Why all the love for phoenix squad?

Prev13
I like SW rebels well enough, but it got cancelled. Just in time for this game to be rife with all the characters from it(except Old Rex, for some reason). Now we have the Thrawn event, which only rewards whoever bought these new phoenix characters. It's just another huge dis to all the casual players, which is all that will be left of this game if prices or announcements don't improve.

Replies

• no one loves, or even likes those garbage toons. it's a blatant money grab.
  • You can make this argument for SW: Clone Wars, which was cancelled after 5 seasons (and then picked up by Netflix for a 6th). That's where the game got Ahsoka, all the clones, Nightsisters, and a number of other toons in the game.

Thrawn has been in SW lore for awhile and a lot of people like the character.
  • Everything in the game is a money grab one way or another...I was able to get my Phoenix toons (except Sabine) up to 5 stars with regular farming. The event actually benefits F2P and small fishes.

Phoenix Squad is a very good group to use when one starts in the game through mid-level. Ezra, Sabine, and Hera are usable on their own.
  • It's not cancelled. Season 4 is still happening.
  • Clone wars is far better than Rebels (my opinion)
  • Clone wars is far better than Rebels (my opinion)

I would agree but I am sure there are others who like the Rebels series.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Because they like to stress people out.

People who can't handle the stress call it a cash grab because they feel; a- they need what ever is offered right away at max lvl, b- they feel like they need to be spending money rather then enjoying the free game that is all around them.
  • People *love* them?

Jokes aside, I'm sure there are some who do. To each his own I suppose.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    It's not cancelled. Season 4 is still happening.

Ending after season 4? is that still the case?
  • I just like characters that are designed well. Ezra, sabine and kanan are pretty cool and I haven't even watched Rebels just read other people's summaries of the series but they seem pretty interesting . I don't really understand the hate for them other than "they're cartoon characters and aren't in the original trilogies or EU" couldn't care less where they're from as long as they look cool.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Didn't know Rebels was getting cancelled until now, kind of surprising. I don't think the Thrawn event (and Pheonix) is worth stressing out about unless you have the gear for him
  • because it's disney and they have a good guy image to protect. can't have disney endorsing evil sith and empire ;)
  • I like SW rebels well enough, but it got cancelled. Just in time for this game to be rife with all the characters from it(except Old Rex, for some reason). Now we have the Thrawn event, which only rewards whoever bought these new phoenix characters. It's just another huge dis to all the casual players, which is all that will be left of this game if prices or announcements don't improve.

Rebels wasn't cancelled. They are doing 1 more season....after that, they'll basically be up to Rogue One in the timeline and there's not anywhere else the show can go....it's purpose was always to bridge the gap up to that point in the timeline. Lucasfilm is moving onto its next series.

Also, almost every character in this game is farmable within a relatively short period after release. Casual and F2P should not get every single thing in this game without any money or work....it's Galaxy of Heroes, not Galaxy of Handouts.
    no one loves, or even likes those garbage toons. it's a blatant money grab.

That's your opinion. There are actually a lot of people who like and have watched both shows.
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    You can make this argument for SW: Clone Wars, which was cancelled after 5 seasons (and then picked up by Netflix for a 6th).

The show wasn't actually picked up by Netflix....they had already produced enough material for about half of Season 6 when Disney decided to focus on post-Revenge of the Sith stuff and start working on the Rebels show. As Disney has a deal with Netflix, they were able to put the already produced episodes onto Netflix.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Rebels wasn't cancelled, it's just finishing after next season.
    Dave Filoni, the supervising director of both Clone Wars and Rebels says that he's already planning another animated Star Wars series after Rebels.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Rebels isn't getting cancelled, it's ending after 4 seasons (this coming season)
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    You can make this argument for SW: Clone Wars, which was cancelled after 5 seasons (and then picked up by Netflix for a 6th). That's where the game got Ahsoka, all the clones, Nightsisters, and a number of other toons in the game.

Nightsisters were one of the main farms in Star Wars Galaxies

• Allenb60 wrote: »
    Didn't know Rebels was getting cancelled until now, kind of surprising. I don't think the Thrawn event (and Pheonix) is worth stressing out about unless you have the gear for him

It's not getting cancelled it was already planned to end after the 4th season and from what I read Filoni stated that it would tie up loose ends with Rebels, Clone Wars and tie in with Rogue One. Not sure what the OP is talking about

https://www.google.com/amp/www.christianpost.com/amp/star-wars-rebels-season-4-plot-update-will-fans-finally-know-of-ahsokas-fate-181181/
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    because it's disney and they have a good guy image to protect. can't have disney endorsing evil sith and empire ;)

oh yeah, totally..kinda like how they had rogue 1 end with the rebels getting slautered 1 by 1?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »

