I think Chirrut needs to be fixed/changed, not a NERF thread.

KeyMan64x
794 posts Member
edited June 2017
Back story:
Yoda does Tenacity Up to start a battle.
Rex will do Tenacity Up to start a battle.

What does Chirrut do? He uses Strength of Purpose (his heavy attack that calls Baze to assist). This of course completely wastes the ability since it is frequently used on a Tank that had taunt up at the start of a battle....or wastes it on a Jedi team that has Foresight. Either way, it is wasted.

With so many fast debuff teams out there, Chirrut should be allowed to use Tenacity Up to start a battle when on AI Defense.

Phasma was "fixed" to use Victory March at the start of a battle instead of using Fusillade. Chirrut should similarly be fixed as well.

Example:
Zader L, Zid, Krennic, Death Trooper Zeta, GK
vs
Rex L, Baze, Chirrut, Darth Nihilus, GK

My Chirrut is faster than his Zid so I naturally do Tenacity Up to start a battle. If I did not do this, it would be an instantaneous blood bath.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery? Please do not turn this into a nerf thread because it is NOT a nerf thread. I am NOT really complaining, I am trying to understand. When on Offense I can win with protection still on most characters. When AI Defense uses my team, it is just a complete slaughter. Why no in between?

This is not the only team I run so there is no need to get your drawers in a twist. The triple cleanse does not work vs a properly mod'd 4 Zeta Jedi/R2 team. I pull Rex out, run GK Lead and put in Boba. For Zaul teams I pull Boba and put in R2-D2. So I run variations based on my opponent....no need to bash the Triple Cleanse team that works quite well vs many.

Anyway, please do not take this discussion down the path of NERF this or that, whine about my team comps etc.

Let's just keep the discussion to WHY is Chirrut not used well? He could be used so much better! Also, when programming his use, it would be easy for the system to check if the opponent is using an auto-taunt at the start of a battle or if it has fast debuffs or if the opponent has foresight. A couple of "if else" programming statements could make AI so much better for a ton of characters, not just Chirrut.
Post edited by KeyMan64x on

Replies

• Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    The ai is not player controlled caliber. This will not change as most players need to win on offense. CG wants you to cycle through rosters looking for the winner. If the ai rules on defense, then there wouldn't be much else to do in the game except have the best defensive 5 characters and that's it. Why would you need to make all of the adjustments you make on offense if you'll only face that one best defense squad all the time?

I understand it's close to that now, but by your own admission you do have to adjust some now which uses a bigger roster and the ai must not be that bad if you have to adjust.

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    You want even easier wins?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    You want even easier wins?

Not easier wins, I already have that when I control my team on offense since I know how to use my team, thank you.

I just want AI to use the characters correctly better than half the time when on defense. See the difference?
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Why was this thread moved where almost no one will see it? That prevents a lot of commentary on what I am suggesting. No message about the move either. If this thread can be hidden at anyone's whim, can we suggest a ton of other threads to be hidden from General too?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I am pretty sure Rex will use Sqaud disipline first only if there is an ally with a debuff.
    Chirruit will use as the force wills first if there is any ally with a debuff.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Rex will use Sqaud disipline first only if there is an ally with a debuff.
    I know but if Chirrut is the first to go, he doesn't use Tenacity Up and he should, just like Yoda.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I know but if Chirrut is the first to go, he doesn't use Tenacity Up and he should, just like Yoda.

I get what your saying but only 1 of the 3 use tenacity up as first move. I would love for all three of them to use it first. Better to prevent a debuff then have to cleanse it. Would also make AI waste both tenacity up moves back to back.

Although since so many people use DN with unique zeta there is normally a debuff on someone when chirruit or rex gets their first turn (even it is is them that goes first.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Easy example:
    Chirrut on one team with 260 Speed
    Zid on other team with 258 Speed

Why would Chirrut do anything besides Tenacity Up to start the battle? It absolutely makes ZERO sense. Chirrut has the ability to protect the team but instead allows it to be destroyed on AI Defense.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Easy example:

Why would Chirrut do anything besides Tenacity Up to start the battle? It absolutely makes ZERO sense. Chirrut has the ability to protect the team but instead allows it to be destroyed on AI Defense.

I don't disagree with you. There are many priorites for the ai that are all messed up. Ask them resistence team users that have R2 only to find out he uses smoke screen first on defense.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    What scuba said. Theyd have to stop Vader from using force crush vs tenacity up, etc.

Its not realistic at this point. If the AI was good, more than a few shards would have a single team sitting at one the entire time.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Easy example:

I don't disagree with you. There are many priorites for the ai that are all messed up. Ask them resistence team users that have R2 only to find out he uses smoke screen first on defense.

Yup, that's messed up, especially against a Zaul team! Then why fix anything? Why did they fix Phasma's opening move? Just a few if/else statements for a few dozen characters and I think things would be a lot more interesting.

But I can also understand the opposite argument of being careful what we wish for, we might go back to the full year of where ONLY Speed/RNG mattered.

There has to be balance somewhere though and we just aren't there yet. A top 10 team that is heavily invested in the right characters with the right Zetas and then on top of that Awesome Mods...should not be beaten by a garbage top 25 team that can make the climb upon occasion and has all garbage for mods.

We were convinced of the importance of mods, we invested in them and now they mean almost nothing?...and anyone can beat anyone?! Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I guess little does in this game.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Easy example:

Yup, that's messed up, especially against a Zaul team! Then why fix anything? Why did they fix Phasma's opening move? Just a few if/else statements for a few dozen characters and I think things would be a lot more interesting.

But I can also understand the opposite argument of being careful what we wish for, we might go back to the full year of where ONLY Speed/RNG mattered.

There has to be balance somewhere though and we just aren't there yet. A top 10 team that is heavily invested in the right characters with the right Zetas and then on top of that Awesome Mods...should not be beaten by a garbage top 25 team that can make the climb upon occasion and has all garbage for mods.

We were convinced of the importance of mods, we invested in them and now they mean almost nothing?...and anyone can beat anyone?! Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I guess little does in this game.

Doesn't have to make sense to you just has to make cents for them.....
    sorry bad joke but I couldn't resist i was missing my tenacity up buff! ;)
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Easy example:

Doesn't have to make sense to you just has to make cents for them.....
    sorry bad joke but I couldn't resist i was missing my tenacity up buff! ;)

Lol, yup!

Step 1: Hey Everybody, here's an awesome new character to whale out on!

Step 2: One hour later, this is so awesome! The character is great! The character is OP.

Step 3: 90 minutes after release- Nerf Nerf Nerf, shout the masses that have made poor decisions in this game.

Step 4: 120 minutes after release- Oh the character causes your team to off themselves when AI controls the team on defense.

Step 5: 1 day later- Hey Everybody, we will have a great new character, that is a fan favorite. We will release it next week and you will be sure to want to whale out on it for $10 per 5 shards. Go go go...

Rinse and repeat.
  • Any update or opinion from the "Powers That Be?"
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse

It sure would be nice if he did Tenacity Up to start the battle.