EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Alright props on whoever put together the cinematic trailer that thing is a work of art! On the flip side, who put out the time to actually do this instead of working on actual ingame content. I'm frustrated, excited and confused. send help
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    As a fan of the work of yours I was really disappointed with only 2 minutes data to you at the conference.

I actually thought that @CG_NotReallyAJedi did a great job for the 30 seconds he got to talk. He seemed genuinely excited and was informative in such a short amount of time (and a cutie)..

Yes, I might be crushing on a Dev.

6aea7d5a414aafd3fe5fa8dc4ac57759.gif

@Ouchie, I totally thought he was super cute, too. :*<3:p

You can't have 'em! Cat fight, meow! :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    6aea7d5a414aafd3fe5fa8dc4ac57759.gif
    Anyone else have a sudden, strange urge to go see Wonder Woman? Odd...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • How can anyone that has not saved everything get them by the time this event. Maybe 1 credit heist who know what you will get. Maybe 1 lol 85 by the time if lucky 2 trying to get every refresh possible. Maybe u could wait till the end if june give us some more time to lol them up
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    This guy is correct https://youtu.be/mGduYGnoCdA
  • HaistDevetVittu
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    ^ Just waiting for someone to come through the door at the back with their wiener hard. The style of the video and the angle is kinda calling for it.
    Post edited by HaistDevetVittu on
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    They most likely have no new game at all or just recently started to develop one. That in the end will be rushed out
  • To me it was real LA speak; the big reveal was a synopsis of his kit but that was far less important than new content. When do I get to flex my stacked roster. To me it was a flaming failure. Yes @CG_Kozispoon the forums are abuzz with activity: anger bordering on mutiny. People want clarity not obfuscation.
  • Lugo wrote: »
    Oh, you mean by the second time the event comes around? Because I don't see myself getting 5 7*'s in just a few weeks! Even if I did, they probably wouldn't be geared enough for the 7th tier.

I'm aiming for first time out. Who knows when event may come again. Thrawn might not be usable for arena but might be for HAAT. Much like a condom: I'd rather have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. (I know that quote came from AVP.)

Force users don't need condoms bro.......
  • I feel like the player base and the dev team are completely disconnected.

• When will they talk about the new game mode?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Faroer wrote: »
    This guy is correct https://youtu.be/mGduYGnoCdA

I agree - especially the part about "quite possibly the worst week for SWGOH so far."

The more I try to understand what the Phoenix flash events and Thrawn event are trying to do, the less it makes sense.

As he pointed out in the video, this is clearly not an event aimed at new players (at least not new in the sense that they missed the earlier Phoenix events a few months back that gave as us a "head start" on farming Phoneix heroes).

But, the fact that unlike the previous legendary events, this one uses 5 characters who were not farmable until just a few days ago, would indicate that the event is not designed for veteran players either. At least the Yoda, EP and R2 events all used various characters/factions that had been farmable for months prior to the event, if not since the beginning of the game. Not this one. EA made sure no one even accidentally had a chance of already having a full 5* Phoenix squad (save for the whales who spent on them) - even by accident. Especially since most of those whales who had spent on Phoenix had expressed their general weakness for arena - making it pointless for cost-conscious dolphins wary of spending on a faction that was fairly weak in many aspects of the game - save for maybe GW, but dolphins can clear GW with their deeper and better geared rosters.

I realize that the game is designed to make money - and I have definitely supported the game that way. However, I think there are two ways to get people to pay for a gaming experience:

1) Provide such a tremendous gaming experience that people are not only willing to pay based on previous enjoyment but to insure and encourage future game improvements, development and game play opportunities (i.e. more game modes, etc.) I would call this the "good will of the player" model.

2) "Force" players to pay for things in game by creating scarcity, bottleneck grinding, encourage "fear of falling behind" by releasing possible meta-changing content behind pay walls (i.e. Chaze originally, Fulcrum Ahsoka, and now Thrawn). I would consider this a "pay, or else..." model.

