive tank that will whoop thy candy **** if left unchecked. Which means. He doesn't need a taunt. It means... If you don't attack Mace...he's gonna put a whooping on you.

I think the main problem is that he still doesn't put a whooping on anyone. He's slow, has low health for a tank and still doesn't do that much damage. If he had counter or a chance to hit twice or even more potency so that his expose and smite might work from time to time, then hemight be a viable toon. This update helped but didn't do nearly enough.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    pay2win wrote: »
    20 years of WoW doesn't make you an expert on every game.

Bam! Nailed it.
  • Totally disappointed with the buff he got. I agree it's not nearly enough. He still hits like a little girl & his smite & expose are extremely hit or miss. I mean, my under-geared & under-leveled Qui Gon hits harder than him already & he's got way more utility. My Mace is 4 star lvl 44 G5 and hits around 700-1000. I actually see no boost of dps due being above 50% health. Very disappointing.
  • Sure, in most games tanks are characters who can draw attacks on to them and soak up the damage to save other team members but that isn't the case here and I like that. Five's is a tank but he has no taunt, yet he's far more useful than many other characters due to his counter attack which seems to be activated 90% of the time from my experience. A tank should be able to soak damage, hit relatively hard and become a pain in the backside if left untouched so for me Dooku and the rest fall under that definition.
  • Macgruber wrote: »
    He still hits like a little girl & his smite & expose are extremely hit or miss.

... Rey hits like a girl, too ...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Macgruber wrote: »
    Totally disappointed with the buff he got. I agree it's not nearly enough. He still hits like a little girl & his smite & expose are extremely hit or miss. I mean, my under-geared & under-leveled Qui Gon hits harder than him already & he's got way more utility. My Mace is 4 star lvl 44 G5 and hits around 700-1000. I actually see no boost of dps due being above 50% health. Very disappointing.

You're judging a toon at mid level, minimum stars, and low gear.... What do you expect? Will he be arena viable at maxed everything? Probably not; he's too slow. But he definitely hits harder more consistently than he did due to not being reliant on defense up and his unique isn't total garbage. He's useful in other aspects of the game now.
  • It's ok if a tank can't taunt but traditionally they are the ones that finds a way protect the rest of your team whether it's with a taunt to force attackers to attack them or some kind of defense buff. Mace, boba, 5s etc does not scream tank to me. If they were attackers or support then nobody would really mind and I doubt anybody would make the argument that since they have high HP (not sure if they really do since all the ones i fight usually squishy except for 5s) they should be tanks.
  • Number one target in a match is glass cannons then healers. I leave the SO CALLED tanks for last because they are not a threat. If they taunt they get preferential beatings because they asked for it. A tank without taunt can not protect the party, Royal Guard at least has a passive auto taunt if damage is received. A tank without taunt is a scrapper.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975