Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Yoda has a bug.

You can give your squad evasion up even if yoda doesn't have the buff on him. Just need Luminara as lead.
  • Man can't wait to get my Yoda.. sadly I hope I can get him in this 7 days.
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • eBitzu wrote: »
    Man can't wait to get my Yoda.. sadly I hope I can get him in this 7 days.

Don't worry, he is not that good on 5 stars.
  • blkdymnd
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This is completely undoable unless you had started yourself on a light jedi path to begin with it feels like. Most of the stuff in game has been able to be accomplished by the casual player. I am mostly a ftp guy, but I have actually spent what I consider a decent amount on this game, because it's a very fun game and keeps you involved with all the different options. I have Kylo Ren, and I did it playing casually. I have Darth Vader, because I worked up for it and didn't need to bust out the wallet badly. But this is so specialized, there is no way I'll ever acheive it at my current level. I was able to get 100 shards, but that's as far as it looks like I'll get. Which on literally any other character in the game would have at least got you the 3-4 star version. I've been more of a character collector than a "bust everyone to 7 stars" kind of guy, I guess that a mistake on my part.
  • It says in the update that this event will be repeated at a later date. Therefore, I am wondering if someone from EA answer this question: Let's say we have 5 4* Jedi and do the first 4 tiers of the event and collect the Yoda shards. The next time the event comes around, will the first 4 tiers reopen and allow us to collect those shards again? Thus accumulating enough shards to allow us to unlock a Yoda without actually having to beat the 5th tier. I'm sure many players want to know if they can continue working on whatever characters they are working toward or if they should start working on Jedi if they really want a Yoda...
  • It says in the update that this event will be repeated at a later date. Therefore, I am wondering if someone from EA answer this question: Let's say we have 5 4* Jedi and do the first 4 tiers of the event and collect the Yoda shards. The next time the event comes around, will the first 4 tiers reopen and allow us to collect those shards again? Thus accumulating enough shards to allow us to unlock a Yoda without actually having to beat the 5th tier. I'm sure many players want to know if they can continue working on whatever characters they are working toward or if they should start working on Jedi if they really want a Yoda...

No, your progress is saved. You cannot replay the tiers you already passed.
  • 7th stage is really hard but I'm guessing it's doable if you keep retreating until Anakin is one of the supports. I used a maxed out QGJ, Lumi, JC, and a fairly weak Fitso and JK Guardian and got Yoda down to just him and 75% health. If I replaced the 2 weaklings it'd have been a good fight but I'm like the others who focused on good characters and synergy and left Jedi builds pretty low.
  • "Do you have what it takes to train against a Jedi Grand Master?" I don't know...nor do I have a reasonable way of finding out. Despite playing for months, I lack the units to even participate in this ballyhooed Yoda promotion. I'm happy for the players that, via purchases or luck, you have a viable team.

I am a single voice for those of us who are excluded. This promotion represents the absolute worst example of "pay to win". Actually, it's worse because I'm not even given a chance to "win". So, isn't this "pay to play"? That's what AAA premium titles are for, not a free game. Its aggressive, manipulative marketing, exclusionary, and wrong.

From my perspective, I have two options: continue to play the portions of the game I'm allowed to, or recognize that the producers of this entertainment product don't value my time, investment (including money), and patronage. Does anyone else feel similarly? I appreciate your time in reading this and hope everyone has a good day.
  • Altoholic wrote: »
    Why isn't Rey considered a Jedi in the game, we all know she has the force , and is going to be trained under Luke Skywalker, just wondering??

Ummmm......for the same reason the current Luke Skywalker in the game isn't considered a Jedi either? It's at a different time of their life. No doubt there will be a Jedi Luke released in the future. Jedi Rey will probably get released when she's actually a Jedi, so like after the next movie.

Since they don't let you have doubles on a team, they probably will replace the old Luke. Later on down the line, I'm guessing there will be some event to convert the non Jedi Luke into a Jedi. This way, they make everyone to first buy the non jedi Luke, then go through some process to upgrade him into a Jedi.
  • I have to say I saw this coming. The way they molded the Galactic War. They wanted the players to "branch out" on character leveling. I ignored it and continued to work on my nightsisters. Now I can steamroll GW, but lack the jedi rarity to complete the event. Its a trade off, if you choose to focus on PvP and beefed up the meta, if you choose to beef up a darkside group for the missions, then you made your choice.

I'll just have to switch my focus to jedi now. It may take a while to get a 7* yoda, but ill get it eventually. If they wanted everyone to complete it on the first day, they wouldnt bring it back in a month.
  • Berdiche4 wrote: »
    "Do you have what it takes to train against a Jedi Grand Master?" I don't know...nor do I have a reasonable way of finding out. Despite playing for months, I lack the units to even participate in this ballyhooed Yoda promotion. I'm happy for the players that, via purchases or luck, you have a viable team.

