Sabine doesn't show up in the guild store for me

Replies

• Georgemi6 wrote: »
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Forcing you to spend!

Why? What's your rush on Sabine that you have to have her RIGHT NOW?

I mean the event does start in 2 days...

Aaaaaaand... do you NEED Sabine to participate in the event?
  • bolobaby wrote: »
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Forcing you to spend!

Yes.
    Forcing you to spend!

Yes.

Bzzzzt. Try again.
    Forcing you to spend!

Yes.

Bzzzzt. Try again.

Would appreciate if you didn't tell me how to play my event. Thanks.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Forcing you to spend!

Yes.

Bzzzzt. Try again.

I mean chopper sux, sooo
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Forcing you to spend!

Yes.

Bzzzzt. Try again.

I mean chopper sux, sooo

Anyone who says that hasn't played with Chopper, I'd guess.

He's like a Barriss. Doesn't hit hard, continuously heals your team, applies buffs, and - instead of removing debuffs for your team - removes buffs and TM from the enemy.

He's not a GREAT standalone toon, but on a team of 5 Phoenix, he does a fine job of improving overal; survivability.
    Forcing you to spend!

Yes.

Bzzzzt. Try again.

Would appreciate if you didn't tell me how to play my event. Thanks.

If you - as an *option* - insist on using Sabine, then that is your choice.

But that's not the definition of the word "required." Period. Full stop.
  • She has almost come twice a day for me since she has showed up
  • weska24 wrote: »
    She has almost come twice a day for me since she has showed up

Are we not doing "phrasing" any more?
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    weska24 wrote: »

Dang... I wish my gf would do that for me XD
  • I must say, it sounds like there are numerous players around here that have never farmed a hard-node-only character. Yes, it takes forever, so start now.

Sabine will take less than forever because her shards will also pop up occasionally in the Guild Shop; personally, I have gotten two shipments there. Not only that, but she also has shards in the Shard Shop. So Sabine is collectable at a perfectly reasonable rate.

That rate is not exceptionally fast, but it is waaaaay faster than farming Hoth Rebel Soldier or General Veers.

Oh, by the way, here's a passing thought ... Some of the principal characters in the Battle of Hoth were (drumroll): General Veers, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Hoth Rebel Scout! Don't be surprised if those characters surface as requirements for that bit of future snowy content that has been floating around.

So while you are farming Sabine on DS 1A, you might want to give Veers (LS 6A, DS 6D) and/or HRSo (DS 3B) some love as well.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Does NOT ever show up in the Guild Store, or at least almost never. Since they added her to the store she has shown up exactly twice. And farming her hard node, even during the double drops, I got a total of 10 shards.

That's just ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Especially when getting Thrawn would be far easier with Phoenix's most DPS toon.

For shame, Devs. For shame.

Rant somewhat over.

I have more sabine shards than ezra... ezra is near 5* same with sabine
  • It's a bit too late but a simple solution would have been to guarantee at least a rotation per day until the Thrawn event ends. Too late. Seen her TWICE so far :(
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Does NOT ever show up in the Guild Store, or at least almost never. Since they added her to the store she has shown up exactly twice. And farming her hard node, even during the double drops, I got a total of 10 shards.

That's just ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Especially when getting Thrawn would be far easier with Phoenix's most DPS toon.

For shame, Devs. For shame.

Rant somewhat over.

+1 same here. I know, RNG, but her rate is lower compared to the others, no doubt.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I can't play the final tier of the flash event because she's not five star, but I can't get her to five stars because she's shown up once in the guild store and once in shipments. That's not "never," but it's certainly not enough to get her to five stars fast enough for the event.

The final tier should let me use my five star Chopper and fill in Sabine instead of blocking my five star Chopper and leaving her spot blank.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I can't play the final tier of the flash event because she's not five star, but I can't get her to five stars because she's shown up once in the guild store and once in shipments. That's not "never," but it's certainly not enough to get her to five stars fast enough for the event.

The final tier should let me use my five star Chopper and fill in Sabine instead of blocking my five star Chopper and leaving her spot blank.

For days, now, it has been reported that requiring Sabine in Rise Up tier IV may be a bug and the devs are looking at it.
    dad2my3 wrote: »

For days, now, it has been reported that requiring Sabine in Rise Up tier IV may be a bug and the devs are looking at it.

