Thrawn: Gameplay coming within 48 hours!

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    bolobaby wrote: »
    There will be gameplay available within 48 hours. We can expect awesome things from Thrawn. More can't be disclosed at this time, but a vast majority (those who have Phoenix at 5* and above) will be happy in short time. You can start taking your panties out of the wads you put them in.

@SnakesOnAPlane - Thanks for the update. I trust your information.

The funny thing is, I'm not really a dark side player (or light side, for that matter), so I'm not super jazzed about Thrawn, BUT...

I'm gonna have him, probably at 7*, totally FTP. That'll REALLY get some folks' panties in a wad. I may even idle him at level 1 in my inventory for a while too, which is likely to cause heads to explode.

I just have to ask, totally ftp? Best you could have done was 15/30 from the evebts, how many hundreds of thousands of shard shop currency did you have banked? And how many refreshes in the shard shop? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's the only way possible they are all 7* without spending any $$$
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Gabriel710 wrote: »
    This might be asking to much, but do you know if there will be a big difference between 5* and 6* Thrawn? I'm a ftp and reaching 5* is a piece of cake, but 6* will require a ton of resources
    That entirely depend on his kit. If he's more support, then the star rating makes little difference. If he's going to be an attacker, then the star rating will definitely affect his attack power.
    Based on the little information we know, though, he sounds more like a support, so he should be viable at 5* or 6*, just not in high end raids.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • CleverWes wrote: »
    I do find it a bit odd that many got so distraught about being "surprised" at Phoenix being the required faction when there has been spot on information for several weeks now that Thrawn would require them (in various postings here, YT, Reddit, etc). I also understand the concerns folks have with how Phoenix was just barged in so quickly in such a short time span before the event. With that said, most all events have been like this; they cater to the whales. F2P always have an easier chance the 2nd time around. The game will always be like this.

I'll disagree with the first part - I've not seen spot on information for weeks on the boards. I've seen a bunch of wild speculation that most was wrong on.

I'll totally agree with the second point. It's catered to whales as it should be. Realistically, if you're not willing to spend, you shouldn't expect to get stuff maxed the first time through.

Maybe I've spoiled myself since the information I had was solid gold on FATz and Thrawn/Phoenix. The only thing it was off on was the start dates for each (by just several days, however).

SnakesOnAPlane
  • EA says Artist of War and manipulation of TM which is cool but what about his crippling blow kind of a thing, cause he defeated rebels on ryloth, base on Atollon got wiped out. I expect this kind of a character, not just strategic but devestator type as well
  • @SnakesOnAPlane This seems like an big nothing burger of information. I'm already full from the nothing burger this morning, thanks though.
  • EA says Artist of War and manipulation of TM which is cool but what about his crippling blow kind of a thing, cause he defeated rebels on ryloth, base on Atollon got wiped out. I expect this kind of a character, not just strategic but devestator type as well

I'm mostly expecting that, too. Kind of like how Executrix gives the devastating flyover attack that generally wipes out the enemies, or close to it, yet it takes a bit to work up to it, and one's Offense can be near peril beforehand.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Tatebomb wrote: »
    EA killed the enthusiasm about Thrawn sorry. And I'm a Thrawn fanboy.

You'll likely change your toon (see what I did there?) in due time. ;)

Due time would've been not dropping the news we have to use an irrelevant squad a week and a half before the event and giving more info during the "reveal" you teased for a week. I think the skepticism will justly hang around until a while into him being used now.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    I just have to ask, totally ftp? Best you could have done was 15/30 from the evebts, how many hundreds of thousands of shard shop currency did you have banked? And how many refreshes in the shard shop? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's the only way possible they are all 7* without spending any $$$
    No, it's entirely possible with F2P. Not as likely, seeing that the start date is 6/15, but doable. I should have four 7* and one 6* by the time the event is over on the 22nd. And depending on how often Ezra shows up in the fleet shop, I'd be able to spend the saved Cantina credits, Arena tokens, and GW tokens to get enough Shard Shop currency to buy the remaining shards I'd need to get the rest of the way to my last 7*.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I'm interested in seeing his kit. I'm working on Phoenix mainly because I have no excuse not to. There's no one I'm really working on or anyone that's priority for me so why not? But my Empire team is lacking quite a bit so I'm not sure if Thrawn will really get any use any time soon. If he mainly synergizes with Empire that is as speculated.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Tatebomb wrote: »

Due time would've been not dropping the news we have to use an irrelevant squad a week and a half before the event and giving more info during the "reveal" you teased for a week. I think the skepticism will justly hang around until a while into him being used now.

