To Zeta or not to Zeta

I have 3 Characters ready for Zeta and have 7-8 zetas, enough omegas and enough level 3 mats.
The characters are
Fives, Darth Nihilus and Vader.
I am level 83. Please help
1...2...3! You're dead!

Replies

• Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    i hope u go for rex lead in arena. if u dont have baze then go for kylo and barriss in that team. they both need zetas to be good. vader is ok in arena amd very good in rancor raid so rather meh. nihilus zeta (not leader) is quize handy but i would do barriss and kylo first.
  • I am thinking of building a primary Zoda or Zqgj led Jedi team for arena and Znihilus as secondary
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Also, I haven't unlocked Kylo and kind of find him irksome, and I want to rip out his spine.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    dn lead is rather underwhelming especially if u dont have killer mods. qgj zeta also wants some rlly good speed mods. if u hate kylo go for something like rex, wiggs, r2 (zeta), general kenobi. u probably dont have kenobi yet but all other good tanks are not f2p lile baze, shoretrooper
  • Hbk146 wrote: »
    dn lead is rather underwhelming especially if u dont have killer mods. qgj zeta also wants some rlly good speed mods. if u hate kylo go for something like rex, wiggs, r2 (zeta), general kenobi. u probably dont have kenobi yet but all other good tanks are not f2p lile baze, shoretrooper
    Yes, my top character is Fives, my best taunt is Poe
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Only a few g9
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Otherwise g6,7,8
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    in the shoet term u will have to make due with what u have. i am just suggesting what yoir goals should be if u care for arena rank
  • I did Vader earlier this week and find him very useful in the Raids. Will be attempting my first solo in 24 hours. He is also good on phase 2 and three of the tank.
  • Zetas shouldn't be squandered, but they should still be used. Why does everyone act like they'll never earn anymore? After lvl 80, You get them for clearing dailies. You can also earn them in GW and raids. There are enough posts that everyone should know who the top candidates are. Pick one and roll with it.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Zetas shouldn't be squandered, but they should still be used. Why does everyone act like they'll never earn anymore? After lvl 80, You get them for clearing dailies. You can also earn them in GW and raids. There are enough posts that everyone should know who the top candidates are. Pick one and roll with it.

You're actually talking about omegas... Which are basically a dime a dozen now a days.

Still i agree with your sentiment, might as well use your zeta when you get it.

My vote is fives! His ship is one of the best, and i think he will fit into a tanky meta squad in the future.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Zader is the most useful overall IMO if you have the Empire/Sith to go with him. Good in both raids, decent in PVP. Usually with the zetas it's one or the other.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I've not used 5s, so I can't comment on his zeta. zVader works well in many areas of the game. I'd recommend him. He may not be "meta" anymore, but he still works well.
    This is assuming you have a team to go along with zVader. If not, then find a toon you use a lot with a unique zeta. That way the toon can be plugged into any team and function well.
  • BrillO wrote: »
    Zetas shouldn't be squandered, but they should still be used. Why does everyone act like they'll never earn anymore? After lvl 80, You get them for clearing dailies. You can also earn them in GW and raids. There are enough posts that everyone should know who the top candidates are. Pick one and roll with it.

You're actually talking about omegas... Which are basically a dime a dozen now a days.

Still i agree with your sentiment, might as well use your zeta when you get it.

My vote is fives! His ship is one of the best, and i think he will fit into a tanky meta squad in the future.

omegas are a dime a dozen??? wow. i had about 300 saved at one point. then u start using them and i have none left. when u start omega'ing a whole team u go through a lot. I remember when i thought the 1000 carbanti sensor arrays were a dime a dozen. now im stuck wo them
  • evanbio wrote: »
    I've not used 5s, so I can't comment on his zeta. zVader works well in many areas of the game. I'd recommend him. He may not be "meta" anymore, but he still works well.
    This is assuming you have a team to go along with zVader. If not, then find a toon you use a lot with a unique zeta. That way the toon can be plugged into any team and function well.

Fives has TM gain.
    7.5% when any other ally gets hit and 15% for any other clone ally.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • i'd say Vader to zeta first..he is awesome in rancor and good in tank raid...he is ok in arena...
    at the moment im enjoying QGJ zeta lead