Hit me with you best shot

CameronD
150 posts Member
edited June 2017
I would like everyone to pitch me a raid, mission or new game mode idea they have in mind. It seems the Devs might need a few kick starters to help em get going. It can be as simple as ideas for enemies or you can give every detail you please. I'll start us off.

Raid: Battle of Genosis : Difficutly Medium
Tiers: 4, 5, 6, 7
Special Reward: Republic Gunship shards

Jedi, clone and Genosians gain bonus damage on this raid

Phase 1: Count Dooku, two B2 super battle droids.

The count has 100% counter with 50% stun and crtitcal chance. However is suceptable to de buffs.
B2 super battle droids have same AoE as AAT tank raid and taunt after count takes 5% or more damage.

Phase Two: Nexu plus 2 genosians spys.

Nexu will have a variety of attacks mostly single target and physical damage.
Feed: if both genosians spy's are killed the Nexu will stop for 3 turns and feed and is easily crit, these spy's do not respond so feed can only occur once.

Phase 3 : The Reek

The Reek is going to be very powerful and quite annoying. The Reek will have a variety of AOE attacks dealing physical damage.

The Reek will have 1 stone tower beside with approximately 30K-100K health depending on Tier. If destroyed( Once per player) the Reek will be toppled for two turns And all units will recieve damage up as well as the Reek recieving Defense down. HOWEVER, once the Reeks returns from topple it TRIPLES in damage for the remainder of the phase(This is limited to your player of course, and doesn't affect others that don't topple the Reek)

Phase 4: The Acklay

The menacing spider creature has arrived in all its glory, you can target its head or its legs. If all legs are crippled it will fall to the ground and sustain a great deal of damage but will arise right away with all its legs back to full health and will recieve critical chance up.
The Acklay will have a Kit filled with many AoE and Single target attacks.

Phase 5: Cover the Retreat!

You and your guild mates will have to hold out for 25 Waves of standard B1 droids, B2 super battle droids and Droidekas every 5 rounds. This is still a group effort and is the final hold the line while you finish the raid.

Bonus perk: An Airstike can be called in dealing massive damage to both sides and can only be called once.

I hope this sparks some ideas for others and I look forward to hearing your raid/Mission/new game mode Ideas! Feel free to enhance mine with any of your own ideas.

Replies

• Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    I don't know if we need another fight the separatist droid raid. But at this point I'll take anything lol.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Pew pew. Anything that will carbantis.
  • Go fetch!

Gamemode that requires you to find treasue boxes on main game screen - guaranteed to appear 2x/day for 12h each and contain one or more of the following items:
    Mk5 stun gun salvage 15-25
    Mk5 stun gun fully crafted 1
    Stun cuff salvage 15-25
    Full stun cuff 1
    Keep adding needed items pls
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    I posted a long winded fully detailed raid idea then my phone deleted it while I was editing it :( just my luck.

To summarize though:

Attack On Felucia
    Separatists are desperate to deal substantial damage to the republic so a full scale invasion on Felucia is launched. Battle against clone commanders, sniper clones, republic tanks and Aayla Secura!

-Bonuses would be granted to Droids, Sith, and Separatists.
    -2/3 Teirs ranging from Medium to Heroic.
    - Rewards could be some awesome new ship/ character shards and very exclusive gear.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    I posted a long winded fully detailed raid idea then my phone deleted it while I was editing it :( just my luck.

To summarize though:

Attack On Felucia
    Separatists are desperate to deal substantial damage to the republic so a full scale invasion on Felucia is launched. Battle against clone commanders, sniper clones, republic tanks and Aayla Secura!

- Rewards could be some awesome new ship/ character shards and very exclusive gear.

I would like to see a new raid with a bonus for DS.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Diel wrote: »

To summarize though:

Attack On Felucia

Hoth Invasion!
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »

To summarize though:

Attack On Felucia

Hoth Invasion!

I had an idea for a AT-AT raid...
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    I'm too lazy to fully flesh it out, but how about a raid of the Jedi temple? Bonuses to sith and clones. Main problem I could see with this is that it would be similar to places of power and would be kinda hard to think of a single power house character for a phase though I suppose it could be like phase 1 padawans lead by someone named.
    Phase 2 be a bunch of temple guardians.
    Phase 3 could be a "famous" temple guardian protecting the younglings, so whenever you target the younglings he takes double damage but counter attacks with crit damage and chance up.
    Phase 4 probably just a super yoda with maybe some of the other masters as backup.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I wouldnt be surprised if they came out with another raid come december, matching the new trilogy. Phase 1 first order officer and fo stormtroopers. Phase 2 phasma and stormtroopers. Phase 3 kylo and stormtroopers. Phase 4 ships with kylo rens command shuttle.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Jedi Temple Attack

This raid focuses on the attack on the Jedi Temple that ended the Jedi Order. What you encounter inside the temple depends on the alignment of your arena team leader.