It's not getting cancelled it was already planned to end after the 4th season and from what I read Filoni stated that it would tie up loose ends with Rebels, Clone Wars and tie in with Rogue One. Not sure what the OP is talking about

https://www.google.com/amp/www.christianpost.com/amp/star-wars-rebels-season-4-plot-update-will-fans-finally-know-of-ahsokas-fate-181181/

cancelled, ending, same difference
  • I didn't like Rebels at first, but they grew a place into my heart. I just want EA to bring Rex and the Inquistadors.
  • Retiring today after 18 straight months. Was here from almost the beginning. Game has become too much like work.
  • Rebels is a pretty good show. It got better as it went along. My problem with it is the garbage filler episodes. Far fewer in later seasons. It looks like there probably won't be any filler episodes for the last season, hopefully.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    You can make this argument for SW: Clone Wars, which was cancelled after 5 seasons (and then picked up by Netflix for a 6th). That's where the game got Ahsoka, all the clones, Nightsisters, and a number of other toons in the game.

Nightsisters were one of the main farms in Star Wars Galaxies

Galaxies was so great until ppl starting unlocking Jedi... still makes me sad that mmo didn't last longer or have better support.
  • I used to hate them and all ways found them to be trash but I actually enjoy them now as they take strategy to use.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Rebels wasn't cancelled.

At least that's the idea I'm getting from this thread.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    because it's disney and they have a good guy image to protect. can't have disney endorsing evil sith and empire ;)

oh yeah, totally..kinda like how they had rogue 1 end with the rebels getting slautered 1 by 1?

care to explain why so many rebels exist and have been released? how about all the synergies and power they seem have?

i know this game isn't canon but in the canon universe 5 rebels would never be able to wipe out 1 sith let alone 5.

rebels are CLEARLY the choice by the dev's. either they have made this choice all on their own or disney is ramming it down their throats.

they should be loosing sleep over all the money they are missing by not showing balance to all factions. i wonder how many more people would drop money in this game if their favorite toons or factions got the kind of favoritism rebels get.

disney seems to forget this is a game. in a game your suppose to be able to do things you can't do in real life. just because everyone should be a good guy in real life doesn't mean they should in games as well.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

care to explain why so many rebels exist and have been released? how about all the synergies and power they seem have?

i know this game isn't canon but in the canon universe 5 rebels would never be able to wipe out 1 sith let alone 5.

rebels are CLEARLY the choice by the dev's. either they have made this choice all on their own or disney is ramming it down their throats.

they should be loosing sleep over all the money they are missing by not showing balance to all factions. i wonder how many more people would drop money in this game if their favorite toons or factions got the kind of favoritism rebels get.

disney seems to forget this is a game. in a game your suppose to be able to do things you can't do in real life. just because everyone should be a good guy in real life doesn't mean they should in games as well.

Sith are viable af.

A full sith team can destroy a full rebel team. The "rebel" squad that stops sith is a hybrid sometimes including a jedi, a sith, and a clone. And even then sith can still win.

Also why do you keep pointing the finger at Disney for rebel love? Do you not remember the REBELS winning in the Original Trilogy that Disney had nothing to do with?
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Rebels wasn't cancelled.

At least that's the idea I'm getting from this thread.

^this :D
  • Mullato wrote: »

Sith are viable af.

A full sith team can destroy a full rebel team. The "rebel" squad that stops sith is a hybrid sometimes including a jedi, a sith, and a clone. And even then sith can still win.

Also why do you keep pointing the finger at Disney for rebel love? Do you not remember the REBELS winning in the Original Trilogy that Disney had nothing to do with?

Rebels are overrepresented compared with the other factions in the game or the entire source material. They are an unbalanced shitfest of an godlike faction leveling up and still OP at end game. There rebel toons available at level 60 better than multiple zeta and omegas toons. They are required for 2 Legendary events and other events, including needed for unlocking the best empire toons. There is GREAT bias for rebel toons and against the players that decided not to use them in this game( especially for players that started playing the game in the last year) from the first level of the game.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Sith are viable af.

Yes, exactly. I personally don't care about those cartoons, it's a game and if a toon is interesting in term of game play, I'll try to get it. I don't run after Chaze because I don't find them interesting to play. But I still find Wiggs interesting, along with some Phoenix toons that could be useful too.

Sith are viable af.

Rebels are overrepresented compared with the other factions in the game or the entire source material. They are an unbalanced shitfest of an godlike faction leveling up and still OP at end game. There rebel toons available at level 60 better than multiple zeta and omegas toons. They are required for 2 Legendary events and other events, including needed for unlocking the best empire toons. There is GREAT bias for rebel toons and against the players that decided not to use them in this game( especially for players that started playing the game in the last year) from the first level of the game.

It's traditionally the enemies of the toon to unlock that is used. Rebels for EP and so Phoenix for Thrawn. The same for R2 where its main enemy was Empire. Jedis are used for Yoda since it's a practice, not a fight. If they do create another Legendary Event for a DS toon, it'll be aslo a LS squad that will be used, and I prefer to use Rebels than Ewoks or Jawas since they're also useful in some other part of the game.