I am a single voice for those of us who are excluded. This promotion represents the absolute worst example of "pay to win". Actually, it's worse because I'm not even given a chance to "win". So, isn't this "pay to play"? That's what AAA premium titles are for, not a free game. Its aggressive, manipulative marketing, exclusionary, and wrong.

From my perspective, I have two options: continue to play the portions of the game I'm allowed to, or recognize that the producers of this entertainment product don't value my time, investment (including money), and patronage. Does anyone else feel similarly? I appreciate your time in reading this and hope everyone has a good day.

I mention this only because it is brought up in every thread. I have never dropped a single purchase on this game. This event is not only for the P2W crowd. It is for people that tried to balance their roster.

I completed stages 1-4, but lack the 5*Jedi to enter that round. I am amazed that so many people only went for teams to try for the #1 spot in Arena. A well rounded team has served me well in GW and challenges. I am horrible in Arena. Never in the top 200, and happy to stay in top 500 tier awards. I may have a shot at stage 5 this week, but if not, next time it comes.

And you know what? If any other team specific events come around, I may have a shot at those as well. Because I went after more than a copycat team in the #1 rank in arena.

If you want him, get to work. You'll get another chance.
  • Hawk7915 wrote: »
    Divoc wrote: »
    So you need 5 x 7-star jedi to unlock a 7-star yoda... Who the h.. has 5 x 7-star jedi??? I play since 3-4 months and i inly have one 7-star jedi, two 5-star and two 2-star ...so the maximum yoda i can get is a crappy 2-star one? Thank you for nothing... :'(

What CG is telling you with this even: "Spend more money!" This event is a reward to the high rollers. Let's be honest. Who was focusing on a jedi team before this event was announced.

I am a 100% F2P player, and I didn't start until December 27th which means I missed the launch month and I juuuust missed the free Poe Dameron and FOTP. When the event was announced, I had...

7* Luminara (because she's crucial for GW)
    3* Consular (I farmed him up a little since he helps in GW occasionally)
    2* Jedi Guardian (lucky Bronzium pull but no investment or training)

I had been banking my Squad Cantina and Squad Arena currency and had 600 and 800 saved, respectively, when the event was announced so I immediately started working on Jedi Guardian, Eeth Koth, and Mace Windu. As of this morning, spending 300 crystals a day on Squad Cantina refills and reliably finishing in the top 20 of my server, my Jedi team is now...

7* Luminara (Maxed at Level 63, GL 7)
    4* Jedi Consular (Level 61, GL 7)
    4* Jedi Guardian (only level 50, GL 5)
    4* Mace Windu (only level 60, GL 6)
    4* Eeth Koth (only level 40, GL 4)

It's going to be extremely tight - I may have to spend some more crystals on Consular or Windu shards that appear in my shipments if my luck isn't good, and I won't be unlocking Yoda until the very last night of the event. Training droids are also a barrier - my reliable GW clears have left me with 2M credits banked but my droid supply is running low and it's going to take an unreal amount to take Eeth from 40 to 63 or 64. But it is absolutely possible, with planning and dedication, to have a 5* Jedi team by the end of the event even if you weren't working on it previously. It may be a bit late now, but I posted a helpful guide on the matter here: Farming five 5* Jedi.

Good luck, everyone, and with you may the Force be :)

From what I have seen a JKG wont get you very far on stage 7

QGJ is the obvious choice there
    Roger roger
  • Yoda just got killed by 1 shot from resistance trooper. Isn't he supposed to be "masterful jedi"? 1 shot kill from resistance trooper is just funny, especially that he was almost full HP and they both had the same number of stars. Someone please explain this to me... -.-
  • I'm proud to say that Im F2P and I'll be waiting patiently until I can farm him just like any other character. I don't need to rush. If it's available, I'll earn him eventually. Although, the 7* is quite appealing.
  • Darken wrote: »
    Yoda just got killed by 1 shot from resistance trooper. Isn't he supposed to be "masterful jedi"? 1 shot kill from resistance trooper is just funny, especially that he was almost full HP and they both had the same number of stars. Someone please explain this to me... -.-

Please provide more detail. Even if you have a 5 star yoda at lvl 1, I'm pretty sure he'll be one shot by anything in the later stages.
  • I thought my max geared 7* Jedi lv70 Jedi team would at least have a chance. Turned out they were no match at all for Yoda. :)

Question is... Will ANYBODY beat this little ball of death? Anybody got a good strategy yet?
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    I thought my max geared 7* Jedi lv70 Jedi team would at least have a chance. Turned out they were no match at all for Yoda. :)

Question is... Will ANYBODY beat this little ball of death? Anybody got a good strategy yet?
    There was a guy earlier that posted a pic of getting yoda 6 star already. Insane players..
  • Muajin wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I thought my max geared 7* Jedi lv70 Jedi team would at least have a chance. Turned out they were no match at all for Yoda. :)

There was a guy earlier that posted a pic of getting yoda 6 star already. Insane players..