Dark side get bonuses for Sith, and Clones. Light Side get bonuses for Jedi and Coruscant Underworld Police. Dark side would unlock Dark Anakin, while Light Side would unlock Jedi Weaponmaster Cin Drallig.

Dark Phase 1: Cin Drallig, and 2 Jedi Knight Guardians

This phase is all about speed. Cin will have multiple AoE attacks, mostly dealing little damage. But every 5 turns he'll use a team AoE, and if both his teammates are alive it will do massive damage. He also has speed down on his basic and stun on his second AoE. Every 5% health he loses will trigger new Jedi Knight Guardians to spawn, regardless of the status of the prior 2.

Light Phase 1: Darth Vader (Anakin) and 2 Clone Troopers.

This phase is about defense. Anakin hits HARD. Without high defense, even his basic will wreck most toons. Fortunately, he's also slow, letting his clones do most of the fighting. Clones appear to support Anakin every 5th turn for Anakin, and taunt if he takes more than 10% damage while they're there. Anakin has locked retribution, and deals healing immunity with his basic. His AoE puts buff immunity on everyone, as well as granting all clones 100% turn meter.

Dark Phase 2: 3 Jedi Knight Guardians and 3 Consulars

Nothing incredibly fancy here, just a new mechanic for raid phases. All 6 Jedi must fall, and each are tied to the health bar of the raid. Furthermore, consulars each can heal 1% of the health bar every 8 turns. Consulars are immune to stun, but not turn meter manipulation, and vice versa for the guardians.

Light Phase 2: Clone Captain, 2 Clone Sergeants, 2 Clone Troopers

Very similar mechanics to dark phase 2, except rather than healers the clones have creeping speed boosts. Every turn they take where the captain isn't dead, they go 5% faster.

Dark Phase 3: Cin Drallig

The final phase revolves around Cin alone. He has 100% counter chance and 50% stun chance on basic. His AoE deals minimal damage, but stuns your leader and has a 50% chance to stun any other team members. When he falls to 25% health left, Cin gets a locked advantage buff.

Light Phase 3: Darth Vader (Anakin)

Very similar to the Cin fight, except he trades in stuns for turn meter theft. Anakin can, very easily, take dozens of turns in a row. To alleviate this, he can also have his turn meter reduced, but only by Jedi. Any turn meter reduction attempts that aren't Jedi will result in Anakin immediately gaining 100% turn meter.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    Well OP, take this!

Planet Mortis - Seize the planet of the force

- 3 Tiers (6*, 7*, Zetas only)
    - 3 Phases instead of 4

P1 - The Daughter (bonus for all LS toons): transforms into Griffin when down to 20% health and gets +X% to all stats
    P2 - The Son (bonus for all DS toons): transforms into Gargoyle when down to 20% health and gets +X% to all stats
    P3 - The Father (bonus of +X% on all stats if you use a team from only one faction): no need to transform, this guy is the power and can only beaten in a veeeerry loooooong fight

Speechless, huh?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    anyone else clicked this thread thinking it was about guitar hero?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Your mother is a guitar hero.
  • Typo in the title. I refuse to participate
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Your mother is a guitar hero.

seinfeld.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

Pat Benatar! /rawr
  • leef wrote: »

Definitely the first thing I thought of :smile:

• Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Death Star 2:
    4 phases
    Each phase has 2 sub phases
    Has both ship and normal battles
    Bonuses to ewoks, jedi, and rebels

Phase 1:

Part 1: battle an atst and some scout troopers outside the shield generator on endor

Part 2: battle waves of imperial personnel inside the shield generator (officers, storm troopers, scout troopers, atst pilots, etc.)

Phase 2:

Part 1: destroy a star destroyer. It is supported by 2 TIE fighters and 2 TIE interceptors.

Part 2: survive against hoards of imperial starfighters. But beware, the Death Star is operational and will destroy your capital ship after a certain amount of time.

Phase 3:

Part 1: battle darth Vader in the emperors throne room. (This Vader would be sort of like the rancor. He doesn't have back up)

Part 2: defeat the emperor. He is backed up by 2 royal guards, however darth Vader has turned back to the light side and has joined you. (Vader would be in a sixth slot, kind of like an event unit. He would be different, however, and have a light side kit.)

