EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Straight garbage behavior by EA.

This game easily makes the most money of any game for them. Not even close.

That "reveal" was garbage. They hyped it up. They hyped up Thrawn right before they introduced him, and showed NOTHING. Said NOTHING.

Pretty much a big FU to the community.

And based on what I saw, and the little they said, Thrawn is NOT a rebel killer. Definitely not a Chaze killer.

Note to EA/CG: Don't "reveal" a character like this again. A simple message in-game will suffice.

Props on Battlefront 2, though.

Would have been happier with a good Jango, eh? :lol:
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • gorjdesign wrote: »
    At the EA conference they've presented their new logo. 2l9towo.jpg

Can this logo best chaze tho

Nothing can beat Chaze...not even Thrawn.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Since Thrawn was already revealed a couple days ago, I figured the character reveal today would be Luke. Guess not.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Straight garbage behavior by EA.

This game easily makes the most money of any game for them. Not even close.

That "reveal" was garbage. They hyped it up. They hyped up Thrawn right before they introduced him, and showed NOTHING. Said NOTHING.

Pretty much a big FU to the community.

And based on what I saw, and the little they said, Thrawn is NOT a rebel killer. Definitely not a Chaze killer.

Note to EA/CG: Don't "reveal" a character like this again. A simple message in-game will suffice.

Props on Battlefront 2, though.

Yeah it looks like he's going to be just another dark side tackling dummy for the triple cleanse. Might help against Maul teams... now that they're fading quickly from relevance.

One more character whose debuffs won't stick! THAT'S SO EXCITING GUYS.
  • TayloRen wrote: »
    Since Thrawn was already revealed a couple days ago, I figured the character reveal today would be Luke. Guess not.

Funny thing is, Jedi Luke got more screen time than Thrawn did. Lol
  • They merged the Megathread into my thread.

Instead of merging my thread into the megathread.

All the posts are still there so im sure they will be back

So they did the opposite of what they should've? Like when they showed rebels wrecking Thrawn in the Thrawn character reveal?
    Hahahaahaha
  • Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.

AKA, the game changers get canned footage of him being OP which makes everyone rush for Phoenix and then once we get him he's either A: Broken or B: Not as good.

Fulcrum, anyone?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.

Who even cares anymore honestly. They have along way to go to make up for this debacle.
  • Mitchell_13
    201 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So it takes the entire community speaking their minds just to see a character? Good to know

Yeah they already killed the hype.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    can we just forget the Thrawn abilities for a moment?!? They will show them tomorrow, and the character will come in 5 days, great. But what about the NEW GAME MODE?
  • They merged the Megathread into my thread.

Instead of merging my thread into the megathread.

All the posts are still there so im sure they will be back

So they did the opposite of what they should've? Like when they showed rebels wrecking Thrawn in the Thrawn character reveal?

You deserve a cookie.

Chocolate chip please. None of that oatmeal raisin tomfoolery

Yeah, not good enough. But I guess that's something. Too bad double drops will be over tomorrow and we still don't know if it's worth it to farm Phoenix for him.
  • And what about the game mode?

Complete asshattery was afoot with this reveal.

There can't be one SWGOH player that was happy with that nonsense.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.

Yeah, not good enough. But I guess that's something. Too bad double drops will be over tomorrow and we still don't know if it's worth it to farm Phoenix for him.

Exactly. We want to know the kit NOW. Surely the Devs have some time for a response to all the complaints, they seem to be outside in a trailer separate from all the fun at the event.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    That was a pathetic reveal way to get us all worked up over nothing . He just stood there his aoe in pve didn't even do any damage in pve come on. Battlefront 2 and battlefield 1 epic reveals in a theatre with many excited people in crowd. Thrawn reveal the toon that's supposed to bring balance back into game revealed behind theatre by the dumpsters from what I seen just toss him in dumpster. Epic fail community deserves a apology
  • pac0naut wrote: »

AKA, the game changers get canned footage of him being OP which makes everyone rush for Phoenix and then once we get him he's either A: Broken or B: Not as good.

Fulcrum, anyone?
    Well, if you were marketing, I supposed you'd try to find the best, shiniest clips you could get...

Still, bit early to know his actual performance in practice.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »

Fulcrum, anyone?
    Well, if you were marketing, I supposed you'd try to find the best, shiniest clips you could get...

I don't disagree with you, expect for the fact that what was shown with Fulcrum was a controlled environment and not as advertised. I guess they gotta recoup the bath they took on Phoenix.

Fool me once....

EDIT - also, from a marketing and branding perspective, there's this thing called good will and trust. That's really out the window now.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member

Fulcrum, anyone?

Someone should be fired after that presentation that was beyond terrible . Who wants to buy that after seeing who in there right mind would waste resources leveling up Phoenix after a video of him standing there in pve did a aoe in pve did no damage . Hopefully it's a reverse of the fulcrum videos we seen before release she one shotted a baze full health and protection and does squat after release lol. Very dissapointed player here
  • +1000 and it must be @EA_Jesse
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    As a fan of the work of yours I was really disappointed with only 2 minutes data to you at the conference.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Jabba wrote: »

Fulcrum, anyone?

Someone should be fired after that presentation that was beyond terrible . Who wants to buy that after seeing who in there right mind would waste resources leveling up Phoenix after a video of him standing there in pve did a aoe in pve did no damage . Hopefully it's a reverse of the fulcrum videos we seen before release she one shotted a baze full health and protection and does squat after release lol. Very dissapointed player here

Fired? Nah. I sort of feel bad for the three of them. Let me elaborate....

So, for those who said the whales AREN'T dead and people are spending money hand over fist and blah blah blah, please compare the amount of time EA gave Kozi, NRAJ and Jesse for this "reveal". They got 3 minutes at the adult table. Poor NRAJ looked like he wasn't sure WHAT to say and how much he SHOULD say. That's terrible. EA said they were giving an hour for Star Wars talk and CG got 3 whole MINUTES. That's it. The majority of their presentation went to BF2. I really wonder which makes them more money per month....BF or SWGOH.

EA's presentation of the game shows where their interest lies. CG got the scraps at this event and I know they work hard and deserved better. We ALL deserved better.
  • pac0naut wrote: »

Fulcrum, anyone?

I don't disagree with you, expect for the fact that what was shown with Fulcrum was a controlled environment and not as advertised. I guess they gotta recoup the bath they took on Phoenix.

Fool me once....

EDIT - also, from a marketing and branding perspective, there's this thing called good will and trust. That's really out the window now.
    Pretty much this.
  • Jabba wrote: »
    That was a pathetic reveal way to get us all worked up over nothing . He just stood there his aoe in pve didn't even do any damage in pve come on. Battlefront 2 and battlefield 1 epic reveals in a theatre with many excited people in crowd. Thrawn reveal the toon that's supposed to bring balance back into game revealed behind theatre by the dumpsters from what I seen just toss him in dumpster. Epic fail community deserves a apology

+1
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member

Fulcrum, anyone?

Fool me once....

Pretty much this.

Did we just agree on something?

*HIGH FIVE*

• So they did the opposite of what they should've? Like when they showed rebels wrecking Thrawn in the Thrawn character reveal?

Exactly, great presentation of how good is having Thrawn at your squad!! :D

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

• Wow i actually know less now lol.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    At least battlefront looked fantastic!