Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• @Nonemo, please stop quoting me? As I mentioned in my last post, we're both looking at it from different angles. The same arguments are being repeated by us, let's just stop it. Both of us can see that the devs are least interested in what the community thinks. Both of us are not going to stop playing the game anyway. I registered my protest at what I deemed misleading information and against people whining that we are whiners(eh?). I'm done. You may, of course, continue. Just don't quote me. Not even acknowledgement of this post, please.
  • I'd agree with the statement to not give false previews for the update. If your going to detail every little avx fix and skip an entire rework of speed it feels like a lie. Many people poured resources into certain players with the knowledge that arena meta would be similar post update.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Umm, ok? Well, I can do that. Bye then.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Finally, I thought people like you were mocking Poe "nerf bunnies" to adapt, adopt a better strategy (whatever that means), stop whining, etc. Why don't you start applying that same argument to yourself given the Poe auto-win is no longer in place?
    Getting really tired of you saying this over and over again. You do not understand that with the speed changes and level 80 coming, plus the QGJ cantina release combined with the Yoda events meant that Poe was doomed to begin with and now he is gimped? That was part of the reason I was encouraging people to adapt. It was never to last anyways - plus too many sheep following the leader meant coming up with the next strategy would give you a HUGE advantage. And now I read that you were beating Poe teams without Poe? Why do you even argue the point then? Now, we have to prepare for a level 80 QGJ nightmare that was already going to make Poe irrelevant. Really, what is the point of tanks in this game? I've lost a lot of respect for you obiwan. Your arguments are not accurate, you are pushing an agenda, and ending it with a child-like "I told you so".

Finally someone who gets it,

Misconstruing genuine complaints about how the update was carried out

The QGJ nightmare is coming....

Everyone will rush to pump up QGJ

Speed and damage,

The game will have no reason to have any tanks.

Rey ( those who can accord her ) dooku gs QGJ will be core

Heck who uses even 20% of all the characters if they managed to unlock all of them?

So jump onto the QGJ bandwagon as you had done with the Poe bandwagon. Yes, it sucks that it will take quite a bit of time to level up QGJ, but at least he is farmable and everyone is in the similar boat - myself included. But I hope CG learned from this mess and ensures this "QGJ nightmare" does not materialise.

I have said all along that too much speed and too much damage are the real problem. So what's this finger-pointing all about?

I find it amazing how people twist things to their likings. Poe enabled slower heroes viable? Really? Are you telling me you used Darth Maul, Ahsoka and Asajj with Poe? Tanks have no place in this game? I still see ton of people using Poe in their team.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I wonder if the same people crying nerf are crying for a refund. Then they respend all their refunded money on the new Meta basically destroying the game then blaming it on EA.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Finally, I thought people like you were mocking Poe "nerf bunnies" to adapt, adopt a better strategy (whatever that means), stop whining, etc. Why don't you start applying that same argument to yourself given the Poe auto-win is no longer in place?
    Getting really tired of you saying this over and over again. You do not understand that with the speed changes and level 80 coming, plus the QGJ cantina release combined with the Yoda events meant that Poe was doomed to begin with and now he is gimped? That was part of the reason I was encouraging people to adapt. It was never to last anyways - plus too many sheep following the leader meant coming up with the next strategy would give you a HUGE advantage. And now I read that you were beating Poe teams without Poe? Why do you even argue the point then? Now, we have to prepare for a level 80 QGJ nightmare that was already going to make Poe irrelevant. Really, what is the point of tanks in this game? I've lost a lot of respect for you obiwan. Your arguments are not accurate, you are pushing an agenda, and ending it with a child-like "I told you so".

Speed and damage,

Heck who uses even 20% of all the characters if they managed to unlock all of them?

So jump onto the QGJ bandwagon as you had done with the Poe bandwagon. Yes, it sucks that it will take quite a bit of time to level up QGJ, but at least he is farmable and everyone is in the similar boat - myself included. But I hope CG learned from this mess and ensures this "QGJ nightmare" does not materialise.

