Big thanks to the devs

Banth
158 posts Member
Amidst all the negativity I've been seeing on Reddit over this new event I just wanna say thanks to the devs. I play a lot of mobile games and few come close to the product theyve put out here. In terms of content, respect for the lore, and sheer fun and playability this game rocks. I'm not one who hated the Phoenix thing. In fact, I told people weeks before the announcement that's almost certainly what they'd do because it made the most sense. Thrawn would be legendary since ATF came as marquee and who else are you going to use to unlock him besides Phoenix?? Duh. So it didn't bother me one bit (it also helped that I was confident enough in what I thought that I started farming Phoenix from shipments a while back... and now that they've given us really easy farm spots I'll be able to at least try for Thrawn at 7 on the last day if I keep getting max awards in arena until then..). But Phoenix drama aside they've put out a really fun, well balanced game and I for one appreciate it and thank them for it. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and I'm a huge fan of what yr doing here. I also understand you gotta make money to like feed yr employees and live and stuff so keep the events coming and I'll keep buying the occasional pack of crystals and keep on having fun. Although I'll let the real whales do the whaling. Pretty thankful for them too though, they are the ones who really keep this going and I'm totally okay with them paying thousands of dollars to have a slight edge in time it takes to do things as long as it's still possible for the rest of us to achieve too eventually.

Thanks guys! I know it's not easy.

Also don't bother arguing me on the balance cause I won't reply.. compared to other mobis they've given us plenty of options for viable teams and no one team is unbeatable. In my opinion that's balance. Just because ppl choose to go with the crowd and chaze the meta [get it?!] doesn't mean it's not balanced. That just means people are unoriginal and scared to try something new.

And for anyone wondering how I'm going to be able to try for Thrawn at 7 without breaking the bank, I've done what a lot of people have and got in touch with my arena shard and we don't kill each other around payouts. That's let me save up a lot of resources. And with the last double drop event I still have a ton of cantina and GW currency saved up. So after I decided to start grabbing shards out of the shipments when they put Phoenix in it I used what I had to start building them up, got Ezra and Sabine maxed during their double drops, and now with the occasional 50 crystal refresh for GW and cantina shops and with Phoenix in shard shop, I should be able to challenge Thrawn with everyone but Sabine at 7 on the last day of event. I admit I lucked out when I started buying them in shipments right as they became available but I was pretty confident Phoenix would unlock Thrawn and that they'd give us easy farm spots for it before. It seemed so obvious to me... I tried to tell people but I'd get downvoted to oblivion...

Replies

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Cool story.
  • Kane13 wrote: »
    Cool story.

+1 All That Time to Write this Long Essay basically saying nothing important! *sigh* nice story, Hope You Join CG Team
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Cool story.

Thank you for reading!! Glad you liked it!
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Cool story.

+1 All That Time to Write this Long Essay basically saying nothing important! *sigh* nice story, Hope You Join CG Team

Thanks!
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Uhhhhhhhhh *eats glue* nerf chaze?
  • Combs
    40 posts Member
    +1
  • Can't argue balance because there is none. I wish there was though.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Banth wrote: »
    Amidst all the negativity I've been seeing on Reddit over this new event I just wanna say thanks to the devs. I play a lot of mobile games and few come close to the product theyve put out here. In terms of content, respect for the lore, and sheer fun and playability this game rocks. I'm not one who hated the Phoenix thing. In fact, I told people weeks before the announcement that's almost certainly what they'd do because it made the most sense. Thrawn would be legendary since ATF came as marquee and who else are you going to use to unlock him besides Phoenix?? Duh. So it didn't bother me one bit (it also helped that I was confident enough in what I thought that I started farming Phoenix from shipments a while back... and now that they've given us really easy farm spots I'll be able to at least try for Thrawn at 7 on the last day if I keep getting max awards in arena until then..). But Phoenix drama aside they've put out a really fun, well balanced game and I for one appreciate it and thank them for it. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and I'm a huge fan of what yr doing here. I also understand you gotta make money to like feed yr employees and live and stuff so keep the events coming and I'll keep buying the occasional pack of crystals and keep on having fun. Although I'll let the real whales do the whaling. Pretty thankful for them too though, they are the ones who really keep this going and I'm totally okay with them paying thousands of dollars to have a slight edge in time it takes to do things as long as it's still possible for the rest of us to achieve too eventually.