You'll still live. Folks need to learn to expect the unexpected, and start thinking outside of their box. Did they really believe Thrawn wouldn't require Phoenix? EA played their hand near openly with everyone, yet the majority just stayed closed minded for months now.

SnakesOnAPlane

I'm mostly expecting that, too. Kind of like how Executrix gives the devastating flyover attack that generally wipes out the enemies, or close to it, yet it takes a bit to work up to it, and one's Offense can be near peril beforehand.

Exactly but look at it this way we have Darth Nihilus who anhilates a target enemy, which is awesome. Now Picture thrawn this way but for Rebels not for a Rebel
  • Not sure if he will be awesome or big disappointment, Phoenix was so hyped before released, people were crying a river saying how OP they were, after release everyone laughed and thank God for not spending on them. As f2p I'll work my way on 5* Phoenix gear 7 and hope for a 5* thrawn. If worth it, keep working for a 7* on about 6 months, if similar to emperor. Thanks for the info.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member

You'll still live. Folks need to learn to expect the unexpected, and start thinking outside of their box. Did they really believe Thrawn wouldn't require Phoenix? EA played their hand near openly with everyone, yet the majority just stayed closed minded for months now.

Yes we should have expected the unexpected however when they werent farmable until a week before we needed them it really raises more questions that dont agree with you
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    No, it's entirely possible with F2P. Not as likely, seeing that the start date is 6/15, but doable. I should have four 7* and one 6* by the time the event is over on the 22nd. And depending on how often Ezra shows up in the fleet shop, I'd be able to spend the saved Cantina credits, Arena tokens, and GW tokens to get enough Shard Shop currency to buy the remaining shards I'd need to get the rest of the way to my last 7*.

Then you either saved crystals for a LONG time, to pay for refreshes and such, and were already farming them before. No everyday f2p player will have an entire squad and 6 star and maybe not even 5 without paying money out. That includes refreshes and crystal shipments.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    There will be gameplay available within 48 hours. We can expect awesome things from Thrawn. More can't be disclosed at this time, but a vast majority (those who have Phoenix at 5* and above) will be happy in short time. You can start taking your panties out of the wads you put them in.

The funny thing is, I'm not really a dark side player (or light side, for that matter), so I'm not super jazzed about Thrawn, BUT...

I'm gonna have him, probably at 7*, totally FTP. That'll REALLY get some folks' panties in a wad. I may even idle him at level 1 in my inventory for a while too, which is likely to cause heads to explode.

Actually if you have SOME points saved up in gw shop, cantina shop, and arena shop, then you can Make 4 trades per day which will get 20'shards per day and easily 7* the 3 toons there. THEN If you used all 3 refreshes each day on Hera in cantina, that's about 40 shards per day for her on average during double drops, and 20 per day after double drops, so you'll 7* her before the event and start farming Ezra. Assuming Ezra shows up in the fleet store once per day on average, then you'd need a just few thousand Shard Shop to finish him at 7*. Not impossible at all for FTP.

• wrote: »

Lol at ezra appearing once everyday. I've yet to see him there. But yes, 7* is totally possible if rng doesn't betray you and if you don't need sabine to complete the event
  • Riffinator wrote: »

Yes we should have expected the unexpected however when they werent farmable until a week before we needed them it really raises more questions that dont agree with you

Again, first time legendary events are ALWAYS catered to whales. R2 was about the only exception. F2P is the super minority on these first time events and that should be expected.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Not sure if he will be awesome or big disappointment, Phoenix was so hyped before released, people were crying a river saying how OP they were, after release everyone laughed and thank God for not spending on them. As f2p I'll work my way on 5* Phoenix gear 7 and hope for a 5* thrawn. If worth it, keep working for a 7* on about 6 months, if similar to emperor. Thanks for the info.

I'll be happy If get to 5* :(
  • VectorPrime
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    If thrawn is a big let down then............................ :'(
  • bolobaby wrote: »

Wow! I am super impressed. Do you mind giving folks some information on how you managed it all as a F2P? It can help them strategy wise in the future.

If he's been farming them hard since they first appeared he can be past 5* for most of the toons already. So 185 shards or so per toon over the next ten days. It's doable if you leave out Sabine, have a bunch of all shop currencies saved up, and spend thousands of hoarded free crystals on cantina refreshes.

