Enough is enough - Time to sort out mods

Cardiff0
516 posts Member
Last year I wasn't 100% that not allowing us to sort through mods properly was really a money making exercise (by forcing us to get more mods for all characters). To have not sorted out this crippling issue with the game by now leaves me with no doubt that not letting us move mods properly is purely to try and make us spend on more and more mods

We work at this game to build our characters and squads and give us different options for all the game modes.

Yet to use even one single character not from my arena squad, I need to spend 5 minutes every time just moving mods about from a character im not gonna use in that team of 5.

As a result all my built Jedi are never touched. All my empire if I want to change team are just stuck. Thrawn really sent me over the edge with this. If I want to sub him into arena, which I am constantly chopping and changing my team to deal with different opponents, it's an ordeal. I can't just throw in thrawn, I have to PITA remove EPs mods, put them on GAT. If I want to use tarkin instead of vader lead in that fight, more mods to switch. If I want to put in death trooper or Krennic as well, welcome to hell. You cannot use a different team. We have all built big squads now, can we not be afforded the right to use what we have spent time and effort building?

Also all the players are stuck in the idea of an arena 5, 'this is my team right now'. They keep that meta team for months. Mods being practically unchangeable makes you think that that is what a strategy game like this is about, but it really isn't, that makes it terribly boring. Ok you can have a defensive team you leave on when you're not playing. But on offense the whole fun is to have different teams and counter different things by throwing in another character or two for that fight. Personally this is one reason why I have never used meta I have just thrown in different characters to beat different setups and adapted to everything with empire. That is a true strategy game, playing with the same 5 in a meta team every time is just clockwork. But there are just too many characters I can't do it any more. Please don't make this game boring like this for the sake of trying to force money from mods, plenty more money can be made from making this game better and letting us use strategy with our teams. I really doubt how profitable this actually is any more, it's time to change it and let us use our whole arsenal.

Replies

• +1
    They're really making an effort to make this game a chore.
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Last year I wasn't 100% that not allowing us to sort through mods properly was really a money making exercise (by forcing us to get more mods for all characters). To have not sorted out this crippling issue with the game by now leaves me with no doubt that not letting us move mods properly is purely to try and make us spend on more and more mods

We work at this game to build our characters and squads and give us different options for all the game modes.

Yet to use even one single character not from my arena squad, I need to spend 5 minutes every time just moving mods about from a character im not gonna use in that team of 5.

As a result all my built Jedi are never touched. All my empire if I want to change team are just stuck. Thrawn really sent me over the edge with this. If I want to sub him into arena, which I am constantly chopping and changing my team to deal with different opponents, it's an ordeal. I can't just throw in thrawn, I have to PITA remove EPs mods, put them on GAT. If I want to use tarkin instead of vader lead in that fight, more mods to switch. If I want to put in death trooper or Krennic as well, welcome to hell. You cannot use a different team. We have all built big squads now, can we not be afforded the right to use what we have spent time and effort building?

Also all the players are stuck in the idea of an arena 5, 'this is my team right now'. They keep that meta team for months. Mods being practically unchangeable makes you think that that is what a strategy game like this is about, but it really isn't, that makes it terribly boring. Ok you can have a defensive team you leave on when you're not playing. But on offense the whole fun is to have different teams and counter different things by throwing in another character or two for that fight. Personally this is one reason why I have never used meta I have just thrown in different characters to beat different setups and adapted to everything with empire. That is a true strategy game, playing with the same 5 in a meta team every time is just clockwork. But there are just too many characters I can't do it any more. Please don't make this game boring like this for the sake of trying to force money from mods, plenty more money can be made from making this game better and letting us use strategy with our teams. I really doubt how profitable this actually is any more, it's time to change it and let us use our whole arsenal.

+1,000,000,000,000
  • This is why I actually stoped carying about squad arena. I just got bored. I have few decent teams but I kind of don't care about fighting against the same characters using the same mods.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Agree 100%. For raids I have enough mods for everyone leveled up, but I do sacrifice a lot of damage by not rotating mods around. And, I also can't remember what mod went where so I have different mods on my guys all the time. Not sure what I did the other week, but my damage in HAAT was a lot more, so my mods were set up better then. It takes me like 15 minutes just to get my mods organized for Rancor though. It is also just far too tedious to move mods around when wanting to sub in a different character for arena or to try out different teams. I need to put my best mods in play to get a good idea of whether the team is worth using, and currently I can't do this as switching mods is just too much of a chore.

This is my biggest QoL issue that I would like to be addressed.
  • An equally big issue with mods is the extreme over-emphasis on Speed. Pretty much every battle above rank 100 is won or lost depending on who has better speed mods for their characters. There is CLEARLY an issue when any mod that isn't at least green with a speed secondary is considered worthless.

This isn't even a difficult issue to resolve. You simply lower the amount of speed on all mods. Sure, people will complain that they can no longer take two turns before someone else can take one, but people will complain no matter what you do.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    This is why I actually stoped carying about squad arena. I just got bored. I have few decent teams but I kind of don't care about fighting against the same characters using the same mods.

Funny, that's why i stopped carying about every other squad except my arena squad.... I only farm mods for them, and leave the rest... I have decent teams of course, i use them in GW, but i know ppl that do the Mod removal for raids, what a waste of time! I rather score 0 and get the shards anyways....
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    An equally big issue with mods is the extreme over-emphasis on Speed. Pretty much every battle above rank 100 is won or lost depending on who has better speed mods for their characters. There is CLEARLY an issue when any mod that isn't at least green with a speed secondary is considered worthless.

This isn't even a difficult issue to resolve. You simply lower the amount of speed on all mods. Sure, people will complain that they can no longer take two turns before someone else can take one, but people will complain no matter what you do.

But if you do that, you'll break the game for newcomers... Cause they won't simply erase all the previous mods, so those players that got great speed mods will still have them, and those players who still need to farm for good speed mods will be f*d....
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    An equally big issue with mods is the extreme over-emphasis on Speed. Pretty much every battle above rank 100 is won or lost depending on who has better speed mods for their characters. There is CLEARLY an issue when any mod that isn't at least green with a speed secondary is considered worthless.

But if you do that, you'll break the game for newcomers... Cause they won't simply erase all the previous mods, so those players that got great speed mods will still have them, and those players who still need to farm for good speed mods will be f*d....

I said 'all mods'. That includes current ones.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Uhh... I'm not sure that's possible, to reduce the already existing stats on everyone's mods? Like, reducing 5 speed on all mods that have speed stats.... Is it possible? Really, i have no idea lol...

But speed would STILL be the most wanted and farmed status of any mods... It wouldn't change much, maybe it would balance the arena a little bit, but speed would still mean everything
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    Uhh... I'm not sure that's possible, to reduce the already existing stats on everyone's mods? Like, reducing 5 speed on all mods that have speed stats.... Is it possible? Really, i have no idea lol...

But speed would STILL be the most wanted and farmed status of any mods... It wouldn't change much, maybe it would balance the arena a little bit, but speed would still mean everything

I'm sure the devs can across-the-board alter stats if they want.

Also, the idea is that they reduce the speed by enough that you would consider other secondaries over it. If I had the choice between 5 extra speed or a thousand more HP or 5% more crit-chance, there are a lot of times where I would prioritise the HP or crit.

However, this would sadly never happen, as the cries of whales would drown out logic or balancing.
  • Ohhh boy, just remembered​ the old days, when they "balanced" the game, saying faster toons should hit for lower, and slower toons hit for high numbers, except Rey who was the fastest and strongest of all and presence on every team, a time before mods, zetas, omega, a time of lvl60 max. God I'm getting old.