EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Pretty sure that's it.. :\

Guess we'll have to wait for actual details from a post from the devs
  • No new game mode footage
  • Good luck gearing and starring Phoenix by then.

I know right? They didn't give FTP players any time to do this. Thrawn will be exclusive to whales this first go around.
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Gamezealot wrote: »
    He has a targeted cleanse on an empire ally.

He can also give his TM to an ally - not sure if just empire.

I believe they said Empire only.

Looked like the GoH part was pretaped. Sad that is.
  • jsm21
    24 posts Member
    Ljaat wrote: »
    A few other notes that were said..

Like R2 he's going to give the ability for Empire ONLY characters to cleanse themselves..

Event starts the 15th..

Will be able to give his TM to allies..

And when he gives TM to allies it sounded like they get some protection. We will see how this works under DN lead if that is just + max health, or +max health and health. My guess is just added max health whenever it happens
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    That was a LAME reveal. Almost zero gameplay and they didn't say anything about the new game mode.

Thrawn was pretty much what we thought he was gonna be.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I guess they'll talk about it in August
  • Agreed. I just get more and more disappointed every day
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Can't believe they dropped it outta nowhere...in 5 days :'(
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    No news about game content?
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Hrm. I heard nothing on a new mode of play. I was a bit underwhelmed by what they presented and how they presented it.

+1
  • PearlJam
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So no new content yet all other games teases new content. WTH EA that was so disappointing and lacked any thing that could get me excited for this game. Another epic Fail EA.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    No news about game content?

None at all
  • How many days will it run for?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    TayloRen wrote: »
    The live stream piece for Galaxy of Heroes was like 2 minutes long... I was expecting more news, footage, etc. is there something I'm missing or is that it?
    Yeah, was expecting some gameplay and talk about his kit too.

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    I guess (hope) EA sponsored youtubers are now going to release some footage of Thrawn in action. :)
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Man - they could have at least teased it, but nothing. In fact, their presentation was like some lame man-on-the-street interview that just said, "Thrawn is coming, here's a few words on his abilities, and his event will open on 6/15."

Hrm.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Weak reveal. Could've just sent a message. Tuned in for gameplay to see if he's worth me gearing up Phoenix right now.

Still don't know.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Yeah thumbs down on your EA play presentation devs. It was exactly one step above giving us nothing.
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    That was a LAME reveal. Almost zero gameplay and they didn't say anything about the new game mode.

Thrawn was pretty much what we thought he was gonna be.

Yep. Their first trailor didn't have audio, we got about three seconds of him in game and another trailor. The guy said excited about a million times and they cut to a Need For Speed trailor. Very little useful info.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    I'm F2P and I will have 5* G8 toons by the event.. You just have to put in the effort.
  • Mitchell_13
    201 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    nevermind
  • disappointing
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I will have 5* G8 toons by the event.. You just have to put in the effort.

Ill likely have 5stars by the time the event ends, but not g8 x.x
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Shows that EA really isn't that interested in GoH promotion. It felt pre-recorded and they didn't give any real details.

Did like how they said there is plenty of time to get Phoenix squad up so you can get Thrawn. They just forgot to mention that you need to throw money at them to do it.
  • After seeing that FTP won't have time to lvl PS to 5* by June 15th (or June 25 if it's open a week), at least it takes the pressure off to scramble and farm PS. I can keep my money and take my time now and focus on other toons.

Win-Win
  • I have to give it to CG - they never miss an opportunity to disappoint their fanbase! well done people! Well done! So he is great in raids? With 5 stars? yep - am looking forward to that!
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I guess (hope) EA sponsored youtubers are now going to release some footage of Thrawn in action. :)

I'm hoping for this as well.. would make that weak 2 minute thrawn reveal more justified
  • Beyond horrible EA. Epic Fail on your part. Presentation lacking, no new game content. Compared to other game updates at EA play this was the worst by far.