I have said all along that too much speed and too much damage are the real problem. So what's this finger-pointing all about?

I find it amazing how people twist things to their likings. Poe enabled slower heroes viable? Really? Are you telling me you used Darth Maul, Ahsoka and Asajj with Poe? Tanks have no place in this game? I still see ton of people using Poe in their team.

Very big assumption.

I got Poe off chromium at level 1. 2 chromium 8 packs when I joined the game, He is 4 star and stayed there,

It's not about the Nerf it's how they did it,

They are just pushing damage and speed meta further

I said exactly the same thing about speed n damage.

You being hung up about Poe is getting boring.
    Repeating it over and over again doesn't make it true,

1. The change to speed is making things worse,

2. Too much focus on Damage and speed,

Looks like your agenda is clouding any logic.

"Must defend CG/EA"

"Must say Poe Nerf and speed change is good"

I'm done.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I think it's cute that since every other tank is useless

Why should POE be special??

Really?

Then every attacker should have Ashoka speed.

Why does Rey get to be so fast and high damage output.

Nerf everything.

Everyone will play 5 upnaughts with different skins.

This is a fallacy of false dichotomy or the excluded middle. You present it as if there are only two options, nerf everything or nerf nothing. What if we nerf only disruptive chars? Like... Old meta Poe?
  • I wonder if the same people crying nerf are crying for a refund. Then they respend all their refunded money on the new Meta basically destroying the game then blaming it on EA.

lmao

That is so true!

Post of the day!!!

@LukeSkywalker420
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Speed and damage,

Very big assumption.

I got Poe off chromium at level 1. 2 chromium 8 packs when I joined the game, He is 4 star and stayed there,

It's not about the Nerf it's how they did it,

They are just pushing damage and speed meta further

I said exactly the same thing about speed n damage.

You being hung up about Poe is getting boring.
    Repeating it over and over again doesn't make it true,

1. The change to speed is making things worse,

2. Too much focus on Damage and speed,

Looks like your agenda is clouding any logic.

"Must defend CG/EA"

"Must say Poe Nerf and speed change is good"

I'm done.

1. Seriously. Do you read my posts? When did I defend CG about this update? I said it was handled poorly. Do I need to dig it up and copy-paste it in front of you? Here you go.
    3. But yes, omitting this change in the update note is a head scratcher. I would imagine CG is aware of the fact that one balance change is a lot more significant than a page worth of cosmetic changes

2. Poe needed adjustment. You still refuse to answer the question: Is it fair that an entire team can go first over another? That's what Poe did. It wasn't about soaking up damage or anything else. He let your entire team go first - whenever you won the coin toss.

Plus, I have not commented anything about the speed change nor agreed with the magnitude of the nerf. I simply stated he needs adjustment and the suggestion was make his TM reduction resistible or increase his TM % per Resistance member - as a lot of others have said. Where are you crafting up all these fairytales that I never said?
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Triqui wrote: »
    I think it's cute that since every other tank is useless

Why should POE be special??

Really?

Then every attacker should have Ashoka speed.

Why does Rey get to be so fast and high damage output.

Nerf everything.

Everyone will play 5 upnaughts with different skins.

This is a fallacy of false dichotomy or the excluded middle. You present it as if there are only two options, nerf everything or nerf nothing. What if we nerf only disruptive chars? Like... Old meta Poe?

O I am sure the "new speed and damage meta" is very different...

The speed change would mean Poe did not need to be nerfed

Every character can be good at something,

Going the way of Barris Nerf is bad.

Why do people keep repeating the lie that we have complaints because we want to keep the POE meta?????

When we clearly keep repeating its how they did it and a Nerf is fine???

