Two absolute useless features for most players... EA/Devs, please fix this!

YoYoYoda369
181 posts Member
edited February 2016
Let me put this out there first, and I'm not asking for any input on this matter (as my business is my own), but I would definitely be considered a whale. I imagine that I would be in the top .1% of all spenders in the game. Yes, I said top one-tenth of one percent.

Be that as it may, I sit here in attempts to voice an opinion not only for myself, but for players of all calibers.

This new update brings some significant changes to the current state of the game, and before that happened many promises were made that gave all players hope that the bonds would be loosened, not tightened. As it sits in its current form, I must say that I am disheartened by what I've seen. I understand that this game is in its infancy, but the direction it is going in seems to have taken two steps backwards.

Let me point directly at the shard shop as my first example-
It was my impression that this shop would allow players of all kinds to use their useless extra shards (which many were gained from opening Chromium packs) for an increase in character development.
I believe that this was not accomplished.
I am one of the few players who have every character (outside of Rex, Vader) at 7 stars. When I first opened the shard store, I was offered two shards of six different characters that I had, didn't need, and had no ability to refresh. Immediately shard shop had no use for me.
Others may not have the character inventory that I do, yet I know many who were in the very same position. Some weren't even heavy spenders...
If there is no change to what is offered in the shard shop, then it will eventually be another aspect of this game many will avoid. I mean, we will all eventually get a good portion of toons to 7 stars.
My suggestion- Add ability and gear materials. Allow a refresh. That minor change would suffice.

My next example is this credit and droid event-
Before this update, I could use 50 energy for 110k credits or a decent handful of training droids.
Now, I can't even net a guaranteed 1/6th these amounts. 24 energy for 8.4k credits?
How did this adjustment make any sense when it was discussed in the development round table? I understood that you would decrease the amounts due to lower energy costs and daily activation, but seriously? No one will use this as a means to net credits or droids, so another feature players will likely avoid.

Now, I feel it necessary to point out that these features are tied directly to increased character development. Without shards, droids, credits, or ability to fetch gear/ability materials, people will quickly become stagnant in character growth.

Please, Devs, I beg that you open the gates a just a smidgen.... if not, then expect many people to consider this game one that they play every now.and then....

I don't want it to come to that.

Replies

• Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    SNIP
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Well said. Good to see a top dog payer stating a lot of the things everyone is complaining about. It is you guys the devs will listen to, not the other 99% on this board.

Thank you.
  • Well said. Good to see a top dog payer stating a lot of the things everyone is complaining about. It is you guys the devs will listen to, not the other 99% on this board.

Thank you.
    99.9% don't you mean?.
  • You bring up a good point. Very valid. I noticed the new credit/training droid missions to be a step back, not forward. The shard shop as well. I don't have nearly the characters you have, but the past two days I have nothing to exchange for...not to mention the poor exchange rate. I've spent as well, prob $140 so far on the game. I don't mind spending here and there, but in general I think they are taking a bit of advantage on we Star Wars Fans. The Kylo Ren pack was a joke. I didn't spend on that one, but certainly price gouging.
  • padayaz
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Dario wrote: »
    SNIP
    Stopped reading after you wrote "Stop reading".
    [Moderator Note: Edited to remove moderated quote]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Lolz
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    padayaz wrote: »
    SNIP
    Stopped reading after you wrote "Stop reading".
    Touché
    Post edited by Afista on
  • It's like I said on one of my other posts; people will only spend money if they feel the return on investment is good; so while they may want people to spend more money for training droids the strategy will backfire imo
  • Stodie wrote: »
    It's like I said on one of my other posts; people will only spend money if they feel the return on investment is good; so while they may want people to spend more money for training droids the strategy will backfire imo

A good point...
    The incentive to spend money must apply to all players.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    The TL; DR is Shard Shop suvk, mining and training events suck
  • An excellent post. I'd like to offer my perspective. I have spent about 175 euros in the game. It became immediately apparent to me that the shard shop is NOT for me. I was hoping it'd be a means to turn the day's arena and GW tokens I can farm to shards of the chromium exclusive toons that I can't farm, or Vader. Clearly not the case... Sure some peeps have said they had two Vader shards as an option but it's no viable grinding method.

So my question is, if this system is not for the uber whales like the OP, not for my league either... Who's it for then??

Surely not the f2p...
  • This update = **** all paying customers. Thank you, come again! (EA)
  • +1
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I have 3 7* toons and 4 pending
    The shard shop
    The low ratio and the fact that in this short time, I've had my 3 7* toons offered in the shop, it makes the cromium packs an absolut no go for me, just the idea of pulling a 4* toon I've maxed, thats 80 converted into 3.2 shards, so the temptation of buying some extra crystals and try my luck, went out the window, the odds are just to poor now, they weren't good, but just good enough to lure me to spend a little extra.

The mining and droid event
    When the needed keycard, I used it as don't need the XP as I'm level 70, and the 110K could save me a little time, after the change I will only do them for the 1st time crytals, and thats it, in my opinion the made the events so poor in reward that they are just useless, as they requier level 50+, for at that level there are better ways to get the credits/training droids

Don't get me wrong I still love this game, but they had just made it so I will spend less on the game
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • One of the biggest issues with the shop is the daily one time refresh. If they got rid of that, at least the whales could dump their extra shards sometime before 2017.......LOL
  • Hey, but there's a $60 Jedi pack in the store! Get these Jedi redi! (for the Yoda event!)
  • YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    They wouldn't have to get rid of one a day refresh if they just offered more.... give me a shot at extra ability/gear mats and I'm ok...
  • Well written, kind sir. I can thoroughly appreciate that. Very valid points also.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    SNIP
    You missed the whole point of the thread
    Post edited by Afista on
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Agree with you on the credit and droid events, they definitely need some reworking, and since it was just rolled out, I will give them some time to accept feedback and make the changes they feel are appropriate.

As far as the shard shop goes, I like it so far. It may need a tweak or two, as far as exchange rates, and maybe a refresh once or twice a day. But when you spend lots of money to skip to the end game, there may be parts of the game that you are giving up in that process. If you have all characters at 7 stars, then there is no need for the shard shop. As far as ability mats and etc. go, I feel there are plenty other ways to get those, no need to put those in there.