In all likelihood, Thrawn will not be viable

Prev13
And EA is smart enough to know that if we find out now, we will stop farming Phoenix...

Think about it, if Thrawn is that great, why would they be so secretive about his info? If he is OP and meta-changing, and we know he's here in 5 days, lots of people will drop resources and cash to max Phoenix.

The only logical explanation is that he stinks and EA doesn't want us to find out until it's too late and we've already farmed Phoenix.

Replies

• NicolBolas wrote: »
    And EA is smart enough to know that if we find out now, we will stop farming Phoenix...

Think about it, if Thrawn is that great, why would they be so secretive about his info? If he is OP and meta-changing, and we know he's here in 5 days, lots of people will drop resources and cash to max Phoenix.

The only logical explanation is that he stinks and EA doesn't want us to find out until it's too late and we've already farmed Phoenix.

You can farm pheonix to 5star with no money
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    It sounds like he will be good in raids. Per the dev in the video. He seemed excited about that part.

Who wants to use a 5* for the next 6 months?
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    We need to wait for the game changers to report from EA Play and see what they report in his kit. Although in all honesty at times they just embrace everything CG does without calling them on their malarkey like how awesome Tarkin is ect.

But to get him at 7* for the H Raids he's apparently great at will be a stretch for most.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »

^what he said
  • I disagree...i think less people will 7* him than R2, Yoda, and Ep this first time around. They know the difficulty the vast majority of the player base will face. I think it is because he will be great. If he was subpar, think gar, imperial trooper, Phoenix themselves, he would be an easy unlock or marquee event.

Clearly they value Sabine the most as she is the hardest Phoenix to get, yet you got chopper free. I think Ezra was put in cantina nod only as a conflict with Hera. I figured he would be fleet shipments/guild shop only like Maul.
  • which raids???...thrawn won't be available in the heroic raids. Makes no sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Great on offence, suck on defense..... the on going story of new toons with complicated kits.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member

Would you rather have no Thrawn for the next 6 months?
  • Winstar wrote: »

Why would you think that? Of course not. Would you rather have a 5* Thrawn or a 7* Thrawn? If Thrawn is so amazing in raids, why not show us what he can do so more people will strive to get him at 7*?
    Winstar wrote: »

Why would you think that? Of course not. Would you rather have a 5* Thrawn or a 7* Thrawn? If Thrawn is so amazing in raids, why not show us what he can do so more people will strive to get him at 7*?

We can go in a circle with your poor statement. So would you rather not have Thrawn at all?
  • Have to agree. When Thrawn was announced I had hopes that I could avoid dumping my Zader squad for rebels in the near future, but from the very minimal info given I doubt he would even be a viable replacement for anyone on my current squad.
  • (serious q) is there any particular reason why he's supposed to be good in raids?

Not in five days you can't
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Why does everyone think that Thrawn will have a "legendary" event? Like Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2? Thrawn cannot be compared to those iconic characters in the SW universe. That would be an insult to them. Possibly Thrawn will have a Marquee event with a bonus tier available only for Phoenix, to upgrade him to 4* maybe. And I definitely agree with the OP, I don't think that he'll be viable at all, just another, not so bad, but not effective against Chaze character.
  • Boreas wrote: »
    Why does everyone think that Thrawn will have a "legendary" event? Like Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2? Thrawn cannot be compared to those iconic characters in the SW universe. That would be an insult to them. Possibly Thrawn will have a Marquee event with a bonus tier available only for Phoenix, to upgrade him to 4* maybe. And I definitely agree with the OP, I don't think that he'll be viable at all, just another, not so bad, but not effective against Chaze character.

Ummm, because the said he would be......
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Boreas wrote: »

Because the developers already confirmed it'd be a legendary event a few days ago in the update thread.

I thought it was announced it was a legendary event?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    REM wrote: »

Because the developers already confirmed it'd be a legendary event a few days ago in the update thread.
    BSwoody87 wrote: »

Yeah guys, I just heard it also, but still I do think that it's not proper to compare him to those iconic characters, the shame is on devs.

Yeah guys, I just heard it also, but still I do think that it's not proper to compare him to those iconic characters, the shame is on devs.

Thrawn is iconic to a lot of Star Wars fans. His book trilogy is fantastic and he's one of the most cunning villains in Star Wars lore (and I don't care what Disney decided is canon).
  • BSwoody87 wrote: »

Thrawn is iconic to a lot of Star Wars fans. His book trilogy is fantastic and he's one of the most cunning villains in Star Wars lore (and I don't care what Disney decided is canon).

The majority of fans I can guaruntee have never heard of him.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2... you may be a Thrawn fan, there may be a lot of Thrawn fans, but that does make him comparable to those iconic characters. If you think he is, well, I have no words...
  • BSwoody87 wrote: »

The majority of fans I can guaruntee have never heard of him.

Huh...really? You have stats to prove this or you just talking out of your rear?
  • I refuse to waste resources on PS and it's gutless to force the community to waste resources on failed toons to get a big question mark.
  • NoahScape wrote: »
    I refuse to waste resources on PS and it's gutless to force the community to waste resources on failed toons to get a big question mark.

This

Not Iconic? are you kidding He almost destroyed the new republic after the second death star and death of the emperor if not for a backstab by his bodyguard, he was the emperor closesed ally next to vader, if you compare him to some droid who can hack some stuff and THE ONLY alien GRAND admiral EVER who single handedly whooped luke han and leia with his superior thinking and the whole new republic, he deserves that legendary event.
    Not enough? look at rebels, he killed the bendu, he whipped the rebels, he is such a badass you dont even know, if you consider thrawn bad you are not a star wars fan
  • NoahScape
    126 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    super
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    which raids???...thrawn won't be available in the heroic raids. Makes no sense.

Not every guild is doing heroic aat. In fact most are not.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

Not Iconic? are you kidding He almost destroyed the new republic after the second death star and death of the emperor if not for a backstab by his bodyguard, he was the emperor closesed ally next to vader, if you compare him to some droid who can hack some stuff and THE ONLY alien GRAND admiral EVER who single handedly whooped luke han and leia with his superior thinking and the whole new republic, he deserves that legendary event.
    Not enough? look at rebels, he killed the bendu, he whipped the rebels, he is such a badass you dont even know, if you consider thrawn bad you are not a star wars fan

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, and R2-D2, look for their place in the SW universe, think about their absence, then think about Thrawn's place, and his absence... you'll reach the answer...

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, and R2-D2, look for their place in the SW universe, think about their absence, then think about Thrawn's place, and his absence... you'll reach the answer...

Hey just because George Lucas wasn't smart enough to make sequels with him as the main antagonist doesn't mean he doesn't belong up there with Palpy
This discussion has been closed.