I can't decide if it's agenda or "if I assume they insist on wanting to keep Poe meta, therefore their argument is invalid???"
    the suggestion was make his TM reduction resistible or increase his TM % per Resistance member

+1. If they did that PLUS all the spd changes that they did would've been enough. With that said, I think they nerfed poe too hard, tenacity expose chance hp AND spd (spd and hp without even previously announcing it).... too much.

Getting really tired of you saying this over and over again.

So am I. But wake up. Party is over.
    We agreed that the party is over.
    You do not understand that with the speed changes and level 80 coming, plus the QGJ cantina release combined with the Yoda events meant that Poe was doomed to begin with and now he is gimped? That was part of the reason I was encouraging people to adapt. It was never to last anyways - plus too many sheep following the leader meant coming up with the next strategy would give you a HUGE advantage.

How is that any different with other tanks? I have been consistent about Poe outperforming others.
    and consistent that Poe was the only viable tank. Tanks as a whole in this game is another discussion altogether.
    And now I read that you were beating Poe teams without Poe? Why do you even argue the point then?

So according to your extreme view, an hero should be nerfed only when he/she is invincible? Seriously?
    Answer this: Do you think it is fair to have an entire team go first over the other? That's what made Poe so powerful and "delicious" to many people. Just answer yes or no.
    Since it was inevitable to be altered without the need for a nerf and this is like a TV court drama: Objection - Irrelevant! My view is that he did not need to be nerfed anyways as things were changing and then with the speed bands going away - he really did not need to be touched.
    Now, we have to prepare for a level 80 QGJ nightmare that was already going to make Poe irrelevant. Really, what is the point of tanks in this game? I've lost a lot of respect for you obiwan. Your arguments are not accurate, you are pushing an agenda, and ending it with a child-like "I told you so".

All of us do and I hope CG stops making these mistakes. Enough people warned about Poe becoming too disruptive at level 70, but CG, for whatever reason, stuck with their plans and created this mess.

I am sorry to hear you lost faith in me. But I have been consistent with what I have said all along and not resorting to any threats or personal attacks.
    I still value your input and see that you are usually a logical person so I apologize for my hyperbole specifically regarding the "I told you so".
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Just to reiterate: This is the so-called "nerf" that ppl are talking about.

-23 Strength (moot since Poe's own attack was never at the heart of the issue)

+15 Agility (doesn't look like a nerf to me)

-7 Intelligence (from 442 to 435...)

-1 Speed (yes, this is the "speed nerf" ppl are talking about)

-444 Health (moot since Poe didn't need to stay alive, it was his skill that was useful)

+5% Health Steal (nope, still not a nerf)

-15% Tenacity (this was announced a long time ago)

+31 Physical Damage (buffed, not nerfed)

+9 Armor (moot, but still not nerfed)

+6 Physical Critical Rating (as above)

-29 Special Damage (Correct me if I'm wrong, but Poe doesn't even have an attack that deals special damage)

So, what are you all even upset about? I really, honestly don't understand. What is it that is so terrible?
  • @Nonemo they took away the coin flip iWin button. Now you may have to use brain in game. B)
  • Triqui wrote: »

But it is ok to eliminate his time bubble, and allow QGJ to create a PERMANENT 26 speed bubble? I have GS too, and many other chars. I had 12 7* and many 6 and 5* that I use regularly in Arena and in GW. Since you CAN see entire teams now, and you have many choices to ensure at least 4 or 5 chars go before any Poe, he no longer serves a purpose in my plan and teams.
    But QGJ does not create a bubble. You can act in between, if you have characters in that speed bracket.between Eeth Koth 151 and Luminara's 141 I can use my Rey.

Now, your team particularly will get busted, because it was benefiting more from the time bubble. Now it will be less good. Just like in the previously patch, Nightsisters were bad because they didn't benefit from Poe's time bubble. That's normal when metas shift. But that doesn't mean the change wasn't good for the game as a whole

Let me be succint. I passed GW every day since inception. I can reset tontry things out or on a particularly bad day. But I use Poe there maybe in one fight or two. Poe is not at all good there, and even if he was it's not needed. Now, I pass any challenge on auto too, most of the times enemy doesn't even get a turn. No Poe needed. Switch to Events. I auto them, Poe not irrelevant.

