Should we have a zeta for Emperor Palpatine?

Prev1
So I'm a ftp player who has been playing for about a year now, but with the release of Thrawn in the legendary event I noticed something a little off. While the legendary characters such as Yoda and Thrawn as well as specials like R2D2 all have 2 zetas apiece, EP is sitting with exactly none. Furthermore, he has two skills (leader and unique) that don't have omegas so a zeta would be rather easy to implement. If a zeta were to exist, I'd envision it along the lines of a pseudo Zader ability for his leader, but instead of dots he refreshes shock when it expires. For his unique,I thought removing turn meter on those dealt damage to (not too high though, maybe like 5%) would be feasible. Anyway, those were just my thoughts, if you want this to happen or think a different zeta would be better just say so in the comments and maybe EA will actually notice what the players want for once lol.

Replies

• He'll get them I'm sure but he's still viable without them for now. Maybe not meta but in the right team he still works. I'd love to see a zeta on him though so the sooner the better imo.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Not yet it should be an imperial commander sumynergy similar to troopers. Give it to Thrawn Tarkin Vader and maybe veers and gar.
  • yes he should, he should be on his unique, some new buff revolving speed/potency/hp, get bonus of 10% offense for each shocked enemy ( if we add TM will make him 24/7 attacks in p3 HAAT, so need other bonus), and perhaps Vader synergy.
    a simple example to palp unique : Vader have 50% chance to inflict shock whenever he damage an enemy is gonna make Vader a top toon for arena.

anyway, 2 of these 3 things (new bonus, bonus for shocked, vader synergy) will make him what he is, the emperor of the freaking galaxy!
    and if EA will do that zeta, i'll change my nickname to PalpatineIsRaichu.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Royal guard synergy too while they are at it :)
  • Refreshing shock every time it expires would be extremely OP. I love it
  • I think EP is strong enough already without a rework but he was a tough character to obtain, so if yoda got zetas then it's reasonable enough to assume EP would too.

Raid han however needs zetas and a total rework lol
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Leader Zeta: Empire and Sith Allies debuffs can't be resisted.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    +1 thread

I like Vader & RG synergy added to his leader,
    -like shock refreshes whenever it expires,
    -if RG is an ally his stun baton attack applies shock as well,
    -if Vader is ally, damage done by dots heal Empire allies.

While we're at it, why doesn't RG have Vader/palp synergy, shouldn't his unique have a zeta that, when Vader or Palp is grouped with royal guard and THEY take damage RG counterattacks (cuz you can't talk about Palp without including RG)
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • No. Zetas were mainly added to characters who were no longer all that useful. Palpatine has never had that problem.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    +1

I think he needs something on his kit to increase survivability

Maybe make "Let The Hate Flow" recover protection on the zeta
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    He has to have 2, as his counterpart Yoda, anyone who says he is strong enough, does not need a zeta, wants to continue one shot killing him with Wiggs, Chaze etc.
  • No. Zetas were mainly added to characters who were no longer all that useful. Palpatine has never had that problem.

nihilus dont need zeta but he have, maul dont need one, but he have. r2d2 strong enough without the zeta, dooku dont need it, qgj was great leader without it even, yoda did fine without it, FOTP was beast before it also, rey is kinda the same with or without, Boba viable without zeta, FOST on FO team aswell, kylo is strong without is aswell, savage fit perfect in sith team even without zeta.

im asking, to continue ???, even tho i cant continue i think i proved the point.
    non zeta Maul, Nihilus, Savage are as good as EP i think, and they got zeta. EP deserve a zeta :)
  • A leadership zeta would be cool, or something that gives him special synergy with Vader and the RG. You know, something like Vader will taunt for him and when he does gains retribution and offense up for a couple of turns, and when the RG taunts he gets speed up, potency up and crit chance up. That'd be cool.
  • How about a reverse kenobi - convert buffs into equivalent debuffs. Is there anyone that can do that? Would add an extra dimension to combatting triple cleanse, especially if ability block is in there somewhere.
  • TheCaptain wrote: »
    How about a reverse kenobi - convert buffs into equivalent debuffs. Is there anyone that can do that? Would add an extra dimension to combatting triple cleanse, especially if ability block is in there somewhere.

this I like :)
  • Plus 1
  • lol i already thought emperor was pretty powerfull
    How about a reverse kenobi - convert buffs into equivalent debuffs. Is there anyone that can do that? Would add an extra dimension to combatting triple cleanse, especially if ability block is in there somewhere.

+1
  • I 100% agree EP needs a zeta or two. If R2, yoda and Thrawn all have 2 then EP should have at least one to match them all.

+1

+1

love it! and if they have tenacity up, turns it tenacity down

+1, i would love that
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    TheCaptain wrote: »
    How about a reverse kenobi - convert buffs into equivalent debuffs. Is there anyone that can do that?

Baze has a singe target version of it
  • i'd rather see rule of 2 with him.

but since yoda has zeta i kind of think so should EP, viable without it or not.

i don't fee all the toons that got them weren't viable before they got them. i don't have a single zeta and i do ok with all my toons. i actively use 3 toons who have zeta abilities and it hasn't stopped me not having a zeta on them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think its a little too early, hes still a very solid toon.

I love the ideas of a synergy with vader or RG, it is very fitting.

I would rather see him as is for a bit longer and then get the boost when he needs it

It would also fit in with his character of manipulating people to his benefit and to their detriment
  • I completely agree!
    EP needs a Leader Zeta.

A synergy with Vader would be very interesting. Great idea! (Something different than the non-stop requests for an RG synergy.)

That reverse-kenobi ability is pretty interesting, but doubt that would happen on EP (would be awesome, though).
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Honestly he's fine as it is.

I was thinking of something to help his glaring weakness which is his health/defense.

Unique Zeta Crackling doom. For each shocked enemy, increase stats by 25% Health and 25% defense, and everytime crackling doom triggers drain that much damage into HP.

Pretty OP, but also easily circumvented. A shock/Stun/health block/tenacity up all counter it.

Only issue would be P3 where Palp may survive to enrage. So maybe nerf it to half values all around. 12.5% health/defense/half damage drained to HP.

Leader Zeta: in addition, -32% crit chance and crit damage to rebel and Jedi enemies. All empire/Sith allies do 20% more damage to shocked enemies.
  • Palpatine and Vader should've had synergy immediately. Maybe something to give Vader more to do then hope to just get 1 CB off. As far as a zeta, yes he should have one at least. Something to effect buffs on opponents or make him a little harder to kill would be ideal.
  • I would give him some something like shock doesn't dispel when he applies stuns to shocked enemies. Maybe have other empire characters inflict stun to shocked enemies when they use a basic attack