Of course if you miss more than a few shop refreshes you would have to spend crystals on that too, but it is just possible for a FTP who does well in arena and has been carefully hoarding resources for that long awaited day when Phoenix squad would be farmable.
  • Faroer wrote: »

Actually if you have SOME points saved up in gw shop, cantina shop, and arena shop, then you can Make 4 trades per day which will get 20'shards per day and easily 7* the 3 toons there. THEN If you used all 3 refreshes each day on Hera in cantina, that's about 40 shards per day for her on average during double drops, and 20 per day after double drops, so you'll 7* her before the event and start farming Ezra. Assuming Ezra shows up in the fleet store once per day on average, then you'd need a just few thousand Shard Shop to finish him at 7*. Not impossible at all for FTP.

That's called "strategy", which many F2P don't apply.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

Again, first time legendary events are ALWAYS catered to whales. R2 was about the only exception. F2P is the super minority on these first time events and that should be expected.

Right however you could have had five stared the requirements for the other legionary events before they were announced but they made them farmable and announced thrawn pretty much at the same time
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Tatebomb wrote: »

How did they play their hand? They literally did not give us anything until last week with that single screen shot. And why wouldn't it make since for it to be rebels as a whole as well? They chose a group that hardly anyone uses and then dropped it on them with short notice. Some common sense would say give players more time to even be able to unlock him. I'm gonna end up spending crystals on Sabine to get her to 5 star just so I can unlock him. No one's asking for enough time to get their squad 7 stars but a week and a half isn't gonna be enough for a lot of people. They handled this very poorly and there's no way around that. The amount of threads with the same common complaints show that.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    wrote: »

Lol at ezra appearing once everyday. I've yet to see him there. But yes, 7* is totally possible if rng doesn't betray you and if you don't need sabine to complete the event

I had Ezra in fleet twice the first day once the second day and none today the third day. Instead I had SRP every refresh today, Over time it will average out, there will be days where it is Ezra every refresh during one day. And other days where he doesn't appear at all. Should average out to once per day over the long haul because only srp and Rex also show on that node (I think, might be wrong but pretty sure it's only those 2 others)
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    @SnakesOnAPlane - here's a theorycrafted team that I think Thrawn is the missing piece to:

Veers DT SnowT Shore Thrawn

What do you think?
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member

Wow! I am super impressed. Do you mind giving folks some information on how you managed it all as a F2P? It can help them strategy wise in the future.

@SnakesOnAPlane

Well, as I've posted in other threads on the forum, I actually planned for this. Not THIS specifically... I got lucky.

Once Phoenix was released, and I saw everyone hating on them, I decided that I would work on them as a side project. I realized that no one would chase them and - if they ever became useful (ahem, Nute Gunray) - I would have a sudden edge.

So, I built them all up to Level 84 and Gear 8 prior to any of this happening. Meanwhile, I knew the time for farming them was drawing nigh, so I started saving creds in every store across the board. I saved just over 10k Guild, Arena, Cantina, and GW creds. Only 5k in Fleet because I kept spending creds on stuff in that shop. (It's temptation hell there.)

I'm top 50 in Arena, so I get 150 crystals a day on top of the normal crystals for activities, so I saved some of those up, too. I'll use them for refreshes if I need to.

I'm pretty sure I can make it, depending on the length of the Event. I will be slightly annoyed if the Thrawn event expires BEFORE Rise Up. That would make NO sense. As long as that doesn't happen, I think I have time.

My Phoenix shard counts currently stand at 6/85, 15/85, 45/65, 45/65, 40/65, and 9/65. I think we all can guess who the 9/65 is!

(Full disclosure - I have bought crystals in the past... $20 chest on my birthday... and the 21 day crystal pack. I also bought the $10 packs for Ghost and Phantom when Phoenix came out because I wanted to use them in my Fleet. Ghost is great, btw. The only other expenditure I've had in this game is the $10 Fulcrum pack. So, when it comes to Thrawn, I count this as basically FTP because none of those expenditures are relevant.)

That's called "strategy", which many F2P don't apply.

Well, sounds like a lot of investment on "unwanted" toons to get a toon that noone knows the kit, not to mention the gear. Don't remember if Yoda, emperor and r2 had that short noticed before the event. More time would be nice.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member

How much does CG pay you to make threads? :)
    wrote: »

I had Ezra in fleet twice the first day once the second day and none today the third day. Instead I had SRP every refresh today, Over time it will average out, there will be days where it is Ezra every refresh during one day. And other days where he doesn't appear at all. Should average out to once per day over the long haul because only srp and Rex also show on that node (I think, might be wrong but pretty sure it's only those 2 others)

I guess you're right. Thanks, I didn't know in which spot he appears. I'll gladly wait for him, and that's why I concentrate on hera on cantina the most (still have them both at 5*)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Judging by the kit that i read about he will be a support. His kit doesnt sound like an attacker kit.