Surviving massive damage discussion

DeadStormTrooper
131 posts Member
edited June 2017
Hi! this is more theory craft than anything, but ive been curious. This also relies on the possibility of massive damage's visual of 99999 NOT being a substitution, and being the actual damage. Do you think it is possible to get a character with more than 99999 health/protection? My train of thought is that if you took the tankiest character in the game health and protection wise, and gave them, say, ATF's 40% protection buff, along with god tier health/protections mods, could you possibly survive the massive damage attack? Obviously this will probably be possible if and when they increase gear tiers, but theyll probably buff the massive damage in that case.

Replies

• It was possible with Maul in nAAT before the rework, right?
  • Won't be that hard to add a couple nines to that damage field. 99,999 seemed out-of-reach-high when they made it, but it's getting too close to possible now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    with current setup (g11) or even future g12 there is no way to make a toon get even close "pre match"

in match +40% still wont get you close.

yes Maul has the potential and i'm not sure if they "fixed" that.... i guess the other one is Nihilus, but not sure you can keep him alive long enough to annihilate that many people...maybe P3 Zader team so the TM control can keep him going and the pure # of opponents lets him annihilate more often, but still pretty sure he wont survive a tank attack,(which may be more but i think is considered a massive damage attack)
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    All the cannons/tanks/flyover massive damage attacks in the AAT raid deal exactly 99,999 damage. Before they added the healing immunity to enrage Maul could just tank through multiple 99,999 damage shots from the Main Cannon in P3 (He'd kill the top turret in P2 too easily for it to hit him).

Technically if Nihilus annihilated most of the enemy team in an arena match against another Nihilus led sith team he could theoretically hit 200k+ health and survive Savage's Overpower, but it's not exactly easy to make this happen.

Nihilus also doesn't gain Max Health when he uses annihilate on Raid Bosses, so he'd have to annihilate all the side droids in P3 to get anywhere close to being able to tank through the Main Cannon's massive damage shot.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Sun Fac can do it.
    4 protection primaries at 23.5% = 94%

So anybody can have their protection go up to 1.94 times the value on swgoh.gg before secondaries are even considered.

Fac's protection starts out at 37136 * 1.94 = 72,043.84 + 26,430 health = 98473 combined health and protection before and secondary stats are counted. 1,527 protection/health from secondaries shouldn't be hard.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Do you think it is possible to get a character with more than 99999 health/protection?
    Having gone up against a GK with 98k combined health/protection, I'd have to say... yes.
    And that was 98k on the stat page. zzR2 was on that team, too, so...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Sun Fac can do it.
    4 protection primaries at 23.5% = 94%

So anybody can have their protection go up to 1.94 times the value on swgoh.gg before secondaries are even considered.

Fac's protection starts out at 37136 * 1.94 = 72,043.84 + 26,430 health = 98473 combined health and protection before and secondary stats are counted. 1,527 protection/health from secondaries shouldn't be hard.
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Do you think it is possible to get a character with more than 99999 health/protection?
    Having gone up against a GK with 98k combined health/protection, I'd have to say... yes.
    And that was 98k on the stat page. zzR2 was on that team, too, so...

The thing about having that much protection and health combined is that by the time the main cannon or such gets to go you probably won't have full health/protection. Unless your last team died and the main cannon has like 99% TM and you need someone to survive it.
  • My Shoretrooper is over 98k and only four stars, there are plenty of tanks that can start with over 100k.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So here's Akiraine's (iN Final Boss) profile, for example.
    His General Kenobi has a combined 93120 h/p. With 4 rebels and 1 droid on his arena team, his R2-D2 passes on 8107 h/p from Number Crunch, bringing GK to 101227 combined h/p at the start of battle.
    And if his arrow mod had a protection primary instead of a speed primary, he'd be at 109110 h/p.

Edit: Or, you know, his Shoretrooper would have a combined 114664 h/p under a Thrawn lead, lol... or 116626 h/p under an EP lead.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!