So they ONLY reason for me to have spent $300 per month on Crystals is to build competitiveness in Arena. So when pooring money into UNPOPULAR chars like Poe, I am making a competitive decision. Since this game is about strategy I plan this strategy 2-3 months in advance givrn deop rates, my ability to refresh at certain thresholds, my assessments of what chars will do, my reading of what other people will do and trying to come up with different plans.

I have stated I didn't loke Poe much. I actually was upset with the char. But instead of nerfing him I created two things:

1) A Droid team around Poe
    2) An anti-Poe team based on AoE

Another thing I did was to see if a Poe vs Poe team could RELIABLY win in spite of RNG, and I proven that you can create. Poe-Poe win that wins 80% of times, so the RNG of which Poe goes first is also a HUGE epic fallacy. What lies before Poe and after Poe in your squad made a huge abusmal difference, and there is no auto-win based on who goes first. Fantazy and the others in our server has also managed to win against any specific setup that uses Poe quite reliably.

So the RNG auto-win fallacy is also not true.

I played by the game rules. Asopted a char I was strugling against, adopted and learned to like him to know exactly how any change to him affects his usefulness and use scenarios. I also built a massive counter to it. And I built diversity even in the supposed RNg toss which has been stated incorrectly so many times (thise stating RNg auto win...you didn't explore this deep enough)

I spent $800 and accepted how Poe was and that you need to win within the game rules. That the meta WILL shift with cap lifts, new chars released, and new discoveries about what chars can do.

I also provides a lot of input, accepted an unncesary nerf, to Update the App and see the characters UTTER DESTRUCTION. I have Obi's AoE black-death squad he just described, so I can show you the pic if you think otherwise. The point here is I am not speaking as a guy that didn't know how to counter Poe, didn't understand the meta, didn't accept that meta will shift and didn't lambast every thread with RNG 1-press auto wins because I did my job.

Now, Poe is destroyed by a multi-angle nerf. The leader ability shift wasn't announced because CG has said those leadership skills wouldn't apply to first turn. why would they FIX something that was accepted and nobody was asking for? Why would they reduce Poe speed in 1? Do you see how hilarious it gets to affect a char by 1 speed? Look at how detailed the character assasination is. Why nerf his HP? Even Poe nerf posters said ADD HP but make the expo go, or the turn manipulation. They advocated a tank being tanky and remive onenof his perks. But he gets the HP nerfed too, a one-shotable tank. Then they change the speed mechanism for every char. This a huge meta change that favors primarily Jedis (which we are all getting for the Yoda bait)...making now Poe even more useless as he doesn't even compete for any turn meter. This nerfed Poe further down as well.

Now, you say the change was good for the game. The change was against the original nerf anniuncement, undocumented, completely changes the game inirganically (God-like changes) and it leaves the meta and game rules open for instant change any time CG wants to shift it because they can. It invites people to seek solutions outsode the game rules. It creates incertainty into the short term worthinness of chars not because of how meta changes by new chars, or cap lift, or newfound synergies, but by how CG will react to a few fellows that command a huge influence in the game stirring up in the wrong direction. Like changing the rules of ches or Tennis makes it a bad Board Game or sports, and while Tennis rules or Chess could be slightly better, they stick to them because META (or knowledge) abiut them evolves.