I think your misreading the context to that response. It's more likely that the bug is being able to enter the squad select screen, despite NOT having Sabine at 5 stars.
  • She was in the guild shop twice for me yesterday
  • you've obivously never grinded TFP on 2 hard nodes with 1 drop
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

I think your misreading the context to that response. It's more likely that the bug is being able to enter the squad select screen, despite NOT having Sabine at 5 stars.
    And I think you're misreading the actual text. The description for the bonus tier says "Requirements: Five Phoenix members (5-star or higher) This mission is very difficult". That, plus the fact that you're actually able to enter the squad select screen without Sabine is a very clear indicator of what the bug actually is.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »

And I think you're misreading the actual text. The description for the bonus tier says "Requirements: Five Phoenix members (5-star or higher) This mission is very difficult". That, plus the fact that you're actually able to enter the squad select screen without Sabine is a very clear indicator of what the bug actually is.

Well, obviously you were wrong. You're selectively leaving out the part where chopper was a provided character for the tier.
  • SolidStripes
    580 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Had sabine in the shop once. And got zero drops during double drops :( oh well will just adjust playing strategy for chopper instead of sabine, more defense less offense. Just need to omega my cantankerous clanker and I'm set
    Forcing you to spend!

You don't really need her since there is 6 characters and you only need 5 (I think), but Sabine would probably make the Thrawn event easier. And I think she is one of the better Phoenix characters. Only ones I REALLY want to level and bother leveling are Ezra and Sabine. Everyone else is more like, "I'll get to them eventually." Well, Kanan is probably another good one.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »

Well, obviously you were wrong. You're selectively leaving out the part where chopper was a provided character for the tier.
    No, I'm not "obviously wrong" and I didn't selectively leave out anything. My point was that it's two pieces of evidence to one. Whether or not the dev team has the time to fix the issue before the end of the Flash event is a completely separate matter from what the actual bug was in the first place. To me, the changing of the description merely indicates that the fix wasn't ready in time for the Thrawn event push update.
    Nothing says that they can't keep working on the fix and put it in place before the end of the Flash event, still.
    And even if they don't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I've actually worked as a game tester, so I know what software QA can be like, especially during E3 week (which I've also worked). Rolling out a sleeping bag under a desk, waiting for a new build, doing regression testing at 4am... fun times.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    The description says that you need five characters at 5*, which I have. It doesn't say five characters, excluding Chopper. It's irritating.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I mean chopper sux, sooo
    Yeah, and Eeth Koth is a world-beater, but we all farmed him for Yoda. So cry me a river.
    Also: No, he doesn't. Just because a character isn't Chirrut doesn't mean they suck.
    weska24 wrote: »

Are we not doing "phrasing" any more?
    Perfect response.

If you - as an *option* - insist on using Sabine, then that is your choice.

But that's not the definition of the word "required." Period. Full stop.
    In fairness, some folks might have trouble farming Hera *and* Ezra to 5* if the RNG didn't favor them. They're the only two that compete against one another in the farming pool, so Sabine might be a necessary backup just in case.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I haven't seen a single Sabine in guild store yet. I know I don't need her to fight Thrawn but I'd love the full furnace and cuff she provides in the bonus tier. And if I spent crystals on her, I think it would be cheaper to just spend 2800 crystals one full cuff and furnace from the store
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    And even if they don't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I've actually worked as a game tester, so I know what software QA can be like, especially during E3 week (which I've also worked). Rolling out a sleeping bag under a desk, waiting for a new build, doing regression testing at 4am... fun times.

Guess what, I work in a not so glorious industry making signs. We have had buildings ready to be turned over to owners that would absolutely not take NO for an answer. Over a Thanksgiving weekend. Out of state. I slept in shifts in the back of a box truck on bubble wrap to get it done. We did not change the description to make it work in our favor. We got the job done.

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I'll trade you. I've passed her up a few times because I know I will not gear them quickly. Meanwhile, she takes up Resistance Trooper's slot.
  • She showed up in 3 of the next 4 after they added her for me. It's just luck of the draw.

Shipments shouldn't be luck of the draw. Everyone should get the same