My frustration is that everytime in the history of the game things looked like they might actually be moving toward model number one, there was a clear and obvious shift to follow the path to model number two. This is one of those times, imho.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • As a community, a well paying community, that comes to the forums with massive amount of feedback and complaints and ideas, deserve better than these hints at what's next, 1:30 long video,that you ask your player base to watch live. We deserve better than being forced into factions at a moments notice because we want to play and participate. We deserve better than paying for random drops of character shards (10-330), I don't know where I'm going with this anymore I'm just soured at the state of the galaxy right now and I feel like this player base deserves more transparency. And I hope the dev team sees this and knows that I'm likely not alone in this sentiment.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No problem with the speed farm to get involved. More upset no information or hints on new game mode (what, when, or even a yes or no....) they told us more info was coming in this live stream...
  • @Nikoms565 this, Lucas! And as a veteran Dolphin i decided to relax now, use my 5 or maybe 6* Phoenix squad when Thrawn shows up and chill.As i did for FATz because of the same reason (model number 2 - dislike). BF2 looking really good, guess i will have a PS4 soon. B)
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No problem with the speed farm to get involved. More upset no information or hints on new game mode (what, when, or even a yes or no....) they told us more info was coming in this live stream...

More info did come in the live stream, so technically, they didn't deceive.
  • In B4 "you darn entitled millennials, get off my lawn!"

I actually agree with the OP generally speaking. This game should have much more -and better- content, fewer bugs, and be more polished all around given the revenue it brings in. I don't think we "deserve better" because we're special or loyal or vocal on the forums or any of that, but because we've forked over an inordinate amount of money for what we've received.

Tons of F2P players haven't, sure, but the numbers don't lie- this app grosses a huge amount.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In B4 "you darn entitled millennials, get off my lawn!"

I actually agree with the OP generally speaking. This game should have much more -and better- content, fewer bugs, and be more polished all around given the revenue it brings in. I don't think we "deserve better" because we're special or loyal or vocal on the forums or any of that, but because we've forked over an inordinate amount of money for what we've received.

Tons of F2P players haven't, sure, but the numbers don't lie- this app grosses a huge amount.

The bigger question is why would they improve any of those things when people have and are forking over the big bucks. My fear is they will realise too late that we do "deserve " better.

The game needs f2p but the devs need p2p, and situations like this is what starts to erode the loyal player base (both f2p and p2p) and at some point it will hit a tipping point and there will be no way to recover.
  • So after having the night to think about that disaster for SWGOH yesterday, I've come to a conclusion. EA totally pulled some corporate **** and totally screwed those devs. I think they tried hard to make it seem like it was supposed to go that way especially notajedi or what ever his handle is. It had a distinct feeling that some VP or deputy VP decided to scrap their presentation at 9 AM and that train wreck was the result. Now this doesn't let them off the hook because they could have easily taken to these forums to clear the air and provide the necessary details, yet there's a deafening silence. All too often there is little to no dev interaction and that is troubling. I'm not far from moving past being loyal based solely on how much money I've spent on SWGOH and just give up and start putting some money into Injustice 2 or some other game.
  • EA Play, designed to bring audiences closer to the games they love. Unless you play SWGOH, you're already addicted to that so we don't care about SWGOH.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    So after having the night to think about that disaster for SWGOH yesterday, I've come to a conclusion. EA totally pulled some corporate **** and totally screwed those devs. I think they tried hard to make it seem like it was supposed to go that way especially notajedi or what ever his handle is. It had a distinct feeling that some VP or deputy VP decided to scrap their presentation at 9 AM and that train wreck was the result. Now this doesn't let them off the hook because they could have easily taken to these forums to clear the air and provide the necessary details, yet there's a deafening silence. All too often there is little to no dev interaction and that is troubling. I'm not far from moving past being loyal based solely on how much money I've spent on SWGOH and just give up and start putting some money into Injustice 2 or some other game.

