Best arena team for new players- w/o Rebels toons?

I know that everyone is excited or just interested in the newer, flashier toons and the meta. What I am asking in this post is if with all this releases/ reworks there is actually a viable counter now for the all mighty meta of Wiggs based rebels. So on one side we have all other factions in the game and on the other one all the rebels beside Baze and Sabine.
To qualify toons must meet 2 conditions: To be availabe to new players ( so DT or Shore for eg. are out) and to be effective against rebels on lower levels (so , for eg., TFP who needs an omega at l78 to became viable against Wiggs is out).
And to make things easier, what comp at l65 will beat an Wiggs Lando Chirrut STHan team at the same level at least 50% times on offense?

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    If you remove DT and ShT, remove also Baze since a new player has as many chance to get Baze as ShT.
  • "So on one side we have all other factions in the game and on the other one all the rebels beside Baze and Sabine". I already did in the OP.
    BulYwif wrote: »
    If you remove DT and ShT, remove also Baze since a new player has as many chance to get Baze as ShT.

• Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    New players can get Baze but can't star him up without spending loads of premium currency which could rather buy energy refreshes and aid in leveling up...StHan you can get to 7* pretty quickly and he still has lots of utility.

I recently rerolled and went to L28 for arena late in March 2017.
    After hanging around top30-50 for a long time, I can now take #1 most days during my payout with the following totally FTP team, beating most Wiggs-Chaze combos on the shard:

Lando 7* (lead)
    Boba 7*
    St Han 7*
    Qui-gon Jinn 7*
    Palpatine 6* (sure, you have to get some Rebels first to unlock him, but FTP nonetheless)

Currently LvL 77, been competitive since L65 ish

Only 2 rebels in here haha.

QGJ is there to dispel Baze taunt and grant offense up, allowing team to attack Chirrut.
    Boba execute is key to beating Chaze - use on Chirrut as soon as there are enough buffs&debuffs on him.
    Speed mods are essential, as in most places in the game, but even more so since you are at a power disadvantage to the Rogue1 and Wiggs-Chaze teams.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I would echo the post above me. My F2P phone account on a Nov shard maintained top 20 for a while using almost the same team: Lando (L), STHan, Qui-Gon, Boba, and Biggs (didn't have the rebels ready for Palp event then).

Over the next couple months this got pushed out by zQui-Gon, zMaul, and zVader teams however. But viable at "newer" levels, it certainly is and all of those toons are easily attainable (and STHan, Lando, and Qui-Gon are superbly easy to gear up).
  • Dryff wrote: »
    I would echo the post above me. My F2P phone account on a Nov shard maintained top 20 for a while using almost the same team: Lando (L), STHan, Qui-Gon, Boba, and Biggs (didn't have the rebels ready for Palp event then).

Over the next couple months this got pushed out by zQui-Gon, zMaul, and zVader teams however. But viable at "newer" levels, it certainly is and all of those toons are easily attainable (and STHan, Lando, and Qui-Gon are superbly easy to gear up).

So the best team to fight against rebel must contain 3 rebels ? If you replace QGJ with Wedge this is the typical team that rebel users ran until Baze became farmable.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    "So on one side we have all other factions in the game and on the other one all the rebels beside Baze and Sabine". I already did in the OP.
    BulYwif wrote: »

OK, I haven't seen that. This question is hard since the best way at that level to neutralize that team is EP, for who you need rebels. Before running my Jedi team, I was running EP, RG, Savage, Boba and a 5th (QGJ, JKA). Boba and QGJ are fast and can either dispell Han's taunt or block him. EP is a natural rebel killer too, stuns and gives Offense Up.
    Without EP, I think a Boba lead, IG-88, RG, QGJ + 5th (JKA for example) can be good.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Dryff wrote: »

So the best team to fight against rebel must contain 3 rebels ? If you replace QGJ with Wedge this is the typical team that rebel users ran until Baze became farmable.

@danflorian1984 well there are only 2 Rebels in that team (lando, han). Boba = bounty hunter, QGJ = jedi/galactic republic, Palp = Sith/Empire :)
    I have Biggs but don't run him in arena

but yes, most other teams holding top form are either wiggs-chaze, rex-chaze-DN with one jedi squad and 2 empire (trooper) squads in that shard
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »

@danflorian1984 well there are only 2 Rebels in that team (lando, han). Boba = bounty hunter, QGJ = jedi/galactic republic, Palp = Sith/Empire :)
    I have Biggs but don't run him in arena

but yes, most other teams holding top form are either wiggs-chaze, rex-chaze-DN with one jedi squad and 2 empire (trooper) squads in that shard

I was responding to Dryff who also uses Biggs in his team, hence the 3 rebels commentary.
    What troopers team are the 2 you mentioned? Veers, Shore and Dt are either unavailable or too long farms for new players.
  • You need rebels in this game. No point avoiding them. At your level I was still using Rey and shore and did pretty well. I had Boba and tried many different things to flush out the squad. Rebels are a necessary evil in this game
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    @danflorian1984 there are two, and certainly been paid for handsomely by their owners.
    One is a Tarkin lead with Veers, DT, Shore, Storm/Palp
    The other is Veers, DT, Shore, Storm, Thrawn!
    They are maxed out G9/10
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    You need rebels in this game. No point avoiding them. At your level I was still using Rey and shore and did pretty well. I had Boba and tried many different things to flush out the squad. Rebels are a necessary evil in this game

Fortunately I am past the beggining of the game. I am curently finishing top 5 in my December 16 shard using my sith. The reasons I made this thread are: 1 I was asked by a new player and the only things I could recomend were either a Rex lead, a IGD jedui lead or the team that kept me in top 50 when I dealt with Wiggs: Boba Vader RG TFP and Sun Fac.
    2. Sometimes I am thinking of starting a second account but then I remember the **** rebels and all excitment goes out the window. I guess I still have to wait until I can make it, although with the love that devs have for rebels that moment may never came.
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    @danflorian1984 there are two, and certainly been paid for handsomely by their owners.
    One is a Tarkin lead with Veers, DT, Shore, Storm/Palp
    The other is Veers, DT, Shore, Storm, Thrawn!
    They are maxed out G9/10

Well then, they either are great empire fans or they have also been bamboozled by the devs with their empire pass, because for those money they could have had way better teams.
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    the team that kept me in top 50 when I dealt with Wiggs: Boba Vader RG TFP and Sun Fac.

that would be a decent alternative team, though it takes time to get Sun Fac farmable when you start out new

I am planning to sometime move to a Sith-Empire team that would look something like this:
    EP (L) - Vader - TFP - Maul/Boba - Thrawn
    Although this team is tankless. RG could be subbed in depending on who you face.