Also don't bother arguing me on the balance cause I won't reply.. compared to other mobis they've given us plenty of options for viable teams and no one team is unbeatable. In my opinion that's balance. Just because ppl choose to go with the crowd and chaze the meta [get it?!] doesn't mean it's not balanced. That just means people are unoriginal and scared to try something new.

And for anyone wondering how I'm going to be able to try for Thrawn at 7 without breaking the bank, I've done what a lot of people have and got in touch with my arena shard and we don't kill each other around payouts. That's let me save up a lot of resources. And with the last double drop event I still have a ton of cantina and GW currency saved up. So after I decided to start grabbing shards out of the shipments when they put Phoenix in it I used what I had to start building them up, got Ezra and Sabine maxed during their double drops, and now with the occasional 50 crystal refresh for GW and cantina shops and with Phoenix in shard shop, I should be able to challenge Thrawn with everyone but Sabine at 7 on the last day of event. I admit I lucked out when I started buying them in shipments right as they became available but I was pretty confident Phoenix would unlock Thrawn and that they'd give us easy farm spots for it before. It seemed so obvious to me... I tried to tell people but I'd get downvoted to oblivion...

I watered my lawn today.

x6uZZ7h.gif

• OP +1. I'm frustrated by little problems with the game but as usual FTP aren't happy unless they can unlock premium content right away.
  • Warstaaker
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Totally agree. I just want to say I am really excited by the thrawn event. This event gives everyone SOMETHING TO DO. Everyone is on near equal footing to just do something fun. I worked out the farming and it is not too bad at all. Will you use these toons later? Probably not. Should you care? Probably not. It's just for fun to pass time until the next big release.
    SWGOH NAME:Pan
  • ChrisZovy wrote: »
    OP +1. I'm frustrated by little problems with the game but as usual FTP aren't happy unless they can unlock premium content right away.

This is a free game. There's no premium content. People are mad that the squad required weren't available to be farmed until a week and a half before the event. Unless you banked currency and crystals for a while you're gonna have to press to even be able to unlock him. The communication and timing has been the only complaints made.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    +1 cg team great work
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Double
    Post edited by Shenanigans052 on
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Double post
  • So I just figured, assuming for 10 shards of Sabine by the end of thrawn event, I would have to spend 4000 crystals (roughly 30+ bucks) just to get thrawn unlocked. I'll say it again, unless you banked crystals and currency for MONTHS you're going to have to drop money to get thrawn just unlocked let alone promoted. I'm not buying these "I did it completely f2p and I'll have him at seven stars!" Comments. You've spent money. This is a sad way to go about this event. Imo max level players should at least be able to unlock him with a bit of farming. This event was poorly handled with the inability to farm phoenix well in advanced and having such short notice on what would be required. In short, they botched this and no amount of brown nosing or nonsense comments is going to change that

• Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Nerf Chaze

You make a good point, but nerf chaze
  • @Byakuya did I say anything about getting or not getting content. No I didn't, so how did you come to that assumption? Be proud to be a boot Iicker do you and do you the best you can.
  • Nerf Chaze
    Save Ferriss.
  • Bobby777 wrote: »
    Nerf Chaze

You make a good point, but nerf chaze
    Yeah you're right, but did you consider nerfing chaze?
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    My bad @pharp1010 so many complaining threads dont know where im at. i shall look kozis boot clean in shame

• Winstar wrote: »
    Banth wrote: »

I watered my lawn today.

x6uZZ7h.gif

I'm a Jerichohaulic
  • Lazy people's idea of balance in a game like this is two teams being viable to prove to you that not only one is.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Lazy people's idea of balance in a game like this is two teams being viable to prove to you that not only one is.

I don't use Rex or zaul to get #1 payout every day. It can be done! I believe in you. Just be original and think a little harder about yr teams! Then think harder (I know it probably hurts, sorry!) about yr mods and farm them! Then profit!! You can do it too!!

Or you know... just quit the game since it so bad..
  • I'm not reading all of that.
  • Nerf Chaze

well GAT ability Fracture will allow you to turn Chaze into **** so yea there is that
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    This is a good game.

This is a garbage community.

Both statements are equally true.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
This discussion has been closed.