EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    That was a LAME reveal. Almost zero gameplay and they didn't say anything about the new game mode.

Thrawn was pretty much what we thought he was gonna be.

Yep. Their first trailor didn't have audio, we got about three seconds of him in game and another trailor. The guy said excited about a million times and they cut to a Need For Speed trailor. Very little useful info.

What's a trailor? Lmao
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I will have 5* G8 toons by the event.. You just have to put in the effort.

We know we know, not ft2 or dolphin alike will all share in your apparrently God like rng. Excellent response.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Man - they could have at least teased it, but nothing. In fact, their presentation was like some lame man-on-the-street interview that just said, "Thrawn is coming, here's a few words on his abilities, and his event will open on 6/15."

Hrm.

Lame??? That was the best reveal ever. /sarcasm
  • Its a good thing i switched to my phone quickly. But really that was disapointing.

Terrible timeframe to unlock a character with only newly farmable characters.

And no new content.

CG please step your game up.
  • oh and another thing: every time we think they hit the bottom they prove us all wrong!
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    PearlJam wrote: »
    Beyond horrible EA. Epic Fail on your part. Presentation lacking, no new game content. Compared to other game updates at EA play this was the worst by far.

giphy.gif
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Tatebomb wrote: »
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Hrm. I heard nothing on a new mode of play. I was a bit underwhelmed by what they presented and how they presented it.

+1

+2
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    any word of what do you need to unlock him?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yep sounds like he's great for raids according to them but they also said Tarkin was awesome and devastating so who knows. Most will have to wait for his 2nd come around before they can find out.
    Fahrius wrote: »
    any word of what do need to unlock him?

It is a Legandary Event requiring Phoenix Squad. 5* toon unlock 5* and so on.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yup still no update on the new game mode, **** teasing bas***s

Kozi's response to us complaining about no new game content:

"Hiya! What do you want from me?!"
    IMG_5928.png

"New game mode?"
    IMG_5920.png
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Just weak all around.

Uber disappointed in that "reveal."

Guess I'll save my resources because I have no idea how good Thrawn actually is.

Sad because this game is a huge money maker for EA yet they seem to not care about it or its players.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • It's all about the 7*... No one wants to run a 5* toon for the next 6 months.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I am FTP and already have Ezra at 5* (no packs or whatsoever). You get 10 shards per day of the characters so about a week is required to get them to 5*.
  • Very disappointing - the only thing we now know is Thrawn Event will be June 15th = use a lot of cash if you want a 7* Thrawn, No word about new content, Devs standing outside + talking about Thrawn a bit whilst all other Devs are showing gameplay (got no entrance tickets for it???)? Where is Thrawn gameplay, where is info about new content coming soon?
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I will have 5* G8 toons by the event.. You just have to put in the effort.

We know we know, not ft2 or dolphin alike will all share in your apparrently God like rng. Excellent response.

cool, that makes me feel a bit more special when i unlock thrawn ;)
    honestly though, you don't need godlike RNG.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • That had to be the worst update in the history of EA play for new releases and content.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

Lies. This is literally impossible for FTP by June 15th.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Kozi's response to us complaining about no new game content:

"Hiya! What do you want from me?!"
    IMG_5928.png

"New game mode?"
    IMG_5920.png
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Presentation was basically empty. Thrawn event starts the 15th and he has a complicated cleanse and tm kit that will make him bad in defense. That's it! Nothing about content at all.

Was holding out on changing play store rating until the announcements today, but I think devs get a firm 0 stars based in what they have done here. Not cool at all.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    So that 2 minute discussion was it? No gameplay? No info on new game mode? What.
  • BSwoody87 wrote: »
    After seeing that FTP won't have time to lvl PS to 5* by June 15th (or June 25 if it's open a week), at least it takes the pressure off to scramble and farm PS. I can keep my money and take my time now and focus on other toons.

Win-Win

That's not at all true.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Ea could not hit it's butt with both hands
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BSwoody87 wrote: »

check your math buddy, entirely possible.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Is this game being treated as an afterthought now?

Huh? No it's not. I haven't spent a dime on them and I expect to be there in 2 days. These are easy farms.

7 star I'm not getting close though.

• PearlJam wrote: »
    Beyond horrible EA. Epic Fail on your part. Presentation lacking, no new game content. Compared to other game updates at EA play this was the worst by far.

You know its bad when all streams cut off before this stuff.

It should have been in the middle of a show

I should be able to do it if the event runs for at least 5 days
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    It's all about the 7*... No one wants to run a 5* toon for the next 6 months.

Palpatine 5* was, arena-wise, still totally the bomb compared to "not having Palp". Of course he was better at 7* but shock, team-wide stun, excellent leader ability and team-wide buff were good enough.
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Does EA know Jesse & co. are at EA Play? Seems like they arrived, tried getting in but didn't have their passes, so set up a tent next to the place.