Well mine is presently one gear piece away from gear level VIII, level 70 and 6*... Now if I could only find a viable strategy for that final insane battle.
  • Yep just saw a guy on my server with level 6 Yoda B)
  • Berdiche4 wrote: »
    "Do you have what it takes to train against a Jedi Grand Master?" I don't know...nor do I have a reasonable way of finding out. Despite playing for months, I lack the units to even participate in this ballyhooed Yoda promotion. I'm happy for the players that, via purchases or luck, you have a viable team.

No, Yoda is a very powerful character and should be hard to attain. Plus if you are one of those people who chose to farm Poe and GS and egg. Instead of jedi, like I did, then that was your choice and not their fault. I chose to get many characters instead of focusing on a couple and I pay for that in Arena for sure. I'm glad all the Poe/Gs/ect abusers, mostly at least, will have more trouble to get another way strong character. Maybe this way, if Yoda is good enough, other people may be able to gain some ground on previous group I mentioned. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean in any way, I'm just saying how I feel and sorry if it happens to be in response to your post instead of someone else. You can't expect them to completely change the event bc some people who went a certain path in game and now aren't in a position to IMMEDIATELY attain a 7* yoda, especially when they have already benefited from op characters, IMHO of course.
  • If our progress is saved. Why even turn the event off? What is the point? Now I could understand if progress was reset, then it would make sense to turn the event off and bring it back once a month or so.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Muajin wrote: »

Well mine is presently one gear piece away from gear level VIII, level 70 and 6*... Now if I could only find a viable strategy for that final insane battle.

I hear ya, it's insane how hard it is. I breezed through first 6 then hit a brick wall :smile:

I'm only at gear 5 bc I don't have the energy left to get gear.
    Darken wrote: »
    Yoda just got killed by 1 shot from resistance trooper. Isn't he supposed to be "masterful jedi"? 1 shot kill from resistance trooper is just funny, especially that he was almost full HP and they both had the same number of stars. Someone please explain this to me... -.-

What lvl and start and gear is your Yoda? That I is one of the giant issues right now that most are against and a few defend is the whole 1 - 2 shot kills on 7* maxed health characters. Even my high health toons like kylo well go down in 2 - 3, maybe 4 if attacking character isn't one of the super damage ones or lower star/lvl, shots.
  • I got yoda and have him almost gear level IX.
  • * sorry 7* as well
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Muajin wrote: »

So far from what I have seen others post

Ima, Kit and Ayla counter helps clear the eye(focus or something)

If he is with Anikan he has virtually zero health(hopefully a bug they don't fix by the time I get there)

If he is with Bariss you can focus her down to near death and wait for her to equalise a few times then finish off Yoda once he is in the red
    Roger roger
  • I got the perfect matchup, Yoda with Anakin (super low health) and Barriss. Was gonna try and get Barriss to kill Yoda off. I failed miserably. I'm going to need my Barriss at 7*, that's the only answer. I'll be ready by the next time this event rolls by.

Ten easy minutes with the first six levels, then an hour of futile struggle against impossible odds. While I like the idea and hope GC will launch more events, I feel that this did end a little abruptly. And definitely did not have enough play time.

On a positive note, very nice and generous rewards for extremely little work. If I had a hat I'd tip it.
  • i was excited but the restrictions are stupid, this is why i wont spend money, 85$ for the anakin bundle seriously??????????? no freaking way, i only have 4 jedi and am not interested in getting a 5th because i am always trying to better my arena team so if the restrictions were not so lame i could play in the event. not happy EA you made a super fun game but really silly restrictions and way to expensive bundles, i would gladly pay 10$ for a character if it was worth using in game, i will not pay a dime until there is a realistic bundle available
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well think of it this way. They're rewarding the whales who spent several thousand $$ on the game. That's nice.
  • Darth_Louiewon
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    12672200_709059435889627_7208400233041084003_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
    Loving Grand Master Yoda! Great choice @EA_Jesse . General Krell would be a great add as well. The guy with 4 arms and two double light Saber staves. He would look really cool!
    Post edited by Darth_Louiewon on
  • 7* yoda is not possible at level 70.
This discussion has been closed.