This Poe nerf just is a confirmation that opinions don't matter, promises don't need to be kept, confirms the game meta has shifted to Forum-Warriors, confirms a weak CG, questions the validity of even the most basic game mechanics, shows excessive force, unneeded reactions (Poe was already massively nerfed just by speed mechanics change and leader Speed ability change), lack of concern about introducing disavantage to player playing by the established game rules (I fixed the Poe problem within the game rules and spent money for that, and also invested in Poe and a Droid team as part of building a long term rooster), disregarding the commitment to better comunicate important changes, went against the promise for prudence in nerfing even just one week of reinforcing that sound policy, tricked people into using their money in wrong ways, provides no mechanism to properly make things fair...but worst of ALL...it create huge problem of enourmous proportions around making Speed and High damage an even worst problem. The current gameplay guarantees chars to go in a certain order. High Speed Cookie Cutter will get amazingly worst...what could be more boring that knowing exactly and everytime the order every char will take?

Poe was the only thing in the way of this new high speed meta. It allowed a chance for a few mid speed chars to be useful. Now assist will be rampant and first turn 2-5 outcomes is just the new normal unless you play the ultra-high AoE High HP squad or just build a team of similar speed.

It destroyed a lot of creative possibilities, anihilated the only usable tank (except for maybe Han which is now the ultimate turn meter manipulatir with QGJ leadership), all without any good reason.

To top it off, they release a char that needs 3300 shards, and another that needs 6000+ Jedis that can easily become the most OP thing in the game, adding to the already bad speed problem as his faction is the same as the speediest faction, with the fastest Speed Leadership as well.

Now...I try to explain why I don't see these latest moves as the right "direction". But it would be tolerable if the game was subscription based and one could replace chars easily, let say select any chars to fight any given month. But this game is funded by converting money into useful chars that do specific things, taking months to become usable in Arena. And when you arbitrarily change all the basic game mechanics, key chars, and Play God without any consideration of why and how you earn the money, that's unexcusable.

To top it off the laundering of the fact that you actuallybuse MONeY to gear and level up, by laundering money into energy, then energy into "Dice Rolls" and the dice rolls into gear, mats, XP, Droids and Credits which only serve the purpose of improving a char stats, that you have something very questionable going on.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »

-444 Health (moot since Poe didn't need to stay alive, it was his skill that was useful)

-29 Special Damage (Correct me if I'm wrong, but Poe doesn't even have an attack that deals special damage)

So, what are you all even upset about? I really, honestly don't understand. What is it that is so terrible?
    You aren't a poe user are you?

All this will do is fuel a QGJ pandemic, to which people like you will complain its making your dream team a nightmare; and lowering his speed by one puts him in a lower bracket to the likes of Dooku, GS ect, so they will always hit first (not a problem for me but I feel you should be informed)
    {RotE}
  • Only a 143 speed Poe was a threat. Now, that isn't a threat with the speed change. It essentially made him like a 142 Poe which was the only nerf that a lot of people wanted.

then subtract 15% expose.

then subtract 13% tenacity.

All that made Poe good...subtracted...that's the new Poe.

I wanted a chance to resist like obiwan stated.

It wasn't incremental - it was huge. I don't have as much experience with these types of games or EA so now I have learned my lesson. But, the odd thing was, I was consistent in adapting and realizing more changes would fix it AND I only wanted him for a resistance team because pilot and trooper - who uses them? Sounded fun. The idea of the resistance team revolved around Poe's turn meter which people adapted by substituting pilot and trooper for GS and FOTP. Good on them for discovering that, I suppose.

Question - should I go ahead and start countering the QGJ meta or finish what I started anyways for fun and for GW? Hmmm.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »

You aren't a poe user are you?

All this will do is fuel a QGJ pandemic, to which people like you will complain its making your dream team a nightmare; and lowering his speed by one puts him in a lower bracket to the likes of Dooku, GS ect, so they will always hit first (not a problem for me but I feel you should be informed)

1) I have Poe but only use him in GW since he's boring.

2) I don't see a QGJ pandemic spreading quite yet. I have, however, witnessed the Poe pandemic.

3) Brackets don't exist anymore. Read the OP.

• Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited February 2016

So jump onto the QGJ bandwagon as you had done with the Poe bandwagon.

