To HAAT or not, that is the question...

I currently finish top 3 easily in the heroic pit raid and regular tank raid. I have a solid squad and could contribute on a HAAT raid but would not be top 3. Am I better ignoring GK and getting current raid gear, credits, etc or jumping to a new guild, potentially finishing near the bottom for both raids, getting fewer rewards, but GK shards? I like my laid back guild with no crazy requirements but we are nowhere near an HAAT raid and probably never will be.

Replies

• Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    Being part of a good community can make the game feel a lot better than chasing GK. There are the Pros and the Cons of chasing GK, but it's a lot to invest in timewise, may be worth enjoying game with friends. I think about this often because I miss the guys I started the game with and have become less engaged with the game chasing down a HAAT guild.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Well, Kenobi it's a beast and HAAT rewards might be better as you most probably will do more raids, more guild coins, credits, etc etc
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You can always make an alt account and use it in your existing guild. Get the gk shards with your main then come back.
    Hit the gym.
  • I made the switch. Best decision. Any placement in haat is mostly better then placing top in aat. Plus you will still rank well in rancor. Hard fast rule you will find is making 600 tickets everyday.
  • Collii
    47 posts Member
    I made the switch and it was hard leaving but the new guild I'm in is more organised and chatty and I really want GK
  • Kenobi is awesome. Try to make great friends with the new guild. Meet new people. You will never know until you try.
  • Also don't get fooled with rewards description. Most ppl in my guild have noticed that wherever you rank, chances to get a full piece of gear are rather similar. So don't bother with ranking.
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Also don't get fooled with rewards description. Most ppl in my guild have noticed that wherever you rank, chances to get a full piece of gear are rather similar. So don't bother with ranking.

That's true. Though, the individual salvage is slightly better.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Also don't get fooled with rewards description. Most ppl in my guild have noticed that wherever you rank, chances to get a full piece of gear are rather similar. So don't bother with ranking.

That's true. Though, the individual salvage is slightly better.

And the chances to get full pieces are horrible anyways so you're probably not going to get a full piece. As in try to get more salvage ;)
  • Stick by your team man, one day you will reach HAAT status
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    People have given good advice here. Having gone through a few guilds I will say that you should not leave a guild without a good reason. What constitutes a good reason is up to you. The only thing I will say right now is that the state of this game right now seems to rely more on community more than anything else. It's the people you associate with in the guilds that will make or break the game for you. Find a guild of like minded people and stick with them. If you're already in a guild like that then stay. If not then search for another guild and try to fine the right one for you.
  • It's a game.

Unless you know these people in RL no one will hold it against you.

Yeah, you had some good times with them, but keep in touch via some guild chat app. Switch over get him, then if you really want to, go back.

It takes a lot of work to build up a guild. If people don't care to line with your goals, then your goals are irrelevant.

If you intend on playing this game, then play it. If you're in this game for social activity then do that.

A HAAT guild can do both.
  • I currently finish top 3 easily in the heroic pit raid and regular tank raid. I have a solid squad and could contribute on a HAAT raid but would not be top 3. Am I better ignoring GK and getting current raid gear, credits, etc or jumping to a new guild, potentially finishing near the bottom for both raids, getting fewer rewards, but GK shards? I like my laid back guild with no crazy requirements but we are nowhere near an HAAT raid and probably never will be.

Ditch your guild ASAP.

GK is King, and all you need to be in a hAAT guild is 600 tickets aka 2 energy refreshes.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Collii wrote: »
    I made the switch and it was hard leaving but the new guild I'm in is more organised and chatty and I really want GK

Is this the same colliii from TNM? If so, this is smokes...
  • Link your swgoh profile.

It's definitely worth it to get into a guild that can beat HAAT. Right now it's just Kenobi, but a couple months from now it could be another toon that is inaccessible to you.