The truth about Poe & the update

JoshG
908 posts Member
edited February 2016
Let me start by saying my flame shields are up so take ur best shot. But the truth is, the end result of this update is GOOD for the game. Higher speed goes first, no more 6 way tie leaving the result to chance. No doubt this was handled poorly, but looking to the future I can see tons of new strategy becoming viable. The days of the Poe vs Poe coin flip is over and personally I couldn't be happier. Flame away...

Edit: Thanks @EA_Jesse and the rest of the team. This is a step in the right direction bro.

Replies

• I love the change - sorry, no flame
  • I agree the change is good for the game, but it was handled extremely poorly. If we had been given notice of this impending change, we could have planned accordingly.

Personally I would have loved to have known a month or so back, because I would have theorised and come to the conclusion that a droid team would become untenable in the high ranks of arena.
  • The change is ok. It is not goood because it further pushes speed and damage meta.

The misleading update notes are why i am angry.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    No flame here either. Was nice to take Poe out of my team for other toons, but he's still good
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Any time ONE character has that much impact on the "end game" something needs to be done. Poe is now in line with where he should be. He will still be used, he is still fast, you just cant cheese your way through matches with 4 "glass" cannons hiding behind eeyore's taunt and enemy speed reduction anymore.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I completely agree. the speed nerf was needed and the speed changes are fine. but releasing "patch notes" that detail how Poe is going to be nerfed and then stealth nerfing him in the hardest way possible after people continue to spend a very slow generating resource on him is just a kick in the teeth.
  • love this update. poe still working in some team, but not as cheating as he was, now more different team mixed more toons could be use. not just poe vs poe
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Let me start by saying my flame shields are up so take ur best shot. But the truth is, the end result of this update is GOOD for the game. Higher speed goes first, no more 6 way tie leaving the result to chance. No doubt this was handled poorly, but looking to the future I can see tons of new strategy becoming viable. The days of the Poe vs Poe coin flip is over and personally I couldn't be happier. Flame away...

Edit: Thanks @EA_Jesse and the rest of the team. This is a step in the right direction bro.

It could be a step in the right direction if f2p got another elite unit in exchange. Many f2p put resources and time into Poe in order to counter p2w, as at that time it was the best alternative.

Now f2p lost their top char, while p2w audience still have elite troops readily available.

Earlier, it was Poe + Leya + QGJ + Rey vs Poe + Sid + Lumi + resistance pilot, let's say. Now, just delete Poe from both sides of the equation and see what it means.

For p2w vs p2w, now it will be much more diverse and fun. For f2p vs f2p, also. But f2p vs p2w no longer exists at all
  • TayLord wrote: »
    I completely agree. the speed nerf was needed and the speed changes are fine. but releasing "patch notes" that detail how Poe is going to be nerfed and then stealth nerfing him in the hardest way possible after people continue to spend a very slow generating resource on him is just a kick in the teeth.

How was he stealth nerfed?
  • Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    JoshG wrote: »

It could be a step in the right direction if f2p got another elite unit in exchange

We did. We just got QJC/Yoda and others are on the way no doubt.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    TayLord wrote: »
    I completely agree. the speed nerf was needed and the speed changes are fine. but releasing "patch notes" that detail how Poe is going to be nerfed and then stealth nerfing him in the hardest way possible after people continue to spend a very slow generating resource on him is just a kick in the teeth.

Check out the sticky on "speed changes and Poe".
  • Love this update and this speed change. This is how it should have been from the beginning.
  • I think most people will agree with the OP. Continued change is good. A lot tougher for F2Ps but extend the life of the game for all.
  • I love the speed system change. I suggested the 142 speed several times. I only took issue with the misinformation. I'd have saved $100 on crystals and many arena and GW tokens had they stated this out of the gate. I was very rapidly building a droid team to try out, given the new change they are not viable really in arena due to slow speed and low HP.

I love the speed change though. Much more fun.
  • I love the speed system change. I suggested the 142 speed several times. I only took issue with the misinformation. I'd have saved $100 on crystals and many arena and GW tokens had they stated this out of the gate. I was very rapidly building a droid team to try out, given the new change they are not viable really in arena due to slow speed and low HP.

I haven't really looked into this, but would droids be viable with Lobot as leader?
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

It could be a step in the right direction if f2p got another elite unit in exchange

P2w did. F2p will require a lot of time to get 5 Jedis to 7* - p2w already have or are close to. The gap has widened, although was wide enough already. F2p don't have 5 Jedi at high level, as there were no need to farm that many Jedi before, and resources were limited. While those who have Leia, QGJ, obi wan etc on 7*, have everything else on 7* too. Still, earlier it was possible to counter them, now it is not, and they will get Yoda today, while f2p - maybe in a month

They are still viable and probably still the best f2p team that can be farmed (no cantina shipment characters). Tho they are not as good as before.

pay2win wrote: »

I've read it but how does it effect only Poe?
  • Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

P2w did. F2p will require a lot of time to get 5 Jedis to 7* - p2w already have or are close to. The gap has widened, although was wide enough already. F2p don't have 5 Jedi at high level, as there were no need to farm that many Jedi before, and resources were limited. While those who have Leia, QGJ, obi wan etc on 7*, have everything else on 7* too. Still, earlier it was possible to counter them, now it is not, and they will get Yoda today, while f2p - maybe in a month

I am mostly f2p outside of a couple worthless chrome pulls and the daily crystal shipment so >$60. I did the math last nite and I will have my 7* Yoda in 30 days (assuming the challenge runs one week and comes back in 3 weeks). I don't see the problem here. Guys who spend literally thousands should have an advantage or at least a head start. The enjoyment I get from these games comes from beating the whales without spending the money. If it takes mean extra month or two I'm fine with that. U realize if they gave us unlimited access to everything in the game on day one how incredibly bored we would be?
    pay2win wrote: »

I've read it but how does it effect only Poe?

It doesn't effect only Poe, but they changes they made are nothing like the "pre update" notes we recieved last week. This is mainly what everyone is hacked-off about, and rightfully so.
  • Someone tell me how the meta has opened up??

Speed damage is everything now.

QGJ at lvl 80 will make it worse.

Droids were viable with Poe.

Now it's pretty much GG

What new meta are people talking about???
  • New meta is whose QGJ Dooku Han GS or Leia goes first
  • Arora50 wrote: »
    New meta is whose QGJ Dooku Han GS or Leia goes first

That's simple. Dooku goes first.
    Arora50 wrote: »
    New meta is whose QGJ Dooku Han GS or Leia goes first

That's simple. Dooku goes first.

Nope its leia and hoth scout with ackbar lead.
  • Webbie
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I would say most people agree the change is good, it was the info beforehand that's the issue. When a dev makes a specific post saying this person's speed is not being changed then the update not only changes his speed but reworks the entire system so his speed is no longer top tier is where I have a problem.

Everyone expected a nerf until jesse said "no nerf that effects anyone".
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Someone tell me how the meta has opened up??

Speed damage is everything now.

QGJ at lvl 80 will make it worse.

Droids were viable with Poe.

Now it's pretty much GG

What new meta are people talking about???

This update will bring tons of new options which were previously just not viable. The days seeing the exact same 8-9 characters in every team are over. Plus the ability to see your opponent adds a deeper level of strategy once people begin to strengthen their rosters.