Phase 4:

Part 1: destroy vaders flag ship, executor. Do it quickly, as the Death Star is still operational and can destroy your capital ship. (Executor would be like the AAT, as you'd have to take out its turrets/ shield generators to topple it) executor is also backed up with 2 TIE interceptors

Part 2: destroy the Death Stars reactor core. The empire has hurled all its available fighters into this defense, so be ready for anything. The pilots are willing to die for the empire, so you can only attack the shield generator once all the fighters have been destroyed. More will be back, however. There is no enrage timer, but you have no capital ship and these are the empires best pilots so they do lots of damage. (Expect a variation of around 6 TIE fighters/ tie advanced)

Rewards: jedi Luke shards and millennium falcon (EP VI) piloted by lando and nien nub.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Starkiller base!
    Phase 1: Phasma and FO troopers/officers ("Rescuing" Ray)
    Phase 2: Bringing down the shields (place detonators while fighting off FO troopers and officers-- unkillable Kylo eventually arrives)
    Phase 3: Bombing runs (ship battle! Fight off FO TIE fighters while bombing Starkiller Base)
    Phase 4: Kylo Ren

Reward: Admiral Leia + a Resistance capital ship
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »
    Jedi Temple Attack

This raid focuses on the attack on the Jedi Temple that ended the Jedi Order. What you encounter inside the temple depends on the alignment of your arena team leader.

Dark side get bonuses for Sith, and Clones. Light Side get bonuses for Jedi and Coruscant Underworld Police. Dark side would unlock Dark Anakin, while Light Side would unlock Jedi Weaponmaster Cin Drallig.

Dark Phase 1: Cin Drallig, and 2 Jedi Knight Guardians

This phase is all about speed. Cin will have multiple AoE attacks, mostly dealing little damage. But every 5 turns he'll use a team AoE, and if both his teammates are alive it will do massive damage. He also has speed down on his basic and stun on his second AoE. Every 5% health he loses will trigger new Jedi Knight Guardians to spawn, regardless of the status of the prior 2.

Light Phase 1: Darth Vader (Anakin) and 2 Clone Troopers.

This phase is about defense. Anakin hits HARD. Without high defense, even his basic will wreck most toons. Fortunately, he's also slow, letting his clones do most of the fighting. Clones appear to support Anakin every 5th turn for Anakin, and taunt if he takes more than 10% damage while they're there. Anakin has locked retribution, and deals healing immunity with his basic. His AoE puts buff immunity on everyone, as well as granting all clones 100% turn meter.

Dark Phase 2: 3 Jedi Knight Guardians and 3 Consulars

Nothing incredibly fancy here, just a new mechanic for raid phases. All 6 Jedi must fall, and each are tied to the health bar of the raid. Furthermore, consulars each can heal 1% of the health bar every 8 turns. Consulars are immune to stun, but not turn meter manipulation, and vice versa for the guardians.

Light Phase 2: Clone Captain, 2 Clone Sergeants, 2 Clone Troopers

Very similar mechanics to dark phase 2, except rather than healers the clones have creeping speed boosts. Every turn they take where the captain isn't dead, they go 5% faster.

Dark Phase 3: Cin Drallig

The final phase revolves around Cin alone. He has 100% counter chance and 50% stun chance on basic. His AoE deals minimal damage, but stuns your leader and has a 50% chance to stun any other team members. When he falls to 25% health left, Cin gets a locked advantage buff.

Light Phase 3: Darth Vader (Anakin)

Very similar to the Cin fight, except he trades in stuns for turn meter theft. Anakin can, very easily, take dozens of turns in a row. To alleviate this, he can also have his turn meter reduced, but only by Jedi. Any turn meter reduction attempts that aren't Jedi will result in Anakin immediately gaining 100% turn meter.

That's some pretty neat stuff I really like a raid on the temple and that you added both sides to the story as a defense mission and an attack mission!
    Well OP, take this!

Planet Mortis - Seize the planet of the force

- 3 Tiers (6*, 7*, Zetas only)
    - 3 Phases instead of 4

P1 - The Daughter (bonus for all LS toons): transforms into Griffin when down to 20% health and gets +X% to all stats
    P2 - The Son (bonus for all DS toons): transforms into Gargoyle when down to 20% health and gets +X% to all stats
    P3 - The Father (bonus of +X% on all stats if you use a team from only one faction): no need to transform, this guy is the power and can only beaten in a veeeerry loooooong fight

Speechless, huh?