To me, this is the real problem with the game. Human nature to follow other humans resulting in cookie cutter builds. Oh, and defense AI. Really, you can usually only defend if your team is much better e.g. level 70 vs 65 toons or you can one-shot since the AI won't focus.

My problem is I want a variety of characters and teams and can only work on a little bit at a time.
  • I don't understand the complaints. My sis is F2P and whenever she faces Poe, she still gets crushed even though her power is over a thousand stronger and all her characters are higher levels. Poe's expose hits nearly the entire team and she's wiped out in two turns. It makes no sense.

I'm P2P and level 70. A couple of my characters were changed too and yea it's upsetting. Poe wasn't to the point of being a terrible character. My Doku still has yet to stun an opponent since the updates. Leia no longer strikes 3x. She's lucky to strike 2x, so essentially she's useless. I've had to completely change my strategy.

I do wish I'd known things sooner, and other things I wish they didn't listen to the slugheads on this forum who apparently can't differentiate red and purple. Visually, everything is a cluster F***. Open up "Characters" and tell me you can actually read everything. There was no point in showing the individual gear, as it is too busy to the eye. I do like some things, but some of these updates seem like time could've been spent elsewhere.

Like why doesn't QGJ's special attack not actually get rid of positive effects like it's supposed to? The opponent still has defense up, advantage, taunt, and 2x critical hit. So what exactly does it get rid of? Of course when an opponent's QGJ hits Chewy, his taunt goes away....
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I still value your input and see that you are usually a logical person so I apologize for my hyperbole specifically regarding the "I told you so".

Thanks.
    To me, this is the real problem with the game. Human nature to follow other humans resulting in cookie cutter builds. Oh, and defense AI. Really, you can usually only defend if your team is much better e.g. level 70 vs 65 toons or you can one-shot since the AI won't focus.

My problem is I want a variety of characters and teams and can only work on a little bit at a time.

I agree and have said it many times. I hate fighting against the same team over and over and over again - which has been Poe so far and may possibly be QGJ in the near future. The game desperately needs a place for other 50-60 characters to be truly successful and enjoyable.

Looks like we share a common view. So why not stop bickering among ourselves when it is CG who is doing a head-scratching job at hero design and balancing? ;)
  • Nonemo wrote: »

That it wasn't in the patch notes. How are you so dense not to understand this
  • Cpt_Krob6 wrote: »
    I don't understand the complaints. My sis is F2P and whenever she faces Poe, she still gets crushed even though her power is over a thousand stronger and all her characters are higher levels. Poe's expose hits nearly the entire team and she's wiped out in two turns. It makes no sense.

I'm P2P and level 70. A couple of my characters were changed too and yea it's upsetting. Poe wasn't to the point of being a terrible character. My Doku still has yet to stun an opponent since the updates. Leia no longer strikes 3x. She's lucky to strike 2x, so essentially she's useless. I've had to completely change my strategy.

I do wish I'd known things sooner, and other things I wish they didn't listen to the slugheads on this forum who apparently can't differentiate red and purple. Visually, everything is a cluster F***. Open up "Characters" and tell me you can actually read everything. There was no point in showing the individual gear, as it is too busy to the eye. I do like some things, but some of these updates seem like time could've been spent elsewhere.

Like why doesn't QGJ's special attack not actually get rid of positive effects like it's supposed to? The opponent still has defense up, advantage, taunt, and 2x critical hit. So what exactly does it get rid of? Of course when an opponent's QGJ hits Chewy, his taunt goes away....

1k power difference is nothing....
  • This forum is why I quit the game yesterday :) just saying.
  • Though this forum is FAR from innocent....it was a pretty **** move EA. should've told the people all the details, or non of it. Not half way, so I do PARTIALLY sympathise with the people
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Every time someone repeats the lie that the meta has changed from high speed and damage.

The force kills a youngling.

Please think of the younglings.

