Character Skins: Give us Individuality!

Replies

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Bringing my own thread back to the top. It's not a "necro", per se, as I wanted to keep the dialog going from here without having to make a new thread.

Additional thoughts and input, positive or negative, for or against, are always welcomed.

I'm positive this is a great idea. Hoth Leia, Slave Leia, General Leia, and that's just 1 character. You could take it even farther, where the skin changes the faction. General Leia becomes Resistance, Finn's Stormtrooper skin makes him First Order.
    But most importantly
    Clone helmets!!!! :)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • This would be great. I don't see it applying to all the characters, but it would add a bit of sweet detail to the game. CG definitely has more pressing things to work on though.
  • Dameron
    38 posts Member
    I'd like to put Poe in a flight suit. Don't like how he and Finn are both wearing the jacket he gave to Finn at the same time.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    This would be awesome. If they made Jedi Luke you could have ROTJ or bespin Luke. They could also have young/old ahsoka from tcw or phase one/ phase 2 clones. Other things could be 2003 clone wars versions of the characters. It would also be cool if you could change their stances. Either way this would be great.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Seriously... this is a real thread? smh
  • So they can charge a bunch of money for skins? (and you know it would happen). No thanks.
  • CF_Jedi1234
    376 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Ally Points should be used.
    No stat boosts or anything, or EA will make Chewie some kind of killer beast.
    If it is just retexture, I'd love it, as we could have R2D2 that fell into that water on Dagobah, B2 that stole Roket B2's kit but cannot operate it, Young Kenobi, Padawan Anakin, Helmeted Clones, No Helmet Kylo, Scarface Kylo, Luke Jokewalker, etc.
    Otherwise make a skin cost 5 Zeta Mats.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    wouldn't that be kind of op?

instead of stat bonuses im sure they would create synergy bonuses have anikan fight with his clone team or turn him into dark anikan where his buff now applies to sith and storm troopers!
  • If there were stat bonuses, the whole point of "individuality" would be gone, because people would just use the objectively best skin.

Imo its something that would take up too much resources, but if it were to happen, definitely just as pure cosmetic items.
  • They wont give us 5 clone helmets, and you think they will make 100+ new skins?

Riiight.
  • please do not waste your valuable time dev's. there are FAR more important things in this game to be doing. you've done a great job so far.

this is a battle game, not a dress up your character game.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    please do not waste your valuable time dev's. there are FAR more important things in this game to be doing. you've done a great job so far.

You played with dress-up Barbie most all your childhood, and you never complained then.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • +1

Skins would gladly get my dollar.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    So they can charge a bunch of money for skins? (and you know it would happen). No thanks.
    Then don't buy them. Duh. If it's just cosmetic there's no penalty for not using them... Jeez. Not everything is some sort of 10-dimensional Xanatos chess game, dude.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    please do not waste your valuable time dev's. there are FAR more important things in this game to be doing. you've done a great job so far.

You played with dress-up Barbie most all your childhood, and you never complained then.
    Skins would be the best thing this game can get tbh.

Completely disagree, skins are extremely important. Visuals play a large factor in games, otherwise we'd be looking at raw, boring code. It is a great aesthetic and very profitable.
  • This is so low priority compared to new content.
  • I just want the pilots to actually have helmets on!
    (Wiggs)
  • holyjoe35 wrote: »

Completely disagree, skins are extremely important. Visuals play a large factor in games, otherwise we'd be looking at raw, boring code. It is a great aesthetic and very profitable.

sorry i'm not some millionaire who can afford to drop money on free game.

skins are the very last thing i would buy if i had any money at all to spend on the game. the way the toons are now are fine.

This is actually a very bad diss.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    no.

skins are the very last thing i would buy if i had any money at all to spend on the game. the way the toons are now are fine.
    Have you seen other games with the skin models? You know some of them a very profitable without needing to break game balance? Price can range from $5 to $20, doesn't have to be wallet busting. I'm sorry you have no desire to purchase it, but many people do, including myself. Individuality is a huge aspect in any game.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    I can barely distinguish some existing character skins from others as it is. I don't really want to be having to guess who is wearing what outfit when I'm in the middle of a timed battle.

This is actually a very bad diss.

023648181d5407b5b1d588905cd2e814.jpg

SnakesOnAPlane
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Bringing my own thread back to the top. It's not a "necro", per se, as I wanted to keep the dialog going from here without having to make a new thread.

Additional thoughts and input, positive or negative, for or against, are always welcomed.

I'm positive this is a great idea. Hoth Leia, Slave Leia, General Leia, and that's just 1 character. You could take it even farther, where the skin changes the faction. General Leia becomes Resistance, Finn's Stormtrooper skin makes him First Order.
    But most importantly
    Clone helmets!!!! :)
    i just entered to quote this <3

clone helmets should be priority numero uno :smiley:

Have you seen other games with the skin models? You know some of them a very profitable without needing to break game balance? Price can range from $5 to $20, doesn't have to be wallet busting. I'm sorry you have no desire to purchase it, but many people do, including myself. Individuality is a huge aspect in any game.

what individuality?? from what i see in arena most use the exact same team of rebels. yep that's real original.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Alright, you don't want to buy skins. That's cool.

So why does you not wanting to pay for them mean I shouldn't have the option?
  • Torso Darth Maul would be cool

Spoiler
  • NicWester wrote: »

you would be taking the dev's time away from something else more important that i could benefit from.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    There's much better things they could be working on. And with characters like storm han and han coexisting it'd be weird
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

you would be taking the dev's time away from something else more important that i could benefit from.
    If you're free to play (and I mostly am) then every time the developers make a whole bunch of money off something you won't buy, you're benefitting. This game isn't a charity. Would you rather they make money selling cosmetic items like skins, or new characters that only spenders have access to for a coupke months? Because it's one or the other.
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    There's much better things they could be working on. And with characters like storm han and han coexisting it'd be weird
    See above. Also, not every character needs a dozen skins.

Also-also, how much time do you think this'll take? There's no balance testing or anything. A company, and I know this is a difficult thing to grasp but hear me out, a company can do TWO things at ONCE. They've got things like art departments who work on projects that the QA deparment isn't working on.