I am quite speechless, I think it's unique you added a tier just for zetas which would be the ultimate player test of skill and dedication!
  • We do need extra material for higher level characters. The events are just laughable.

I also think ship levels should entail flying the ship, avoiding obstacles, and taking out simpler targets.

In no Star Wars movie ever did the ships huddle into a circle and battle like some 1950's gang fight. Ship levels should not mimic squad battles by any means.

We want diversity, not repetition..
  • Friendly Battles within guilds and being able to search for someone and battle them.
  • Wow, there have been so many good ideas floated on this board, it is hard to recall all of them. Those that resonated with me were more storyline dependent. Since we need more end-game content, they must require specific squad compositions/factions to complete them.

Shooting from the hip, one example might be
    Assault on the Imperial Shipyards. The Imperial R&D director Admiral Zaarin has gone rogue! Assemble your forces and liberate the research facility. Earn TIE Defender shards.
    • Defeat the Sentries: The shipyards are well-guarded. Penetrate the outer defenses and disable the station. Requires Grand Moff Tarkin, Imperial Star Destroyer Executrix, Imperial TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Reaper, TIE Bomber; if you have T/F, T/R, or T/B you get a squadron (3?) of each to arrange/reinforce as you please.
      1. Outlying Pickets: T/F + T/A
      2. Perimeter Defense: Imperial frigates
      3. Primary Defense: Imperial Star Destroyer + TIE Defenders
      4. Disable the Platform: T/F + platform turbolasers & missile launcher + shield generator
    • Regain the Facility: The platform has been disabled, now secure it and its vital technology. Requires General Veers, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, Snowtrooper.
      1. Secure the Hangar: Stormtroopers, Storm Commanders, Imperial Officer
      2. Storm the Bridge: Sandtroopers, Storm Commanders, Imperial Officers
      3. Subdue Zaarin: Admiral Zaarin, Deathtroopers, Shoretrooper, Imperial Officers
    • Rebel Sneak Attack: The Rebels are attacking while the defenses are down. Repel the invaders! Requires Director Krennic, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, TIE Fighter Pilot.
      1. Defend the Bridge: Plo Koon, Kanan, Ezra, Rebel troops
      2. Secure the Shield Generator: Rebel troops, officers, etc.
      3. Clear the Hangar: Jyn Erso, Baze Malbus, Chirrut Imwe, troops
    • Secure the Perimeter: The Rebels are bent on destroying what they can before they leave. Stop them! Requires Grand Admiral Thrawn, ISD Chimera, Gauntlet Starfighter, T/F, T/B.
      1. Clear the Starfighters: Ghost, Phantom, U-wings
      2. Destroy the Capital Ship: Calamari cruiser, X-wings, U-wings

So that's an Empire example. It could be a week-long event that runs daily, either PvE or GvE, whatever. For PvE, it could be hosted on a "feature" table (like a GW table) that changes every week or so. For GvE, it could be like a raid to allow more collaboration so not everybody would need every character in order to advance the objective.

In addition to T/D shards, rewards could be ship building materials and/or something completely different, perhaps some kind of "style" points that could be used to customize the skins of your ships or characters. Or maybe some ship omegas. Guilds could earn bragging points to show how superior they are. And of course, an Achievement with more Darth Vader shards (or perhaps something more useful).

I also like the idea of a Hoth assault where you get to play both sides of the board, Rebels advancing from the left, Empire from the right, until they meet in the middle.

And don't forget the Wampa supply room, the weekly event where you have to clear the Wampas out of the supply rooms to recover valuable gear before the Imperial assault arrives.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Wow, there have been so many good ideas floated on this board, it is hard to recall all of them. Those that resonated with me were more storyline dependent. Since we need more end-game content, they must require specific squad compositions/factions to complete them.

Assault on the Imperial Shipyards. The Imperial R&D director Admiral Zaarin has gone rogue! Assemble your forces and liberate the research facility. Earn TIE Defender shards.
    • Defeat the Sentries: The shipyards are well-guarded. Penetrate the outer defenses and disable the station. Requires Grand Moff Tarkin, Imperial Star Destroyer Executrix, Imperial TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Reaper, TIE Bomber; if you have T/F, T/R, or T/B you get a squadron (3?) of each to arrange/reinforce as you please.
      4. Disable the Platform: T/F + platform turbolasers & missile launcher + shield generator
    • Regain the Facility: The platform has been disabled, now secure it and its vital technology. Requires General Veers, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, Snowtrooper.
      3. Subdue Zaarin: Admiral Zaarin, Deathtroopers, Shoretrooper, Imperial Officers
    • Rebel Sneak Attack: The Rebels are attacking while the defenses are down. Repel the invaders! Requires Director Krennic, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, TIE Fighter Pilot.
    • Secure the Perimeter: The Rebels are bent on destroying what they can before they leave. Stop them! Requires Grand Admiral Thrawn, ISD Chimera, Gauntlet Starfighter, T/F, T/B.

