Just faced poe in arena.

I decided to fight a poe team since he was triple nerfed recently. Poe still went second after Sid. He still taunted. He still exposed 3 of my team. And I still lost 2 characters before I attacked. I think he is doing ok.

Replies

• Who was your lead?
  • Poggle
  • Poggle

Might be the reason.
  • The reason for what?
  • Try with qgj as lead, paired with other jedis you can easily kill glass cannons before he taunts.. Just a thought why not try Poe with qgj lead
  • Because I don't run a jedi team. I'm trying to run some sort of synergy in my team, which is dumb since you can throw a resistance pilot, jedi healer, sith lord, first order force user, and first order captain together and be ranked in the top 20.
  • Poggle

Might be the reason.

That is definitely a ridiculous way to look at it.

Poe has been ever so slightly nerfed, and the game has been changed so that there are more counters to him. But having Poe still means you auto win against 90% of teams.

For people who don't already have a team built around a speed leader, they are still a long way from being able to get past the first round of a Poe battle.

Even with his tiny speed nerf, if you've got a couple of heroes faster than him it's not necessarily enough. Your Sid goes first, you scratch Poe, and he taunts and the same old cycle continues.

There shouldn't be certain individuals that require everyone to rework their teams JUST to counter him. Like OP says, you want teams that have synergy and work well together, not just stick a bunch of people behind Poe and sit back.

I still don't think Poe himself is the main problem, it's the whole life/damage/speed set up that's going on. But the way the game is at the moment, Poe is still broken.
  • I just tried with a full 6 and 7 star level 70 team led by QJG against a level 65 team led by Poe, and I had the same experience. It's actually the first time in arena I haven't beat a Poe led team...much less one 5 levels below me.

I will assume it was a one-off, but I'm far more leery now than I was before.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • I agree with that. It seemed like there was no change other than turn order. I'll try a few more poes today and see what happens. He is scaring me even more right now.
  • "Triple nerf" means nothing if all you do is -1% here, -1% there, -1% here. Surely things will be a bit different and likely for the better, but I would expect Poe to remain relevant to the meta for a while to come even in this state.
  • No wonder they didn't mention the speed nerf. I don't know if anyone would have noticed ANY of the poe nerfs if it wasn't released in the patch notes.
  • If people don't have the pieces to get decidedly faster than Poe (Jinn / GS / Rey, etc.) or to get decidedly tankier than the damage his teams can output, than they will still feel like nothing has changed. If you have moderate health overall and are still in the turn order with Poe or behind him, you're in essentially the same situation. He's still very deadly with the meter yank and taunt.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    If people don't have the pieces to get decidedly faster than Poe (Jinn / GS / Rey, etc.) or to get decidedly tankier than the damage his teams can output, than they will still feel like nothing has changed. If you have moderate health overall and are still in the turn order with Poe or behind him, you're in essentially the same situation. He's still very deadly with the meter yank and taunt.

Yepsky
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    He is doing ok
    i6jt5j.png

Maybe he is not the bedt possinle solution against all kind of teams regardless of composition anymore. But no other char was.