Light side arena

Currently I'm running Maul, SA, Palp, DN and Kylo. My shard is full of Rex and triple cleanser teams.
I'm farming and gearing these guys for my next arena team. (11 shards to unlock GK):

R2D2- 8.5K (I have the necessary amount of zetas to zeta him)
(L) Rex- 8.3K
Chirrut- 6.1 K (will pass to gear X on this Sunday or Saturday)
Baze- 5.8K (gear VIII yet)
And
DN (already on my squad, gear X)

When will this squad get ready for use on arena? And what tips do you know? (about mods and etc)

Tks!

Replies

• Plz, any support would help!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Patience, young padawan. 23 minutes from your original post to your desperate bump. But ok, here we go:

It very much depends on your opponents in the arena. On my shard, a team with such low power wouldn't last in top—100. Maybe it will on your shard. There's really only one way to find out: Try it for a couple of battles (yes, with your best mods of course) and then evaluate.

One thing to consider:
    Your tank (Baze) is the one with the lowest power. Usually tanks have the highest power due to all that protection. It indicates that he will be too squishy.

Furthermore, if your team has significant low power, it will tend to attract attackers when in defense (unless, of course, it's well geared low star viable toons, like SA, DN etc.).
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Need Baze at least gear 10
  • Tks guys, I'll wait more and keep gearing them
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    You're in luck my friend as I've just switched to a similar team and taken over :-D

If you want good help from us you really could do with posting your swgoh profile so we can get an idea of where you're at. For example you haven't said what stars your toons are at.

1. If you're in a shard full of triple cleansers I have to assume it's a strong shard. Therefore everyone will need to be gear 11 pretty much. You can't hope to survive at the top without this. Rex must be gear 11 because his health/protection is very low at the best of times. DN gains just under 9k basic protection (so 15k+ with mods)going from 10 to 11.

2. Make Rex your fastest toon. Everyone except me in my shard makes the mistake of having DN fastest. Rex being the fastest on the field will ensure your 4 have the best chance of going first and crucially, your DN before theirs. I've not lost a single battle on offence since I switched because my Rex goes first.

3. You must zeta DN's unique. this keeps everyone debuffed for the most part even with triple cleanse around. again, this gets you closer to killing and limits their abilities. the opposition will have this zeta and if theirs go first, you may lose.

good luck.
  • Rapid wrote: »
    You're in luck my friend as I've just switched to a similar team and taken over :-D

If you want good help from us you really could do with posting your swgoh profile so we can get an idea of where you're at. For example you haven't said what stars your toons are at.

1. If you're in a shard full of triple cleansers I have to assume it's a strong shard. Therefore everyone will need to be gear 11 pretty much. You can't hope to survive at the top without this. Rex must be gear 11 because his health/protection is very low at the best of times. DN gains just under 9k basic protection (so 15k+ with mods)going from 10 to 11.

2. Make Rex your fastest toon. Everyone except me in my shard makes the mistake of having DN fastest. Rex being the fastest on the field will ensure your 4 have the best chance of going first and crucially, your DN before theirs. I've not lost a single battle on offence since I switched because my Rex goes first.

3. You must zeta DN's unique. this keeps everyone debuffed for the most part even with triple cleanse around. again, this gets you closer to killing and limits their abilities. the opposition will have this zeta and if theirs go first, you may lose.

good luck.

Thank you very much sir! I'll send the link right now

good luck.

Thank you very much! I'll send the link right now.
  • I am with some concerns with my mods too
  • I was confused if you could acess all the things without be loged in, so I've send a lot of links
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    lol.

ok so here's what you need to know:

1. Chirrut isn't strong enough with 4 stars. The team you're looking for is low DPS and chirrut is the hardest hitter. He's got to be 5 star at the very very least but 6 star really. He'll definitely have to be gear 11 if you want to run him from 5 star and make sure you have at least 186% crit damage on him. I run him at 6 star with this and he crits for knocking on 30k with his nuke. The question is what have you been playing at in the fleet store to only have him at 4?!

2. Baze at 3 stars need to be gear 11. without a doubt. Get the light side hard battles sorted and star him up slowly....for free. I run him at 4 stars and he's fine (nearly 5 yay).

3. Don't wait for GK! Are you kidding me? you have a gear 11 kylo or gear 10 R2. they will do the job until you gear 11 GK. Kylo could do with being zetad though so I'd be tempted to run R2. try them both and see what you think.

4. Your mods are on a par with most of the guys on my shard so should be fine. Obviously I don't know what the other guys in your shard run so it's all relative.
    lol.

ok so here's what you need to know:

1. Chirrut isn't strong enough with 4 stars. The team you're looking for is low DPS and chirrut is the hardest hitter. He's got to be 5 star at the very very least but 6 star really. He'll definitely have to be gear 11 if you want to run him from 5 star and make sure you have at least 186% crit damage on him. I run him at 6 star with this and he crits for knocking on 30k with his nuke. The question is what have you been playing at in the fleet store to only have him at 4?!

2. Baze at 3 stars need to be gear 11. without a doubt. Get the light side hard battles sorted and star him up slowly....for free. I run him at 4 stars and he's fine (nearly 5 yay).

3. Don't wait for GK! Are you kidding me? you have a gear 11 kylo or gear 10 R2. they will do the job until you gear 11 GK. Kylo could do with being zetad though so I'd be tempted to run R2. try them both and see what you think.

4. Your mods are on a par with most of the guys on my shard so should be fine. Obviously I don't know what the other guys in your shard run so it's all relative.

Hehe I gave up on ships, unfortunaly the last year of highschool is killing my time lol. After your comment I was planning to put my zetas on DN, what do u think? Yeah, I'm planning to put R2 paired with them. Luckly, light side 9-C is 3 starred, so no problem on farming him, excluding the fact that the RNGesus is not my friend. Lol
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    ok well I'd advise picking up ships again. zetas are so crucial. squad arena and ship arena is directly linked for this reason. It's very difficult to be a top squad arena player without being in at least the top 200 in ships. if you don't like it, just auto all your battles.

So the zeta choice is a difficult one. kylo has one of the best in the game and is very useful for HAAT. I do think that DN zeta is crucial for the team you want to run though. If it were me that's the way I would go purely because you can get away without zetas on R2 (although that would be nice) so kylo can wait until later down the line, especially if GK is your end game.

I certainly wouldn't put your zeta anywhere until your team are ready to be deployed. if it's going to take you 3-4 weeks to be ready, a lot can change in this game in that amount of time.
    ok well I'd advise picking up ships again. zetas are so crucial. squad arena and ship arena is directly linked for this reason. It's very difficult to be a top squad arena player without being in at least the top 200 in ships. if you don't like it, just auto all your battles.

So the zeta choice is a difficult one. kylo has one of the best in the game and is very useful for HAAT. I do think that DN zeta is crucial for the team you want to run though. If it were me that's the way I would go purely because you can get away without zetas on R2 (although that would be nice) so kylo can wait until later down the line, especially if GK is your end game.

I certainly wouldn't put your zeta anywhere until your team are ready to be deployed. if it's going to take you 3-4 weeks to be ready, a lot can change in this game in that amount of time.

Tks man :)
  • About ships, I'll auto them, altough they made me restart the game several times
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    About ships, I'll auto them, altough they made me restart the game several times

I once had that problem and the reason was that my phone at the time was so **** it crashed out the RAM and forced it to close.

good luck with it all.

• Tks for the great help @Rapid ! Already working on these points.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Tks for the great help @Rapid ! Already working on these points.

no worries mate :-)