So that's an Empire example. It could be a week-long event that runs daily, either PvE or GvE, whatever. For PvE, it could be hosted on a "feature" table (like a GW table) that changes every week or so. For GvE, it could be like a raid to allow more collaboration so not everybody would need every character in order to advance the objective.

In addition to T/D shards, rewards could be ship building materials and/or something completely different, perhaps some kind of "style" points that could be used to customize the skins of your ships or characters. Or maybe some ship omegas. Guilds could earn bragging points to show how superior they are. And of course, an Achievement with more Darth Vader shards (or perhaps something more useful).

I also like the idea of a Hoth assault where you get to play both sides of the board, Rebels advancing from the left, Empire from the right, until they meet in the middle.

And don't forget the Wampa supply room, the weekly event where you have to clear the Wampas out of the supply rooms to recover valuable gear before the Imperial assault arrives.

THIS SOUNDS FANATASTIC BUT WHY LIMIT IT TO A WEEK, why not make it end game content like you said. It's a series of missions( like this one for example) that unlock at level 85 and can require specific team compositions
  • Also: all of the game modes are constructed sequentially. It might be nice to build a table where each task is faction-specific, but does not necessarily require completion in a linear order, similar to the Phoenix events where we can complete T3 before even attempting T1, which allows those with incomplete rosters to complete as many parts as they can qualify for.
  • CameronD wrote: »
    Wow, there have been so many good ideas floated on this board, it is hard to recall all of them. Those that resonated with me were more storyline dependent. Since we need more end-game content, they must require specific squad compositions/factions to complete them.

THIS SOUNDS FANATASTIC BUT WHY LIMIT IT TO A WEEK, why not make it end game content like you said. It's a series of missions( like this one for example) that unlock at level 85 and can require specific team compositions

Sure, it could last longer, but if it just sits around forever, people get bored of it. So the idea is a "Feature" table which is much like the special event, but sits on a GW-like table which can change from time-to-time. The example above is Empire-centric; we could also have Features for Rebels, Scoundrels, Clones, Jedi, Ewoks, etc. Although, an Ewok Feature might be difficult since there are only four of them ... but maybe we could add other factions or just make copies of generic characters like EScout.
  • The Star Forge

Phase 1:Battle The One and other Black Rakata to free the Elders
    Phase 2: Battle the Invisible Mandalorians to gain access to the Temple of the Ancients
    Phase 3: Battle Bastilla aboard the Star Forge
    Phase 4: Battle Malak

Bonuses would go to Jedi

Rewards are Revan shards
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    CameronD wrote: »

Sure, it could last longer, but if it just sits around forever, people get bored of it. So the idea is a "Feature" table which is much like the special event, but sits on a GW-like table which can change from time-to-time. The example above is Empire-centric; we could also have Features for Rebels, Scoundrels, Clones, Jedi, Ewoks, etc. Although, an Ewok Feature might be difficult since there are only four of them ... but maybe we could add other factions or just make copies of generic characters like EScout.

We could keep it in a monthly rotation. On the feature table, for example, June could be empire, July rebels, August Jedi, September sith, October bounty hunters, November night sisters, ETc Etc
  • CameronD wrote: »
    CameronD wrote: »

We could keep it in a monthly rotation. On the feature table, for example, June could be empire, July rebels, August Jedi, September sith, October bounty hunters, November night sisters, ETc Etc

Another possibility is the Features could be selectable, such that multiple Features could be running at once, but the player only has the option of running one Feature a day, unless of course they pay some kind of special currency to refresh the table so they could play a different Feature. The multiple Feature option would only be necessary after the number of available Features became too large to rotate in a timely fashion.
  • AKHatbloke
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Guild Raid
    Recapture Naboo
    Bonuses: galactic republic and pilots
    Phase 1
    Fight your way through the separatists blockade with your ships.
    Phase 2
    Battle with the droidekas to recapture the palace.
    Phase 3
    Full fledged war against battle droids.
    Phase 4
    Return to your ships and defeat Nute Gunray's capital ship and a host of Vulture droids.