Is kylo viable in the arena? What line up is best for him?

Brainsym
127 posts Member
Kylo will be my first to zeta, and was wondering what people think of him in the arena?
Ive seen him with rex lead mostly which is good for turn meter gain... But what line up would be best to get him to shine...
Was thinking of adding phasma in that line up too but who else?

Or do you guys think hes not viable and just stick to raids?

Replies

• Full FO is where he shines but also under Rex lead or 5th in a Zaul squad
  • Sucks on defence though
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    Sucks on defence though

Hmm thats a bummer, been against a FO team in arena, and they were good but not so great... I dunno
  • he doesnt suck on defense. yea, he start using outrage only when under 50%, but his lash out is still useful, AoE and give him retribution.
    will you see a big difference between Kylo and Zylo on defense ? probably not.
    but suck on defense isn't true.
    im using meanwhile Zaul, Zavage, Zylo, SA, Palp. imma swap Zylo as soon as i get nihilus ready, but he isnt bad. under zaul on defense everyone will attack him most of the time, so he get lot of speed and damage for next attacks and with the retribution, its pretty cool.

anyway, full FO is best for Kylo, but you need 4 zetas, and a ridiculous speed mods on FOO, to be really arena materiel for that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sucks on defence though

All teams suck on defense. That's by design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    he doesnt suck on defense. yea, he start using outrage only when under 50%, but his lash out is still useful, AoE and give him retribution.
    but suck on defense isn't true.
    im using meanwhile Zaul, Zavage, Zylo, SA, Palp. imma swap Zylo as soon as i get nihilus ready, but he isnt bad. under zaul on defense everyone will attack him most of the time, so he get lot of speed and damage for next attacks and with the retribution, its pretty cool.

anyway, full FO is best for Kylo, but you need 4 zetas, and a ridiculous speed mods on FOO, to be really arena materiel for that.

Cool thanks for the info
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    He was a game changer for me in Arena... g11 good mods and zeta he is a beast and was main reason i broke top 10 on a Jan 2016 shard

Yes he is best in a FO team thats obvious but he can really fit into any team

Im running him with

Rex (l) although soon to be zaul
    Zylo
    Zihilus
    Zavage
    Sun Fac
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sucks on defence though

All teams suck on defense. That's by design.
    Thats a good point lol
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »
    He was a game changer for me in Arena... g11 good mods and zeta he is a beast and was main reason i broke top 10 on a Jan 2016 shard

Yes he is best in a FO team thats obvious but he can really fit into any team

Im running him with

Rex (l) although soon to be zaul
    Zylo
    Zihilus
    Zavage
    Sun Fac

Sound like a cool line up, im yet to farm sun fac and savage, would sth and maybe phasma fit in there instead?
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    I run it both in FO team and under Rex Lead, depending on the team I'm facing. He's pretty valuable in both. To give you an idea, I hoover around the top 20 of my January 2016 shard. I would probably be unable to go in top, though. The only time I broke in the top 10 was with the FO team. I placed 8 right at pay time and then dropped immediately after. FO isn't great on defense.

You absolutely do, though. He seems to shift to outrage under some condition, not only his own health. Also maybe the number of enemies his facing or the number of allies, maybe. I faced him a lot and the his zeta protection thing poisoned me a fair number of time.

• I use him in a lineup of maul, nihilus, sa, savage and kylo with zeta on everyine. I get rank 1 whenever I'm online to snipe. He works well in maul teams I think since kylo will get beat up quickly and once he gets to half health, then it's nonstop outrage spam. Mine has 46% crit 216% crit damage with 82 speed, so he hits super hard
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    I use him in a lineup of maul, nihilus, sa, savage and kylo with zeta on everyine. I get rank 1 whenever I'm online to snipe. He works well in maul teams I think since kylo will get beat up quickly and once he gets to half health, then it's nonstop outrage spam. Mine has 46% crit 216% crit damage with 82 speed, so he hits super hard

82 speed ?? He gets like 80 base... do u have no speed on your mods at all ?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Just to answer the OP, I still run Zylo on a November 2015 arena shard and finish top 10 (1 at least 50% of the time). I run Rex (Lead), GK, R2, DN and Zylo. All G11 maxed - but Zylo is always still standing at the end. He's great for dealing with other Zylo and Zavage and DN leads. GK give him retribution and he heal blocks everybody with his basic.

ETA: I've also run him with good success on a Zaul lead team with DN, fast Palp, with either B2 or Vader as the 5th (B2 is usually in vs. Chaze/GK teams). I switched to the Rex team when R2 dropped. He makes life tough on Zaul-lead teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*