EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    lol they could have made a thread that was hardly a reveal
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Is this game being treated as an afterthought now?

It seemed that way honestly
  • nulami
    99 posts Member

Console is king. Mobile is afterthought.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Kitch wrote: »
    Does EA know Jesse & co. are at EA Play? Seems like they arrived, tried getting in but didn't have their passes, so set up a tent next to the place.
    Kelthuzad wrote: »
    Very disappointing - the only thing we now know is Thrawn Event will be June 15th = use a lot of cash if you want a 7* Thrawn, No word about new content, Devs standing outside + talking about Thrawn a bit whilst all other Devs are showing gameplay (got no entrance tickets for it???)? Where is Thrawn gameplay, where is info about new content coming soon?

Hilarious!!!!
  • Need some more specifics. That reveal was muddled and lackluster
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

Be sure to check out the live stream today over at https://www.ea.com/

The press conference starts at 12pm Pacific Time, with the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes portion beginning at 1:15pm Pacific Time. Be sure to tune in for a closer look at Grand Admiral Thrawn!

-Jesse

Key points:
    - legendary event June 15th
    - first Empire cleanse

You mean only points.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Faroer wrote: »
    Presentation was basically empty. Thrawn event starts the 15th and he has a complicated cleanse and tm kit that will make him bad in defense. That's it! Nothing about content at all

It does sound like he will be total garbage on defense.
  • nulami wrote: »

Mobile is more profitable.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    There was on screenshot with many stormtroppers + vader at the front. That was the new game mode maybe.
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Bet you struggled to list those key points...
  • MASSIVE disappointment
  • Yay they love this game so much! :D!!
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    What an epic fail. That might be the worst presenataion ive seen a a video game conference, especially after following battlefront 2.

I mean, the one 5 second video clip you had was Thrawn getting his TFP killed by Biggs. Come on man.
  • RGs_Thraken
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Kozi's response to us complaining about no new game content:

"What do you want from me?!"
    IMG_5928.png

"New game mode?"
    IMG_5920.png

lol
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Where is the rest of the info. The in game pop up said new game mode and we got nothing. I'm as big a Thrawn fanboi as there is but we NEED new actual content.
    Hey Everyone!

The press conference starts at 12pm Pacific Time, with the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes portion beginning at 1:15pm Pacific Time. Be sure to tune in for a closer look at Grand Admiral Thrawn!

-Jesse

Key points:
    - first Empire cleanse

Key points
    - Horrible presentation
    - approx 3 seconds of Thrawn in video
    - No new game content
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I will have 5* G8 toons by the event.. You just have to put in the effort.

Lies. This is literally impossible for FTP by June 15th.
    I'm free-to-play, already have 5* Ezra and Hera 4* 39/65 thanks to the double drops, everybody else at 4* except Sabine, who is 3* 29/30. Might not be able to get Sabine to 5* in time, depending on Guild Shop and hard node RNG, but everyone else should be easy. And getting anyone to G8 within two weeks is easy.
    Hey Everyone!

-Jesse

Key points:
    - first Empire cleanse

Those were literally the only points.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Kozi's response to us complaining about no new game content:

"What do you want from me?!"
    IMG_5928.png

"New game mode?"
    IMG_5920.png

Hiya
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    nulami wrote: »

Mobile is more profitable.

Then it is a simple matter of not wasting time speaking to the mobile community as they must believe the mobile gamer will throw money at them without being spoken to.

That, or they figured the mobile player wouldn't waste their time watching the stream.
  • First, I tuned in at 4:24 eastern because I lost track of time and heard them say "...so Thrawn is coming on June 15 and you have plenty of time to level Phoenix Squadron, now we're turning it over to the new Need for Speed..." (paraphrased).

No new game mode, nothing.

For what I've paid into this game, I could buy an above average gaming rig. I expected more than 4 minutes and a **** unimpressive video in your "not really E3 but actually E3 presentation".
  • The Chaze and GK with Rex and R2 meta was far to crazy, we hoped Grand Admiral Thrawn would bring an end to this nightmare, Bring balance to the force.

Turns out he has cleanse and turn meter abilities

My reaction: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING AN END TO THE CLEANSE META NOT JOIN THEM!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    For Thrawn reveal, why would you show NON Phoenix giving Empire a butt whoopin'? Your biggest profitable game and this is how you treat the community for this reveal? At least spend 15 min going over his gameplay and moves, and somehow tying it into Phoenix; you know, the toons we just spent hundreds on gearing up for < 2 weeks notice?!

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • False advertising too. We were told new content via this live stream
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Totally disappointed.

Let's see how long this thread will stay up...
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Battlefront 2 looked cool though
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    Lmao I love it when mods start posting memes..

The new game mode is going to be announced today, it was mentioned quite a few times that it's NOT the Flash Events.

I guess we'll see in a couple of hours. I am ready for a big disappointment, but hope dies last.

I am not surprised. People on this forum are pretty much the most ungrateful people in the entire world. Nothing makes them happy. Nothing satisfies them. But I understand them. They simply haven't played any other games to know what an actual disappointment and actual p2w is.

It's funny because it's true lol

megaman-lol-death-06082015.gif

lol That's awesome!
  • and you see the new game mode!
    its 6v5
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    What a debacle.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....