I agree. It really looked like they think they had more time and suddenly were told they have just 1,5 minutes. So they try to tell as short as they could.
    I don't see any rational reasons over wise.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Did anyone else see this? For a second there was a post with a screenshot claiming to be the new game mode. Looked kind of weird, but also genuine at the same time. Has been deleted within a matter of seconds.
    And I've heard that the poster has been banned.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    There's a huge disconnect between players and makers.
    -We ask for an empire cleanser, we get self and 1 target cleanse, while the other teams have multiple AOE cleanses.
    -We ask for something to make empire Arena competitive, not even dominate meta, just competitive. The reveal tells us that Thrawn will be good in raids. We've been asking for arena viability!
    -We have been asking for less rebels, and during empire rework we got 2 new OP rebels.
    -We've been asking for an empire answer to chaze, dealing with mass tenacity up and mass cleanse rendering empire inert.
    -Yoda, Palpatine, R2D2 have all been meta changing and heavily used in top arena. Thrawn, without having an answer to Chaze/GK will be the first legendary character to not be meta.
    -Zetas: Yoda has 2, R2D2 has 2, both really good. Palpatine has 0 and Thrawn should have 1 or 2 zetas, but not be arena viable with what we;ve been told.
    -Thrawn: slow and defense down are both non issues for triple cleanse, and the cleanse helps against other teams, but not against triple cleanse.
    -Thrawn being "good in raids" is really irrelevant as most won't have him 7* this event, and won't be able to use him in any raids.

IF Thrawn was really going to be Meta and Game changing, they would have shown us his kit and got people excited about doing their phoenix squads. Only getting a "glimpse" of Thrawn tells me that we are going to be disappointed.

We the fans feel as though we are not listened to at all.
    Maybe Thrawn should get the Rebel tag solely because he will keep the empire from beating them.
    +100000000000

So far it seems Thrawn is not the answer to the current cleanse meta, or even worst, he's just an ok toon. That explains why CG is taking too long to show his kit and gameplay, so dumb people like me continue to spend resorces on farming and gearing useless phoenix squad.

• EA Play, designed to bring audiences closer to the games they love. Unless you play SWGOH, you're already addicted to that so we don't care about SWGOH.

Yes, I was most excited to see the SWGOH livestream but I found the other games being showcased more exciting. The only useful information was when Thrawn was going to be released... that would have been more efficient in a forum post.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see this? For a second there was a post with a screenshot claiming to be the new game mode. Looked kind of weird, but also genuine at the same time. Has been deleted within a matter of seconds.

It's so funny. Either no one talks about it here deliberately, or new posts are removed as fast as they are made...interesting
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kelthuzad wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 this, Lucas! And as a veteran Dolphin i decided to relax now, use my 5 or maybe 6* Phoenix squad when Thrawn shows up and chill.As i did for FATz because of the same reason (model number 2 - dislike). BF2 looking really good, guess i will have a PS4 soon. B)

Exactly. Judging by the interview - and the time and effort that went into the production pieces, and content of each I think it's safe to say that EA cares much more about their BF2 paying customers than their SWGOH ones. PS4 over packs, I'm thinking. Heck, they don't even offer a Sabine pack. lol. :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Smithie D's comment about what we got at the presentation: https://youtu.be/u4tLBHXlOt0
    Member of The ALLIΔNCE DeltΔcorns
  • Antares wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

It's so funny. Either no one talks about it here deliberately, or new posts are removed as fast as they are made...interesting

You can find the so called info easily on other sites, but it could be a NDA issue. Being banned seems a little harsh.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Lack of information we were promised today is disturbing . I already changed my spending habits here fear I don't change them further. Where's the gamechangers videos if no videos a simple post with thrawns kit details will do . I believe we're owed at least that after yesterday's circus act.