EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• I'm in firm belief that this game is slowing becoming an afterthought. New character after new character, but nothing to use them on! For those who have GK 7* (who are prolly some spenders) raids are pointless.
  • mas cutre y no nacen
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Wasn't there supposed to be some mention of a new take mode???
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Sooooo since we got next to nothing in that "reveal", are we at least getting a dev update with Thrawn's kit details? Still don't know if he's worth investing a boatload of resources into PS...
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Also, can we get some idea as to the gear level we should aim to have phoenix at for the event?
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Terrible.
    Almost entirely useless bits of incomplete info.

Can EA/CG be bothered to actually show us all of what Thrawn can do so we can either keep farming Phoenix or stop?

There's 5-days left!
    It's like a bad joke.
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    [/quote]Digging Kozi's glasses though.[/quote]

Reminded me of a bitter grade school teacher I had. Those are not flattering glasses.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Kelthuzad wrote: »
    Very disappointing - the only thing we now know is Thrawn Event will be June 15th = use a lot of cash if you want a 7* Thrawn, No word about new content, Devs standing outside + talking about Thrawn a bit whilst all other Devs are showing gameplay (got no entrance tickets for it???)? Where is Thrawn gameplay, where is info about new content coming soon?

7* Thrawn still way cheaper than when Baze, Krennic, and DT first came out if you want to try to "buy" him?

My Phoenix squad is coming along nicely to 5* already and I haven't spent a dime (or a pence) on them and don't plan to.

giphy.gif
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    That 15th date and your 7* PS squad, get to it.
    Well, Chopper, Kanan, and Zeb will be 7* by the 21st. Hera and Ezra will be somewhere around 50/100 towards 7*.
    So I'll probably unlock Thrawn at 6*. I could 7* by the 21st if I wanted to spend $20 on crystals. Or I could could spend the 31k saved Cantina credits, 24k arena credits, and various other shop currency to buy shards and buy about 70-80 of the 100 shards I'd be short in the shard shop, along with maybe $10 of crystals.

But honestly, I'll probably just be fine with a 6* Thrawn.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Guys, it was awesome. Did you saw the new content ??
  • Syrath wrote: »
    Yep sounds like he's great for raids according to them but they also said Tarkin was awesome and devastating so who knows. Most will have to wait for his 2nd come around before they can find out.
    Fahrius wrote: »
    any word of what do need to unlock him?

It is a Legandary Event requiring Phoenix Squad. 5* toon unlock 5* and so on.

I am sure that he will be great in raids at the 5* most f2p will be able to unlock, if that.
  • nulami wrote: »
    Is this game being treated as an afterthought now?

Console is king. Mobile is afterthought.

But the mobile game is king of profits...
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Just came here to write, that I am also disappointed. Didn't watch the stream, but apparently nothing new, except the Thrawn date and a hint on his abilities was revealed. That is just not cool, a forum post would have been good enough for that! Why even go to E3 and get a 3 minute slot at the EA press conference for that? Really not cool!
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    nulami wrote: »
    Is this game being treated as an afterthought now?

Console is king. Mobile is afterthought.

But the mobile game is king of profits...

And you saw how well they treated it in the live stream....
  • Zevox wrote: »
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I will have 5* G8 toons by the event.. You just have to put in the effort.

Lies. This is literally impossible for FTP by June 15th.
    I'm free-to-play, already have 5* Ezra and Hera 4* 39/65 thanks to the double drops, everybody else at 4* except Sabine, who is 3* 29/30. Might not be able to get Sabine to 5* in time, depending on Guild Shop and hard node RNG, but everyone else should be easy. And getting anyone to G8 within two weeks is easy.

Congratulations, you had great RNG. What is really your point?
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    For Thrawn reveal, why would you show NON Phoenix giving Empire a butt whoopin'? Your biggest profitable game and this is how you treat the community for this reveal? At least spend 15 min going over his gameplay and moves, and somehow tying it into Phoenix; you know, the toons we just spent hundreds on gearing up for < 2 weeks notice?!

