Options
    jsm21 wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Just 5. It's a legendary event.

But which 5 are needed? Flash only requires 5 of 6 but a specific 5

It just requires the Phoenix "faction", so any 5 of the available 6 will suffice. I tested the event with all kinds of configurations. The only character you must have is Hera as the leader for obvious reasons.

I may be nitpicking but this is confusing, especially the second part. Is Hera required? I could always submit a team without a leader ability, there is nothing illegal about that.
    Not illegal, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not using Hera as the leader. I'm assuming you know that Hera's leader ability is for Phoenix to share their uniques with each other?

Yes I do, just poor wording with "any 5 of the available 6" but then "the only character you must have is Hera". I have 5* Hera but I am sure someone else doesn't.
    That's fair. But I think he meant it in a "tongue-in-cheek" way. He should've put the little ;) emoji.

Agreed :) Just wanted clarification as someone will be bound to have this question eventually.
  • Options
    Don't worry. The description will be fixed.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Yes I do, just poor wording with "any 5 of the available 6" but then "the only character you must have is Hera". I have 5* Hera but I am sure someone else doesn't.

Hera is needed because I balanced it against her being the leader since she is the only possible leader.

Post edited by CapGaSP on
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    You mean the only Phoenix toon with leader ability, I believe
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    So not needed... but "needed".
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone know if they'll be doing double drops again during the event?
  • Options
    Mrek0 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they'll be doing double drops again during the event?

Good one
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP : Thanks for the confirmation! Any idea when the flash event bonus tier bug is going to be fixed?

I'm wondering the same. It seems like it should be an easy fix no? They should add onnfor each day that it isn't wai imo
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_CapGaSP : Thanks for the confirmation! Any idea when the flash event bonus tier bug is going to be fixed?

I'm wondering the same. It seems like it should be an easy fix no? They should add onnfor each day that it isn't wai imo

It was fixed a few hours ago, will see proper requirements next time flash event runs.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Glad there is another character that is 'better than anything released before' and that I need characters that until recently have been pay only......

I will only say that this challenge had better be released again soon (like yoda) or hopefully nulled by the next one....

Btw yoda seems so weak against these characters.... who are nobody's..,,
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It was fixed a few hours ago, will see proper requirements next time flash event runs.
    The bug wasn't fixed; the description was changed to reflect the current status of the game with the unfixed bug.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • XiliX
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »
    Glad there is another character that is 'better than anything released before' and that I need characters that until recently have been pay only......

My thoughts exactly!! :>(
    The Gene Pool NEEDS Chlorine
    Life is the leading cause of Death
    I have walked through the Valley of Evil and emerged the Shadow of Death
  • Options
    It doesn't matter what they say about the requirements now. When the event is released and there is a bug that requires you to have all 6 phoenix, they will change the description so that you need all 6 and call it a bug fix.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

As far as I understand she is in not needed to play the event... But needed to win it
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Lossberg wrote: »

As far as I understand she is in not needed to play the event... But needed to win it
    The Phoenix Squadron is not the strongest team in the first place, but without Hera... yeah.
  • Options
    Is it still allowing people in but then not letting them play? If so, then it's accurate to say that they didn't fix the bug but only changed the description.
    '
  • Options
    Do you get a 7 level Thrawn if you beat tier VII of the challenge?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

The bug wasn't fixed; the description was changed to reflect the current status of the game with the unfixed bug.

The bug was the requirements being met without all the required characters (i.e. Hera Ezra Zeb Kanan Sabine). This is made obvious by the fact that Chopper is the event char. CG has poor communication skills though, and tried to apologize but ended up making everyone think that the bug was actually not being able to do it without Sabine.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

The bug was the requirements being met without all the required characters (i.e. Hera Ezra Zeb Kanan Sabine). This is made obvious by the fact that Chopper is the event char. CG has poor communication skills though, and tried to apologize but ended up making everyone think that the bug was actually not being able to do it without Sabine.
    No, the requirements were any 5 5* PS characters. The bug was that it didn't offer you the choice of anything but Chopper for the event character.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

No, the requirements were any 5 5* PS characters. The bug was that it didn't offer you the choice of anything but Chopper for the event character.

It is extremely obvious that it was meant to require Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Kanan, and Sabine. Else they would have built in the option to change the event char, which I do not believe has been implemented anywhere else.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

It is extremely obvious that it was meant to require Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Kanan, and Sabine. Else they would have built in the option to change the event char, which I do not believe has been implemented anywhere else.
    Or, you know, the fact that the event character couldn't be changed was the bug, which is what the dev comment said.
    So, it's extremely obvious that you're wrong.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You can chose an ally in LS/DS/Cantina battles, even computer generated allies. So i wouldn't call it extremely obvious, i actually though only being able to get chopper in the ally slot was the bug. Maybe it was just easier to change the required characters than making all the phoenix members selectable for the ally slot. Guess we will never know what they originally intended.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

+1