"Poe nerf" wasn't a nerf

Nutteralex
449 posts Member
edited February 2016
142 speed is still extremely fast, maybe you should look at things before jumping to conclusions. Poe will be as effective as before. The only think I can't speak for is his health nerf but I doubt it will make THAT much of a difference. Give it a few days and people will be asking for another nerf.

Replies

• I still have trouble facing him. Hardly feels like a change so far but havent been playing enough yet to really test.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I faced him, with a phasma led team. It didn't go well. He still went after the Sids and Dooku. It would have been better if I put QGJ in as lead at least I could have had a chance to take out one of the cannons before he went. He is still very powerful but now he has a counter. Good change in my opinion.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nutteralex wrote: »
    142 speed is still extremely fast, maybe you should look at things before jumping to conclusions. Poe will be as effective as before. The only think I can't speak for is his health nerf but I doubt it will make THAT much of a difference. Give it a few days and people will be asking for another nerf.

He will not be as effective as before. He was only needed for PVP, and only because the game was about burst dps. Hence, Poe was the only possible counter to ultra-dps-heavy PVP teams. Earlier, courtesy of Poe, you could potentially get rank 1 in arena as a f2p even against 7* chromium chars. Yes, 3 times out of 4 you would lose, but once in a while you could still win. Now, high-speed dps just wins - and that is not a f2p audience that has access to the best high-speed dps units.

Against many teams that consist of average of just good chars, Poe will still be effective. But against BEST chars, he has lost value in its entirety. For high-rank arena battles, he is no longer needed at all, whatsoever - as all the best dps are guaranteed to go before him.

Clearly, many f2p players continued to invest in Poe instead of QGJ - its the same shipment, and Poe was a must to even have a chance to compete in arena. It would be good if f2p players were provided with an option to trade their Poe for QGJ of the same star and gear level