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

Lol this is great. Also thought it was odd that the 3 seconds I'd Thrawn they decided to trade was 3 seconds of the Empire getting wrecked by rebels.
  • For the amount of money some spend on this game, I feel like we deserve better. We should be updated more frequently and given reasons for things happening for not happening. Just feel like the customers were belittled again
  • JJWZP5 wrote: »
    For Thrawn reveal, why would you show NON Phoenix giving Empire a butt whoopin'? Your biggest profitable game and this is how you treat the community for this reveal? At least spend 15 min going over his gameplay and moves, and somehow tying it into Phoenix; you know, the toons we just spent hundreds on gearing up for < 2 weeks notice?!

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

Lol this is great. Also thought it was odd that the 3 seconds I'd Thrawn they decided to trade was 3 seconds of the Empire getting wrecked by rebels.
    Disrespectful on an empire character reveal. Rebel love is strong.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    My wife expects more than "3 minutes" from me, so am I wrong for wanting more than 3 minutes from them when we're getting screwed?

lol.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Let's be real, that was a hot garbage "reveal."

Hot garbage.

We still don't know anything about Thrawn or if he's even worth it. Definitely didn't seem like a Chaze killer they way they reveal what he could do.

But again, we don't know because they didn't say anything. Didn't show us new game mode either.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    For the amount of money some spend on this game, I feel like we deserve better. We should be updated more frequently and given reasons for things happening for not happening. Just feel like the customers were belittled again
    +10000000000000000000

• Kinda funny the video they showed was thrawn team getting owned.
  • DruBacca
    119 posts Member
    For the amount of money some spend on this game, I feel like we deserve better. We should be updated more frequently and given reasons for things happening for not happening. Just feel like the cash cows were belittled again

Fixed that for ya
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Kinda funny the video they showed was thrawn team getting owned.

Because it probably will be. Didn't seem like he was a rebel killer at all.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Preview: Jedi Luke shown more than Thrawn. Ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...with all the trailer footage etc, Jedi Luke was definitely shown more! In the beginning when they first talk about the game they said you get to play with all of your favorite characters....I about yelled, "EXCEPT for Jedi Luke" and they show him more than the character reveal of Thrawn. Lol.

I guess they confirmed him as a cleanser (with only Empire) but was that really a mystery?
  • costahd
    134 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I have found more new about Grand Admiral Thrawn in this article

Grand Admiral Thrawn news! Update 10 June 201
    Live from EA Play Event!

* The Grand Admiral Thrawn event - where we will be able to get Admiral shards - will start on 15 June
    * Affiliation: Empire
    * Ability: Dispel (cleanse) himself and one other ally
    * Ability: Gain Turn Meter - other allies gain Turn Meter
    * Ability: Speed Down - in Raids will be Defence Down - for more details we will wait official confirmation
    * Ability: Ability Block

Source: starwarsgoheroes.blogspot.com/2017/06/grand-admiral-thrawn-news-update-10.html
  • Will AI do anything with him correctly on Defense?
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Syrath wrote: »
    Yep sounds like he's great for raids according to them but they also said Tarkin was awesome and devastating so who knows. Most will have to wait for his 2nd come around before they can find out.
    Fahrius wrote: »
    any word of what do need to unlock him?

It is a Legandary Event requiring Phoenix Squad. 5* toon unlock 5* and so on.

I am sure that he will be great in raids at the 5* most f2p will be able to unlock, if that.
    I'm except he can't be used in heroic raids at 5*. I don't think the target is for normal raids for most players but maybe I am wrong or I missed the sarcasm.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    DruBacca wrote: »
    For the amount of money some spend on this game, I feel like we deserve better. We should be updated more frequently and given reasons for things happening for not happening. Just feel like the cash cows were belittled again

Fixed that for ya

What did Battlefront Fans do to convince EA to let DICE make such an amazing looking game? Perhaps we can do the same.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • How about a new raid ? How about a guild vs guild ? How about a real time PvP ? How about new real content and not just adding toons after toons. I am paying for this game after all and I am expecting new and good content .