Thrawn Basics not functioning correctly

Karek77
292 posts Member
Title says it all. According to the explanation of manipulate: Characters: Deal Special damage to target enemy, grant them Speed Up for 1 turn, or if they already had Ability Block, inflict Stun for 1 turn instead. When this Speed Up expires, inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. These effects can't be Resisted. Raid Bosses: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted.

Speed up expires as soon as their turn starts, so that is when they should get ability block. What use is manipulate if they get ability block AFTER they use a skill.

Replies

• Interesting. So when Jyn gains advantage on her Basic attack, this advantage should immediately be added to her current Basic attack, thus resulting in a crit hit. This is what you're saying right now.

The speed up expires once the turn is OVER. Not during the turn of the toon. Explain to me, which toon/ability does that?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Interesting. So when Jyn gains advantage on her Basic attack, this advantage should immediately be added to her current Basic attack, thus resulting in a crit hit. This is what you're saying right now.

The speed up expires once the turn is OVER. Not during the turn of the toon. Explain to me, which toon/ability does that?

Teebo, giving stealth to other Ewoks. (I think it's bugged)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Karek77 wrote: »
    What use is manipulate if they get ability block AFTER they use a skill.
    Allows thrawn's stun to work without another AB in the team.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Interesting. So when Jyn gains advantage on her Basic attack, this advantage should immediately be added to her current Basic attack, thus resulting in a crit hit. This is what you're saying right now.

Speed up expires as soon as a character gets a turn not after. And as explained in the skill, ability block is applied when speed up expires.
  • There are a couple of uses with this.

If you have a dispelled like DT, he can strip speed up off of them resulting in AB before they can move.

Another instance where this is useful is DN.

Nihilus can use Drain Force and be ready to annihilate but on his next turn will be ability blocked.

Speed up expires as soon as a character gets a turn not after. And as explained in the skill, ability block is applied when speed up expires.

No it does not, what positive/negative status effect, expires during someone's turn? They all expire once the turn is over.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Karek77 wrote: »

No it does not, what positive/negative status effect, expires during someone's turn? They all expire once the turn is over.

Let me think for a second.... Oh yes ALL BUFFS expires at the beginning of someone's turn.
    On the other hand, all debuffs expires AFTER their turn is over.

Let me think for a second.... Oh yes ALL BUFFS expires at the beginning of someone's turn.

Are we playing the same game?

Buffs expire at the END of that toon's turn, just like debuffs...
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member

Fair enough, you guys are right and Im an **** (no sarcasm) but even so why do we want to apply ability block on someone that already used the skill you want to block in the first place? It makes no sense
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Actually, some buffs expires at the beginning like Stealth and heal over time
    Actually, some buffs expires at the beginning like Stealth and heal over time

^

You didn't play with teebo for rancor or what guys?
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member

Fair enough, you guys are right and Im an **** (no sarcasm) but even so why do we want to apply ability block on someone that already used the skill you want to block in the first place? It makes no sense

Well, it kinda makes no sense but it's a new feature that brings more into the gameplay, you can time it right so you can stun a toon on thrawn's next basic, even boba might come out of the bench for his ability block and thrawn stunning on first turn then fracture ^_^
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »

Well, it kinda makes no sense but it's a new feature that brings more into the gameplay, you can time it right so you can stun a toon on thrawn's next basic, even boba might come out of the bench for his ability block and thrawn stunning on first turn then fracture ^_^

You are not the first one that says Boba, but why doesnt anyone think of Krennic Lead? Even so, I think the ability block should come as soon as their turn start else it is close to useless
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I think Thrawn's basic only stuns on the ability block left by his stun, not from other ability blocks.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • When he hits an AB Target, it stuns and does the AB go away? (Asking for the double turn boba AB, in case he stun over others AB)
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    See my previous comment.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    See my previous comment.

Sorry mate, wasn't there when I started typing, was thinking on boba + thrawn combo, not gonna happen then, thanks for the info.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I think Thrawn's basic only stuns on the ability block left by his stun, not from other ability blocks.

No it stuns from anyone's ability block. I've been using Krennic lead with Thrawn to verify
    When he hits an AB Target, it stuns and does the AB go away? (Asking for the double turn boba AB, in case he stun over others AB)

The ability block stays with the stun
  • Seems to me, Thrawn is more of a threat to Sith/Empire with his constant cleanse. Now if he would cleanse the opponents, he would shut down Maze, zQGJ, GK, Chirrut, Yoda, Rex..ok just figured out why he doesn't lol

This guy seems to atleast get the point of buffs and debuffs.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • His basic is also good against an opposing thrawn that's fracturing someone.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Speed is not bugged, stealth is.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • There are a couple of uses with this.

If you have a dispelled like DT, he can strip speed up off of them resulting in AB before they can move.

Another instance where this is useful is DN.

Nihilus can use Drain Force and be ready to annihilate but on his next turn will be ability blocked.

I do this and it works, but Boba's execute/dispel doesn't work. It's weird. DT and a Nihilus dispel and apply ability block but boba doesn't. Maybe it has to do with stripping speed up AND ability block, in which case, there better be the extra damage applied lol
  • HEISENBURG7315
    56 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Seems to me his basic works better when not omega. I would loop speed up and ab. So every turn they were ab. Now that I omega it it then stuns and next Turn they get speed up again with nothing blocking that turn!!
  • Sounds like awesome character design by the people making the game.

Think of Thrawn mixed with either Nihilus or Deathtrooper. Either one increases cooldowns. Thrawn then applies speed up. That person gets to their turn, when they can't use the special because of the cooldown increase, and then is ability blocked for the following turn. Additionally, the speed up won't trigger a cleanse.
  • Seems to me, Thrawn is more of a threat to Sith/Empire with his constant cleanse. Now if he would cleanse the opponents, he would shut down Maze, zQGJ, GK, Chirrut, Yoda, Rex..ok just figured out why he doesn't lol

Actually, on offence you can swap Thrawn's turn meter with Deathtrooper's to dispel enemy buffs or increase their cooldowns faster than the Deathtrooper could ever go on his own. It still won't do much against Jedi because of the foresight, but fracture on GK is going to really cripple any Jedi team anyways.