EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    The Chaze and GK with Rex and R2 meta was far to crazy, we hoped Grand Admiral Thrawn would bring an end to this nightmare, Bring balance to the force.

Turns out he has cleanse and turn meter abilities

My reaction: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING AN END TO THE CLEANSE META NOT JOIN THEM!

lol I know what he needed was an ability to proc on cleanse.
  • JinnNu
    71 posts Member
    Compared to battlefront 2, swgoh is like the red headed step child
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    He sounds like he'll involve complex decision making and will thus be weak on arena defense when controlled by the AI. He'll probably use one turn to raise an ally's TM from 99% to 100%, then his next turn to give Baze offense down, then his next turn to cleanse an Empire ally with one dot when there are others who are stunned.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    It even had its own 1:15 time slot on EA's site..for a whopping 2 minute discussion. I thought we were at least getting Thrawn skills/abilities and some gamplay. And then literally nothing about this new game mode. Incredibly underwhelming.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

Be sure to check out the live stream today over at https://www.ea.com/

The press conference starts at 12pm Pacific Time, with the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes portion beginning at 1:15pm Pacific Time. Be sure to tune in for a closer look at Grand Admiral Thrawn!

-Jesse

Key points:
    - legendary event June 15th
    - first Empire cleanse
  • That 15th date and your 7* PS squad, get to it.
  • JinnNu wrote: »
    Compared to battlefront 2, swgoh is like the red headed step child

LOL
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Looked like they got 3 minutes at the adult table. That's a shame. No new content. No Thrawn footage, no idea about his total kit other than some sort of tm manipulation and a cleanse.

But hey! We saw all sorts of Jedi Luke who's not even in the game.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So they can show pheonix squad later being beat by thrawn. And nothing changes other then the legendary character is still rebel fodder, but now thrawn is the pheonix counter.

Rofl.
  • Let's try this again:

The reveal was horrible, no good details about thrawn besides he's a cleanser, no mention of the new game mode.
  • How can I hold all this disappointment?
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    I approve of this post.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Looked like they got 3 minutes at the adult table. That's a shame. No new content. No Thrawn footage, no idea about his total kit other than some sort of tm manipulation and a cleanse.

But hey! We saw all sorts of Jedi Luke who's not even in the game.

They showed a 3 second video clip of Thrawn getting his ally TFP killed
  • For Thrawn reveal, why would you show NON Phoenix giving Empire a butt whoopin'? Your biggest profitable game and this is how you treat the community for this reveal? At least spend 15 min going over his gameplay and moves, and somehow tying it into Phoenix; you know, the toons we just spent hundreds on gearing up for < 2 weeks notice?!

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png
    Sorry but everyone's in the same boat, whale or not. ^_^
  • At least Battlefront 2 looked great !!!
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Do we even need a megatrhead? It's going to be 100% whining and the "reveal" was not really anything worth discussing because it was so minimal. Super disappointed I tuned in for that.
  • Looks like thrawn will do nothing to counter chaze
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Was that the actual presentation of just a promotional spot for the presentation? Lol! Wow..... Underwhelming
  • Battlefront 2 looks great
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Battlefront 2 looks great

Yay!

But that's not this game. GG EA.
  • I'm not quite sure they know the difference brweeen content and characters.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Yup still no update on the new game mode, **** teasing bas***s

Kozi's response to us complaining about no new game content:

"What do you want from me?!"
    IMG_5928.png

"New game mode?"
    IMG_5920.png
    Perfect! hahaha
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Not everyone spends hundreds on **** toons. So maybe replace the we with I ?
  • Thrawn will be the shtick that makes Empire great? Meta shift to EP, Vader, TFP, Shoretrooper, Thrawn?

Or EP, Vader, TFP, RG, Thrawn?

Maybe mix Stormtrooper, Imperial Super Commando and DT there somewhere for some odd combos.

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Comes out on 15th, so, g'luck if f2p
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

Be sure to check out the live stream today over at https://www.ea.com/

The press conference starts at 12pm Pacific Time, with the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes portion beginning at 1:15pm Pacific Time. Be sure to tune in for a closer look at Grand Admiral Thrawn!

-Jesse

Key points:
    - legendary event June 15th
    - first Empire cleanse

Key points?! Pretty much repeated those words the whole 5 minutes :wink::smiley:
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Not everyone spends hundreds on **** toons. So maybe replace the we with I ?

"We" is the correct usage of grammar. As is "asshat" for you.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Did anyone really expect to be wowed by anything they did today? Bad decision after bad decision for the heads in charge of this game.
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    The Livestream was a total disappointment
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Yup still no update on the new game mode, **** teasing bas***s

Kozi's response to us complaining about no new game content:

"What do you want from me?!"
    IMG_5928.png

"New game mode?"
    IMG_5920.png
    Perfect! hahaha

Digging Kozi's glasses though.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).