If you move up in speed, so go past Poe, that team doesn't have the one hit knock out ability to take down tanks that have >14k health. That build needed a heavy hitting FOTP and a Poe with high expose to get the 20% inst-drop in health. The health steal implemented also completely helps slower toons more than fast, because fast toons are stealing health in their first turns when they are full; they get no benefit as a result. The slow toons actually get to refill their health bar with their response attacks. DoT killing now also impacts the fast / lower health toons to a greater extent as the DoT has a greater relative impact on their total health. I've had multiple Jinn / GS, etc. die at the start of round 2 as they start to take their action.

I will believe it when I see it.

This approach already worked around 60% before the change

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8772/slow-dancing-with-poe-and-his-dps-minions-countering-poe-at-143-speed/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9732/slow-dancing-with-poe-follow-up/p1

After the change today I haven't lost to a version of these speed teams yet: 9-0 now. If teams pull Poe completely out of the equation it gets much easier since I'm not contending with the 20% expose right off the top, which on Kylo is >3k health. Additionally, now that speed is natural in order, Sid always gets his aoe hit off. I don't have to worry about Poe leading the entire battle, Sid getting meter yanked + exposed and then being killed before he moves. The AI doesn't focus fire well so a fast team with initiative may kill one toon by the time it's my turn. That's ok because the really fast toons that go beyond Poe have pretty modest health. Just a few aoe hits and they are dead or near dead. Round 2 they are now really in trouble because the round 1 DoT's from Sid are sitting on them and they are getting killed by the DoTs.

If I read this correctly you can win close to 100% against Poe and non Poe teams with just one team. And happy that an OP like Sid, the most used char in the game is non counterable. ChR with the best leadership abd that can land 5k per enemy max geared for 25k damage. I am glad you are happy! Great news for Arena.

Btw I have ALL the chars in this team of you at 7*. I just don't like CG Play God. They should the chars evolve and stop doing their miraculous instant char destructions. It's not prident nor wose nor fair nor correct...coming from someone that has Poe but also has you exact Winner Team as well. So coming from where I am tou can rest assured I am not in this position just because I won't be able to Excel. I just fundamentaly stopped believing after all this.

I think you didn't follow the context of the entire discussion I was having. The question was about the speed meta changing or not - essentially the other poster was arguing that now people will just use faster heroes than Poe and still just wipe everything away: Rey, GS/ Jinn lead, etc. My reply was the above test results vs. those kinds of teams with tankier heroes >14k health generally.

Who said Sid wasn't counterable? Never said that. He's very counterable.
  • My preference from CG communications would be:

1. Complete update notes
    2. No update notes
    10000 misleading update notes

The misleading update notes meant i spent thousands of crystals, hundreds of training droids and millions of credits that i would not have done if no or accurate update notes had been given

Thanks.

I agree and have said it many times. I hate fighting against the same team over and over and over again - which has been Poe so far and may possibly be QGJ in the near future. The game desperately needs a place for other 50-60 characters to be truly successful and enjoyable.

Looks like we share a common view. So why not stop bickering among ourselves when it is CG who is doing a head-scratching job at hero design and balancing? ;)

Well your repeated attempts to insist it was the right move go severely nerf poe along with introduction of new speed changes suggests otherwise

People have been clearly saying the nerf was unnecessary.

U admitted to competing well with your own team without poe so why need to nerf poe so severely.

Speed damage is killing diversity because tanks n slow toons are not competitive in arena. Reducing reliance on damage n speed would be good for diversity. Which u acknowledge.

And you say this speed change which makes it worse is good and u suggest we should just jump onto QGJ bandwagon???

You been actively dismissing genuine concerns and well thought out comments on why CG/EA did badly with this update n massive nerf with

"U just want poe I win rng meta to stay"

Which really makes me question your objectivity.

There was no need to massively nerf poe like barriss.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    This is post patch:

i6jt5j.png

I would say he still works fine
This discussion has been closed.